Genis vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Search is messed up and I really wanted to know what others opinions were.

Who would win and HOW?? Please dont just put a name down smile

Blair Wind
anyone? Ive heard that Genis could beat SS, but how would he go about it?

Blair Wind
Its funny most people here defend SS to the death as being the most powerful hero marvel has (and.....while Genis, at least while insane wasnt a "hero"wink on these boards hes considered more powerful. What makes him so? The teleporting powers? The energy blasts? what?

xmarksthespot
huh Why the multiple Genis threads?

Blair Wind
Because I wanna learn erm
I just dont know enough about the character and wanted to see where he actually stands. Too many people just say Genis > everyone and Im trying to figure out WHY. Ya know?

Big Sexy
Well I can only list some of his feats because I have some but not the whole series. basically he has
basics
superspeed
stength
flight
reality warping
can shoot bursts of cosmic energy
can turn off the powers of others.
has his own universe shared by him and Rick Jones who have bond
teleportaion through time and space- pulled a gog and pulled himself out of different moments in his past to convice one version to kill another.
Can grant superpowers to others, - of course he did kill the guy who he gave them two.

? Who was it he had sex with and she was basically catatonic from exposure to cosmic awareness.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Well I can only list some of his feats because I have some but not the whole series. basically he has
basics
superspeed
stength
flight
reality warping
teleportaion through time and space- pulled a gog and pulled himself out of different moments in his past to convice one version to kill another.
Can grant superpowers to others, - of course he did kill the guy who he gave them two.

? Who was it he had sex with and she was basically catatonic from exposure to cosmic awareness.

Ha! That was Saria.

Genis could win or lose this depending on which version this is.

boriquaking55
Honestly?

Depends on the writer

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Big Sexy
basics
superspeed
stength
flight
reality warping

He granted super powers? pretty cool, what kind of superpowers? and he can shut others off?

golem370
Silver Surfer has to Silver Surfer feats- http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

Priest
Originally posted by golem370
Silver Surfer has to Silver Surfer feats- http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/
sweet sig golem thumb up

golem370
Courtsey of Juggernaut 66666

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
He granted super powers? pretty cool, what kind of superpowers? and he can shut others off? He actually granted the killer his own powers. He was still way stonger though and it didn't really affect him.

golem370
Silver Surfer http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/type-energy_manipulation-14.html http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/authors-steve_englenhart-13.html http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/authors-stan_lee-17.html

Big Sexy
Originally posted by golem370
Silver Surfer http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/type-energy_manipulation-14.html http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/authors-steve_englenhart-13.html http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/authors-stan_lee-17.html Dude Genis as been associated with being able to destroy the universe.

UniOmni
Genis would win, for the simple fact that he can open and close spacial rifts at will, and shunt away all the firepower Surfer pours out.
Dude is uber as an energy manipulator.
Surfer is likely more durable, and a bit faster, but the energy shunting and insane ca is crippling here.

Though i don't know how transmutation would do against Genis?

BTW, Golem? Who's the guy Thor's fighting in your sig?? And what issue was it in?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by UniOmni
Genis would win, for the simple fact that he can open and close spacial rifts at will, and shunt away all the firepower Surfer pours out.
Surfer is likely more durable, and a bit faster, but the energy shunting and insane ca is crippling here.

BTW, Golem? Who's the guy Thor's fighting in your sig?? And what issue was it in? Thats Kurse. I'll give you the issue in a minute

Big Sexy
Thor 32, 2nd series.

Blair Wind

BTW, Golem? Who's the guy Thor's fighting in your sig?? And what issue was it in?

Well SS is more than just cosmic blasts....if he brought in his other powers would he be able to win?

Validus
Well SS is more than just cosmic blasts....if he brought in his other powers would he be able to win?
Yes. Genis is kind of being overrated on this site. The man is a beast but he's far from unbeatable, evidenced by the fact that he's dead right now.

Priest
Originally posted by Validus
Yes. Genis is kind of being overrated on this site. The man is a beast but he's far from unbeatable, evidenced by the fact that he's dead right now.
dident he kill himself?

Blair Wind
So how would you see the fight going down? (and seeing as you posted almost all in the respect thread (besides Kahn) who would you put as most powerful Photon or when he was insane?)

Validus
Originally posted by Priest
dident he kill himself?
No.

So how would you see the fight going down? (and seeing as you posted almost all in the respect thread (besides Kahn) who would you put as most powerful Photon or when he was insane?)
Photon is more powerful since he gained an extra power source (the Big Bang). Don't know why people think otherwise. When he was insane he didn't hold back but there was no power up there.

I think Genis wins about 6/10 here. He has more raw blasting power than any herald (holding back and still shredding planets) however his durability is questionable at best (KO'd by a pseudo-Fastball special) and Surfer is way more versatile.

Blair Wind
Cool deal. So blasting power goes to Genis, Shunting tactic goes to Genis, and what about his energy shields? Any good?

Basically in raw power Genis > Surfer and in terms of pure energy Genis > Surfer because of the shunting. But if SS did some crazy transmutation stuff he would win? What about mind? Genis is a huge telepath or something right? What he did when he was merged with his future self, could he do as Photon? The mind raping?

Skeets
His shields are top notch without them though he'll be taken out easy by surfer.He mind raped the Purple man that just shows how powerful of a telepath he is.

Validus
The mind raping is just because he lets people share his Cosmic Awareness which just drives them insane. Works like a charm on guys like Purple Man but against someone like Surfer? Eh...

Blair Wind
The mind raping is just because he lets people share his Cosmic Awareness which just drives them insane. Works like a charm on guys like Purple Man but against someone like Surfer? Eh...

What about the Shiar empire? Man he made them think they all died so they did no expression

Validus
That was pretty kooky. One thing to note is that certain things that happened in that series didn't really happen at all but instead were just part of his insane delusions.

Blair Wind
Hmmm...this character is a very tricky and interesting person. Though the basis of what he did is pretty solid. (Energy is energy, even the energy *electricity* running in your brain)

UniOmni

But look at the trouble they had to go through to kill him.

Validus
But look at the trouble they had to go through to kill him.
Sure enough but he can still be KO'd.

Blair Wind
He did take Thors hammer to the guy and at least from the scans in seemed like nothing happened erm

Validus
He did take Thors hammer to the guy and at least from the scans in seemed like nothing happened erm
I don't think this street level chick hits harder than Mjolnir.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1457/newthunderbolts018page10nv0.th.jpg

Blair Wind
well...your the one who put the scan up lol...I dunno what to say erm

Templares
Joystick is not just any street-leveler, she's "the living embodiment of Action" . . . . its crazy as hell, but all these chess moves between Zemo and the Grandmaster will drive anyone crazy.

And oh, everything that Genis can do, the Surfer can do also. They stalemate in this fight. Genis however is just more creatively exotic with the use of his powers. Exotic stuff like Cosmic awareness, dimensional shunting, energy draining gets more screen time in Genis' adventures.

leonheartmm
surfer=minor universal cosmic awareness
genis= omniversal cosmic awareness

in power and durability alone genis is above the elders. surfer is toast

genis 10/10

UniOmni
Genis isn't that durable.

Soujaboy
Genis isn't that durable.

Yes, but he is powerful. Even though it wasn't much of a fight, he did stalemate King Thor.erm

His Airness
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.