Is your lifestyle costing you more or less?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I been curious about how other people been are dealing in our struggle to survive each day. wink

Do you feel like you're been spending more these days than before? Or have you really cut back on sometimes an gaining more? Aside from food, bills, home, clothes...are you spending more or less?

In my case I'm spending more. Mostly on Hobbies...but hey! I enjoy them and willing to deal with the cost. Now, on things like transportation and travelling I'm really cutting back. And behold! I'm actually saving more. I don't drive my gas chuggin car and instead driving the little toyota I recently purchase. Travelling I just reserved it for Holiday time. No pointless vacations like before...is mostly near home travelling. I'm mostly in between saving and spending.

So, what's your story?

debbiejo
Many people here are looking for second jobs. They are also down sizing their vehicles. Many are going back to get more training in schools. Changing trades etc.. Some I know are needing assistance from churches for home items like groceries. It is also causing divorces in some families with the over burden of debt, like a few of my neighbors...People have cancelled the vacations, even ones like camping because of gas prices. But where I live people do hunt and fish and do store the food, so they may be somewhat better off, though jobs are further away since we are north of Detroit and the burbs. I myself am having a bit of a problem finding a job here..

Rogue Jedi
i am definitely spending more these days.

Kryzula
I am very frugal with my spending habits, so less.

~ Kryzula

Quiero Mota
I spend a lot. Most of my money either goes to my son's college or to my gas. All 3 of my vehicles are gas-hogs; classic muscle car, truck and a Harley. I'm also a pretty materialistic vato; I buy bling and clothing often. I also have some expensive hobbies.

debbiejo
Well Michigan is an automotive state, so when things are down with buying of automobiles, it hurts our economy real bad....Most jobs are connected to this field in some way.

Tptmanno1
I am a poor college student and I spend an awefull lot on gas (based on my income) 20 bucks a week about. But I'm only making 7.30 and working 25 hours. so. Yea I spend alot, but not more than my means.

tabby999
way, way, way less at the moment. I'm working a job now that pays $12 a hour, i'm clearing $188 bucks a week and living with friends. I'm eating the cheapest food i can buy and not going anywhere or doing anything because it costs too much to. I quit smoking yesterday because thats become a luxury i can't afford anymore. Lets just say, at this point in time, my lifes pretty shit.

WickedTexasMomA
I think the more money you have the worst off your bills get. Since the start of the year till now we've taken one loan after the other out. I want to say were about 14,ooo out right now on Loans. Most of it was taken out to buy a new truck and car the rest was used to remodel my house. I can't ***** to much my husband is getting paid close to 21.35 an hour now and I still get alot of money from my dads shop. With things being paid off like they are now we should be cleared by April of next year.Looking forward to seeing my credit score after all that.LOl Its a 820 right now I can only imagine what its going to be after the car loans are paid off.

We save every time we can, buying the off brands cutting back driving to town when we can. We've limited our self's to 100 a month to spend on our self's. With the summer being 100-105 our electric went up , but now its back down to the 80s and we try to keep the windows open as much as we can to save on the lights. I've made my self start doing laundry twice a week instead of everyday. So all in all...I guess things kind of even out for us.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I could probably do with more money but I am not desperate. I am a God at budgeting, and I live in reasonable comfort. I don't have a car (no fuel to worry about) my Uni costs are going to be HECS until I start earning a certain amount, I don't really drink, don't smoke, do drugs or gamble - the things that seem to drain peoples wallets the fastest around here.

So I can put some into saving, do a little investing, and the rest, at this point in time, usually goes to books, theatre, my gf. and one what ever hobby interest me at the time with a nice little amount going to charities I donate to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.