Genis vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Search is messed up and I really wanted to know what others opinions were.

Who would win and HOW?? Please dont just put a name down smile

Lucid Lui
What stage Genis are we talking here? Crazy, Rookie, Photon?

Blair Wind
hmmm.....all of them? I know how he is the most powerful (insane right? or Photon? Im confused about him) but I wanna guage his powerlevel all over erm

Blair Wind
no one??

B dot Rob
Quaze could steal a couple of wins but for the most part gets stomped to hell.

The Fake Macoy
Genis has shown a greater scale of power. He has cosmic awareness for one thing and has taken on King Thor and shown himself to be close (IMO) in that fight. Quasar was good, but he's not at Genis-vell's level.

Big Sexy
rookie Genis would probably drink himself out and loose by his own record. Insane slays him(same guy that killed Eternity ). Dont know much about photon. Never was really into the thunderbolt comics.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Search is messed up and I really wanted to know what others opinions were.

Who would win and HOW?? Please dont just put a name down smile Basically hes a grand scale reality warper. Unlike people like flash, or ss who have to run fast to go through time, genis can simply telport anywhere and anywhen. Funny he can also fire huge blasts of cosmic energy but for some reason he creates a gun and channels his blast through the chamber. Also his cosmic awarness is one of his craziest powers. He can channel it to situations and make a decision based on the best possible out come. Example was when he found out that to kill his son, who he would not be able to stop when he was a full adult, he had to kill him as an infant. Another huge thing he does is weith the beasts from asgard. It took all the asgardians (dont know if odin himself was included or not) together to only drive them off. They come back too asgard even more powerful and Genis kills them with a blast.

JOE NUNEZ
I dont believe ive ever seen Genis loose a fight.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Basically hes a grand scale reality warper. Unlike people like flash, or ss who have to run fast to go through time, genis can simply telport anywhere and anywhen. Funny he can also fire huge blasts of cosmic energy but for some reason he creates a gun and channels his blast through the chamber. Also his cosmic awarness is one of his craziest powers. He can channel it to situations and make a decision based on the best possible out come. Example was when he found out that to kill his son, who he would not be able to stop when he was a full adult, he had to kill him as an infant. Another huge thing he does is weith the beasts from asgard. It took all the asgardians (dont know if odin himself was included or not) together to only drive them off. They come back too asgard even more powerful and Genis kills them with a blast.

Thank you smile

Ive also heard that he can shunt energy to the microverse or something?

marvelprince
Yea Genis can shunt infinite amounts of energy, the microverse is just where he likes to send it I guess. I would love to give Quasar the most wins here cause I feel he's much better with controling energy but with current Photon and his cosmic awareness (even though it doesn't work as well as it should) I'd give Genis a slight advantage in this matchup

jacobo0o
genis did whoop the avenger by himself

Validus
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
I dont believe ive ever seen Genis loose a fight.
So you missed the book where he was diced up in a million pieces and spread across the Dark dimension? Shame.

Blair Wind
So genis can shunt unlimited amounts of energy (wheres that scan? Ive only seen the nuke one) and Quasar has unlimited amounts of energy....but how does Genis win through pure energy, it being energy? Both control energy, and what energy has Quasar NOT been able to contorl?

snoopdogg
So genis can shunt unlimited amounts of energy (wheres that scan? Ive only seen the nuke one) and Quasar has unlimited amounts of energy....but how does Genis win through pure energy, it being energy? Both control energy, and what energy has Quasar NOT been able to contorl? This is why I usually stay out of threads with characters such as these two.

Blair Wind
yea thats true but there has to be a way for one to win somehow erm....can genis teleport people into the microverse without touching them?

Blair Wind
?? I still think this would be a really interesting battle

Validus
So genis can shunt unlimited amounts of energy (wheres that scan? Ive only seen the nuke one) and Quasar has unlimited amounts of energy....but how does Genis win through pure energy, it being energy? Both control energy, and what energy has Quasar NOT been able to contorl?
When Quasar and Surfer fought, Quasar kept absorbing and redirecting Surfer's power but Surfer just kept on powering up so it was basically useless. I see the same deal happening here.

Horrificus
I haven't heard any arguement for Q's powers.

First of all, he also has cosmic awareness.
Second of all, he also has access to his own Q dimension, with all the power it holds.

He has been able to reconstitute himself, after being destroyed.

He has defeated abstract beings, watchers, etc.

He can also teleport anywhere in the universe he choses to teleport.

He has never been overloaded when trying to manipulate the energies of other cosmic beings, and cosmic events.

I don't see why he would lose.

Genis101
hmmm.....all of them? I know how he is the most powerful (insane right? or Photon? Im confused about him) but I wanna guage his powerlevel all over erm

First off, Photon is more powerful than Insane Genis. Insane Genis is just CM Genis with much better knowledge of his powers and flaunting them more. Then there's Post-Insane Genis, which was just Insane Genis without flaunting his powers so much. Then theyre was MErged Genis, the most powerful version of Genis, which was Post-Insane Genis merged with his future self, making him scary powerful. And then there's Photon, who was basically Post-Insane Genis with a bunch of new powers similar to Zemo's.

So in the Hierarchy of Genis:

Merged > Photon > Post Insane = Insane > Captain Marvel > Legacy

But anyways, this is how the fights go IMO:

Quasar vs MErged Genis - Merged Genis 10/10
Quasar vs Photon - Photon 8-9/10
Quasar vs Post-Insane Genis - Post Insane Genis 7-8/10
Quasar vs Insane Genis - Insane Genis 7-8/10
Quasar vs Captain Marvel Genis - 5/10 Split. - That would be an amazing fight.
Quasar vs Legacy - Quasar 6-7/10

marvelprince
I haven't seen Photon do anything of late to demonstrate power greater than Quasar's. If we're talking about both of them at the point right before they died I'd give Quasar the win

Genis101
Originally posted by marvelprince
I haven't seen Photon do anything of late to demonstrate power greater than Quasar's. If we're talking about both of them at the point right before they died I'd give Quasar the win

Dude, nothing impressive? Here's a few feats as Photon, and you also have to keep in mind all his insane, post-insane, and cm feats are valid here too since PHoton is just an upgraded version of them. But here's some feats of Photon:

-Whooped Sentry, whose way above Herald level. Sentry proved this in the Collective storyline. Binary, whose Surfer-level, got totally owned by the Collective, and then Sentry went on to go toe-to-toe with it. Thats really impressive on Sentry's part. And Photon owned Sentry. So..

-Was getting the better of Zemo w/ Moonstones, and would have beaten him if Zemo didnt have Blackout's help. Zemo recently OWNED the Grandmaster in like 3 panels. Do you realize how powerful the Grandmaster is, and therefore, how powerful Zemo and Photon must be?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Genis101
Dude, nothing impressive? Here's a few feats as Photon, and you also have to keep in mind all his insane, post-insane, and cm feats are valid here too since PHoton is just an upgraded version of them. But here's some feats of Photon:

-Whooped Sentry, whose way above Herald level. Sentry proved this in the Collective storyline. Binary, whose Surfer-level, got totally owned by the Collective, and then Sentry went on to go toe-to-toe with it. Thats really impressive on Sentry's part. And Photon owned Sentry. So..

-Was getting the better of Zemo w/ Moonstones, and would have beaten him if Zemo didnt have Blackout's help. Zemo recently OWNED the Grandmaster in like 3 panels. Do you realize how powerful the Grandmaster is, and therefore, how powerful Zemo and Photon must be? What comic was the one in which zemo fought grandmaster. I buy Tbolts off and on.

Validus
Binary got owned by Gladiator. Surfer level my ass.

marvelprince

-Was getting the better of Zemo w/ Moonstones, and would have beaten him if Zemo didnt have Blackout's help. Zemo recently OWNED the Grandmaster in like 3 panels. Do you realize how powerful the Grandmaster is, and therefore, how powerful Zemo and Photon must be?

Owned Sentry? Don't make me laugh. He had the element of surprise, a good amount of prep time and still basically played hit and run. Whenever Sentry powered-up he would shunt his power away. Then to disorient him he takes him to the microverse and when Sentry is ready to cut loose he runs away (or more accurate sends Sentry away). Doesn't look like he owned anyone to me

http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page14kv4.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page15de5.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page16sg2.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page17vm9.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page18os9.jpg

Btw, I know I didn't need all those pics, Just wanted to present everything in context

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by marvelprince
Owned Sentry? Don't make me laugh. He had the element of surprise, a good amount of prep time and still basically played hit and run. Whenever Sentry powered-up he would shunt his power away. Then to disorient him he takes him to the microverse and when Sentry is ready to cut loose he runs away (or more accurate sends Sentry away). Doesn't look like he owned anyone to me

http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page14kv4.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page15de5.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page16sg2.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page17vm9.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts014page18os9.jpg

Btw, I know I didn't need all those pics, Just wanted to present everything in context

i really really really hope sentry lives up to his hype!!!

bigbran

-Whooped Sentry, whose way above Herald level. Sentry proved this in the Collective storyline. Please, don't make me laugh.
He has NEVER, ever proven this.
Are we going back to the "Sentry is a skyfather" bullshit?
I remeber seeing people say that, when I used to read this forum, before I joined.

Validus
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
i really really really hope sentry lives up to his hype!!!
I really really really hope he gets a new costume. sick

batdude123
-Whooped Sentry, whose way above Herald level.

Um..... HELL no.

Soleran
Sentry really is a pimp, just accept it.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Um..... HELL no.
You mad because Sentry can beat Superman?

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
You mad because Sentry can beat Superman?

Nope, actually he can't.

And are you STILL mad that MM can't beat Superman either? evil face evillaugh

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Nope, actually he can't.

Sentry owns Superman I'm afraid.

Horrificus
If those are the only feats you guys are going to list for Genis, he loses to Q.
Quasar has beaten a watcher, abstract entities, etc.
You are showing Genis beating Binary, who is nowhere near Surfer level, and Sentry, who is just a very powerful Superman Clone.

Quasar has gigantic feats that totally dwarf Genis.

Soleran
Originally posted by Validus
Sentry owns Superman I'm afraid.

I'll bet if push comes to shove Sentry could even SPEEDBLITZ Superman:/

bigbran
Originally posted by Soleran
I'll bet if push comes to shove Sentry could even SPEEDBLITZ Superman:/ Or throw him into the sun, killing him instantly.

No more needs to be said.
End of discussion.

Validus
Originally posted by Soleran
I'll bet if push comes to shove Sentry could even SPEEDBLITZ Superman:/ No doubt.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Horrificus
If those are the only feats you guys are going to list for Genis, he loses to Q.
Quasar has beaten a watcher, abstract entities, etc.
You are showing Genis beating Binary, who is nowhere near Surfer level, and Sentry, who is just a very powerful Superman Clone.

Quasar has gigantic feats that totally dwarf Genis.

Didnt Genis make the big bang and create the universe? Kill entropy or something like that. Genis is usually considered >> Surfer. But Im no expert....Validus? Who would you give the majority too? Since I KNOW youve read the stuff

bigbran
Didnt Genis make the big bang and create the universe? Kill entropy or something like that. Genis is usually considered >> Surfer. But Im no expert....Validus? Who would you give the majority too? Since I KNOW youve read the stuff Even in his early days, he was able to fight Surfer, until Surfer trapped him in his board. Plus Genis gets more powerful over time.

marvelprince
Originally posted by bigbran
Please, don't make me laugh.
He has NEVER, ever proven this.
Are we going back to the "Sentry is a skyfather" bullshit?
I remeber seeing people say that, when I used to read this forum, before I joined.

Well Sentry went toe-to-toe with Collective after he got adjusted to his powers. Remember it was inexperienced Collective that wiped his butt with Binary. Not saying Sentry is sky-father or anything but he is one bad mo fo.

And Photon who has taken on RKT didn't wanted to face him when he wasn't holding back. Pretty insane power showings for Sentry so far

Horrificus
We will find out that Sentry is not as powerful as hyped.
Or, it was somehow a "dream sequence"! Ha!

Soleran
Originally posted by Horrificus
We will find out that Sentry is not as powerful as hyped.
Or, it was somehow a "dream sequence"! Ha!

Why is this still a topic for debate!

He defaced Dr. Strange.
Fought Genis to a standstill
Fought Collective.
Abused Terrax
Chumped Iron Man
Ripped Carnage in half (thats just awesome)

Sentry is it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.