ARES versus COLOSSUS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zahit
ARES: Olympian God of War
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Stefan78/ARES001_FLCOV.jpg

versus

COLOSSUS: Armor-skinned X-Man
http://members.aol.com/pgkrumholz/colossus/colossus23.jpg

JOE NUNEZ
Dear God ! Ares , rather easily..

badabing
^^^^Basically what Joe said.^^^^

JOE NUNEZ
Thats a cool ARES pic , by the way.......

Darth Martin
Isn't Ares a WW vilian. Then he wins rather esily.

Grimm22
Ares has WAY WAY WAY more experience.

Ares has the advantage in skills.

He's probobly stronger too if not nearly as strong erm

Skeets
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Isn't Ares a WW vilian. Then he wins rather esily.
This is marvel's Ares not that it really matters.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Skeets
This is marvel's Ares not that it really matters. wink

Zahit
Ares used to be listed as being able to lift 70 tons.
No reason to believe that's changed.

Colossus is currently around 100 tons.
He also has greater durability due to his metal skin.

I side with Ares due to his immeasurable skill and Olympian physiology.
But, I don't think it's gonna be that easy.
The russian is gonna give him some problems and broken jaw at least...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Zahit
Ares used to be listed as being able to lift 70 tons.
No reason to believe that's changed.

Colossus is currently around 100 tons.
He also has greater durability due to his metal skin.

I side with Ares due to his immeasurable skill and Olympian physiology.
But, I don't think it's gonna be that easy.
The russian is gonna give him some problems and broken jaw at least...

Colossus wont go down easily, but Ares is a freakin beast. I cant see Colossus winning this no

MJOILNIR
Espcially with magical weapons that Im sure Ares would have access to.

Soleran
Ares has been written as a side character for so long that he has been written like a Tard, there is no way Collossus would have the martial skills to touch Ares unless he let him.

H. S. 6
Ares, man. Easily.

DickBlazer
Ares can be hurt, though he heels fast, it won't be fast enough.
Colossus wins this.

Innerhype
The God of War takes this one

Metalmanx
Can someone please explain in as much detail as possible exactly what Ares brings to the table that is so superior to Colossus? Really, I want to know.

Dinalfos
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/KevinSmithActor.jpg

I know it's not him, but how can anyone lose against this guy? stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Well, he hurt Zeus with his punch...he's a Skyfather.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Can someone please explain in as much detail as possible exactly what Ares brings to the table that is so superior to Colossus? Really, I want to know.

I cant beleive im saying this but ...... I agree

Well, he hurt Zeus with his punch...he's a Skyfather

1st of all Zeus doesn't seem to be the most impressive Skyfather in the world. 2nd, I think Colossus has more to suggest he is stronger.

Apolloknight
Does Ares get any of his weapons? If he does, its going to be that much harder for Colossus IMO.

Lucid Lui
Ares mini was great and all, and the guy is cool, but he still doesn't have alot going for him in terms of feats.

Give it some time.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Ares mini was great and all, and the guy is cool, but he still doesn't have alot going for him in terms of feats.

Give it some time.

Was it really that great B.T.W. IMO everysones getting overly excited because hes on the new Avengers team.

roughrider
If Colossus armours up, does Ares have anything that can really harm him? What about this grasscutter sword I've heard about?
Because of his experience, I'm sure Ares eventually finds a way. Maybe if he gets his gauntlets back from hippolyta - there are supposed to increase his strength 100x times. eek!

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by roughrider
If Colossus armours up, does Ares have anything that can really harm him? What about this grasscutter sword I've heard about?
Because of his experience, I'm sure Ares eventually finds a way. Maybe if he gets his gauntlets back from hippolyta - there are supposed to increase his strength 100x times. eek!

U've been reading Wiki, haven't u ? *Shifty* big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
U've been reading Wiki, haven't u ? *Shifty* big grin
Wiki - best source of info in the world. big grin

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Was it really that great B.T.W. IMO everysones getting overly excited because hes on the new Avengers team. The first 3 issues were very good, but the last two didn't really deliver for me. As a whole i don't think it was as good people are making it sound.

Ares certainly seems to be the "it" character right now. Funnily enough, much like Beta Ray Bill was after Stormbreaker.

All i need to do is coerce Oeming into writing a Gladiator mini. big grin

Scoobless
BRB really needs more comic time now that he's living on Earth

Lucid Lui
Apparently Oeming is writing something with him in it sometime soon.

but it won't be a solo title like rumoured.

Grimm22

He has thousands of years of experience in combat.

He is arguably the most skilled Demi-God. (kicked the living crap out of Hermes)

His strength is at least in the low 100's if not higher than that.

His is REALLY freakin tough. He lit himself on fire and had Hercules throw him into an army of japanese demi-god soldiers.

Yeah Colossus is awesome, but he stands NO chance here no

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

All i need to do is coerce Oeming into writing a Gladiator mini. big grin

Agreed .... Gladiator needs an Origin, and an Updated illustration of his powers. I think he could be cool as a team up character, he with some more obscure cosmic comerades. Infact id like to see more of that Star thingy from the Thanos mini. I also think the Shiar need to go the way of the Kryptoninans, maybe Vulcan can do me some favours in that department. He could then make up a Cosmic JLA, with the likes of Drax, Surfer and co.

"BRB really needs more comic time now that he's living on Earth"

He needs to be put down !!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Grimm22

His is REALLY freakin tough. He lit himself on fire and had Hercules throw him into an army of japanese demi-god soldiers.

Ummmm I disagree ....

Superherovandal

He is arguably the most skilled Demi-God. (kicked the living crap out of Hermes)

Isn't that what Big Barda Orion did with the White Martians but instead Orion ran into them? I see many similarities in their personalities and powers. Imagine if they teamed up together?

Metalmanx

No offense, Grimm, but I'm not convinced. Not just because I like Colossus either. It's because you didn't really tell me anything that puts him superior to Colossus.

Most skilled demi-god. Okay. What is this in relation to Colossus?

Strength is debatable.

Colossus, too, is REALLY freakin tough. He absorbed the full force of Storm's lightning in order to store it for Cyclops.

I just don't see what puts him above Colossus here.

I think Colossus wins this. Not easily at all. But he wins.

hunbu04
you are now saying that colossus can hurt zeus a being considered to be odin equal. A being who created life just to get hera trap in his plan. now colossus can defeat a being who can created life and even without his near infinite magical is still an very powerful elemental

olympian
A few notes:

- Ares hurting Zeus doesnt count much. Zeus let him punch and didnt fougth back. Plus it was a weakned Zeus.

- Since the mini, Ares has gone up from cl 70. How much is yet to be seen.

- He outskilled Hercules so far in a little "match".

- He didnt fougth Hermes. That little interaction showed, however that hes quite fast.

- Hes more battle savy for sure.

- Colossus is not cl 100. But hes more durable against piercing damage.

Jyppe
Originally posted by olympian

- Colossus is not cl 100. But hes more durable against piercing damage.

Umm, yes he is. Seen his handbook entries? Seen some of his feats?

olympian
The same handbooks that once said that Hercules was stronger than the Hulk? They arent often accurate.

Comic feats? He doesnt have a top tier record, so hes not cl 100. And let it note im talking of cl 100 as = top tier. Not just the ability to lift close to a hundred tons or something. Pll below the top tier can also do that.

Symmetric Chaos
And let it note im talking of cl 100 as = top tier.

Why would you do that?

Class100 is a measure of strength only.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why would you do that?

Class100 is a measure of strength only. I agree. When the worlds strongest man competition is on T.V. you don't see the guys going around trying to beat each other up.

olympian
Why would you do that?

Do we honestly use that term other than talking about the strength elite?

Class100 is a measure of strength only.

...wich is what we are talking about. Top league of strength. Hes not in it. Neither in figthing record and neither in lifting.

snoopdogg
Colossus has been said to be one of the strongest guys on the planet a few times. And that was when he was a teenager.

Symmetric Chaos

I thought TopTier referd to more than just physical strength.

...wich is what we are talking about. Top league of strength. Hes not in it. Neither in figthing record and neither in lifting.

He lifted the Blob. I'm sure others can give you examples of his strength.

olympian
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Colossus has been said to be one of the strongest guys on the planet a few times. And that was when he was a teenager.
The moment he starts to match the records of guys like Namor and Wonderman, among others then he gets rised up to the elite. Being called one of the strongest beings on the planet doesnt make you an elite. Ben its also one of the strongest guys and hes not there.

I thought TopTier referd to more than just physical strength.
You can use the term for several categories. Speed, Strength, Endurance, etc. You just need to specify it out. In this case we are discussing strength, so its "top tier" of strength.

He lifted the Blob. I'm sure others can give you examples of his strength.
He has few high feats on a elite level. So does Aquaman. So does Ares. But those arent *so far* the norm of the level they usually perform. But Hulk and Thor (as an example) usually perform at the elite lvl. Thats the thing that keeps these three guys out of it.

snoopdogg
The moment he starts to match the records of guys like Namor and Wonderman, among others then he gets rised up to the elite. Being called one of the strongest beings on the planet doesnt make you an elite. Ben its also one of the strongest guys and hes not there.

You can use the term for several categories. Speed, Strength, Endurance, etc. You just need to specify it out. In this case we are discussing strength, so its "top tier" of strength. When Champion came to Earh to challenge the strongest guys on Earth Colossus was selected. And more importantly Colossus was only 18 at the time. I'm over 30 years old now and I am alot stronger now than when I was 18.

olympian
At Marvel, while Colossus is stronger now than before, he still doesnt have the record. Hence the majority of the writers dont place him as high as the others. Same with Ben.

Jyppe
The same handbooks that once said that Hercules was stronger than the Hulk? They arent often accurate.

Comic feats? He doesnt have a top tier record, so hes not cl 100. And let it note im talking of cl 100 as = top tier. Not just the ability to lift close to a hundred tons or something. Pll below the top tier can also do that.

Uh, Herc's strenght is higher than Hulk's base strenght. No question about it. How many times has Herc been put above Hulk in the strenght departement? More times than Colossus has been stated to be class 100?

Why the hell are you referring class 100 as the top tier? What's the logic here? Technically class 7, immeasurable strenght, is the top tier.

Since when has Ares been part of the so called class100toptier?
Maybe you shouldn't make up terms like that just to avoid confusion, as many here consider Colossus a cl 100er. AFAIK class 100 doesn't indicate top tier, it indicates strenght. Nothing else, nothing less.

hunbu04
in mighty avengers 1 ironman refered to him as more than a top tier. Ironman made he looked like he was herald level.

ironman direct words
oh really i know you r very though and i respect everything you stand for. my estimation is it would take at least five or the more powerful men at my disposal to physically take you down. she hulk,wonderman,myself,the vision, and the sentry. but i will bring six more just for safety.
that is a lot of respect when has colossus being given that kind of respect by anyone. Ares is refered to as been both wolverine and thor in one person.

Rewmac
Originally posted by snoopdogg
When Champion came to Earh to challenge the strongest guys on Earth Colossus was selected. And more importantly Colossus was only 18 at the time. I'm over 30 years old now and I am alot stronger now than when I was 18. Point taken. I can co-sign that. But Ares owned Hercules with one move.

Which issue was Colossus selected?

xmeat
ares was able to fight herc and namor who i would consider both of them above colossus.

olympian
Originally posted by Jyppe
Uh, Herc's strenght is higher than Hulk's base strenght. No question about it. How many times has Herc been put above Hulk in the strenght departement? More times than Colossus has been stated to be class 100?

Herc in the comics has been showed to be above Hulk in strength as many times Colossus has been showed to be in the elite tier.

Besides, handbooks dont place Hulk at its base. They just place him in the class he belongs, like the others.

Why the hell are you referring class 100 as the top tier? What's the logic here? Technically class 7, immeasurable strenght, is the top tier./B]

Your making a confusion out of nothing. The poster who refered Colossus as "cl 100" wanted to convey what? That he was in the elite tier, obviously. What else? Just for kicks, drop the handbooks and see this in a comic perspective: Does Colossus have a figthing record as the elite guys we know? No. Does he have a lifting record as the elite guys we know? No.

So hes not elite. Or top tier. Or cl 100. Or have immeasurable strength. Take your pick.

You say you get confused with the terms of "top tier" and "cl 100" but look how you evaluated Ares here. The term top tier refers to either= the best of a certain area/and or the best overall in varius areas: While Hercules physically speaking is top tier, he isent powerwise. He lacks energy projection, he lacks a great degree of speed, he lacks variety, etc.

Really, what is hard to get here?

Wich area its being discussed? Strength.

So is Colossus in the top cream of strength? No.

Nothing less and nothing more.

Judge 64
Thanos_THOTU, why are you always so rude to guy222?

DevilGoblin
Herc in the comics has been showed to be above Hulk in strength as many times Colossus has been showed to be in the elite tier.

yes, yes in your dream

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6608/herculesucksax6.jpg

olympian
Good boy.

That shows that a haymaker from the Hulk only makes Hercules go "oof" while thinking at the same time what fun he was having.

My statement above stands to the truth. If you were smart enough, you would see how.

Rewmac
Herc is strong. Still Class 100 so he is around Hulk's level. But he ain't no Juggy or Hulk....

hunbu04
you said it yourself colossus is considered one of the strongest being on the planet but the likes of hercules,thor,hulk, and juggy are considered to be some of the strongest being in the universe

Metalmanx

...Schwa?

Dude, Class 100 is everything 100 tons and BEYOND. It is the highest strength classification. Colossus is mid-level class 100.

Metalmanx
...Schwa?

Dude, Class 100 is everything 100 tons and BEYOND. It is the highest strength classification. Colossus is mid-level class 100.

You want a feat? How about when he caught the gargantuan space ship from crashing with his bare hands in "Secret Wars"?

hunbu04
catching space ship is for mid tier
hercules and thor almost hit the planet out of it orbit by just armwresting
they close and time/dimensional portal just by punching it
they fought ego the living planet
both of them have humble firelord several different time
they have lifted masses over billions of tons
that is what top tier feats are strength and colossus is just not in that league

Soljer
Catching a space ship is mid-tier...but it's mid-tier class one hundred.

Ask yourself a question; can Colossus lift one hundred tons?

Can he lift one hundred one tons?

Yes? Then he's class one hundred.

There are power brackets within class 100 that vary from lifting 101 tons to trillions of tons. They're all class 100, regardless.

No one is saying that Colossus has the strength of Hercules, Thor, or the Hulk. The only thing people are saying is that Colossus possesses the strength to press in excess of one hundred tons. The definition of class 100.

And he does. It can be proven, time and time again.

horrorwolf
Ares would win this due to the fact that he is a practical match for colossus in strength and durablility, only he also has tons more experience in battle, incredible regeneration, flight, and insane weaponry at his disposal.

Dont get me wrong, Colossus would last a bit due to his durability, but he aint stopping Ares.

Ares 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.