Witchblade/Darkness .. what are the odds?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dinkus Mayhem
I don't know much about either of these characters, though I have a few friends who seem to be in love with them.

I can never seem to guage how powerful they really are, so I figured I would list some opponents and see what you all think about it.

Witchblade and Darkness each go separate, here is the opposition so out of these 10 fights who would Witchblade and Darkness beat and lose to respectively?

1) Nightwing
2) Spider-man
3) Flash
4) Magneto
5) Wonder Woman
6) Martian Manhunter
7) Thor
8) Rachel Summers (Phoenix)
9) Doctor Fate
10) Spawn

(I tried to be random in my selections, covering multiple publishers and a variety of powers and levels)

joesha28
they stopped at 5...

juggernaut66666
they can kill any of them which don't have instant healing factor

lilnutta12
who is and what are witchblades powers

lilnutta12
flash as in wally - stops them i say - he drags them intoo the speed force and closes the portal.

completely stops them - unless witch lade can open portals through time/reality/gravity etc. she has no chance.

i like darkess but flash takes him down hard.

if any of hem get past flash doc fate kills em.

Q99
1) Nightwing -Both should win 9/10 or 10/10
2) Spider-man -I'd say good fight, Witchblade 7/10, Darkness 4/10 (Witchblade being serious is more dangerous in personal combat, Darkness can make minions and such but Spidey should be able to get past them well and go for the real threat)
3) Flash -Witchblade doesn't have much of a chance, maybe give him some minor cuts by making herself spikey when he attacks but no wins, but Darkness in a sufficiently dark area could make enough stuff to trip him up and get perhaps 1/10
4) Magneto -Witchblade 0/10, Darkness could get some wins if there's shadows under his forcefield. Very circumstantial, so hard to tell, and even then a minority.
5) Wonder Woman -0/10 for both
6) Martian Manhunter - Witchblade 1.5/10 (Fire attacks), Darkness zero
7-9) Zero for both
10) I don't know Spawn too well, and I hear his power varies from way out of their league to beatable.

Estacado
Originally posted by Q99
1) Nightwing -Both should win 9/10 or 10/10
2) Spider-man -I'd say good fight, Witchblade 7/10, Darkness 4/10 (Witchblade being serious is more dangerous in personal combat, Darkness can make minions and such but Spidey should be able to get past them well and go for the real threat)
3) Flash -Witchblade doesn't have much of a chance, maybe give him some minor cuts by making herself spikey when he attacks but no wins, but Darkness in a sufficiently dark area could make enough stuff to trip him up and get perhaps 1/10
4) Magneto -Witchblade 0/10, Darkness could get some wins if there's shadows under his forcefield. Very circumstantial, so hard to tell, and even then a minority.
5) Wonder Woman -0/10 for both
6) Martian Manhunter - Witchblade 1.5/10 (Fire attacks), Darkness zero
7-9) Zero for both
10) I don't know Spawn too well, and I hear his power varies from way out of their league to beatable.
Spider Man is not beating Jackie if he is serious about it.

celestialdemon
They could both get to Flash but then run into serious problems. They don't stand a chance against the rest. Well, the Darkness might be able to get a win or two out of Magneto, but that's it.

Estacado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDaCOIpdZM&feature=player_embedded#at=46

Q99
Darknesses' armor isn't as good as the Witchblade's, so a lot of it is if his darklings and constructs can keep Spidey out. Which is possible, but pretty hard IMO.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Estacado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDaCOIpdZM&feature=player_embedded#at=46

I can't wait for this game to come out. I replayed the original 3 or 4 times. I love that game.

right near my bday as well so definitely getting this on release. Wish they kept the original VA for jackie though.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Q99
Darknesses' armor isn't as good as the Witchblade's, so a lot of it is if his darklings and constructs can keep Spidey out. Which is possible, but pretty hard IMO.

Jackie can eviscerate peter using the lack of light in peter's body.
And out of all the combatants, I'd say jackie is the most crafty and cunning.

Q99
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Jackie can eviscerate peter using the lack of light in peter's body.
And out of all the combatants, I'd say jackie is the most crafty and cunning.

True, there is that, but he generally does that kind of thing when a foe's not being highly mobile and jumping around and all. I think there may still be some difficulty 'locking on' so to speak.

He doesn't normally do that unless the enemy deserves it, either.

Q99
Just for fun, I'm going to throw down some odds for some of Top Cow's other artifact bearers:

Finnagen/Glacier Stone:
1) Nightwing - 9-10/10 like the others
2) Spider-man 6.5/10. Not quite as good as Witchblade, he could get webbed up and miss with his ice, but he's one of the toughest bearers and strong and can make enough ice that it's hard to avoid.
3) Flash- Near-Zero. Sure, icing the ground could make things slippery for Flash, but Flash is kinda used to that.
4) Magneto - 0/10
5) Wonder Woman- 0/10
6) Martian Manhunter- 0/10
7) Thor 0/10
8) Rachel Summers (Phoenix) 0/10
9) Doctor Fate 0/10

Sabine with the Wheel of Shadows:
1) Nightwing- As usual, 10/10
2) Spider-man- Not as much range as the others, but her time powers are very dangerous and likewise her slip-between-seconds pseudo teleport could catch him off guard. 8/10
3) Flash- Oh, this is something of a tough one. He might be able to take her out, but if he runs into her time-sapping cloud by mistake, or gets caught off guard by a time-teleport.... 110.
4) Magneto- He still probably takes her from a distance, but hit him with the time powers and it's over. She's the second best artifact bearer to take him on, behind the Darkness. 2/10.
5) Wonder Woman- Hah, let us age the immortal! Who's too powerful mystically to age anyway. 0/10
6) Martian Manhunter- While technically mortal, very long lifespan, and all kinds of other advantages, 0/10.
7) Thor- See Wonder Woman. 0/10
8) Rachel Summers (Phoenix). Time is no defense against psychics. 0.5/10
9) Doctor Fate. Mortal, but can resist the effects 0/10

Probably the most dangerous artifact bearer in a one-on-one fight against non-mystic foes.

3 and up drop them both.

@q99 I stopped following, how many other artifacts are there total now?

Q99
Originally posted by 753

@q99 I stopped following, how many other artifacts are there total now?

The complete set is 13, though not all of them have been revealed.

That includes stuff like Magdalena's spear of destiny, only some of them are transformative types.

what about angellus? is it dead? what are the ones that have been revealed?

Q99
Originally posted by 753
what about angellus? is it dead? what are the ones that have been revealed?

The Angelus has a new host, one who controls it instead of being controlled by it like the old ones.

There's (and some of these have just come out in Artifacts):
The Trinity, Angelus, Witchblade (Aka the Balance), and Darkness. They're the most important of the Artifacts.

The Glacier Stone and Ember Stone, Destruction and Creation. Turns their wielders into a frost giant and a fire dragon, respectively.

The Spear of Destiny and the Blood Sword. Two badass weapons.

The Wheel of Shadows. Time-powers.

The Rapture- showed up in the The Darknesses' comic, another transformative one that lets the wielder become all monster-y and one that lets someone escape souls from Hell.

The others (save for the 13th which is still totally unknown) have been named but I don't think really shown so I can't tell you much about them.

Q99
I'm going to up my odds on Darkness vs Spidey to 7/10. It really depends on the tactics Jackie uses. If he stays in darkness armor and sends darklings, defeat isn't too out of the question, but going dragon or something would be much safer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.