Legal System

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
OK, heres a scenario:

Two people are in litigation, I'll call them person A and person B. They both have their own lawyers though one, person A is hacking into the others Internet to get the scoop on person B. Person B has been discussing strategies with his lawyer. Person B just found out and reported it to the authorities. Now this really isn't considered wire tapping because it is the Internet. So what is the legal system going to charge person A with?

Himo
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK, heres a scenario:

Two people are in litigation, I'll call them person A and person B. They both have their own lawyers though one, person A is hacking into the others Internet to get the scoop on person B. Person B has been discussing strategies with his lawyer. Person B just found out and reported it to the authorities. Now this really isn't considered wire tapping because it is the Internet. So what is the legal system going to charge person A with?

Most likely nothing, since the information was gained ilegally.

That is of course, if we're dealing with a clean police department that is above planting evidence.

debbiejo
No body likes my new thread....... sad

Smasandian
Are they discussing strategies in person? Or over the Net, which wouldnt make sense considering thats usually what people dont do when it comes to cases.

debbiejo
No no..........One person is spying on the other through the net.......they are reading emails from the other side to get a heads up. They are disrupting the natural process of the court system. Due process.

debbiejo
What the hell...............People don't have any idea???

Soleran
What the hell...............People don't have any idea???

Yes I do, don't waste your money on an attorney, let it gosmile

debbiejo
FU Mr...... stick out tongue

Gregory
Communications between a lawyer and his client are confidential. I don't know what, exactly, A would be charged with, but it would certainly be illegal, and it would lose A the case for him.

debbiejo
It would seem to me this also, but what could be he charge in the legal system..............btw, this is a real scenario for someone I do know.........

Nichole
No no..........One person is spying on the other through the net.......they are reading emails from the other side to get a heads up. They are disrupting the natural process of the court system. Due process.

If someone is hacking into someone elses emails, and reading private material, that is certainly a crime, whether it's the internet or not. There'd be charges, although I am not sure exactly what those charges would be.

Quiero Mota
OK, heres a scenario:

I'm sure this is some kind of computer crime, somewhere in the books.

Bardock42
I told you why I changed my mind
I got bored by playing with time
I know you thought you had me nailed
But I've freed my head from your garden rails

Now it's a legal matter, baby
You got me on the run
It's a legal matter, baby
A legal matter from now on

botankus
OK, heres a scenario:

What exactly of your ex's did you hack and what did you find? Was your lawyer not good enough to get information on his own?

debbiejo
edit

botankus
You said Person B was being hacked and it was a "he."

debbiejo
Oh, sorry. Person A was hacking into person B....Person A is a male...

botankus
I'm glad you cleared that up. For a second there, I thought you were going to have to be logging in from Prison.

JOE NUNEZ
The new evidence would be inadmissible, because of the right of Discovery, procedures by which one party may obtain information revelent to the case ...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK, let's speak some shit.

Begin...

debbiejo
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
The new evidence would be inadmissible, because of the right of Discovery, procedures by which one party may obtain information revelent to the case ... Go on and explain further, cause the City Prosecuting Attorney is investigating it and planing to charge Person A.
Originally posted by Bardock42
I told you why I changed my mind
I got bored by playing with time
I know you thought you had me nailed
But I've freed my head from your garden rails

Now it's a legal matter, baby
You got me on the run
It's a legal matter, baby
A legal matter from now on cool big grin

JOE NUNEZ
Go on and explain further, cause the City Prosecuting Attorney is investigating it and planing to charge Person A.
cool big grin I need to know more about this case , not just person A and person B..

debbiejo
Are you into law?

ThePittman
Well for one it would be a miss trial, second this would fall under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government and not local government because pretty much any internet crime is a Federal offence.

JOE NUNEZ
Are you into law? 4TH year Criminal Justice student. With honors may i add, anyways i have a shit load of books here at my disposal.

debbiejo
Cool!

pm me then..........

JOE NUNEZ
Cool!

pm me then.......... Actually i will when i get back to my dorm room later... I'm doing some research on the Patriot Act right now.

botankus
Face it, Debs. You're guilty. Take it from the new expert in legality sh*t here at KMC...me.

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud

Nah, I'm gonna be one rich lady!!

botankus
Then you owe me 50% for all my legal advice. Give it up or I'll sue.

JOE NUNEZ
Is this being litigated in criminal or civil court?

debbiejo
Yes Criminal court now!! The Michigan Criminal Court!

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Then you owe me 50% for all my legal advice. Give it up or I'll sue. Hahahaha................you did me nothing here bud,............but sure could use some chicken wings..............GOD IT'S BEEN MONTHS NOW..........

JOE NUNEZ
Hahahaha................you did me nothing here bud,............but sure could use some chicken wings..............GOD IT'S BEEN MONTHS NOW.......... Are you in jail? How come its been months since you ve eaten chicken wings??

debbiejo
DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE.

JOE NUNEZ
DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE. Why? sad

Storm
Closed on request of the thread starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.