Why are the bad guys always the unpopular..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kabluey
I have noticed from watching smallville, that the show always cast the unpopular, nerds, geeks, outcast as bad guys. They give them special powers, but turn them into monsters. I guess you can only be the hero if you are the good looking or the popular. Is it to appeal to the modern more sociable teen?

Maybe they can cast the bully at my school as the next hero in Smallville. Maybe he can use his powers to beat the crap out the next nerd around the corner.

Mr Parker
why WOULD they be popular? confused

Darth Macabre
You have it wrong. What you mean to say is "Why are the unpopular people the bad guys?"....

Mr Parker
well if he had phrased it like that then yeah it would have made sense. wink

Jedi Priestess
Why on earth would you bump this thread? huh

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by kabluey
I have noticed from watching smallville, that the show always cast the unpopular, nerds, geeks, outcast as bad guys. They give them special powers, but turn them into monsters. I guess you can only be the hero if you are the good looking or the popular. Is it to appeal to the modern more sociable teen?

Maybe they can cast the bully at my school as the next hero in Smallville. Maybe he can use his powers to beat the crap out the next nerd around the corner.

Because they usually make better characters

Kal875
Originally posted by kabluey

Maybe they can cast the bully at my school as the next hero in Smallville. Maybe he can use his powers to beat the crap out the next nerd around the corner. not necessarily Clark was a geek in high school, remember the 1st couple a seasons?

Colombiankilla
Kals right he was kind of a geek but stiil remember one oft he first episodes theres that weird obsessed with bugs and lois now he had a face only a bag of dog crap could love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.