Sue Storm vs. Betsy Braddock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
Current Invisible Woman Vs. Current Betsy Braddock.

I'm of the persuasion that IW wins this, but most people seem to be arguing against me saying Psylocke takes it.

Sues goes skill, psionic manipulation of force fields, invisibile.. and force "bolts" etc...

To me Psylocke is a powerhouse without skill in comparison. What does everyone know that I dont?

Sorry I'm not the biggest Xmen fan anymore, so I not exactly caught up on all the things of Psylocke. I know she cna fly, knock down buildings, held Rachel create a forcefield that shielded a whole city. But what one on one fights has she done against a persom like Sue?

xmarksthespot
Psylocke wins. TK in itself is faster. Additionally she's ninja and thus has faster reflexes.

rotiart
Yah, but she really has no true skill with her new 2x tk as of right now... just brute power...

as far as a ninja goes... how does that break sue storms force fields.

xmarksthespot
I don't need to be skilled to drive a car into someone. No prep, Sue doesn't start with a forcefield and she's KTFO before she can do anything.

rotiart
why can't the same be true?

Metalmanx
Wait wait wait.

I meant to bring this up earlier, but...When did Betsy become unskilled with her TK?

She's had TK ever since she was first introduced. It's just fluxuated between that and her TP for the main power. She's had PLENTY of experience with it. Why is it all of a sudden that Betsy has no skill or experience with her TK? She can be just as precise as IW.

Anyway. Betsy wins this again.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by rotiart
why can't the same be true? TK in itself is faster. Additionally she's ninja and thus has faster reflexes.

Grimm22
If Psylocke trys to beat Sue without using TK, then she gets owned withen seconds yes

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Grimm22
If Psylocke trys to beat Sue without using TK, then she gets owned withen seconds yes Who cares? The point is she has TK and thus wins.

rotiart
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
TK in itself is faster. Additionally she's ninja and thus has faster reflexes.

as a ninja.. yes.. her physical skills are great, i don't argue that, but their powersets are "similar" are their any comic books i'm not thinking of? respect page of current psylocke or scans?

i guess i just don't see this supposed "difference" due to psionic and telekinetic.

i can see if we referred to storm, but i can't see a difference comparing sue to betsy.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
If Psylocke trys to beat Sue without using TK, then she gets owned withen seconds yes

...Why would she even try that? That's like Flash attempting to beat Zoom without his using his super-speed. Or Hulk trying to defeat Juggernaut without his super-strength.

Betsy has TK. She'll use its superior abilities to defeat IW

I know you're agreeing with me overall, but just saying.

rotiart
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Who cares? The point is she has TK and thus wins.

Please, I actually really want to know. What is it I'm missing. Who did she fight that made her so respectable?

xmarksthespot
Please, I actually really want to know. What is it I'm missing. Who did she fight that made her so respectable? If I was Wynndar I'd prattle on about how many times Sue had pwned Galactus. I'm not. Captain America doesn't stand a chance in hell against Psylocke, I don't give a tiny rat's ass if he can fight Korvac or Hulk or Absorbing Man in a comic.

Both have the means for instant KO. Psylocke is a ninja and has better reflexes and telekinesis in itself is faster. Therefore she wins.

rotiart
you don't undestand my arguement. I just want to know why other than the fact that "shes a ninja" means she wins.

xmarksthespot
you don't undestand my arguement. I just want to know why other than the fact that "shes a ninja" means she wins. There isn't an argument to be had as far as I'm concerned. TK in itself is faster, Psylocke is faster.

rotiart
Shrug. You are welcome to your opinion. I'll believe it when its proven.

xmarksthespot
Shrug. You are welcome to your opinion. I'll believe it when its proven. And I'll believe Wolverine can fly until it isn't. eek!

rotiart
You Wolverine fanboys are outrageous.
wink

grey fox
Hw is Tk instinctively faster then sues powers ? Their both activated by thought.

xmarksthespot
Direct mental manipulation of the physical world is logically faster than creation of specified physical construct and manipulation of physical world with said construct. Similarly faster than Sue's powers are reality warping and telepathy.

Example: Lift a pen.

Telekinesis:
'lift pen'

Sue:
'create forcefield of specific size, shape, density etc'
'move forcefield to lift pen'

That, and Psylocke is ninja

grey fox
Aha , but heres the thing.

Psylocke - Run towards sue , amp up strength with Telekinesis , punch sue / Create Tk sword , Attack with TK Sword

Sue - Forcefield in head , BOOM

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by grey fox
Aha , but heres the thing.

Psylocke - Run towards sue , amp up strength with Telekinesis , punch sue / Create Tk sword , Attack with TK Sword

Sue - Forcefield in head , BOOM If Psylocke fights like a moron sure...

But then under the same premise Wolverine beats her too.

lilnutta12
it doesnt matter if sue has her force field up - psylocke goes astral - takes her down from her mind.

even if that dont wok - IW isnt fast enough to psylockes TK

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by lilnutta12
it doesnt matter if sue has her force field up - psylocke goes astral - takes her down from her mind.

even if that dont wok - IW isnt fast enough to psylockes TK

Psylocke doesn't have her telepathic powers anymore. But yeah the whole TK is faster thing works for me...

guy222
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Psylocke doesn't have her telepathic powers anymore. But yeah the whole TK is faster thing works for me...

Betsy FTW

Godzillafanboy
Betsy Braddock would smash Susan Storm!

pym-ftw
In the land of realism, Sue wins solidly.

Stoic
Originally posted by guy222
Betsy FTW

Do you recall when Sue beat Jean's TK? Sue takes this as far as I'm concerned.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Do you recall when Sue beat Jean's TK? Sue takes this as far as I'm concerned.
There were stips to that.

Jean had just woken up form a YEARS long coma. She was dazed and confused.

In the rematch, a few years later. A bloodlusted Sue couldn't take down Jean. Sue had been transformed into a "hound" and was ordered by Ahab to basically kill all who opposed him. Jean even mentioned that Sue and Scott (also transformed into a hound) were out for blood yet, Jean and crew dared not harm either of them. Jean's TK was MORE than handling Sue's FF.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_tYiCGgNLJ8c/RvkmWJD4PrI/AAAAAAAACak/JIxbfhkpypI/s1600/fight0156-c.jpg
http://secretearths.blogspot.com/2007/09/fantastic-fourx-menx-factornew-mutants.html

"Id"
Betsy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.