wow, what's the point in seeing At World's End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lovethemtigers
Gosh, isn't it amazing how we now know everything that is going to happen in At World's End laughing out loud
Elizabeth cold shoulder's Jack sad
Jack is chasing after Liz, but all she cares about is getting Will BAck sad
Will wrongly assumes Liz loves Jack
Jack taunts him with this
then...in the end....Jack marries Will and Liz aboard the Black Pearl, while he sails off with Scarlett and Gizelle on each an arm... mad

Ahhhh, now isn't that a sweet ending for our dear Captain Jack!!

So, since we know all this....what is the point in rushing out to see it when it comes out in May 2007...I think I'll just stay home and wait for the DVD...and the only ONLY reason I'll watch it...is just to see Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow one last time.

Gosh, Disney has just waisted alot of time and money letting the script leak, letting their workers tell about scenes they've seen being filmed...

Man, why did they even make DMC, what a waste of time, money, really...so everything that happened between Jack and Liz was just our imagination and it really was all about Liz realizing how much she loves Will...man I've totally interpreted this movie wrong...Well, then they should have just put her on the Flying Dutchman with Will or left her in Port Royal instead of getting our hopes up for nothing with all the great chemistry between Johnny and Keira....

Oh well, so DMC was just a filler...Gosh, can't believe Disney spent so much money and time on DMC just to confuse the audience and fill time to just go back to where they began...Will and LIz...and our hero Jack, going from woman to woman, wondering aimlessly around the Caribbean...what a horrible way to end it for the most notorious character in Hollywood history...This Trilogy did not evolve at all...they should have just stayed with POTC...and never continued the trilogy

Well....this is if you believe such things as what is posted on KeeptotheCode and some Johnny Depp message boards.....

This whole entire post is sarcastic...if ya'll get my drift.

To sum it up: I really don't believe Disney what let all this stuff leak out about their movie this far before it is released....especially the ending...

But, then again I could be wrong....

CaptinJackLover
hahah i like your sarcasm! at first i thought you were serious! and i was like what happened to you lovelyone! but its a relief you were jsut joking! lol

LovelyOne
I sense that they are deceiving us...

3 questions..

why write in that Liz lusts after Jack..and then fizzle it out?

Why write in "jack falling for liz?" and then fizzle it out?

Why write in a Davy/Will mirroring thing..just so Will can learn to be a "better man" for the woman he is already so "perfect for"? that would be a meaningless learning circle on his behalf.

The answer Is in my opinion

Liz's lust will turn to love

Jack will learn to be the right man for Liz so that can happen

and Will..is going to learn that Liz is NOT the perfect match for him..its MORE than obvious by movie 2...he is going to turn BAD and selfish towards her..and probably realize that Liz is not right for him..

If they were so perfect for one another..why have Disney added this whole pointless disruption in the middle of the story where each character is changing..Just so it can end the same?? THAT IS NOT what happens in good stories

What happens is you start of with an equilibrium..then a disruption where people begin to change...and then a NEW equilibrium!..it very RARELY ends up the same where the characters start to change and then end up EXACTLY the same as they were before..

as in Will being honest and deserving of the woman

Jack being materialistic again

and Liz going back to married life!

why did you just start out on a whole adventure and learn ABSOLUTLLY NOTHING ABOUT YOURSELVES!?

lovethemtigers
Exactly, that's what I am saying...there is no way that any of this stuff can be true...why would they let all this stuff leak out...what would be the point? Keeptothecode sounds like it's full of Orlie fan girls - very young girls who haven't a clue about this very "adult" movie...which even the directors, writers and producers have said...that this trilogy is more adult, and not really a children's movie....and that AWE would be even more so adult than DMC....that part I believe cuz I read a Jerry B interview in a magazine....

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Exactly, that's what I am saying...there is no way that any of this stuff can be true...why would they let all this stuff leak out...what would be the point? Keeptothecode sounds like it's full of Orlie fan girls - very young girls who haven't a clue about this very "adult" movie...which even the directors, writers and producers have said...that this trilogy is more adult, and not really a children's movie....and that AWE would be even more so adult than DMC....that part I believe cuz I read a Jerry B interview in a magazine....

I agree..lol on that site the admin said she got 10 angry PMs because I was crushing their little dreams of a "typical ending" things NEVER end like that..and you are so right..its for ADULTS not kids..

jessigem

keeptothecode has more fangirls because it doesn't have those of you who come up with these brilliant theories.
seriously though, if both you(lovethemtigers) and lovelyone went over there and took some of us with you, then i bet you could turn that site in a new direction. it's mostly your brains(and the other people who look deep into the movie) that keep this forum from being stupid and fangirlish. dont get me wrong, i love will and jack and can most likely be classified as a fangirl. happybut its nice to read more mature conversations about the movie. it gets a little boring when all youre reading is "JACK AND WILL ARE SOOO HOT" all the time.

sailorleo
*eyes twitch* i know...tell me about it...sometimes it makes me feel ashamed to be a fan....

jessigem
i know im a fan. especially a fangirl. but i have other opinions besides the fact that i think OB and JD are hot. im sure everyone on here does big grin

CaptinJackLover
YUPP I know I do!

mmoviejunkie
i totally agree with you jessi
at first i saw this movie just because it was the thing to see, just looking at the surface of the movie
but then after finding this website i totally looked at the movie a whole different way
its such a relief to find people who actually care about the story and deeper meaning and not just johnny or orlando

jessigem
big grin
i feel so smart when someone agrees with me

CaptinJackLover
hahah well you should! smile

mmoviejunkie
lol

sailorleo
if everyone agreed to each other this wouldn't be much of a forum (is that what everyone's agrreing to do....)

ivebeendepped43
yeah, i agree.............whoops

LovelyOne
hmm..do you think Disney made that kiss between them so hot so that it couldnt be done between them again?.As in give us what we want early so that by movie 3 it can be Will/Liz

Or did they do that so it left us actually wanting more of that kind of stuff??

think about it when you have the trilogy boxset at home..you know there was that DAMN hot kiss at the end of movie 2..and in the end of the trilogy she chose Will? laughing out loud..when you look at that as a whole it AINT satisfying..its like..HUH??..why has it ended like that when there was SO much hotness between Jack/Liz in movie 2??

it was like that at the end of movie 1..people were like..Why is she not with Jack??

so thats why they added in the whole Jack/Liz chemistry in movie 2

and then go back to Will/Liz..people would be thinking Huh? why is she not with Jack?

it was a teasing moment..it was giving us a taster of how good a Jack/Liz ending would be..

diddly-dum
all ya just need to relax,.. sheesh

LovelyOne
nah the people at KTTC have peed me off..they are determined to believe that Will should get the happy ending..laughing out loud..and that Jack should settle for not getting love..which is what he wants the most in life..

diddly-dum
you guys are thinking too hard

PIRATES=SEX
Gosh, isn't it amazing how we now know everything that is going to happen in At World's End laughing out loud
then...in the end....Jack marries Will and Liz aboard the Black Pearl, while he sails off with Scarlett and Gizelle on each an arm... mad

So, since we know all this....what is the point in rushing out to see it when it comes out in May 2007...I think I'll just stay home and wait for the DVD...and the only ONLY reason I'll watch it...is just to see Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow one last time.

Gosh, Disney has just waisted alot of time and money letting the script leak, letting their workers tell about scenes they've seen being filmed...

Man, why did they even make DMC, what a waste of time, money, really...so everything that happened between Jack and Liz was just our imagination and it really was all about Liz realizing how much she loves Will...man I've totally interpreted this movie wrong...Well, then they should have just put her on the Flying Dutchman with Will or left her in Port Royal instead of getting our hopes up for nothing with all the great chemistry between Johnny and Keira....

Oh well, so DMC was just a filler...Gosh, can't believe Disney spent so much money and time on DMC just to confuse the audience and fill time to just go back to where they began...Will and LIz...and our hero Jack, going from woman to woman, wondering aimlessly around the Caribbean...what a horrible way to end it for the most notorious character in Hollywood history...This Trilogy did not evolve at all...they should have just stayed with POTC...and never continued the trilogy

Well....this is if you believe such things as what is posted on KeeptotheCode and some Johnny Depp message boards.....

To sum it up: I really don't believe Disney what let all this stuff leak out about their movie this far before it is released....especially the ending...

This is bullshit.

diddly-dum
whatch your language!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by PIRATES=SEX
This is bullshit.

not really it makes perfect sense

Did Liz start of with norrington have a moment where she's falling for will and then end up with norrington by the end of move 1? NO

so why should the Trilogy be any different

why has Liz started off with will..then started to fall for jack..and then return to will? thats what is bullshit love..

stories dont work like that..

and I hope Disney pick up on that too..otherwise they are going to screw up their trilogy..

Did Frodo start off at the shire...go through all that crap and decide to stay there in the end? NO

Does harry potter start and end exactly the same kind of person in each book...NOOOOO he doesnt..

willofthewisp
The things is, too many people see Will as the hero. They want him to have the happy ending. Jack is just the "Fonzie" of the series who steals the show and provides most of the action.
Is this true? No. Jack is the hero because he does all the hard work and shows that behind all his staggering around and clumsiness, he has a huge heart and never intended anything to happen to Will the entire time. But will most people see this and demand that Jack find true love? Probably not.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp
The things is, too many people see Will as the hero. They want him to have the happy ending. Jack is just the "Fonzie" of the series who steals the show and provides most of the action.
Is this true? No. Jack is the hero because he does all the hard work and shows that behind all his staggering around and clumsiness, he has a huge heart and never intended anything to happen to Will the entire time. But will most people see this and demand that Jack find true love? Probably not.

Jack Sparrow is the hero...will is a supporting actor......

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by PIRATES=SEX
This is bullshit.

what are you refering to - what is bullshit????

LovelyOne
exactly..will is gonna turn into a bad bad man me thinks he's gonna hurt Liz...but he will redeem himself..but people will be thinkin he is unworthy of her..so then the Jack/Liz thing can happen.

diddly-dum

you wanna know WHY we should go and see the 3rd movie. We should see to see if we were right! WHo knows,.. the wrong info may have leaked!

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by diddly-dum
you wanna know WHY we should go and see the 3rd movie. We should see to see if we were right! WHo knows,.. the wrong info may have leaked!

Guys chill out - I am being sarcastic if you will read the post...that's the point I am trying to get across - none of us know what is going to happen in POTC 3 - not really....even all the leaked information cannot be right...I just don't think Disney would want all this information leaked out before their movie is released.

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC..MEANING SINCE EVERYONE HAS ALREADY ASSUMED THEY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, WHAT'S THE POINT... Do you guys understand sarcasm.....all i'm saying is all the leaked information, I don't believe any of it...

Of course I'm going to see POTC 3 - I wouldn't miss out seeing Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow for anything in the world...whether he gets the girl or not...I'm just saying - to me - I think Jack and Elizabeth are soulmates....that Disney - if as an adult you can read into the movie's true meaning -I wanted Jack and Liz together in POTC 1 - but that's just me....but it will not be the end of the world if they make Liz go back to Will...it just seems like a less desirable ending to me, that's all....

Again, this was a sarcastic post...because some people out there think the leaked script and the witnessed scenes are in stone and that Jack will sail away at the end with Gizelle and Scarlett on each an arm....and I'm saying....I just can't believe that DIsney would let all this information out about their film....but I guess I could be wrong...just disappointed if it's true that we know the end before the movie even comes out...that's all I was trying to say, LovelyOne, Katelovespirates and others understood what I was saying....

LovelyOne
LOL i do laughing out loud..i was just telling whats herface off for being to nasty when you were only joking..

diddly-dum
I know,..

LovelyOne
LOL its so stupid..this whole movie has just raised the fact that Liz is starting to realizse she wants Jack..and the people on KTTC actually think that she's going to go back to being with William Turner after this realisation?

I just got shot down for saying that on there laughing out loud

diddly-dum

LovelyOne
stop spamming

naughty naughty!

oopps I spammed

diddly-dum
huh??

LovelyOne
spam..you know post meaningless posts like

loads of dots..

diddly-dum
no,.. i was thinking,....

mmoviejunkie
what's KTTC?

sailorleo
well think of it this way....which is more important...that jack gets lizzie or that he totally surprises us..?

LovelyOne
The way he would totaly surprise us is by giving something up for her that you dont usually come across every day

Jack is "materialistic" so if he chooses to love liz over something like "immortality" then that would be one massive surprise. apparently this theme is going to be in movie 3.

he's already starting to do this in movie 2..which surprised me a little bit.

willofthewisp
Sorry, but the more important thing to me is Jack getting Liz. Jack will always suprise us. He's unpredictable. He can still be unpredictable and give us surprises and win her. But, he can't always win Liz. That will be a one-chance thing.

lovethemtigers
This is funny - LOvelyOne on keep the code I just listed all the evidence from DMC that points to Disney wanting us to take notice of Liz/Jack and not one person responded - I was defending you - it's like as if I didn't even post....and what does one of those guys mean that he has an inside source...how do we know this is true....where's their proof....ya'll are right KTTC is boring...just like Will

Jacky Sparrow
Yeah. Stupid idiots:

Even on Wikipedia they have something about them written:

"The first fifty-seven pages of an early draft of the script have leaked online. Co-writer Ted Elliot confirmed on the website KeepToTheCode.com that this is a portion of an extremely early "budget draft" of the script, and while some of the broad strokes of the story are consistent with the final version, specific events and dialogue are very rough when compared with the final film, and these pages do not reflect the final film's writing or quality.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
Yeah. Stupid idiots:

Even on Wikipedia they have something about them written:

"The first fifty-seven pages of an early draft of the script have leaked online. Co-writer Ted Elliot confirmed on the website KeepToTheCode.com that this is a portion of an extremely early "budget draft" of the script, and while some of the broad strokes of the story are consistent with the final version, specific events and dialogue are very rough when compared with the final film, and these pages do not reflect the final film's writing or quality.

Thank goodness because that script is stinky and makes no sense and would be a flop if it appears as written not sure even Johnny could save that script.....its horrible...especially the part where it says:

OUr heroes flee down ramps....Will holds off a group, and then swings away on a rope---and comes face-to-face with Captain Sao Feng, Oh Shit. The two of them cross blades....

would they really right "oh Shit" into a script...gosh, ted and terry are falling in the writing department....

LovelyOne
Here's something similar. Remember Stifler from American Pie the wedding?

Well they needed to resolve his character..so they made it where he actually cares for a girl at he end. usually he was a womanizing careless ass. I was proud of his character at the end..it rounded off the trilogy nicely..he actually learned something..and it was satisfying. It didnt make his character eben less funy.he was still an ass to everyone else..but he was just better to one girl.

If a character like Jack just ends it where he is still the same..then it will feel very..unresolved if you know what I mean.

If stifler just ended it where he was still an ******* to women then I would be like...meh..where is the moral in the story? RESPECT WOMEN! laughing out loud

LovelyOne
LOL!

the people on KTTC have just TOTTALY been shaken up!

there is a hint of "change in the ending"

and its pointing to Jack/Liz apparently

unless this is just disney trying to trick us and they are really making it Will/Liz ggrr

or they are just trying to confuse everyone laughing out loud

LovelyOne
actually it seems as if its not jack or Will possibly norrington?

but then they may just be saying that to throw us all off the scene and it will be JACK!! big grin

Jacky Sparrow
Originally posted by LovelyOne
LOL!

unless this is just disney trying to trick us and they are really making it Will/Liz ggrr

Why? Because of that in Wikipedia?? I'm mean...so they have no basis on which they can creat the will/liz thing!!

blackpearl44
LOL!

Yea....the ending has probably been changed 5 times already laughing out loud

lovethemtigers
Wow - this would be great if the entire movie we are led to believe that Liz does love will...that there are some moments between Jack and Liz that are full of sexual tension...after the mother of all pirate battles....Liz still agrees to marry Will cuz she thinks Jack doesn't want her....and Jack is agreeing to marry them cuz he thinks Liz doesn't want him....Will has had a heart to heart with his dad and knows that Liz and Jack are in denial....and Just as Jack is about to marry Will and Liz...Will tells Liz he can't marry someone who's heart belongs to another man....then Will gracefully steps out and tells Jack and Liz they should be together....and Bootstraps is all proud of his son for doing the right thing....or something like that...I just think it will be hott if the whole movie the audience is led to believe it's a will/liz ending and then voila...it's a jack/liz ending.....I just can't see her going with Norrington..that 's a little weird = cuz she's never shown any interest in James Norrington.

sailorleo
Wow - this would be great if the entire movie we are led to believe that Liz does love will...that there are some moments between Jack and Liz that are full of sexual tension...after the mother of all pirate battles....Liz still agrees to marry Will cuz she thinks Jack doesn't want her....and Jack is agreeing to marry them cuz he thinks Liz doesn't want him....Will has had a heart to heart with his dad and knows that Liz and Jack are in denial....and Just as Jack is about to marry Will and Liz...Will tells Liz he can't marry someone who's heart belongs to another man....then Will gracefully steps out and tells Jack and Liz they should be together....and Bootstraps is all proud of his son for doing the right thing....or something like that...I just think it will be hott if the whole movie the audience is led to believe it's a will/liz ending and then voila...it's a jack/liz ending.....I just can't see her going with Norrington..that 's a little weird = cuz she's never shown any interest in James Norrington. yeah that's REALLY her problem b/c James is smoking!

LovelyOne
exactly why is Liz learning to love Will when she ALREADY loves will? LMFAO

what was the POINT in that journey?

and lovethemtigers I saw your post..everyone was silent laughing out loud

ivebeendepped43
lol

lovethemtigers
exactly why is Liz learning to love Will when she ALREADY loves will? LMFAO

what was the POINT in that journey?

and lovethemtigers I saw your post..everyone was silent laughing out loud

Yes, isn't it funny - I made that big post about all the clues that point to Jack and Liz and not one person responded, not one...I am totally ignored on that site...I feel so dejected sad not really big grin those people on that thread are clueless....

i love the poll on keep the code... after I voted it was 69% for Jack and Liz and 31% for Will and Liz....so.....this seems to me that more people want a jack/liz ending....which is really the only one that makes sense after seeing DMC....and reading between the lines and picking up on all the clues, theories and symbolisms that Terry and Ted have embedded into this story...

willofthewisp
So I want to hear more about this new draft of the script. Where are you seeing things that suggest a different ending than the Will/Liz ending, because if you tell me, and I go on there and see it, and the source is credible and it's unchanging, I will owe you the biggest hug ever.
So Jack will be fitting the changes Han Solo and Stifler have made. I'm trying to think if there's anyone else that stands out...well, the Beast definitely learns to love Belle and comes around. This is a little backward, but it happens in The Crucible too. Let's hope they got this draft right.

sailorleo
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So I want to hear more about this new draft of the script. Where are you seeing things that suggest a different ending than the Will/Liz ending, because if you tell me, and I go on there and see it, and the source is credible and it's unchanging, I will owe you the biggest hug ever.
So Jack will be fitting the changes Han Solo and Stifler have made. I'm trying to think if there's anyone else that stands out...well, the Beast definitely learns to love Belle and comes around. This is a little backward, but it happens in The Crucible too. Let's hope they got this draft right. ...oh god, not the crucible....NO!!!!!!!!!! runs away.....

lovethemtigers
And the old argument of "What Will Happen to Poor Will" if Jack gets the girl...well, really, who cares...Jack is all that matters because he is the Pirates of The Caribbean.....Will is no pirate, try as he might...he'll never be a pirate like Jack....Will needs to find him a nice, sweet girl...not one as wild, changing and untameable as the sea...or as unpredictable as Elizabeth...It's funny...someone on that other forum argues that Jack and Liz could never be together because they are too much alike...they could never trust each other...they can never know what the other one is up to....I disagree big time...but you can't argue with those people over there...they are still focused on POTC 1 and refuse to look at the clues, evidence, etc. in DMC...Jack and Liz - that's what makes them so interesting...the way they think alike...the way they know each other....Liz and Jack trust each other - unconditionally....that's why Jack gave Liz his prized compass...that's why Liz believed everything Jack told her...that's why she clings to his leg...that's why he comes back for her...and that's why he is resigned to his destiny instead of fighting it - when she chains him to the mast....Jack and Liz will forever be interesting ...because of their unpredictable natures....

willofthewisp
Sing it, lovethemtigers! You are so right.
But I do care about Will, in spite of it all. He's become the underdog in the series, and I always root for the underdog. Jack has won Liz's heart, enough said. But Will doesn't deserve to be lonely. Let him meet a nice girl like what you suggested.
By the way, for anyone who hasn't, POTC 4 on this thread gives him the soulmate he's been longing for!

ivebeendepped43
yeah! i agree!!!

reine_mk
you guys.... as we all now, Keira demanded to get a kiss scene in DMC from writers!! If the kiss wasn't in DmC, maybe there wouldn't be any reason to link Jack/Liz , yeah, I mean, kiss was the most important proof of their "connection", WASN'T IT ?!!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by reine_mk
you guys.... as we all now, Keira demanded to get a kiss scene in DMC from writers!! If the kiss wasn't in DmC, maybe there wouldn't be any reason to link Jack/Liz , yeah, I mean, kiss was the most important proof of their "connection", WASN'T IT ?!!

we dealt with this argument about a month ago, in a thread about whether Disney would really change their plans to satisfy a whiny actress. the kiss was not Keira's idea. Nor was it the most important proof of their connection. it was the climax of the connection for 2, and it set up the cliffhanger. without the kiss, the jack/liz vs. jack/will debate would be pretty similar, IMO.

seriously i SOOOOO agree with you all.. who cares about Will...LOL....

and KTTC needs you guys to continue to shake it up. lol.

i can totally see liz marrying norrington. that would be hilarious. and we all know she would be sneaking off to see jack all the time anyways. hehehe

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by reine_mk

She asked, she didn't demand....the DMC writers had put it in the script and then took it out and then she asked for it to be put back in....and even without the kiss...we would still be arguing for a Jack/Liz pairing..because the kiss, as katelovespirate says, was only the climax...there are numerous clues pointing to jack and liz...besides the Davy Jones scene...evey other scene in POTC/DMC revolves around Jack and Liz - their flirting and growing attaction for each other - we are not saying it's love yet - but it's getting there...all great, strong loves start with an attraction that is strong...and chemistry....and besides...I wanted Jack to get Liz in POTC 1 - I've never been a fan of Will/Liz - I just accepted it at the end of POTC 1 and was like oh well, it's great to watch Johnny as Jack, the movie would have been better if Liz would have left with Jack in the end and shocked everyone...but oh well...at least Johnny was great to look at and he was a wonderfully, funny and delightful to watch as Jack Sparrow....

willofthewisp
I would have asked to kiss Johnny too.

Jacky Sparrow
who not?

lovethemtigers
I would be asking for more, too, and more than just one...real, sexy, hot, passionate kisses in POTC 3....

ivebeendepped43
omg, totally! if i was in aa movie /w Johnny i would require a long, passionate,ssexxi,loving,real,beautiful kiss from him!!!

lovethemtigers
I would be like "please don't make me kiss that ole ugly Orlando anymore...I only want to kiss Johnny....PLEASE...besides it's what the audience wants...they want me to kiss Johnny, not Orlando...Orlando and I are old news...but Johnny and I...we are HOTT. We must give the audience what they want...."

ivebeendepped43
exactly!!!!!!!!!

T.Maria
I think part of the whole attraction for J?E is the fact that we have SEEN it grow...

with elizabeth and Will we were given it all on a plate from the beginning of POTC1 because it basically set the story;

Will wanted elizabeth...elizabeth wanted will....cliche
Elizabeth gets captured....will wants to rescue her...cliche

The developement of elizabeth and jacks relationship started when he rescued her from drowning...and we SAW the connection straight away.

We knew this was going to be one rough ride for us...

and it has been wonderful to watch it all unfold...because this is OUR love story, not one that was handed to us by the writers as part of a main plot so they could actually give the characters a reason to meet eachother and go on an adventure to rescue the woman of a man's dreams... (^^^ POTC1)

....not one that the writers really thought about writing in POTC1...this is something that everyone only realised when they had watched the first film...and then the writers were kind enough to give us more chemistry.smile

They really are cherubs smile

ATM i dont believe spoilers...i only go by any interview stuff i read....its the safest way to keep my brain from frying with useless fake information smile

ivebeendepped43
lol totally

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.