SBP vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mordum
By popular demand we have this fight who wins?

rotiart
Classic Odin wins 9/10
Current Odin ... 6/10

Thanos_THOTU
Have to go with Superboy Prime... but just slightly: 5,5

bigbran
What is this, the 3rd time this has been made?

rotiart
Who knows. I want doritos dammit.

UniOmni
I gotta say Odin.
He's insanely powerful magically. Insanely. And he's beaten high on the food chain.

Just cause at the end of it all, Prime was hella strong and fast, but he wasn't PC enough for me.
At least, the way people talk about PC on this board.

I expected him to use superbreath to move planets around the universe, and fart with the force of ten supernovas.
And loop the universe twice in a split second.

Maybe if he'd taken on the JLA or JSA and had some real heavy hitters there to take on.

Black Adam who i'd consider stronger than Jonn, was laughed off, while MM knocked him back.
And Superboy bloodied him, though i know it was only a good showing in death.
But i gotta say, i was pleased to see that Flash has the kryptonians number.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin doesn't have the physical strength to Beat SBP. Magic doesn't work. He pretty much looses.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin doesn't have the physical strength to Beat SBP. Magic doesn't work. He pretty much looses.

Man oh man.

He only nearly killed Hela, a death god, but spared her life.
He only killed Forsung, leader of the Enchanters, whose weak member beat up on Thor
He only killed Seth, another death god, and wrecked galaxies and ignited stars
Stalemated Surtur, lord of the fiery demons, who was carrying the Twilight sword he forged from a galaxy.

SPB is an overhyped whiner. Odin would dance and spit mead on SPB's corpse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Man oh man.

He only nearly killed Hela, a death god, but spared her life.
He only killed Forsung, leader of the Enchanters, whose weak member beat up on Thor
He only killed Seth, another death god, and wrecked galaxies and ignited stars
Stalemated Surtur, lord of the fiery demons, who was carrying the Twilight sword he forged from a galaxy.

SPB is an overhyped whiner. Odin would dance and spit mead on SPB's corpse.

Yes all of that is nice and good. But what does that have to do with the fact that SBP is stronger than Odin/faster/and has NO NO NO weakness to magic. What is Odin going to do to Superboy prime?

Jesse7
SBP takes this here, with Retcon punch, immunity to magic, kryptonite and red sun radiation (which contradicts why he was effected by it in ic 7), he has no weaknesses and is able to break dimensions as well as free himself from the speed force.

He also is able to speed blitz multiple speedsters/flashes smilutaniously, He was dragging around planets like toys, SBP takes this match.

SBP also soloed the entire GL corps simulataniously as well as breaking through the combined will power/constructs of the entire GL at once.

SBP 8/10

the Darkone
Odin is a f**king sky-father the most powerful one, SBP is stupid and immature and got serve by regular old superman. Odin can amp his strength exceeding SBP, Sutur alone is stronger than Odin and SBP, when Odin taps into his Odinforce he b***h slap Sutur around like a hoe. Odin with mytical/cosmic powers he will rock SBP ass into Oblivion, this dude sent shock waves threw out the multi-universe when he goes all out, Odin can stop time.

Jesse7
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin is a f**king sky-father the most powerful one, SBP is stupid and immature and got serve by regular old superman. Odin can amp his strength exceeding SBP, Sutur alone is stronger than Odin and SBP, when Odin taps into his Odinforce he b***h slap Sutur around like a hoe. Odin with mytical/cosmic powers he will rock SBP ass into Oblivion, this dude sent shock waves threw out the multi-universe when he goes all out, Odin can stop time.

Uh huh he lost to superman after killing the other superman as well as soloing DC earth, breaking out of the speed force, breaking out of the phantom zone, retconning all of DC by punching the source wall, soloing the entire GL corps at once, then after all that he flew through a red sun which doesn't drain him or weaken him so its PIS (hes also immune to magic and kryptonite), and finnaly lost to the other supes when he (SBP) was powerless.

That and SBP was dragging around solar systems as toys, as well as speed blitzing multiple flashes simultaniously.

Yeah I dont think Odin could even solo DC earth let alone the Entire GL corps, let alone the speed force or the phantom zone which houses beings more powerful then Odin.

Face it SBP is skyfather level and beyond by feats.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I know ur not talking about who can punch harder. Cuz retcon punch is a *****. Superboy's punches were ****ing up the dc time lines. And MAGIC DOES NOT WORK on Sbp. And SBP didn't get served by superman. YOU GOTTA GO REREAD. They tricked him. SPB was handling Superman AND the MUCH MORE POWERFUL SUPERMAN from pre crisis. He lost his powers. and that's when they tagged him.

Jesse7
P.S. SBP hasn't even reached his full potential seeing as hes not even superman yet, that and he could surpass Pre-Crisis Superman since he is injected with Anti-Matter energy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Jesse7
P.S. SBP hasn't even reached his full potential seeing as hes not even superman yet, that and he could surpass Pre-Crisis Superman since he is injected with Anti-Matter energy.

He's going to make a great villian. I hope DC doesn't **** it up. They **** up all the good villians.

Neron
Asmodel
Gog
Magog
Circe
Doomsday
Darksied
Promethian Giants
the Anti Sun
and the list goes on and on of great villians that got treated for no reason.

the Darkone
Odin has crush more powerful beings that SBP has seen in his life, Odin can move at warp-speed, call upon powers that will cause shock waves threw out deminsions. When Odin fought seth, their battlewas casuing shock waves threw out the multi-universe even the top Abstracts took notice.

Odin can his abilities beyond belief, Odin send Gladiator back in time with a gesture, b***h slap Annihlus out of Asgard with gesture for being disrespectful. Nearly killed Hela a agent of Death who would kill SBP by her damn self, killed a whole race beings that rival the powers of Asgard with one blast from his throne, dude didn't even get off his throne.

Battle Hela who had a fraction of Infintys powers, the battle was so great it could have destroyed Asgard universe. Odin in classic and current state is to powerful, took out Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Drax out with one shot.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin has crush more powerful beings that SBP has seen in his life, Odin can move at warp-speed, call upon powers that will cause shock waves threw out deminsions. When Odin fought seth, their casuing some shock waves even the top Abstracts took notice.

Odin can his abilities beyond belief, Odin send Gladiator back in time with a gesture, b***h slap Annihlus out of Asgard with gesture for being disrespectful. Nearly killed Hela a agent of Death who would kill SBP by her damn self, killed a whole race beings that rival the powers of Asgard with one blast from his throne, dude didn't even get off his throne.

Battle Hela who had a fraction of Infintys powers, the battle was so great it could have destroyed Asgard universe. Odin in classic and current state is to powerful, took out Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Drax out with one shot.

Odin can't beat the entire Gl corpse. SBP did. Odin can't beat precrisis superman. SBP was beating BOTh supermen. Odin can't get out of the speed force. SBP is the only non speedster to ever come out of it. Superboy prime raced to the center of the universe. And he had time to kill off a few gl's. Odin is not faster than Sbp. And Odin's greatest weapon, his magic, doesn't work on sbp.

Jesse7
Odin has crush more powerful beings that SBP has seen in his life, Odin can move at warp-speed, call upon powers that will cause shock waves threw out deminsions. When Odin fought seth, their battlewas casuing shock waves threw out the multi-universe even the top Abstracts took notice.

To bad Odin was killed in combat by Surtur who is less then galaxy level in power, as shown in the CANNON Marvel/DC xover where WW and 2 others helping her defeated Surtur by them selves, yeah Odin was KILLED by surtur.

SBP 8/10 over Odin.

the Darkone
Odin is omnipotent and more experience in battles, SBP who acts like spoiled child and got KO by regualr Superman, can SBP with stand the might of Odin with his Odinforce.

Hell f**king no, if you think so you are lost soul.

the Darkone
To bad Odins back after the end of Ragnorok. To bad SBP got beat down by post crisis superman, and cried like a little b***h when he got stomped.

the Darkone
Odin choose to die, so his son can fullfield his destiny becoming Rune King Thor and ending the cycle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
To bad Odins back after the end of Ragnorok. To bad SBP got beat down by post crisis superman, and cried like a little b***h when he got stomped.

I hope ur kidding right? First off, SBP was beating the shit out of BOTH superman. Precrisis and POst crisis. And then he lost his powers. He was nothign then but a teenage boy fighting two grown men. please don't act like they were all fully powered at the end of that fight. None of them had thier powers. that is one reason why Superman had to leave the jla for a year. he had no powers. Hence "52". A world without superman, batman and wonder woman.

Jesse7

lol? SBP killed pre-crisis superman, as well as taking on and defeating the entire Green Lantern corps, as well as taking on and defeating DC Earth, as well as overcoming and breaking out of both the speed force and the Phantom zone. SBP also was able to retcon all of DC's history and storyline by punching, he was also able to speed blitz simulatniously multiple flashes, you keep repeating the same thing, but don't mention feats.

O and Odin may be back, but point being is that he was KILLED by sutur and thats cannon undisputable, want to know what else is cannon? The Marvel/DC xover where WW (Diana) and two others defeated Surtur, this may mean nothing but if WW and two others>Surtur who>Odin, and SBP far surpasses WW, then yeah I think SBP completely curbstomps Odin here.

Yes I know A>b>C>A isn't popular here but its not for the argument its to demonstrate that Odin going by whats shown in comics and not speculation, is much weaker then your hyping him to be.

the Darkone
Superman did KO SBP am I correct, thought so. The end of the battle what counts. Odin will send him to Hela, which she will rip his soul out of him.

Jesse7
Superman did KO SBP am I correct, thought so. The end of the battle what counts. Odin will send him to Hela, which she will rip his soul out of him.

Did you actually read the comics? post-crisis superman was able to KO SBP at the end because SBP momentarily lost his powers, as well as post supes, meaning it was grown man in his 30's physique versus a teenager in his 19's/20's physique.

the Darkone
Odin will take out SBP out so fast, he would still think that he was on earth prime. Odin feats>>>>>>>> SBP.

WhiteWitchKing
Yes all of that is nice and good. But what does that have to do with the fact that SBP is stronger than Odin/faster/and has NO NO NO weakness to magic. What is Odin going to do to Superboy prime?

Because really strength matters to a being that fights a foe that crushed a galaxy to forge a sword. A being that touched Hela was not only unaffected but was actually hurting her. The very same being who's mere touch aged Thor to near death.

What does speed and strength mean to some who fights on multiple planes of existence against his enemy?

So what if he has no weakness to magic? That's like saying the Quasar has no weakness to magic and so Odin couldn't kill him. All of Odin's enemies aren't weak to magic either, in fact they're sufficient magic wielders themselves. It's not magic that gives Odin an edge over his enemies, it's that he's that damn powerful. Thor is magical but that never stops him from beating up Surfer, Gladiator, Hulk, Namor, and every others who does not have a weakness to magic.

Surfer is faster than Odin, Mangog is stronger than Odin. But Odin beat them both with gestures.

Jesse7
Odin will take out SBP out so fast, he would still think that he was on earth prime. Odin feats>>>>>>>> SBP.

And if you want to use a one time low feat as an example against SBP, then I guess I'll use one against Odin.

Odin once moved the moon and it completely taxed him of all his strength and power, SBP was pulling Solar systems, by that Logic SBP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin in feats.

To be on a more serious note, SBP does > Odin in feats.

nvrbeenwthagirl

now back it up. how is Oding going to beat a being stronger than anything ever seen in comics? Faster than multiple flashes. able to beat the entire gl corpse. What can odin do? i want to hear your theory. Remember magic doesn't work on superboy prime. So odin woudl have to use physical strength. Is odin going to be able to outpunch a being who can change time limes with a single punch? SbP would punch odin and change his time line so that he ended up a rock troll.

Jesse7
Because really strength matters to a being that fights beings who crushed a galaxy to forge a sword. Or a being that touched Hela was not only unaffected but was actually hurting her. The very same being who's mere touch aged Thor to near death.

What does speed and strength mean to some who fights on multiple planes of existence against his enemy?

So what if he has no weakness to magic? That's like saying the Quasar has no weakness to magic and so Odin couldn't kill him. All of Odin's enemies aren't weak to magic either, in fact they're sufficient magic wielders themselves. It's not magic that gives Odin an edge over his enemies, it's that he's that damn powerful. Thor is magical but that never stops him from beating up Surfer, Gladiator, Hulk, Namor, and every others who does not have a weakness to magic.

Surfer is faster than Odin, Mangog is stronger than Odin. But Odin beat them both with gestures.

To bad Quasar and Surfer are bad examples to compare SBP with, seeing AS SBP soloed DC earth, simulatanious speed blitzed multiple Flashes, soloed the Entire GL corps and killed Pre Crsis Superman.

Lets add another notch onto his feat list, as for ODins galaxy crushing powers, SBP surpasses them in power, SBP overcame and broke out of the speed force, the speed force>>>>>>>Odin and Odin Force. Secondly SBP overcame and broke out of the Phantom Zone, the phantom zone>>>>>>Odin and the Odin force as well as the Phantom Zone houses beings much more powerful then Odin and abstract level.

SBP also has the power to alter time, continuity, newgods, skyfathers, superman, abstracts, and the entire DC megeaverse( though DC doesn't call it a megaverse) by punching.

SBP surpasses Odin in feats, not only is SBP stronger, faster, tougher, but he also has powers that far surpass any of Odins feats, o you want to bring up his one high feat of when he caused ripples in the marvel multiverse? SBP changed the entire DC megaverse by punching, he was responsible for Paralax, Superman Blue, etc. etc.

SBP 8/10 over Odin

rotiart
To bad Quasar and Surfer are bad examples to compare SBP with, seeing AS SBP soloed DC earth, simulatanious speed blitzed multiple Flashes, soloed the Entire GL corps and killed Pre Crsis Superman.

Lets add another notch onto his feat list, as for ODins galaxy crushing powers, SBP surpasses them in power, SBP overcame and broke out of the speed force, the speed force>>>>>>>Odin and Odin Force. Secondly SBP overcame and broke out of the Phantom Zone, the phantom zone>>>>>>Odin and the Odin force as well as the Phantom Zone houses beings much more powerful then Odin and abstract level.

SBP also has the power to alter time, continuity, newgods, skyfathers, superman, abstracts, and the entire DC megeaverse( though DC doesn't call it a megaverse) by punching.

SBP surpasses Odin in feats, not only is SBP stronger, faster, tougher, but he also has powers that far surpass any of Odins feats, o you want to bring up his one high feat of when he caused ripples in the marvel multiverse? SBP changed the entire DC megaverse by punching, he was responsible for Paralax, Superman Blue, etc. etc.

SBP 8/10 over Odin

Don't both the Phantom Zone and speed force have "access points" well if they do, you break down that "door/wall" and you get out. He alterned time? newgods? skyfathers? SAY WHAT?! He was the reason there was parallax?!?

my head hurts.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by rotiart
Don't both the Phantom Zone and speed force have "access points" well if they do, you break down that "door/wall" and you get out. He alterned time? newgods? skyfathers? SAY WHAT?! He was the reason there was parallax?!?

my head hurts.

I dont' know about all of that stuff. I do know that he shattered time and reality and cuased a bunch of stuff to happen that wasn't supposed to. I gotta do some digging to confirm the parallax thing. But I think i read somewhere on the dc boards that he was indirectly responsible.

Jesse7
Originally posted by rotiart

my head hurts.

Dc stated that SBP was responsible for Superman Blue, Paralax, etc. etc. all their retconning basically and lose ends was explained to be all because of SBP, by simply punching on the source wall (and this was when SBP was in a depowered state, no yellow sun light)

P.S. another fun fact about SBP, he doesnt need yellow sun light to be powered up, but with yellow sun light he instantly (yes instantly he doesn't need to soak up) becomes strengthened.

P.S. yes he can sun dip but never has shown to...yet.

P.S.S. SBP is also immune to kryptonite, Magic, and Red sun light radiation, the only ONE pis time he was affected by red sun light radiation was in IC 7 when he flew through a red sun after soloing the entire GL corps and then killing PC Supes when he temporarily and instantly lost all his powers.

the Darkone
my head hurts too after reading all this bullsh**.

Damn I need a advil.

nvrbeenwthagirl
my head hurts too after reading all this bullsh**.

Damn I need a advil.

Sucks when a character you don't like is so powerful doesn't. Well I feel the same way every time I turn around and someone on these boards makes like every single marvel cosmic is the shit and DC doesn't stand a chance. i bet I could make a Mr. Mxy vs Dr. Strange thread, and some people would argue tooth and nail for Dr. Strange.

WhiteWitchKing

O and Odin may be back, but point being is that he was KILLED by sutur and thats cannon undisputable, want to know what else is cannon? The Marvel/DC xover where WW (Diana) and two others defeated Surtur, this may mean nothing but if WW and two others>Surtur who>Odin, and SBP far surpasses WW, then yeah I think SBP completely curbstomps Odin here.

Yes I know A>b>C>A isn't popular here but its not for the argument its to demonstrate that Odin going by whats shown in comics and not speculation, is much weaker then your hyping him to be.

A severly weakened Odin kicked Annihilus' beat with a gesture, who was beating up on Thor. Superman barely won against Thor and was bloodied unlike Annihilus.

Weak Odin gestures > Annihilius > Superman/Thor

Strong Odin shakes the multiverse against Seth, destroyed galaxies, ignited stars, and then killed said death god
Shakes universe against Infinity, a being casually crushed planets in it's hand
Nearly killed Hela by grabbing her hand, another death god
Revived the billions of people that died and consisted of Mangog with a gesture

nvrbeenwthagirl
A severly weakened Odin kicked Annihilus' beat with a gesture, who was beating up on Thor. Superman barely won against Thor and was bloodied unlike Annihilus.

Strong Odin shakes the multiverse against Seth, destroyed galaxies, ignited stars, and then killed said death god

All of this is good. but it doesn't equate to him beating SBP.

Jesse7

A strong Odin also was killed by surtur, who Surtur was beaten by Wonderwoman and two others in a CANNON DC/Marvel Crossover, secondly Odins feat of shaking the multiverse, he DIDN'T cause mass changes as changing abstracts, new gods, Eternities, actually I dont even think it said shake, I think it was more like and the might of Odin's power sent ripples throughout all the multiverse, or that the energy combined might from there battle sent ripples outward, by the way this was when he was fighting (I don't know the name).

Your comparing Ripples with SBP (well in a depowered state) caused MASSIVE changes in all of DC by merely punching on the source wall?

SBP beats ODin straight out in Feats, SBP caused Superman Blue, Parallax, Etc. etc. as stated by DC.

You say Odin killed Seth, yet SBP fought and killed PRE-CRISIS superman, are you seriously comparing Seth with PC Supes? Need I find scans to post here of PC-Supes at MULTIVERSAL leve as in traveling countless universes at trillions of times the speed of light in under a second? Or destroying universes and realities by vibrating his molecules?

SBP also soloed the entire GL Corps, Hal and Alan included, he also soloed all of DC earth, as well as breaking out of the Speed force and Phantom Zone.

You mention Odin being able to touch death and infinity, yet SBP trumps this with the following examples.

The Speedforce does not have doors or enter or exit points, when a speedster enters the speedforce he is permanently trapped there and assimilated into the speed force, the only speedster to ever survive and return from the speed force is wally west. This is why the speedsters took SBp to the Speedforce to trap and destroy him, but SBP overcame and defeated a megaversal level power, the speedforce (as in broke out of it and returned stronger then ever), he also did this to the phantom zone which is a prison for beings of all the sort, including abstract level, skyfather, etc.

the Darkone
blink you out of existences does.

When Thor became King Thor, he never knew how powerful the odin force was. He was skocked to find out that his father was so powerful with the Odin force he could have blinked Hela, Sutur,Ymir, Mangog out of exitences but he choosen not too.

Jesse7

When Thor became King Thor, he never knew how powerful the odin force was. He was skocked to find out that his father was so powerful with the Odin force he could have blinked Hela, Sutur,Ymir, Mangog out of exitences but he choosen not too.

Uh now your reaching here, your going to RKT for examples who was more powerful then Odin, and secondly going by feats, SBP beats RKT, why? Because SBP is immune to magic, want to know how RKT gestured Mangog away, it was likely by magic since thats what the Odin force is in essence.

And SBP has the power, speed, and durability to kill and retcon RKT, why? Because he was retconning all of DC with his punches in a depowered state as stated by DC.

WhiteWitchKing

Each in seperate fights. Flash has what on Odin? DC Earth? You make it sound as if he fought Phantom Stranger. None of those heroes are comparable to Odin. Soloed the Entire GL? Wow. I should be really impressed since skyfathers wouldn't be able to do that and faster. Your best GL's are few and they're around Annihilus, Thor, Surfer, or Bill level. And Odin beats these guys like tissue paper.

What makes you say the Speed Force is greater than the Odin Force? Did I miss a feat where Flash destroyed a galaxy using the Speed Force? SBP needs his sunny D is going to survive the guy that crashes galaxy under his own might.

Where did you get this? The Phatom Zone is greater than the Odin Force? Which being are you refering to that's greater than Odin?

So your trying to say that was his power? Why didn't he retcon the current Earth out of existence and replace it with Earth Prime using his power. Or retcon his need for yellow sun energy? He didn't even retcon Superboy during his fight.

Yeah and was that punch killing Superboy, Superman, or Superman (Kal-L) instantly? Was it K.O.ing them instantly? Nope.

DC needed a plot device to explain things in their continuity. SBP's punches still aren't that powerful multiverse, universal, or even galaxy in strength. And unlike SBP, Odin has destroyed galaxies in several of his fights. The guy fights head gods, demons, and hell lords all the time. That's mainly his enemy and peers.

the Darkone
Now SBP can beat Molecule Man, I can see it coming.

the Darkone
Each in seperate fights. Flash has what on Odin? DC Earth? You make it sound as if he fought Phantom Stranger. None of those heroes are comparable to Odin. Soloed the Entire GL? Wow. I should be really impressed since skyfathers wouldn't be able to do that and faster. Your best GL's are few and they're around Annihilus, Thor, Surfer, or Bill level. And Odin beats these guys like tissue paper.

What makes you say the Speed Force is greater than the Odin Force? Did I miss a feat where Flash destroyed a galaxy using the Speed Force? SBP needs his sunny D is going to survive the guy that crashes galaxy under his own might.

Where did you get this? The Phatom Zone is greater than the Odin Force? Which being are you refering to that's greater than Odin?

So your trying to say that was his power? Why didn't he retcon the current Earth out of existence and replace it with Earth Prime using his power. Or retcon his need for yellow sun energy? He didn't even retcon Superboy during his fight.

Yeah and was that punch killing Superboy, Superman, or Superman (Kal-L) instantly? Was it K.O.ing them instantly? Nope.

DC needed a plot device to explain things in their continuity. SBP's punches still aren't that powerful multiverse, universal, or even galaxy in strength. And unlike SBP, Odin has destroyed galaxies in several of his fights. The guy fights head gods, demons, and hell lords all the time. That's mainly his enemy and peers.

thumb up

Jesse7

It seems like neither one of us is going to convince the other, so I'm not going to argue at the momment, you honestly think the Odin force is equal or greater to the speed force? Regardless of answer that is your thought, but anyway lets end this on a friendly note and agree to disagree big grin

WhiteWitchKing

WhiteWitchKing
It seems like neither one of us is going to convince the other, so I'm not going to argue at the momment, you honestly think the Odin force is equal or greater to the speed force? Regardless of answer that is your thought, but anyway lets end this on a friendly note and agree to disagree big grin

Agreed.
drunk

cheap cabbage
I hope ur kidding right? First off, SBP was beating the shit out of BOTH superman. Precrisis and POst crisis. And then he lost his powers. He was nothign then but a teenage boy fighting two grown men. please don't act like they were all fully powered at the end of that fight. None of them had thier powers. that is one reason why Superman had to leave the jla for a year. he had no powers. Hence "52". A world without superman, batman and wonder woman.

SBP wasn't beating the shit out of pre-crisis superman. He was beating the shit out of post-crisis and earth-2 superman. The old superman doesn't have PC power levels. PC superman is the current superman but w/o the god-powers b/c of john bryne's depowering after the crisis.

But with that said, SBP would indeed ram a couple planets down odin's throat. Odin's magic won't affect SBP to any great extent. To him it'd be like getting hit with any old energy blast/lighting bolt...etc Odin can't generate the power levels needed to hurt someone with a PC power set. That leaves odin with hand to hand. He's defintely the better fighter, but that matters very little with you fight someone who has FTL speed and tosses planets. Odin loses, but not without a good fight.

Juntai
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
SBP wasn't beating the shit out of pre-crisis superman. He was beating the shit out of post-crisis and earth-2 superman. The old superman doesn't have PC power levels. PC superman is the current superman but w/o the god-powers b/c of john bryne's depowering after the crisis. Current Supes is pretty much back to that phase already. I take it you don't read a lot of Supes? At times, he's up with Pre-Crisis' big feats.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Juntai
Current Supes is pretty much back to that phase already. I take it you don't read a lot of Supes? At times, he's up with Pre-Crisis' big feats.

I've been trying to keep up, but I haven't read much supes after IC. I know he's got that new brain thing now the got his powers back. But as far as ridiculous feats, the only thing in the "planet tossing" catagory is him moving warworld and he was sundipped at the time. He beat the pisss out of current darkseid, but PC supes could do that with his tongue. I saw the holding a black hole thing, but that's just weird. Current supes is definetly greatly powered up from the 90s, but he isn't tossing planets casually. Current supes still has to exert lots of effort for his feats today.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I've been trying to keep up, but I haven't read much supes after IC. I know he's got that new brain thing now the got his powers back. But as far as ridiculous feats, the only thing in the "planet tossing" catagory is him moving warworld and he was sundipped at the time. He beat the pisss out of current darkseid, but PC supes could do that with his tongue. I saw the holding a black hole thing, but that's just weird. Current supes is definetly greatly powered up from the 90s, but he isn't tossing planets casually. Current supes still has to exert lots of effort for his feats today.

Superman can never defeat Darksied. He has only defeated avatars. And the true Darksied would be like a Giant to Superman. More than a Giant if they can hold the world in the palm of thier hands.

cheap cabbage
Superman can never defeat Darksied. He has only defeated avatars. And the true Darksied would be like a Giant to Superman. More than a Giant if they can hold the world in the palm of thier hands.

I'll conced that superman has probably never actually faced DS, but as far as I know DS (avatar or not) is still stuck in the source wall. So until the "real" darkseid shows up, we must assume that superman did indeed beat the piss out of darkseid. While the fight shouldn't have been won so easily, i don't think it's impossible for supes to take down darkseid (at least h2h). if darkseid went all out with his omega beams, then supes is gone. But going punch for punch with a pissed off superman (next to the sun), is just asking for an asswhooping.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'll conced that superman has probably never actually faced DS, but as far as I know DS (avatar or not) is still stuck in the source wall. So until the "real" darkseid shows up, we must assume that superman did indeed beat the piss out of darkseid. While the fight shouldn't have been won so easily, i don't think it's impossible for supes to take down darkseid (at least h2h). if darkseid went all out with his omega beams, then supes is gone. But going punch for punch with a pissed off superman (next to the sun), is just asking for an asswhooping.

If we go by feats, Darksied would still be stronger than Superman. Becuz there is no such thing as pre and post crisis Darksied. And Pre crisis Superman was beaten so many times by Darksied. Post crisis Supers has nothing on Pre crisis Supers. So Darksied would dreme supers. Plus Darksied is stronger than Orion and Orion is stronger than Superman. And Superman can extert all of his stored solar energy when he fights hard. Orion and Darksied have been known to battle of weeks on end without tiring.

cheap cabbage
If we go by feats, Darksied would still be stronger than Superman. Becuz there is no such thing as pre and post crisis Darksied. And Pre crisis Superman was beaten so many times by Darksied. Post crisis Supers has nothing on Pre crisis Supers. So Darksied would dreme supers. Plus Darksied is stronger than Orion and Orion is stronger than Superman. And Superman can extert all of his stored solar energy when he fights hard. Orion and Darksied have been known to battle of weeks on end without tiring.

Post crisis darkseid has to exist on some level. If anything, his powers had to have decreased. PC Darksied is basically galactus (kirby said so himself). Imperix is also basically galatus. But darkseid was genuinly in fear of him and had to work together with earth to get rid of him. Logically, it means current darkseid is indeed weaker. Otherwise DS would have simply walked up to imperix and decked him in the face.

Thanos_THOTU
This is something a DC fan, whom never have seen a Marvel comic would say.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Post crisis darkseid has to exist on some level. If anything, his powers had to have decreased. PC Darksied is basically galactus (kirby said so himself). Imperix is also basically galatus. But darkseid was genuinly in fear of him and had to work together with earth to get rid of him. Logically, it means current darkseid is indeed weaker. Otherwise DS would have simply walked up to imperix and decked him in the face.

Many of DC's writers don't even know the history of the New Gods. They just right what they think they know. They dont' even know that if any new God were to show up in the mortal plane without a boom tube, they would cuase havok in that reality and be so big that they would be destroying things simply by being there.

I watch Pokemon
Close fight but I say SBP takes it.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
Close fight but I say SBP takes it.
Agreed.

leonidas
odin.

doesn't matter whether or not sbp has a 'vulnerability' to magic. lacking a specific weakness does not mean he is INVULNERABLE to it. he would still feel whatever odin did to him just like anyone else would, he just wouldn't be affected in any 'special' way. (and don't tell me it would 'tickle' sbp. cerce made BA her little ***** and cerce<<zeus with whom odin is at LEAST on par with). odin would not NEED sbp to be affected in a 'special way' by his power. for goodness sake, odin has the power to destroy GALAXIES.

and i have no idea why people keep saying sbp is stronger than odin. ONLY IF ODIN ALLOWED HIM TO BE. the odinforce could EASILY be used to amp his strength to basically whatever level odin wanted. odin's personal strength seemed at least a match for thanos's whose own strength seemed a match for wm thor WITH the power-gem! that puts them both at somewhere ABOVE 10x thor's strength!

of course, odin could just as easily use tp (after all, j'onnz was able to read his thoughts so he seems to be at least somewhat susceptible to tp assaults) or simply attack sbp astrally. and what good is 'planet-throwing' when all odin needs to do is teleport out of the way of whatever 'planet' is coming his way?

just because someone is a team wrecker, does NOT equate them to odin. i've never even read a compelling argument for sbp beating surfer, (and that was a LONG thread) let alone odin. and odin has one-shotted drax, thor and surfer. odin could instantly probe sbp's mind, find the red sun weakness, and create red solar radiation. then all he needs to do is port around, create shields until sbp is weakened then he's easy pickins. if he really wanted, and the threat was truly warranted, he could bring them both to asgard, gather the life-force of the other gods and amp his power even more.

sorry folks, it's gonna take more than someone who is really fast and really strong to beat odin. he's simply too versatile and too powerful.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
for goodness sake, odin has the power to destroy GALAXIES.

Does he really ?, because I think that is an enormous exhageration of his power. I doubt he even has the power to take out a Star.

and i have no idea why people keep saying sbp is stronger than odin. ONLY IF ODIN ALLOWED HIM TO BE. the odinforce could EASILY be used to amp his strength to basically whatever level odin wanted. odin's personal strength seemed at least a match for thanos's whose own strength seemed a match for wm thor WITH the power-gem! that puts them both at somewhere ABOVE 10x thor's strength!

I don't think this is the case either, I mean he's been shown to be inferior to other physical threats, i.e. Mangog and the Dark Gods. Both of which dont have Infinite strength.

Dont get me wrong I know that SBP looses, but you are exhagerating Odins power leo. Its not like you to do so. smile

Priest
nice argument leo

Superherovandal
actually he took a magic punch from Black Adam and said it tickles. that being said Odin should win. even though magic is no go. he's still stronger than Thor and could pummel him. but it won't be easy.

Priest
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Does he really ?, because I think that is an enormous exhageration of his power. I doubt he even has the power to take out a Star.

I don't think this is the case either, I mean he's been shown to be inferior to other physical threats, i.e. Mangog and the Dark Gods. Both of which dont have Infinite strength.

Dont get me wrong I know that SBP looses, but you are exhagerating Odins power leo. Its not like you to do so. smile

He was able to greater thanos in stregth...thanos was able to exchange blows with with warrior maddness thor. Why wouldent Odin be above WM thor's strength?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Priest
He was able to greater thanos in stregth...thanos was able to exchange blows with with warrior maddness thor. Why wouldent Odin be above WM thor's strength?

I think he is above Warrior Madness Thor strength, but that also IS NOT Infinite. IMO its just Thor not holding back, but thats debatable.

Superboy Prime
Did Odin outpunch Thanos? I don't remember seeing that in the Thanos respect thread. All I saw was Odin and Thanos blasting at each other and I don't believe that to be an accurate description of Odin's strength. However they may have gone at it hand to hand. If anyone has the scans please post them, I am curious.

Priest
the scan shows thanos's punching odin with no affects...but odin smackin thanos around with a punch, and thanos fallin back..which makes you belive that odin is stonger.

Priest
it does look like Odin amped him self up with magic for the fight, hence the magical glow around him.

Superboy Prime
I see. For some reason I thought back then they were just blasting each other with energy. Perhaps their blows are energy charged. On a side note that fight was sweet.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Superherovandal
actually he took a magic punch from Black Adam and said it tickles. that being said Odin should win. even though magic is no go. he's still stronger than Thor and could pummel him. but it won't be easy.

he was making fun of BA.

Avalonofthewind

Agreed. Hyperbole on BOTH ends of the debate.

Plus it's silly to say that SBP has no case vs Surfer. A guy that can physically move planets across the universe so fast that the populations don't even notice the shift and punches out of dimensions easily is much closer in match to Odin than to SS.

Hyperbole aside, I'm leaning more towards Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Plus it's silly to say that SBP has no case vs Surfer. A guy that can physically move planets across the universe so fast that the populations don't even notice the shift and punches out of dimensions easily is much closer in match to Odin than to SS.

If Odin can beat the entire DCU earth and the GL corps, then I'll side with Odin. at this point, odin's most powerful weapon, his magic, is useless against SBP. SO i have to go with SBP with this one.

leonidas

you know me better than to exaggerate, mon ami. wink

in the surtur/twilight arc, surtur himself destroyed a galaxy -- and yes, that was BEFORE he forged twilight. (yes scan's available, but i really don't feel like finding it. hopefully most will believe me . . .) later in a succeeding arc, odin actually proved capable of absorbing surtur's life-force.

odin>surtur

if odin can shake the multiverse with his power (vs seth) why wouldn't he have power to destroy a galaxy? even thor's hammer, which is powered by a fraction of the odinpower, has proven capable of absorbing the power of a celestial galaxy-destroying bomb.

the mangog arc you're referencing was a very old one. when mangog first appeared he WAS a skyfather level being with the combined power of BILLIONS of beings. beyond that, he was capable of continually amping his power by drawing on HATE as a source, much like odin could amp his own power. eventually, odin figured it out and simply made it impossible for mangog to continually amp himself. at that point odin demolished him. current versions of mangog DO NOT have him at his first-appearance levels.

as far as the dark gods -- zelia is ALSO a skyfather-level being (and, more importantly, an energy siphon) and the dark gods attacked and surprised the asgardians. not too hard to see why they could overcome asgard and odin for a short time. later, though (after odin regained the power they stole from him) odin again showed his superiority by defeating them.

and yahman, i never said anything about odin amping to infinity. i implied (based on his strength showing against thanos) that he should be pretty easily able to amp to prime's level if he chose. smile

when odin was first introduced, marvel made it pretty clear that he and galactus were the toughest kids on the block. in the new 'cosmic/over-powering' era of marvel, odin's power (and feats) often gets overlooked. he showed VERY poorly against the celestials, true, but he has many feats that stand as testament to how powerful he really is.

R.O.T. Yahman

I got the general Impression that Alex could have always beaten SBP, if he had wanted to. From feats shown from the Original Crisis, I see Surfer on the same level as Alex. But these guys are on power levels that Rival Type 2 civilisations (I.e. they can probably ignite stars / Destroy them when pushing themselves to the limits.) They aren't howver on Galactic destroying levels, unless they where destroying one star at a time. When you consider that King Thor fainted after remaking the Moon, suggesting that Odin has Galaxy destroying power is absurd (No offense Leo). Just consider how small the moon is compared to a galaxy. Its like an Atom to a Mountain in comparisson.

leonidas

hmm, i don't know about that av. there's no proof sbp is faster than ss, and what would keep ss from either messing with prime genetically, or simply using red solar rays from beating him? ss could just phase and attack with a tp version of a power cosmic blast -- he HAS done that before, successfully, against a very powerful race of psionic beings.

sbp appears to me to be the ultimate brick. strength unmatched at top tier, speed close to unmatched, invulnerability close to unmatched. basically, no one will outslug him, but beings with very high degrees of versatility AND power should be able to find ways to beat him.

ss would likely be the only top-tier hero i'd say who can beat prime, (and no, i am NOT saying ss would win 10/10, just that he is CAPABLE of beating prime based on his power-set) but i would like to have seen jonnz go fernus on his ass. wink

we'll know more as prime appears more, but i wonder if in his next appearances he'll be shown to be very far superior to superman?

UniOmni
odin.

doesn't matter whether or not sbp has a 'vulnerability' to magic. lacking a specific weakness does not mean he is INVULNERABLE to it. he would still feel whatever odin did to him just like anyone else would, he just wouldn't be affected in any 'special' way. (and don't tell me it would 'tickle' sbp. cerce made BA her little ***** and cerce<<zeus with whom odin is at LEAST on par with). odin would not NEED sbp to be affected in a 'special way' by his power. for goodness sake, odin has the power to destroy GALAXIES.

of course, odin could just as easily use tp (after all, j'onnz was able to read his thoughts so he seems to be at least somewhat susceptible to tp assaults) or simply attack sbp astrally. and what good is 'planet-throwing' when all odin needs to do is teleport out of the way of whatever 'planet' is coming his way?

just because someone is a team wrecker, does NOT equate them to odin. i've never even read a compelling argument for sbp beating surfer, (and that was a LONG thread) let alone odin. and odin has one-shotted drax, thor and surfer. odin could instantly probe sbp's mind, find the red sun weakness, and create red solar radiation. then all he needs to do is port around, create shields until sbp is weakened then he's easy pickins. if he really wanted, and the threat was truly warranted, he could bring them both to asgard, gather the life-force of the other gods and amp his power even more.

sorry folks, it's gonna take more than someone who is really fast and really strong to beat odin. he's simply too versatile and too powerful.

This has got to be the most well informed post in this thread by far!

SBP takes Black Adams charged punches to the face with no damage, and now he's immune to the magical might of Odin?!
GTFOH!
That has to be the worst equation i've ever seen!
There is no comparison between the magic fists of BA and Odin. None whatsoever.

That would be like me saying, that since DD took Bloodwynd's blows to no effect, that Superman shouldn't have been able to hurt him.
Even though we know that Superman is consistently the strongest leaguer and there's no comparison between his power and Bloodwynds.

Or the same stupid argument that DD can't be killed by energy blasts, since the Radiant killed him with one long ago.
But that didn't stop Imperiex from wasting his ass with one.

What a bad argument to stand on.

And for the record, Odin has destroyed galaxies twice.
Once in the sixties or seventies iirc, and then most recently, in the 80's. When the silver age was over. My timing may be a bit off here, so bear with me.

Some people said SBP had skyfather level feats?? Where?
When he moved planets with ease?? Impressive, but brute only.
When he moved fast enough to blitz the Flash's in a whirl?? Again, impressive, but a brute showing.
Brute showings mean nothing, when Odin has beings in his pantheon that could take on sbp and have a good chance at victory, albeit, when fighting together.
I refer to BRB and Thor.

Only on the internet could being really strong and fast make you skyfather level.
And yeah, i do think Odin could waste a vast amount of gl fodder, as they were used in IC.
Cosmic handninjas in their finest hour huh??

Odin takes this. Skyfather level my ass.

There's an anti-dc bias here at times?? With arguments like the ones above, can you blame people??
And the same goes for those who post blindly in Marvel's favor without knowing the DC character.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superboy prime does not have a weakness to magic. It's in his bio. He stated it as well. Him laughing off BA was not about BA's magic. It was about his invulnerability. If SBP was able to be stopped with magic, Fate or zatanna or the phantom stranger would have done it. He was killing the heroes of DC earth and maiming people and such. Magic won't get a win against sbp.

Soujaboy
Superboy prime does not have a weakness to magic. It's in his bio. He stated it as well. Him laughing off BA was not about BA's magic. It was about his invulnerability. If SBP was able to be stopped with magic, Fate or zatanna or the phantom stranger would have done it. He was killing the heroes of DC earth and maiming people and such. Magic won't get a win against sbp.

grasping for straws wink

R.O.T. Yahman
you know me better than to exaggerate, mon ami. wink

in the surtur/twilight arc, surtur himself destroyed a galaxy -- and yes, that was BEFORE he forged twilight. (yes scan's available, but i really don't feel like finding it. hopefully most will believe me . . .) later in a succeeding arc, odin actually proved capable of absorbing surtur's life-force.

odin>surtur

Thats a pretty old Comic as well Leo, but are you sure Sutur did it in one go, or did he do it in Majin Buu Esq fashion I.e. One Star at a time. The Disassembled version of Sutur didn't seem nearly as powerful and was killed by just normal Gods at Ragnarok (As most of the big players had been removed),

if odin can shake the multi verse with his power (vs seth) why wouldn't he have power to destroy a galaxy? even thor's hammer, which is powered by a fraction of the odinpower, has proven capable of absorbing the power of a celestial galaxy-destroying bomb.

Leo mate, i think you and I always see scans and in different lights. For example i saw that scan for 1st time the otrher day, and i was very Cynical about. Its just my nature as I'm a bit of a miserable Bastard. To be fare I can see how many could interpret it, as a multi verse shaking energy blast, but I'm not entirely convinced that was the writers intentions. (B.T.W. I'm not just saying this too win the argument, as I myself am not sure) I think the Author makes reference to it being reality Warping blast or something (Ill check it up). I think he meant that the fight was so powerful it was effecting earths dimension's as Asgard. I could be wrong though. And lets not forget Superman absorbing the Galaxy destroying power of Mahgeddon. Now i dont think Supes nearly has that power normally, but it did happen. I think its quite appropriate in this context.

and yahman, i never said anything about odin amping to infinity. i implied (based on his strength showing against thanos) that he should be pretty easily able to amp to prime's level if he chose. smile]

I totally agree smile
His energy source is far greater than that of Primes, and his physiology is just as adaptable. Odin, Thanos, Surfer and even Hal should all be stronger than Prime with bit of Determination, Will power and DBZ style power ups ....... 'AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH' smile

when odin was first introduced, marvel made it pretty clear that he and galactus were the toughest kids on the block. in the new 'cosmic/over-powering' era of marvel, odin's power (and feats) often gets overlooked. he showed VERY poorly against the celestials, true, but he has many feats that stand as testament to how powerful he really is.

I totally agree, the same applied to Darksied when he was introduced. But things have changed and the Hierarchy of power is different. And although there have been no official power downs, Odin is no longer depicted as powerful as he once was. The problem is they are both the same character, so what is the power level of the real Odin. I'm taking things from a modern perspective, but just as valid to look at things the way they where. big grin

UniOmni

What you don't seem to understand, is that even if he isn't weak to magic, that doesn't make him immune to it.
I will never understand how one can say someone's immune to magic.
Magic doesn't play by the rules, and by saying something is absolute, as in no weakness to magic, you are making a rule.
Which magic excells in breaking.

Magic is called magic, because you can't set a definition by it.

If the DCU in its barebones was created by magic, then Superboy or anybody else who's immune existing in it, should be impossible, since they are immune to it.
Like the unstoppable force, and the immoveable object can't really exist at the same time.
It breaks reality.

And if you read DOV, you'd know why no uber magicians stepped in.
When Spectre went crazy, he warped magic. He can't destroy it, but he did warp it into something different.
So them being able to help, isn't likely.
Since they'd have to get used to the new form of magic before they'd be of any use.

The fact that DC went out of its way, to remove all magical might from the equation, should tell you how magic is top dog over there, and with it in the picture, IC wouldn't have gotten off the ground.

Immune to magic my ass. Again.

doctorstrongbad
The All Father wins this battle. Odin over SBP 8/10 maybe 9/10. You don't get to be the leader of the Norse gods with out being super strong and having tons of experience.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
The All Father wins this battle. Odin over SBP 8/10 maybe 9/10. You don't get to be the leader of the Norse gods with out being super strong and having tons of experience.

Of course it helps if Odin just happen's to be a marvel character too.

UniOmni
Of course it helps if Odin just happen's to be a marvel character too.

Nah.
It helps if Odin is the strongest skyfather in either company, with only Izaya and Uxas coming close to match.

Darkseid would own sbp too, imo.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
Nah.
It helps if Odin is the strongest skyfather in either company, with only Izaya and Uxas coming close to match.

True Darksied would creme SBP. And Odin would loose his life very easily to Darksied. He certainly isn't the strongest Sky father of either company. Zeus from DC would easily match odin as well.

UniOmni
Odin would lose to Darkseid.
But its not cause he's less powerful.
Darkseid has a one hit kill that would take Odin.
But his feats outweigh Darkseid's, imo.

And Zeus, isn't that admirable, since his kids kick his ass, in both companies.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin would lose to Darkseid.
But its not cause he's less powerful.
Darkseid has a one hit kill that would take Odin.
But his feats outweigh Darkseid's, imo.

Not when you take into consideration that every thing darksied in precrisis, is still darksied. There is no such thing as pre and post crisi darksied. every loss darksied has suffered, was retconned into an avatar. also take into consideration that Darksied's true form is millions of times more powerful than the boom tubed version of himself.

UniOmni
Darkseid in his true form is a big bastard.
Thats nothing new.
But he still isn't more powerful than Odin, in that form.
Unless you think he'd punch Odin with those planet crushing hands?

All it would take, is another potent, galaxy busting shot.
And Darky would be dust, unless he uses the OE to shunt it somewhere.

PC Darkseid, was akin to Galactus.
But Odin, was always a rival in power to Galactus, until the fleshing out of Galan happened.

Now, he's way beyond both Darky and Odin.

GDS Darkseid, is probably the highest setting Darkseid has ever operated under.
And Odin still has comparable feats, and some better than that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Darkseid in his true form is a big bastard.
Thats nothing new.
But he still isn't more powerful than Odin, in that form.
Unless you think he'd punch Odin with those planet crushing hands?

All it would take, is another potent, galaxy busting shot.
And Darky would be dust, unless he uses the OE to shunt it somewhere.

PC Darkseid, was akin to Galactus.
But Odin, was always a rival in power to Galactus, until the fleshing out of Galan happened.

Now, he's way beyond both Darky and Odin.

GDS Darkseid, is probably the highest setting Darkseid has ever operated under.
And Odin still has comparable feats, and some better than that.
By the very nature of Darksied, he is more than Odin. Darksied is from a pantheon of beings who came before any of the pantheons that now exist. The very least of the New gods in true form, is more powerful than the mightiest of the sky fathers.

darthgoober
What is all this talk about SBP being immune to magic? I personally have so specific vulnerability to magic, but that hardly makes me immune. laughing out loud SBP's lack of a magic vulnerablity just means that Thor's magical lightnig wouldn't affect him any more than regular lightnig. That doesn't mean he is immune, it just means that magic doesn't cut through his defenses, the way it does standerd Supes. And seeing as how PC Supergirl was able to tear the Anti Moniters armor up with brute strength, I don't think Odin should have that much problem doing the same thing with SBP's armor(or SBP either for that matter). I see SBP impaled on Odins spear at the end of this battle barring a plot device on SBP's favor.

R.O.T. Yahman
Nah.

I think Takion is superior

Current Darksied would get owned.

UniOmni
By the very nature of Darksied, he is more than Odin. Darksied is from a pantheon of beings who came before any of the pantheons that now exist. The very least of the New gods in true form, is more powerful than the mightiest of the sky fathers.

Explain.
Cuz The New Gods are the way they are, due to their close proximity to the Source.
And are in some ways, the little brothers/sisters to the Promethian Giants.

And Darkseid and Odin's timelines can't be compared.
Since Odin predates him by a decade or so.
That may stand on DC's Odin, but not Marvels.

And Whirly, what feats does Takion have that make him superior in your eyes??
Cuz i can see that potential wise, he blows by him and Darky. But not going by shown feats.

And I gotta say, that as long as Darkseid has the one hit kill that is the OE, he owns the heroes.
Except Superman, who takes the blast like supersoaker water.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think Takion is superior

Current Darksied would get owned.

Darksied avatar would get owned.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Explain.
Cuz The New Gods are the way they are, due to their close proximity to the Source.
And are in some ways, the little brothers/sisters to the Promethian Giants.

And Darkseid and Odin's timelines can't be compared.
Since Odin predates him by a decade or so.
That may stand on DC's Odin, but not Marvels.

Cuz i can see that potential wise, he blows by him and Darky. But not going by shown feats.

Darksied and Galactus has the same creator. Darksied was made to be the equal of galactus. Odin is not Galactus's equal. If we are going by the very fact that all of darksied's defeats are reconned into avatars, and that pre crisi darksied is the same as today, then Darksied wins hands down.

UniOmni
Darksied and Galactus has the same creator. Darksied was made to be the equal of galactus. Odin is not Galactus's equal. If we are going by the very fact that all of darksied's defeats are reconned into avatars, and that pre crisi darksied is the same as today, then Darksied wins hands down.

True.
BUT, Galactus has risen in status and universal importance, while Darkseid has stagnated, if not fallen.
And when Kirby wrote both Galactus and Odin, they were consistently being compared to the other in power.
He saw them as peers.
But they aren't today, and neither are Darkseid and Galactus.

Odin has feats that are comparable to PC Darkseids.
And some that surpass his. And vice versa.

R.O.T. Yahman

And I gotta say, that as long as Darkseid has the one hit kill that is the OE, he owns the heroes.
Except Superman, who takes the blast like supersoaker water.

Not much but hes basically the Sources representative.

Whirly ??????

He's dead mate. sad

UniOmni
Not much but hes basically the Sources representative.

Whirly ??????

He's dead mate. sad

Whirly died??

I thought he was just banned??

darthgoober
Darkseid was made to be the equal of Galactus BEFORE we found out how powerful Galactus really is(just thought I'd point that out).

leonidas
Thats a pretty old Comic as well Leo, but are you sure Sutur did it in one go, or did he do it in Majin Buu Esq fashion I.e. One Star at a time. The Disassembled version of Sutur didn't seem nearly as powerful and was killed by just normal Gods at Ragnarok (As most of the big players had been removed),

one star at a time? blink mate, that would take, like . . . a long time . . .

at the start of the arc (337, i think?) surtur's seen shaping the sword twilight in the heart of a destroyed galaxy. odin later confirms that surtur destroyed that galaxy to create the sword.

i agree that it could be seen differently. in marvel the definition of a multiverse isn't even 100% certain. despite HOW you see it, the fact is his power was VERY far-reaching, and i think you'll at least agree with that sentiment. smile

laughing out loud

agreed. i was gonna say a strong gl should be able to deal with prime as well, but he did a pretty good number on a portion of the corps. doomsday did something similar though, i believe. i think if kyle fought prime 1on1 in kyle's book, it would be a pretty damn spectacular battle.

cool. i appreciate your ability to take a look at this from an alternate viewpoint. smile odin HAS had some questionable showings. prime's showing vs connor wasn't particularly stellar either. both sides can scream pis in their respective issues.

we may disagree slightly on the minutiae, but at least we can agree on the big picture: odin beats prime.

big grin

mighty adam
SBP takes this here, with Retcon punch, immunity to magic, kryptonite and red sun radiation (which contradicts why he was effected by it in ic 7), he has no weaknesses and is able to break dimensions as well as free himself from the speed force.

He also is able to speed blitz multiple speedsters/flashes smilutaniously, He was dragging around planets like toys, SBP takes this match.

SBP also soloed the entire GL corps simulataniously as well as breaking through the combined will power/constructs of the entire GL at once.

SBP 8/10 thanos would beat sbp by out smarting him drakseid would too and so will odin.

thanospimphand

When Thor became King Thor, he never knew how powerful the odin force was. He was skocked to find out that his father was so powerful with the Odin force he could have blinked Hela, Sutur,Ymir, Mangog out of exitences but he choosen not too. \

hahahaahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahaha so young

Avalonofthewind
True.
BUT, Galactus has risen in status and universal importance, while Darkseid has stagnated, if not fallen.
And when Kirby wrote both Galactus and Odin, they were consistently being compared to the other in power.
He saw them as peers.
But they aren't today, and neither are Darkseid and Galactus.

Odin has feats that are comparable to PC Darkseids.
And some that surpass his. And vice versa.

Galactus has not risen above Darkseid in universal importance...as a matter of fact...they are still pretty equal.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6922/spectre78fz.th.jpg

ctu_stylez
Classic Odin would own Kirby Darkseed. Current DS is a joke, getting bitchslapped by supes was classic, LOL!

MJOILNIR
Old feats should stand unless stated otherwise. Yes Odin hasnt been highlighted as the powerhouse he was early on. The fact also remains that he has never been stated to be weaker or having lost power. There is no reason to believe he is any less powerful. Its already been stated but Ill say it again. When Odin was first created he was clearly labeled as one of the big guns right up there with Galactus. Odin has some incredible feats that cant be ignored. I see no reason for SBP to beat him.

UniOmni
Galactus has not risen above Darkseid in universal importance...as a matter of fact...they are still pretty equal.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6922/spectre78fz.th.jpg

Oh i know he's important.
But he's not the third force of the universe.

leonidas
where's that scan from, avy?

UniOmni
where's that scan from, avy?

The era when Hal was the Spectre

leonidas
i'd love an issue number . . .

Jesse7

Actually by storyline he sort of is, first being the source, second being superman, third being Darkseid.

UniOmni
How are either forces of the universe, when they were born well after the universe was created??
That makes no sense.

Avalonofthewind

It's possible that he is. I can't find the scan right now, but when Darkseid "died" the universe was literally falling apart.

Soujaboy
Odin 10/10

R.O.T. Yahman
one star at a time? blink mate, that would take, like . . . a long time . . .

big grin

From what I've seen, Energy blast travel slower than the Speed of light therefore it would take just as long (If not longer, when you consider that Sutur can teleport almost instantaneously to each Star) to destroy the entire Galaxy with an Energy blast. On the other hand he may have just ****ed about with the 'probable Black hole' at the centre of the Galaxy, in question. Distorting that, would definitely wreck a Galaxy due to Gravity waves. If he has the power to play about with a Super Massive Black hole, then SBP has no chance. Or maybe the writer was just talking Shite ! Still counts though. sad

I watch Pokemon
A greater threat than the Anti-Monitor ever was? confused

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1589/scan00513zqdu9.th.jpg

leonidas
From what I've seen, Energy blast travel slower than the Speed of light therefore it would take just as long (If not longer, when you consider that Sutur can teleport almost instantaneously to each Star) to destroy the entire Galaxy with an Energy blast. On the other hand he may have just ****ed about with the 'probable Black hole' at the centre of the Galaxy, in question. Distorting that, would definitely wreck a Galaxy due to Gravity waves. If he has the power to play about with a Super Massive Black hole, then SBP has no chance. Or maybe the writer was just talking Shite ! Still counts though. sad

or maybe he just used . . . magic!

big grin

Skeets
i'd love an issue number . . .
Spectre V4 #19.
Odin wins in a curbstomp BTW.
SBP was not that great really.He beat some jobbing Green Lanterns and that's it.Bart was working him until SBP left iwth his tail between his legs.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Skeets
Spectre V4 #19.
SBP was not that great really.He beat some jobbing Green Lanterns and that's it.Bart was working him until SBP left iwth his tail between his legs.

If he'd come back with more Monitor esq powers i would have been far more impressed. I think Goeff Johns was trying to emulate kid Miracle, from Miracle man, but i maybe wrong.

leonidas
Spectre V4 #19.

merci. wink

Accel
Spectre V4 #19.
Ditto.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by ctu_stylez
Classic Odin would own Kirby Darkseed. Current DS is a joke, getting bitchslapped by supes was classic, LOL!

No he wouldn't at all. this was the Darkseid not seed who controlled billions of pc superman superiors with his mind. moved a planet with a mere thought, turned a at least SS level entity into a baby with a thought. and slapped around the JL with no trouble at all. Odin wouldn't own him. and he'd be hardpressed to even match him. He was a normal Galactus level entity

I watch Pokemon
Spectre V4 #19.
He did more than that. confused

Took out everyone who was at the watchtower.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6072/ic29a304geuu7.th.gif

Escaped from the Speed force with all the speedsters there trying to stop him.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/407/scan00335fmmy1.th.jpg

Punched his way out of the Phantom Zone.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9950/prime31afna5.th.jpg

Altered reality.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5194/page000071xret3.th.jpg

Skeets
He did more than that. confused

Took out everyone who was at the watchtower.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6072/ic29a304geuu7.th.gif

Escaped from the Speed force with all the speedsters there trying to stop him.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/407/scan00335fmmy1.th.jpg

Punched his way out of the Phantom Zone.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9950/prime31afna5.th.jpg

Altered reality.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5194/page000071xret3.th.jpg
He did all that by punching.You would need more then a good right hook to be much of a threat to Odin.Bart was gonna lay him out until prime ran like a girl.

Odin shits on him,even though he has an "S" shield.

Validus
Go Skeets, go!

leonidas
He did all that by punching.You would need more then a good right hook to be much of a threat to Odin.Bart was gonna lay him out until prime ran like a girl.

someone turned the beast loose!!

shock

preach brutha!!

I watch Pokemon

Bart only landed like 2 punches on the guy, SBP left because he wanted to fly through the center of the Universe.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9168/scan00117lcuh2.th.jpg

aliveinboston
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Old feats should stand unless stated otherwise. Yes Odin hasnt been highlighted as the powerhouse he was early on. The fact also remains that he has never been stated to be weaker or having lost power. There is no reason to believe he is any less powerful. Its already been stated but Ill say it again. When Odin was first created he was clearly labeled as one of the big guns right up there with Galactus. Odin has some incredible feats that cant be ignored. I see no reason for SBP to beat him.

It was quite clear in Stan Lee's mind, according to Stan Lee, that Thor, being a God, should be able to beat Galactus on his own power. While I dont recall Stan Lee saying he that he also believed that Odin should, in turn, be able to beat Thor under his own power, I think it's a fair assumption.

Skeets
Bart only landed like 2 punches on the guy, SBP left because he wanted to fly through the center of the Universe.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9168/scan00117lcuh2.th.jpg

Did you not see the blood?Flash Phobia?.What do you think Bart meant by "Flash Phobia"?.SBP didn't just tell him to stay away he called him by his name,sounds like fear to me.If bart wasn't a threat why didn't Pime punch Bart's head off like the rest of the street levelers Prime killed?

Validus
Did you not see the blood?Flash Phobia?.What do you think Bart meant by "Flash Phobia"?.SBP didn't just tell him to stay away he called him by his name,sounds like fear to me.If bart wasn't a threat why didn't Pime punch Bart's head off like the rest of the street levelers Prime killed?
Going to agree with Skeets on this one. Chances are Superboy Emo knew what Bart's power level was and as crazy powerful as SBP was portrayed (read: PIS), he doesn't want to mess with the full might of the Speed Force. Nobody would for that matter.

leonidas
superboy emo?

blink

laughing

UniOmni
Originally posted by Superherovandal
No he wouldn't at all. this was the Darkseid not seed who controlled billions of pc superman superiors with his mind. moved a planet with a mere thought, turned a at least SS level entity into a baby with a thought. and slapped around the JL with no trouble at all. Odin wouldn't own him. and he'd be hardpressed to even match him. He was a normal Galactus level entity

As was Odin when he first debuted.

The only reason why i'd say Odin might lose to Darkseid, is because he has an unblockable one hit sure kill.
Barring that, i'd say Odin wins the clearcut majority.

And Sbp was shitting bricks at the site of Flash.

"Stay away from me Bartscaredbawling!!"

Greatest panel in the whole event, imo.

I watch Pokemon
Who knows what all the speedsters did to SBP, he was trapped with them for years and under a red sun. In the end though, none of them could stop him from getting out.

Avalonofthewind
That anti monitor armor was the biggest dissapointment ever.

I expected SBP to come out and Heat Vision a galaxy away or destroy countless alternate earths by just clapping his hands.

What did we get? "Get away from me Bart" and the armor gets destroyed effortlessly a few pages later.

Bah!

Who knows what all the speedsters did to SBP, he was trapped with them for years and under a red sun. In the end though, none of them could stop him from getting out.

He did well enough taking the flashes out. Bart had to use the "last" of the speedforce because the rest of them couldn't run anymore. Apparently years in the red sun also affected SBP to the point where he came back MUCH weaker than he went in. The armor seemed to be increasing his power exponentially since he went from having problems with Superboy to trashing the corps in a couple of pages. He never got back to full power since he put through the red sun by the Supes twins.

All in all I give this to Odin, you don't get to be the king of the gods by letting even the most powerful 16 year olds beat you.

Nogoodnamesleft

Uhuhuhuh, huhuhuh, Odin's cool, huhuhuh...

Nogoodnamesleft
I should also note that Surtur losing to Wonder Woman is some serious bullcrap. If Surtur destroyed a galaxy in forging his sword, and also destroyed a galaxy in his battle with Odin, then Wonder Woman is bacteria. Yes, it's indisputable that she beat him. It's just that it's also indisputable that it was utter bullcrap.

Colossus-Big C
odin cant hurt him

carver9
Odin stomps.

carver9
Originally posted by Rorschach

Rorschach... where are you buddy?

Great debator... one of the best on KMC.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
odin cant hurt him

Yes Odin, can prove that Odin can't hurt him!

Harbinger
Odin wins. As strong as SBP is, even he has limits.

quanchi112
odin cant hurt him Why can'[t he hurt him ?

Colossus-Big C
he immune to magic even skyfathers like nabu cant hurt him

quanchi112
he immune to magic even skyfathers like nabu cant hurt him Since when ? A few blasts here and there don't prove 100 percent immunity. I bet if Odin decides to create a red sun that'd sure effect Prime anyways. Magic isn't a weakness and he's highly resistant to it but Odin's powers aren't 100 percent magical anyways.

Colossus-Big C
if odin created a red sun it wouldnt work on him since odin isnt from superboys universe, a few blast that had zero effect
superboy was very durable

quanchi112
if odin created a red sun it wouldnt work on him since odin isnt from superboys universe, a few blast that had zero effect
superboy was very durable Hahahaha, red suns from ne's universe worked on him it's just k-nite. Wow. Superboy has scarred him for life, caused him to bleed, as has Krypto. It's Prime's damage soak which makes him impressive but Odin's just too powerful.

wildernesss
odin stomps spb into oblivion via molecular manipulation & illusions.

Colossus-Big C
how is odin going to even touch him?

wildernesss
he doesn't need to touch him to use molecular manipulation or drive him insane via illusions & TP.

Colossus-Big C
Superboy Prime can easily outrun his powers

carver9

No he can't.

quanchi112
Superboy Prime can easily outrun his powers Have you read any fights of Prime's ?

zeel

you cant outrun what you cant see. ODIN>prime other then the fact that prime is immune to magic.....basically prime is

A dried turd. nothing special.

SasuOna
Originally posted by wildernesss
he doesn't need to touch him to use molecular manipulation or drive him insane via illusions & TP.

He does this before he gets his head ripped off?
No
Okay then SBP takes this

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hahahaha, red suns from ne's universe worked on him it's just k-nite. Wow. Superboy has scarred him for life, caused him to bleed, as has Krypto. It's Prime's damage soak which makes him impressive but Odin's just too powerful.

So Krypto caused him to bleed...he is a Kryptonian dog. Why wouldn't he cause him to bleed? If you get bitten by a earth dog wouldn't you bleed? confused

Anyway SBP beats Odin.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>