Living Tribunal vs Mr Myx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
Who wins?
They fight in New York.....
Debate.
Sorry I spelt his name wrong.
It should say Living Tribunal vs Mr Mxy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This is a dumb fight. THe LT could do that same thing to mxy that the Spectre did. Can't beat him, so just erase his power sourceso that he doesn't have any power. and we still dont' even know if that worked.

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
This is a dumb fight. THe LT could do that same thing to mxy that the Spectre did. Can't beat him, so just erase his power sourceso that he doesn't have any power. and we still dont' even know if that worked. Where do you get " can't beat him from"?

Oh and it's stupid when you think that he loses right?
That says it all right there.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
Where do you get " can't beat him from"?

Oh and it's stupid when you think that he loses right?
That says it all right there.

No I think it's a dumb fight to put mxy against the LT. You can't make a thread where on character has no chance to win. It's in the thread rules. Mxy has never been shown to be beaten with outright force. He had to be drained of his power. and even then, he still wasn't defeated technically. he still had power, and he disappeared.

Jesse7
Going by the showings of when LT faced off against Korvac...pis or not, and by the showings of when Mr. Mxy destroyed the DC multiverse, i'm going with Mr. Mxy.

P.S. Spectre easily stripped Mxy of his powers, but that just goes to show how powerful Spectre is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Jesse7
Going by the showings of when LT faced off against Korvac...pis or not, and by the showings of when Mr. Mxy destroyed the DC multiverse, i'm going with Mr. Mxy.

P.S. Spectre easily stripped Mxy of his powers, but that just goes to show how powerful Spectre is.

It also may have to do with the fact that the Spectre is Supernatural in essence has can control Vast magic in a way the LT may not be able to. The LT is vastly Cosmic in might. he control cosmic might very very well. That is why the IG and other's mean nothing to him. THe LT and Spectre are two sides of the same coin. One MYSTICAL and one COSMIC

bigbran
No I think it's a dumb fight to put mxy against the LT. You can't make a thread where on character has no chance to win. It's in the thread rules. Mxy has never been shown to be beaten with outright force. He had to be drained of his power. and even then, he still wasn't defeated technically. he still had power, and he disappeared. So Mxy, can beat PR beyonder, but he can't beat LT?
I don't get how you debate?
And your little debating partener, seems to think he wins.Originally posted by Jesse7

You mean the weaker version of Spectre, that had no host?

rotiart

LT against Korvac... with Death helping Korvac...

nvrbeenwthagirl
So Mxy, can beat PR beyonder, but he can't beat LT?
And your little debating partener, seems to think he wins.

The pre retcon beyonder is non cannon. he doesn't count. Mxy beats him very easily. and no, mxy cannot beat the lt.

bigbran
The pre retcon beyonder is non cannon. he doesn't count. Mxy beats him very easily. and no, mxy cannot beat the lt. Just because he's not in continium anymore, that means he loses?
If it wasn't for secret wars, we wouldn't have some of the characters we have today.
Oh and I'm going to sleep.

rotiart
PreRetcon Mr. Mxy is as powerful as LT... but still nothing compared to PreRetcon Beyonder. stick out tongue

I'll let you have the cookie, you worked so hard for it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Just because he's not in continium anymore, that means he loses?
If it wasn't for secret wars, we wouldn't have some of the characters we have today.
Oh and I'm going to sleep.

and yet even tho the kingdom was abandoned, we have characters that exist from those stories as well. but back to the thread at hand, mxy is no match for the might of the LT. and niether is the beyonder pre or ret. it's one being.

rotiart
My dirty sock is a match for both of them!

bigbran
and yet even tho the kingdom was abandoned, we have characters that exist from those stories as well. but back to the thread at hand, mxy is no match for the might of the LT. and niether is the beyonder pre or ret. it's one being. So do you just ignore the fact, that PR Beyonder had him shaking in his spandex?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So do you just ignore the fact, that PR Beyonder had him shaking in his spandex?
it was a figment of his imagination.

rotiart
I don't even care anymore. big grin I'm horny.. Bigbran hold me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by rotiart
I don't even care anymore. big grin I'm horny.. Bigbran hold me.
I knew you all were a little too close Welcome to the family :P

rotiart
I'm actually Bi.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm actually Bi.

Bi what? Polar? Racial? focal? LMAO it's too many queeers on this here forum. LMAO

rotiart
...tching about work right now, and anything in general.

rotiart
actually attention deficit disorder to a small degree.

Jesse7
So Mxy, can beat PR beyonder, but he can't beat LT?
And your little debating partener, seems to think he wins.

Actually I would say that with no host the Spectre was at one of its strongest levels (DoV), going by the feats it did and that it took the DC presence to stop him or rather it (Spectre).

rotiart
Actually I don't care anymore.

In truth. If Pre Retcon Mr. Mxy can really blink out the whole multiverse... LT resets it. its a stalemate.

but if its retconnect mr. mxy.. well guess what... he loses.

bigbran
it was a figment of his imagination. So thats your only arguement? You said he would beat PR Beyonder, and now your saying, it was only a figment of his imagination?
Weak!
And actually, for 2 years, it was canon, and the writers ret conned it, because PR Beyonder was just redicules, how interesting is it to have a character that can do anything? No body could match him, cept, Owen Reece, and they ret conned him, because he stood up to the being that could do anything. So therefore, they ret conned the 2 most powerful Marvel characters, because they were insane.
And....bed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So thats your only arguement? You said he would beat PR Beyonder, and now your saying, it was only a figment of his imagination?
Weak!
And actually, for 2 years, it was canon, and the writers ret conned it, because PR Beyonder was just redicules, how interesting is it to have a character that can do anything? No body could match him, cept, Owen Reece, and they ret conned him, because he stood up to the being that could do anything. So therefore, they ret conned the 2 most powerful Marvel characters, because they were insane.
And....bed.

And I'm saying the same thing. From the time the kingdom was printed, until Infinite Crisis was printed, All of the else world's were cannon. So much like the beyonder was cannon, so was the universal destroying and creating mxy. it's the same thing. and if we go by that, mxy did on panel, what they beyonder did not do on panel.

Jesse7
And I'm saying the same thing. From the time the kingdom was printed, until Infinite Crisis was printed, All of the else world's were cannon. So much like the beyonder was cannon, so was the universal destroying and creating mxy. it's the same thing. and if we go by that, mxy did on panel, what they beyonder did not do on panel.

by the way kingdom come, its sequel/prequel is cannon too, check wiki.

bigbran
by the way kingdom come, its sequel/prequel is cannon too, check wiki. Read the first god damn Sentence!
Or second?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elseworlds

Jesse7
Actually I don't care anymore.

In truth. If Pre Retcon Mr. Mxy can really blink out the whole multiverse... LT resets it. its a stalemate.

but if its retconnect mr. mxy.. well guess what... he loses.

Um Lt has never shown the ability to blink anyone out of existence (I imagine he could do it to beings far weaker then him), and he has never shown the ability to be able to instantly reset or destroy the multiverse.

If anything going by feats he has shown to not even be able to deal with Korvac, since he couldn't destroy Korvac or that universe, he was only able to seal it off.

Mr. Mxy on the other hand destroyed the marvel multiverse as if it was a game and in a joking manner to boot.

bigbran
Um Lt has never shown the ability to blink anyone out of existence (I imagine he could do it to beings far weaker then him), and he has never shown the ability to be able to instantly reset or destroy the multiverse.

If anything going by feats he has shown to not even be able to deal with Korvac, since he couldn't destroy Korvac or that universe, he was only able to seal it off.

Mr. Mxy on the other hand destroyed the marvel multiverse as if it was a game and in a joking manner to boot. Marvel?

Jesse7

Mr. Mxy on the other hand destroyed the marvel multiverse as if it was a game and in a joking manner to boot.

P.S. I know LT can make beings into universes/eternity, ala SS for an example, but LT has never shown on panel to be able to instantly destroy the marvel multiverse or reset it as Mr. Mxy has on panel.

Jesse7
Marvel?

My mistake, I mean DC.

bigbran
Read the first god damn Sentence!
Or second?

rotiart
Wikipedia on Kingdom Come

Effects on mainstream continuity
Due to the popularity of the series it was suggested that DC attempt to steer the DCU towards the world depicted in Kingdom Come. This was dismissed, but Alex Ross began work on a prequel titled Kingdom (see below) that would address how certain characters came to be (including the new Wildcat) and tie mainstream continuity to that shown in Kingdom Come. Due to a falling out with co-creator Mark Waid, Ross's series was never produced and Waid produced the prequel/sequel The Kingdom without any input from Ross.

Since the publication of Kingdom Come, some of its elements have found their way into the mainstream continuity:

It was attempted to tie mainstream continuity with what was found in Kingdom Come.

In Kingdom that was done due to "hypertime"

As of 2005, the DC executive editor states no comics as of then on will include any inclusion of hypertime, in fact, hypertime no longer exists...

so the inclusion of Kingdom and Kingdom Come no longer exist as in continuity.

Jesse7

?

Jesse7
Wikipedia on Kingdom Come

Effects on mainstream continuity
Due to the popularity of the series it was suggested that DC attempt to steer the DCU towards the world depicted in Kingdom Come. This was dismissed, but Alex Ross began work on a prequel titled Kingdom (see below) that would address how certain characters came to be (including the new Wildcat) and tie mainstream continuity to that shown in Kingdom Come. Due to a falling out with co-creator Mark Waid, Ross's series was never produced and Waid produced the prequel/sequel The Kingdom without any input from Ross.

Since the publication of Kingdom Come, some of its elements have found their way into the mainstream continuity:

It was attempted to tie mainstream continuity with what was found in Kingdom Come.

In Kingdom that was done due to "hypertime"

As of 2005, the DC executive editor states no comics as of then on will include any inclusion of hypertime, in fact, hypertime no longer exists...

so the inclusion of Kingdom and Kingdom Come no longer exist as in continuity.

No more hypertime?.....no more hyperman?...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Read the first god damn Sentence!
Or second?

the writer of the series said that the kingdom made it all cannon. isn't this the same argument about where the pre retcon beyonder got his power? from the writer? The writer says that it was cannon. and if it was non cannon as you insist, then why pre tell was it used in two cannon stories? Superboy and flash? that is what I thought. it was cannon. You lose.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No more hypertime?.....no more hyperman?...

it doesn't say hyper time never existed. see the difference.

Jesse7
the writer of the series said that the kingdom made it all cannon. isn't this the same argument about where the pre retcon beyonder got his power? from the writer? The writer says that it was cannon. and if it was non cannon as you insist, then why pre tell was it used in two cannon stories? Superboy and flash? that is what I thought. it was cannon. You lose.

so its cannon? woot!

bigbran
the writer of the series said that the kingdom made it all cannon. isn't this the same argument about where the pre retcon beyonder got his power? from the writer? The writer says that it was cannon. and if it was non cannon as you insist, then why pre tell was it used in two cannon stories? Superboy and flash? that is what I thought. it was cannon. You lose. Ya, I lose.
You do know, that they have an elseworlds, Holy Bat Terror?
Is that in continium? No! What about JLA the nail?
Dude, just accept, that your wrong, I have shown where I got my information from. Where did yours come from? Even then, the writer also said that Beyonder has one million times more power than the multiverse, and you write that off.
Bed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ya, I lose.
You do know, that they have an elseworlds, Holy Bat Terror?
Is that in continium? No! What about JLA the nail?
Dude, just accept, that your wrong, I have shown where I got my information from. Where did yours come from? Even then, the writer also said that Beyonder has one million times more power than the multiverse, and you write that off.
Bed.

WHY was the Kingdom, which you are calling an else worlds tell, used in a cannon flash story arc and a cannon super boy story arc? Explain that to me mr. kingdom and kingdom come were else world tales and not cannon. HOW come an else worlds tale was used in two cannon books? that is what I thought. you dont' have an answer.

grey fox
Bi what? Polar? Racial? focal? LMAO it's too many queeers on this here forum. LMAO

Reported for gay bashing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by grey fox
Reported for gay bashing.

I'm gay you silly twit. Look at my damn NAME. it was a joke. look at the thread before you make comments.

bigbran
WHY was the Kingdom, which you are calling an else worlds tell, used in a cannon flash story arc and a cannon super boy story arc? Explain that to me mr. kingdom and kingdom come were else world tales and not cannon. HOW come an else worlds tale was used in two cannon books? that is what I thought. you dont' have an answer. You haven't even adressed my point.
But even so, 2 comics, out of 100's of other comics, are canon, and now your going to say, the whole thing is canon? Really? So you also ignore every other book, and then try and win, by pulling out 2 were canon, so I win?
Oh and what were these canon books called?

"that is what I thought. you dont' have an answer."
Your maturity really shows here. Put up a defense at least.

Jesse7
You haven't even adressed my point.
But even so, 2 comics, out of 100's of other comics, are canon, and now your going to say, the whole thing is canon? Really? So you also ignore every other book, and then try and win, by pulling out 2 were canon, so I win?

I think that what is the point here is, IS not that the whole line of comics is cannon, but that the kingdom line is cannon because it has been used in main continuity cannon DC comics, thus cannonizing it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You haven't even adressed my point.

it was the flash series and the superboy series.

bigbran
I'm going to bed, for realz now, we will deal with this tomorrow.

Jesse7
I'm going to bed, for realz now, we will deal with this tomorrow.

Psychooooooooooooooooooooooo pirateeeeeeeeeee mwhahahahah.....good nite, sleep well.

rotiart
Except that mr. mxy being allpowerful is only in elseworlds... which is only cannon if hypertime is still allowed... but as it isn't anymore per the execs at DC wink Mr. mxy and all of hypertime no longer exist.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Except that mr. mxy being allpowerful is only in elseworlds... which is only cannon if hypertime is still allowed... but as it isn't anymore per the execs at DC wink Mr. mxy and all of hypertime no longer exist.

The same can be said of the beyonder.

grey fox
I'm gay you silly twit. Look at my damn NAME. it was a joke. look at the thread before you make comments.

Please, trying to back up your statement with your user name is weak. 'Hey look at my name , I must be 6 ft , bipedal , anthropomorphic fox'

For all i know you could just have 'never been with a girl' Ie being a virgin. Oh and lowering yourself to name calling ... unnecessary and cheap.

Tron
If you two really need to continue this, do it privately, and keep it out of here.

Mr Master
ELSEWORLDS in the DC Multi-verse ACCORDING to DC Execs....

Although DC maintained that the other Earths NO LONGER Existed (and had never existed),

during the 1990s they published occasional one-shots and mini-series labeled "Elseworlds",

Featuring Alternate Versions of their Characters that WOULD HAVE been consistent with the concept of the Multiverse.

DC officially classified THESE as STORIES that perhaps "could have" happened, but had not occurred.

They maintained that there was only one canonical Earth in the DC Universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_%28DC_Comics%29

Mr Master
ELSEWORLDS as a comic ACCORDING to DC Execs...

Elseworlds is the publication imprint for a group of comic books produced by DC Comics THAT TAKES PLACE outside the company's canon.

According to its tagline: "In Elseworlds, heroes are taken from their usual settings and put into strange times and places -

some that have existed, and others that CAN'T, COULDN'T or SHOULDN'T EXIST.

The result is stories that make characters who are as familiar as yesterday seem as fresh as tomorrow."

UNLIKE its Marvel Comics COUNTERPART What If...?, which bases its stories on a single point of divergence from the regular continuity,

ELSEWORLDS STORIES instead TAKE PLACE in entirely self-contained continuities whose ONLY CONNECTION to the Canon DC Continuity are the presence of familiar DC characters.

Mr Master
Hypertime in DC Comics ACCORDING to DC Execs...

Hypertime has been infrequently utilized in DC titles subsequent to its introduction in The Kingdom, perhaps as a result of its chief architects and proponents, writers Mark Waid and Grant Morrison, working elsewhere in the comics industry (notably for Marvel Comics) .

While the concept was used in a multi-part story involving the Modern Age Superboy, many writers (such as "Teen Titans" writer Jay Faeber) found that their attempts to use Hypertime were either outright rejected or their stories severely altered to allow no attempt to further expand upon the concept.

In fact, promotional talks at the 2005 San Diego Comic-Con (July 2005), DC Executive Editor Dan Didio EFFECTIVELY disavowed the concept of hypertime,

Stating it would NO LONGER BE USED in Future DCU titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertime

Mr Master
The Kingdom in DC Comics ACCORDING to DC Execs...

The Kingdom is a two-issue comic book limited series and crossover event published by DC Comics in 1999, written by Mark Waid and drawn by Ariel Olivetti/Mike Zeck.

This is both a sequel and, in some ways, prequel to Kingdom Come, also by Mark Waid.

Both books form an Elseworlds saga,

and have nothing to do with the current DC Comics storylines

Elseworlds was ALWAYS NOT CANON, It was IN Elseworlds that Mxy performed the Feat you have come to defend so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdom_%28comic%29

Thanos_THOTU
LT >> IG > I-IG >> UN > ALE >> Mxy

Or

LT >> IG > I-IG = ALE >> Mxy = UN

Either way LT wins

Mr Master
LT gestures,

and Mxy is erased, created and erased again.

galan7777777
LT wins 10/10

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Mr Master
LT gestures,

LT dont have to do a gesture, thinking is far more than enough for Mxy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
LT gestures,

The thread was stupid to begin with. Seems like a spite thread. But I guess since a DC character was on the end of it the spite, it's ok.

Thanos_THOTU
The thread was stupid to begin with. Seems like a spite thread. But I guess since a DC character was on the end of it the spite, it's ok.
DC isnt underated, it's overrated.

bigbran
The thread was stupid to begin with. Seems like a spite thread. But I guess since a DC character was on the end of it the spite, it's ok. How? PR Beyonder vs him wasn't spite.
You call my threads stupid, when you can't even reasonably defend yourself in this thread. Good reason to call spite.

bigbran
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
DC isnt underated, it's overrated. It's only overated by some members, that doesn't mean it's overated.
Some members, seriously overate Marvel, does that mean it's overated?

rotiart
Squirrel girl beats the presence!

Wanna make something of it? evil face

galan7777777
It's only overated by some members, that doesn't mean it's overated.
Some members, seriously overate Marvel, does that mean it's overated? there are people who talk negativly about marvel, and DC alike, i see what is being said, some people count characters in DC out of any v.s. thread if they are going up against a powerful character in marvel just because marvel's characters are more well-known then DC, where that is concerned it really isnt rite, people should know at least something about the characters on "both" sides before they judge them

Thanos_THOTU
Squirrel girl beats the presence!

Wanna make something of it? evil face
By logic: If the writer is bad enough she'll take down every being ever existed in Marvel and DC in a DC vs Marvel crossover.

bigbran
By logic: If the writer is bad enough she'll take down every being ever existed in Marvel and DC in a DC vs Marvel crossover. How is the writing bad? She's never lost, so can we count it as pis?

rotiart
:P

Mr Master

The problem stemmed from you popping up and running around like a madman trying to demean the Beyonder.

Your whole argument was based on Mxy erasing the Multi-verse on panel and Beyonder never actually doing it on panel.

We now find out CONCLUSIVELY, that Elseworlds IN FACT, was NEVER Canon.

When Pre-retcon Beyonder existed as such in Marvel, it WAS Canon.

He was ret-conned into something else.

But between May 1984 and November 1986,

Beyonder was EVERYTHING OUTSIDE the Multi-verse
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6606/beyondspacetime2pq7.th.jpg

and EVERYTHING INSIDE the Multiverse
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8379/beyonderisrealitydw2.th.jpg

From November 1986 to October 1988 he was No longer Everything OUTSIDE or INSIDE the Multiverse. (He became his own Universe)

But he was STILL the MOST powerful being in existence.

(And FOR the RECORD)

Pre-retcon Beyonder did CREATE a UNIVERSE.

A UNIVERSE to which OUR OWN (616) is as a DROPLET of Water to the Ocean
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6536/buni1sh8.th.jpg

AND

had it not been for Molecule Man, the Multi-verse would have been erased.

Molecule Man SAVED the Multi-verse
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/2981/buni6ag1.th.jpg

Here are the scans of Beyonder CREATING/BECOMING a UNIVERSE, ON PANEL!!!

"Since the Beyonder's departure there has been UTTER NOTHING"
http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/8944/buni2ke0.th.jpg
"A few moments ago, SOMETHING HAPPENED"

"A Portal was Opened from OUR UNIVERSE into the Beyond"
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/993/buni3oe1.th.jpg
"Molecule Man Opened the Portal, SAVING ALL Existence on HIS SIDE"

Beyonder CREATING/BECOMING a UNIVERSE to which OUR OWN (616) is as a DROPLET of Water to the Ocean
http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/6076/buni4xn9.th.jpg
"Masses form in the Void, Stars, Suns, and Planets...LIFE Arises"

Evolves and Flourishes, within the NEW UNIVERSE begat (brought into existence) by the Beyonder's Power"
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/5558/buni5it5.th.jpg

Can't believe I overlooked this.

galan7777777
The problem stemmed from you popping up and running around like a madman trying to demean the Beyonder.

Your whole argument was based on Mxy erasing the Multi-verse on panel and Beyonder never actually doing it on panel.

From November 1986 to October 1988 he was No longer Everything OUTSIDE or INSIDE the Multiverse. (He became his own Universe)

(And FOR the RECORD)

AND

had it not been for Molecula Man, the Multi-verse would have been erased.

Beyonder CREATING/BECOMING a UNIVERSE to which OUR OWN (616) is as a DROPLET of Water to the Ocean

Evolves and Flourishes, within the NEW UNIVERSE begat (brought into existence) by the Beyonder's Power"

Can't believe I overlooked this. these should sum it all up!

nvrbeenwthagirl

(And FOR the RECORD)

AND

had it not been for Molecula Man, the Multi-verse would have been erased.

Can't believe I overlooked this.

And again ur information is wrong. The kingdom was cannon. It was even used in two cannon story arcs in which I posted the book numbers. And the kingdom stated that every single else worlds tale was cannnon. SO no just no. ur wrong. They were cannon and thus making the worlds funnest cannon as well.

Mr Master
And again ur information is wrong. The kingdom was cannon. It was even used in two cannon story arcs in which I posted the book numbers. And the kingdom stated that every single else worlds tale was cannnon. SO no just no. ur wrong. They were cannon and thus making the worlds funnest cannon as well.

Thanks for ignoring most of my post.

The issue with Elseworlds being Canon is DEAD, we ALL SAW with OUR OWN eyes that the Executives at DC consider it NON CANON, fool yourself if you wish.

Now, will you concede that the Beyonder CREATED a UNIVERSE to which OUR OWN (616) is as a DROPLET of Water to the Ocean?

I showed you the On Panel Evidence, you kept on insisting he never did.

Now, let's see what kind of a man you are,

own up or shut up.

The Kingdom in DC Comics ACCORDING to DC Execs...

The Kingdom is a two-issue comic book limited series and crossover event published by DC Comics in 1999, written by Mark Waid and drawn by Ariel Olivetti/Mike Zeck.

This is both a sequel and, in some ways, prequel to Kingdom Come, also by Mark Waid.

Both books form an Elseworlds saga,

and have nothing to do with the current DC Comics storylines

Elseworlds was ALWAYS NOT CANON, It was IN Elseworlds that Mxy performed the Feat you have come to defend so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdom_%28comic%29

batdude123
Living Tribunal smacks the sh*t out of Mxy. erm

rotiart
I'll explain it. I don't like it. But I'll explain it. Before Crisis on Infinite EArths there was multiverse in DC. After Crisis, the multiverse was done away with. Elseworlds was created to be imaginary unreal tales. However, as in continuity there appeared glaring errors when written by Mark Waid, as in using characters that had died, or could not have been here... cause they were there... at the time.. kind of logic... Mark Waid came up with the theory of Hypertime which he inserted in the Kingdom 2 part comic series. In it, Hypertime allows for time to diverge away from itself, but then come back into mainstream reality. Thereby allowing multiple timelines and realities to converge. This is different from the multiverse... which DC had originally as having the same starting point, but a miriad of stories. With Hypertime, the timeline can split off at any point, not just at the beginning, and then, come back. It was explained that if a picture shows a character having a cut on their forefinger, but panels later, its on their thumb instead, that because of these divergent timelines, merging back in, that timelines character and history has remerged with our current continuity... and created a slightly different one. In kingdom it was stated that all stories are real in the sense that they could be real. Not that they are all a part of continuity, but could be a part if the writer to write it to be so. Therefore from 1998 until 2005, Hypertime existed as a means by which if there was a plot "error" that could not be explained well enough, it was done by saying it was a piece of hypertime that caused the converging of timelines. In a sense, that means that anything and everything thats happened, and has ever happened is cannon. However in 2005, the executive editor dan dido stated that Hypertime will not longer be incorporated into DC's architecture, and that it is not needed. Many DC fans and writers found the concept to be improperly applied, as it ended up creating again a new "multiverse" which DC did not want. So in the end, according to Dan Dido, as of Infinite Crisis, all of the hypertime stories are said to be errors in the timestream and hypertime no longer exists.

What that means to us. From 1998 to 2005 it appears that all stories, it was made legitimate by the Assistant Editor Mark Waid that all stories from DC history, all movies, all tv shows, all elseworlds, was cannon.

However as of right now, Hypertime no longer exists, and therefore... the ability of Mr. Mxy has been relegated back to an Elseworld's tale... making it as much a fanciful tale as it is imaginary and illusory. As of right now.. PIS no longer exists in DC. But from 1998-2005, because a dumbass, it did.

Basically Mark Waid would not cop to his errors, and created a scapegoat for himself to get out of it. Because of that the Executive Editor had to step in and remove it.

So. Yes Pre-Retcon. Mr. Mxy was multiversal. As of right now. He's a pipsqueak again.

batdude123
I ain't reading all that. big grin

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by batdude123
I ain't reading all that. big grin
He simply say that World Funnest happend before hypertime was invented, and hypertime also ended 2005, which means that Pre-retcon Mxyzptlk was never a part of DC.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He simply say that World Funnest happend before hypertime was invented, and hypertime also ended 2005, which means that Pre-retcon Mxyzptlk was never a part of DC.

not so, according hypertime, every thing from the silver age until hyper time was true. please dont' try to use trickery to make ur point. Mark Waid sait it was all true.

rotiart
To sum up, Hypertime means, that although it was written to not be in continuity, since a writer at a later point could include it as being in continuity... therefore... everything... is allowed as cannon...

Its a copout to me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'll explain it. I don't like it. But I'll explain it. Before Crisis on Infinite EArths there was multiverse in DC. After Crisis, the multiverse was done away with. Elseworlds was created to be imaginary unreal tales. However, as in continuity there appeared glaring errors when written by Mark Waid, as in using characters that had died, or could not have been here... cause they were there... at the time.. kind of logic... Mark Waid came up with the theory of Hypertime which he inserted in the Kingdom 2 part comic series. In it, Hypertime allows for time to diverge away from itself, but then come back into mainstream reality. Thereby allowing multiple timelines and realities to converge. This is different from the multiverse... which DC had originally as having the same starting point, but a miriad of stories. With Hypertime, the timeline can split off at any point, not just at the beginning, and then, come back. It was explained that if a picture shows a character having a cut on their forefinger, but panels later, its on their thumb instead, that because of these divergent timelines, merging back in, that timelines character and history has remerged with our current continuity... and created a slightly different one. In kingdom it was stated that all stories are real in the sense that they could be real. Not that they are all a part of continuity, but could be a part if the writer to write it to be so. Therefore from 1998 until 2005, Hypertime existed as a means by which if there was a plot "error" that could not be explained well enough, it was done by saying it was a piece of hypertime that caused the converging of timelines. In a sense, that means that anything and everything thats happened, and has ever happened is cannon. However in 2005, the executive editor dan dido stated that Hypertime will not longer be incorporated into DC's architecture, and that it is not needed. Many DC fans and writers found the concept to be improperly applied, as it ended up creating again a new "multiverse" which DC did not want. So in the end, according to Dan Dido, as of Infinite Crisis, all of the hypertime stories are said to be errors in the timestream and hypertime no longer exists.

What that means to us. From 1998 to 2005 it appears that all stories, it was made legitimate by the Assistant Editor Mark Waid that all stories from DC history, all movies, all tv shows, all elseworlds, was cannon.

However as of right now, Hypertime no longer exists, and therefore... the ability of Mr. Mxy has been relegated back to an Elseworld's tale... making it as much a fanciful tale as it is imaginary and illusory. As of right now.. PIS no longer exists in DC. But from 1998-2005, because a dumbass, it did.

Basically Mark Waid would not cop to his errors, and created a scapegoat for himself to get out of it. Because of that the Executive Editor had to step in and remove it.

So. Yes Pre-Retcon. Mr. Mxy was multiversal. As of right now. He's a pipsqueak again.

And there you go with that bull again. YOu always insult the other companies characters to make a point. But ur point is not valid. And if mxy is a pip squeak, the beyonder is an idiot who hallucinates.

rotiart
not so, according hypertime, every thing from the silver age until hyper time was true. please dont' try to use trickery to make ur point. Mark Waid sait it was all true.

According to Mark Waid... Assistant Editor..

Its a good thing Dan Dido is Executive Editor in 2005... and removed Hypertime then... isn't it.

For a time all stories... at all points of DC history... whether cannon or noncannon... were cannon due to Hypertime.

Even the Adventures of Lois and Clark... with Dean Cain and that cutie... whatever her name is... is cannon to DC according to Mark.

There's a word for Hypertime. And its the opposite of genius.

rotiart
And there you go with that bull again. YOu always insult the other companies characters to make a point. But ur point is not valid. And if mxy is a pip squeak, the beyonder is an idiot who hallucinates.

call it bull if you want, go search the net, you'll find im right.

nvrbeenwthagirl
call it bull if you want, go search the net, you'll find im right.

I did the research. That is why i know i'm right. Hyper time WAS cannon. Thus making all elseworlds cannon. at least for the time that hypertime was cannon. And DC never even retconned hypertime. They just abandoned the idea and came up with a new one. SOmeone even aruged me down that The kingdom was an else worlds tale itself and couldn't be used. And then when I pointed out that the kingdom was used in TWO cannon story arcs, then the argument changed. It's like no matter how I argue my point, someone all of a sudden then decides that they will go another route to try and disprove me. It's what ever. I"m not making any more threads or posting any more. and I might not be missed, but i do notice that my threads insite debate. and that is what i wanted in the first place.

rotiart
I did the research. That is why i know i'm right. Hyper time WAS cannon. Thus making all elseworlds cannon. at least for the time that hypertime was cannon. And DC never even retconned hypertime. They just abandoned the idea and came up with a new one. SOmeone even aruged me down that The kingdom was an else worlds tale itself and couldn't be used. And then when I pointed out that the kingdom was used in TWO cannon story arcs, then the argument changed. It's like no matter how I argue my point, someone all of a sudden then decides that they will go another route to try and disprove me. It's what ever. I"m not making any more threads or posting any more. and I might not be missed, but i do notice that my threads insite debate. and that is what i wanted in the first place.

you didn't even read my post did you. You'd notice that I explained that as of Infinite Crisis, all stories involving Hypertime are explained away as temporal errors and anomalies.... Hypertime no longer exists.. and is no longer cannon. from 1998- 2005 yes it was "cannon" but no longer. and I explained ot you why. If you want to write your incessant bull, and not bother to read the explanations I gave you, then thats your idiocy. From the executive editor himself. You really should do your research.

bigbran
Bump.
LT wins.

Juntai
you didn't even read my post did you. You'd notice that I explained that as of Infinite Crisis, all stories involving Hypertime are explained away as temporal errors and anomalies.... Hypertime no longer exists.. and is no longer cannon. from 1998- 2005 yes it was "cannon" but no longer. and I explained ot you why. If you want to write your incessant bull, and not bother to read the explanations I gave you, then thats your idiocy. From the executive editor himself. You really should do your research. They were explained as the other Earths. Hence, Spectre flying over Kingdom Come, and the like.
If you can show me an issue that supports your theory more, rattle it off.

the Darkone
LT snaps his finger and sends Myx into oblivion.

LT wins 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.