The 14th Dalai Lama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
The Dalai Lama is the Tibettan spiritual and secular leader, as well as the most famous Buddhist monk in the world. He is believed to be the incarnation of compassion. He is maybe the best example of an honestly religious person. An Australian Christian Church called him the only true "Christian" in the world, because of his compassionate, peaceful, moral and almost egoless attitude.
He is really a universal symbol of what a religious person aught to be like and just about everybody from every religion looks up to him.

What are your feelings about him?

http://www.dalailama.com/

Alliance
I like saffron....its a beuatiful color.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
The Dalai Lama is the Tibettan spiritual and secular leader, as well as the most famous Buddhist monk in the world. He is believed to be the incarnation of compassion. He is maybe the best example of an honestly religious person. An Australian Christian Church called him the only true "Christian" in the world, because of his compassionate, peaceful, moral and almost egoless attitude.
He is really a universal symbol of what a religious person aught to be like and just about everybody from every religion looks up to him.

What are your feelings about him?

http://www.dalailama.com/

I have read some of his writings and I like what he has to say. big grin

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance
I like saffron....its a beuatiful color.

I invested a little bit in saffron farming. It all stemmed from back in high school when I did hospitality. One of our assessments was on a particular cultural food type (researching its history, meaning etc.) I did Indian food - fascinating the amount of philosophy behind it. Anyway the dish I chose to prepare had saffron as an ingredient (for no other reason then it added color.) Anyway buying the tiniest amount of it fresh cost me a fortune.

Turns out that Saffron is, pound for pound, just as valuable, cost wise, as gold. Amazing, has to do with the nature of harvesting it, its use in fashion as a colouring etc.

Anyway - the Deli Lama. I remember going to see him when he was in Australia (I'd just finished reading his art of happiness) and I found all the praise given to him was justified - he genuinely does seem a wonderful person. He just seems to have a calming aura - and he is remarkably diplomatic, the way he dealt with the questions people asked, both well meant and not so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.