Solidus vs. Solid Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
The youngest Snake, former president and the only who looks like Big Boss, Solidus Snake vs. the MGS protagonist and the one who looks and acts like Naked Snake, Solid. It's George vs. Dave in a battle to the deatha dn Snake does not have his Chaff but is allowed any other weapon. The arena is atop Federal Hall.

MadMel
for some reason, the search button isnt working for me, but i know that this fight has been done before...

Sam Z
Raiden won, so Snake would win too.

Krone
Solid takes it easy

kamikz
I wouldn't say that. I'd say Snake takes it, but certainly not with ease.

Raiden took him for these reasons....

1. He was trained by Solidus, he knew exactly what Solidus knew, as Solidus puts it, "I've taught him everything I know", plus that he has had hardcore VR traning and new skills taught in the "new FoxHound".
2. He had a vibroblade, which actually matched Solidus vibroblades. Snake hasn't got anything to parry his swords...

Now if this is Snake in MGS 1 TS, then he is damn agile, and since he was able to keep up with Gray Fox and beat him, I'd say he's damn more than capable of keeping up with Solidus. (Who Raiden OUTSPEEDED to win)
He can do massive leaps, like jumping up to the knee of MG Rex! (Which is like a tall building). He could easily avoid him, and is faster except if you are talking about quick dashes with those jet motors Solidus has.

Snake can also move as fast as normal (not gameplay, he does it several times) with a Stinger missile on his back, and it'd be damn hard for Solidus to actually counter that. If he uses guns he'd have to aim for the head.
Snake also stood up to Gray Fox when Gray had a sword and Snake was unarmed, and did a damn good job actually taking him down several times. Gray Fox is better than Solidus blade to blade (I think we've discussed that here) and much faster in moving his arms, so I think Snake could dodge several strikes. Or do a Raiden move, (quick dash to the left when Solidus strikes) which leaves his achilles heel (his spine or his head) vulnerable for damage....

Since Snake normally does not wield a HF blade (although he does wield one in Acid, I think he started to dislike blades by the time he saw Fox die), I don't think he'll have one, at least not if it is TW or MGS 1 Snake. It's not necessary for him to win though...

I think Snake could very well win, but it'd be a hard fight, and I think there is a big possibility that Solidus would take it like 3 or 4 times out of 10.

Nikkolas
The main problem for Snake is his guns. Solidus, with ease, deflected a full bullet assault from RAY's gun. Snake has a FAMAS if we give him all the guns he used in MGS1 and eventually it wil run on empty. Given Solidus extra protection of his face, his suits amazing durability and his effortless ability to deflect every shot from RAY, I think he could easily knock away every bullet fired by Snake. Also note that as we saw with olga, Solidus' tentacles have enough speed to not only knock the gun out of the opponent's hands in the time i takes to raise and aim properly, but he can grab them with the other immediately after.

I can see Solid winning but it's about 5/10 for both.

kamikz
I agree perfectly with your points. Snake, even though a damn good marksman, will not get a shot on his head easily at all, nor his spine. But he does have the Stinger, which I doubt it will be an easy task for Solidus to parry. The explosion will, (as we saw when Snake shot a grenade at him in MGS 2) cause him to fly, damage his face as well. If he cannot get away fast or parry it effectfully, he will get blasted to death....

Although the Snake arms are fast, Raiden did not seem to have very much trouble with them when he fought Solidus, and Snake could blow them away with a well placed explosive.

Snake could stand up to him in close distance though, he can dodge almost all incoming strikes, and he could trip a ragefull Fox easily. If he has the right tactics, I can see him win 6/10....

Lol, I just remembered one thing that will guarantee Snake victory.
All equipment - Chaff = Stealth Camoflauge. < Nuff said stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
In my opinion Solid Snake in his prime(Twin Snakes) will manhandle Solidus Snake. The guy was just an inhuman beast when it comes to feats and abilities in that game. The only real disadvantage he has is the fact he does not wield blades because he is not fond of them. About the whole Solidus' tentacles being capable of disarming an opponent before they can react I think it is a mute point since Solid Snake is not Olga and he has proven time and time again to have super human reaction times.
However if this is Snake after his accelerated aging kicked in he will have a much harder time disposing of Solidus and all those lethal tentacles. It's possible for him to do it, but it won't be easy not by a longshot.
Overall I believe it goes 8/10 for Dave if it is Twin Snakes Solid Snake and 5/10 for either Snake if it's Sons of Liberty Dave.

Sam Z
Um... what's Liquid real name? I mean Snake is David, Solidus is George but it was never mentioned Liquid's name.

kamikz
Unknown...

Nikkolas
He's that ***** from Tekken Tag??!

Bad joke...oh well.

I think a Stinger be easy to dodge. It takes a while to raise and aim properly at Solidus who showed immense speed, especially when he got rid of the tentacles. Once he's fired off a missile, he's left completely wide open.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Nikkolas
He's that ***** from Tekken Tag??!

Bad joke...oh well.

I think a Stinger be easy to dodge. It takes a while to raise and aim properly at Solidus who showed immense speed, especially when he got rid of the tentacles. Once he's fired off a missile, he's left completely wide open.

Have you played MGS Twin Snakes? Physics do not affect that Snake. He is simply astonishing with the Stinger. Go to youtube and and try to find the cut-scenes involving the Hind D fight and when Snake encounters Vulcan Raven in the freezing room.

kamikz
Yeah, Vulcan tosses a big pillar at Snake. When it is about 1/2 a second from hitting him, he takes up the Stinger (He hasn't even EQUIPED it yet) and shoots the pillar apart. It is also homing, so Solidus would have to run around to avoid it. And the fact that Snake can dodge bullets, and can keep up with Gray Fox who is faster than Solidus.

Raiden avoided Solidus missiles, they are not really homing, they do turn to go after the target, but they don't turn around in mid air or something, simply jump over them and they are neutralized....

kamikz
For the heck of it, here is the video, it's a music video though. It should be around 1:46.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNwBZmr_AN0

Nikkolas
That's the MGS world. It was overly flashy crap that Kojima himself was not pleased about. It's like FFVII: AC where Cloud can stay esuspended in the air for minutes...In those worlds, you can get repeatedly slashed and a Ration makes everything right. In a world bound by our laws and not game mechanics, Solidus could easily dodge a Stinger.

kamikz
So if he can dodge one, it is not only one to be fired ya know, and it is not very easy to dodge a stinger either way. Snake also has the superiority in a fight overall, so he'd win. (As me and Superboy Prime explained).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.