Hey! True Beleivers who don't have MySpace!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spideys Sister
I have mySpace and this was on my bulleton. To let you know Stan "The Man" Lee is in NYC February for Comic Con. ... JUst read. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

"
COMIC BOOK LEGEND STAN LEE TO PARTICIPATE IN
NEW YORK COMIC CON IN 2007

Renowned Writer and Editor Will Be Honored at Convention

New York Comic Con will host an appearance by legendary comic book writer and creator Stan Lee at the conventions next gathering which will take place in New York City at the Jacob K. Javits Center, February 23rd 25th. Mr. Lee will appear as a Guest of Honor at New York Comic Con and he will also figure prominently in an as-yet-unnamed exhibit officially scheduled to open at the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art (MoCCA) that same weekend. Celebrated by millions of fans worldwide for building Marvel (MVL) into a comics and motion picture powerhouse, Stan Lee is revered for co-creating Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, and the Incredible Hulk, among other original and wildly popular characters.

The inimitable Stan Lee, whos creative genius propelled Marvel to its preeminent position in todays market place, is doing it all over again with his newly founded company POW! Entertainment Inc., (POWN). Under the umbrella of POW!, Stan is creating at an unprecedented rate and a whole new cast of contemporary Stan Lee Originals are just beginning their premiers. POW!s current new and exciting projects include Forever-man with Paramount Pictures, Condor and Mosaic with IDT Entertainment, Lightspeed with NBC Universal SCI FI and more, lots more, and yes, Stan Lee in keeping with the times even has a new reality series Who Wants to Be a Superhero?

The announcement of Stan Lees appearance at the convention is the first of several announcements that New York Comic Con will make in the coming months about notable artists, personalities, and pop culture icons who will be participating in the annual show. New York

Comic Con, a trade and consumer event for the comics industry, garnered considerable attention and attracted a wide audience of loyal fans when it was launched in February 2006. While all the details of what Mr. Lee will do at the upcoming convention have not been finalized, show officials can confirm that he will be speaking to the New York Comic Con audience in an exclusive appearance as well as meeting many fans during an autographing session.

I am delighted, to say nothing of honored, that Stan Lee has agreed to participate in our convention, notes Greg Topalian, Group Vice President in charge of Launch Pad for Reed Exhibitions.

Stan Lee commented on his up and coming New York Comic Con appearance: What a kick to be returning to New York, the great city where I was born and lived most of my life-- as well as the city where I made sure most of the Marvel superheroes lived!

For the past two decades Ive kept so busy in Los Angeles that I havent had time to return to the Big Apple as often as Id like, so you can imagine what a thrill this will be for me to have a chance to renew a million old acquaintances with artists, writers, editors and the mainstays of the comic book world-- namely the fabulous, fantastic fans!

Looking forward to seeing Comicdom Assembled next Februarydontcha dare be late!
Excelsior!

POW! (Purveyors of Wonder) Entertainment, Inc. is founded by world famous comic book and motion picture icon Stan Lee, together with award winning producer Gill Champion and intellectual properties acclaimed expert Arthur Lieberman esq. POWs principals combined, have created, produced and licensed some of the most successful global character franchises of all time that have generated billions of dollars in revenues. POW! has partnered with major studios, networks and industry leaders to perpetuate a whole new cast of contemporary Stan Lee Originals. POW! Entertainment is now publicly traded under the symbol (POWN)."

NiņoAraņa
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Scoobless
I've never gone to one of those things.... I kinda want to though

Spideys Sister
I'm going cause it's in NYC AND Stan's gonna be there. I just thought to share this with my fellow comic book.... ers. Yeah. Comic Bookers.. God that sounds gay.

badabing
That's a very sweet deal Spideys Sister. All of you that are underage and have a My Space account, please be careful with that site. According to news reports, a lot of sick people cruise that site.

Spideys Sister
Yeah I know but that's why I have my older brother and sisters there stalking me. I'm just happy about this. WOO!

newavenger13
woo with u ya i cant go am in ca

Scoobless
Originally posted by badabing
That's a very sweet deal Spideys Sister. All of you that are underage and have a My Space account, please be careful with that site. According to news reports, a lot of sick people cruise that site.

Wel if you weren't all so paranoid we wouldn't have to be so sneaky

no expression

laughing out loud

jk

shifty

badabing
Originally posted by Scoobless

no expression

laughing out loud

jk

shifty
That's wrong on so many levels and yet deviously funny!
eek! laughing

Skeets
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I have mySpace and this was on my bulleton. To let you know Stan "The Man" Lee is in NYC February for Comic Con. ... JUst read. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

"
COMIC BOOK LEGEND STAN LEE TO PARTICIPATE IN
NEW YORK COMIC CON IN 2007

Renowned Writer and Editor Will Be Honored at Convention

New York Comic Con will host an appearance by legendary comic book writer and creator Stan Lee at the conventions next gathering which will take place in New York City at the Jacob K. Javits Center, February 23rd 25th. Mr. Lee will appear as a Guest of Honor at New York Comic Con and he will also figure prominently in an as-yet-unnamed exhibit officially scheduled to open at the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art (MoCCA) that same weekend. Celebrated by millions of fans worldwide for building Marvel (MVL) into a comics and motion picture powerhouse, Stan Lee is revered for co-creating Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, and the Incredible Hulk, among other original and wildly popular characters.

The inimitable Stan Lee, whos creative genius propelled Marvel to its preeminent position in todays market place, is doing it all over again with his newly founded company POW! Entertainment Inc., (POWN). Under the umbrella of POW!, Stan is creating at an unprecedented rate and a whole new cast of contemporary Stan Lee Originals are just beginning their premiers. POW!s current new and exciting projects include Forever-man with Paramount Pictures, Condor and Mosaic with IDT Entertainment, Lightspeed with NBC Universal SCI FI and more, lots more, and yes, Stan Lee in keeping with the times even has a new reality series Who Wants to Be a Superhero?

The announcement of Stan Lees appearance at the convention is the first of several announcements that New York Comic Con will make in the coming months about notable artists, personalities, and pop culture icons who will be participating in the annual show. New York

Comic Con, a trade and consumer event for the comics industry, garnered considerable attention and attracted a wide audience of loyal fans when it was launched in February 2006. While all the details of what Mr. Lee will do at the upcoming convention have not been finalized, show officials can confirm that he will be speaking to the New York Comic Con audience in an exclusive appearance as well as meeting many fans during an autographing session.

I am delighted, to say nothing of honored, that Stan Lee has agreed to participate in our convention, notes Greg Topalian, Group Vice President in charge of Launch Pad for Reed Exhibitions.

Stan Lee commented on his up and coming New York Comic Con appearance: What a kick to be returning to New York, the great city where I was born and lived most of my life-- as well as the city where I made sure most of the Marvel superheroes lived!

For the past two decades Ive kept so busy in Los Angeles that I havent had time to return to the Big Apple as often as Id like, so you can imagine what a thrill this will be for me to have a chance to renew a million old acquaintances with artists, writers, editors and the mainstays of the comic book world-- namely the fabulous, fantastic fans!

Looking forward to seeing Comicdom Assembled next Februarydontcha dare be late!
Excelsior!

POW! (Purveyors of Wonder) Entertainment, Inc. is founded by world famous comic book and motion picture icon Stan Lee, together with award winning producer Gill Champion and intellectual properties acclaimed expert Arthur Lieberman esq. POWs principals combined, have created, produced and licensed some of the most successful global character franchises of all time that have generated billions of dollars in revenues. POW! has partnered with major studios, networks and industry leaders to perpetuate a whole new cast of contemporary Stan Lee Originals. POW! Entertainment is now publicly traded under the symbol (POWN)."
I went last febuary(or was it january?)I'll be going next year aswell.

Spideys Sister
^If you wear a shirt that say. "I am Skeets" I might say hi to you... Depends. no expressionOriginally posted by Scoobless

no expression

laughing out loud

jk

shifty I'm flattered. eek!

If anyone decides to come... I'm gonna be wearing a KMC shirt with my name on it... LIke on the back and the arms or some bull sh*t like that.

Grimm22
If I see Stan there im gonna sock him one in the jaw for being such a dick to Jack Kirby stick out tongue laughing

NiņoAraņa
well if it doesn't kill my budget i'll be there too

Scoobless
Originally posted by Grimm22
If I see Stan there im gonna sock him one in the jaw for being such a dick to Jack Kirby stick out tongue laughing

If you do that ...... I may be forced to kill you .... no expression

If anyone decides to come... I'm gonna be wearing a KMC shirt with my name on it... LIke on the back and the arms or some bull sh*t like that.

I'll be the guy wearing dark glasses with the large net and the bottle of chloroform

shifty

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22

I would take you down, boy. mad

stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I would take you down, boy. mad

stick out tongue

Bring it! mad

Its common knowledge nowadays that Stan Lee stole the King's creidt for many things, including helping shape the characters.

Without Kirby, the FF would have been a big festering pot of crap

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Scoobless
If you do that ...... I may be forced to kill you .... no expression
Co signed. Stans signing autographs and I'm gonna get him to sign my portfolio.... Or get him to intro me to Mark Bagley.... shifty

newavenger13
is mark miller goning to be there

Grimm22
Co signed. Stans signing autographs and I'm gonna get him to sign my portfolio.... Or get him to intro me to Mark Bagley.... shifty

Stan's too busy destroying his reputation by making crappy shows like "Whos wants to be a superhero?" laughing

Spideys Sister
Well, bagleys pulling out of drawing Ultimate Spidey... He needs to find a replacement... shifty

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by newavenger13
is mark miller goning to be there I am just now seeing your post. embarrasment srry. I don't know but I'll ask Marvel and the other comic junkies when I go back online. I'll let you know.

S.G
Jack the King.....nah I never took notice of these stuff but I do now I'm back into comics, and I haven't really saw Jacks work, show me some and I might become a fan, until then I'm not a fan.

DarkCrawler
You have never seen Jack Kirby's drawings? blink

He is one of the most influential artists ever...

It's sad though that most people forgot Bill Everett...he was the first TRUE comic book artist IMHO...if you compare his work to others who drew in Golden Age, he beats them anywhere.

S.G
Proberly but not that I know off, can you show me some please ?

Spideys Sister
Reviving for Shadow Spider. Lemme know if you're comming, Brandon.

Shadow Spider
I'll attempt to come. Could you send me more specific info
? Thanks! big grin

Spideys Sister
That's all I got, B. Sorry. sad But if they tell me anything on myspace I keep you in the blue. smile

Shadow Spider
Thanks. smile

Shadow Spider
Like your new picture. Spideys Sister. Its cool cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.