How did you become Christian ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
If you are Christian, were Christian, whatever...how did it come to be ?

I used to be Christian....I look back now and realize it was only for two reasons:

1) I needed something to beleive in. I felt like I had no power at all. Beleiving in a superior force that cared about me made me feel safer, more secure, more powerful, and gave me a sense of a guarantee to some sort of happiness....

2) I was taught to beleive by family, freinds, and school.

Well..things happened, and I'm Agnostic now...I duno, i guess i just GREW UP or something....

Okay that sounds mean....but seriously...to be dead honest: I just became more confident as I got older. I got better looking, I filled out, people started to treat me different and I no longer felt socially anxious. My depression slowly withered away...and I started doing things for myself instead of praying to God for everything to go my way (none of the prayers actually worked...well maybe some did, but I'll never know, will I ?)

I am a lot happier now than I ever was before....that could be for many reasons, I am not blaming Christianity for any of my past suffering.

All I am saying is that Christianity did not work to help bring "fulfillment" into my life. Not at all. It didnt truly make me any happier, it didn't make me love myself or anyone else any more than I already did, it didn't bring up my confidense, pretty much nothing....it made no contribution to my mental health.....

I just felt like "God was teasing me"...promising me a life of completeness, of deliverance from "evil and suffering"....didn't happen. I stopped beleiving two years ago...and sorry but...coincidently, I am a much happier and more secure person now than before....

Well enough about me.....I'm sure Christianity works for some of you guys....tell me. What is your story ? How did you become a Christian, and how is your life now because of it ?

§P0oONY
Grandfather is a Vicar... So I was pretty much born into it... I don't think I ever believed it though.

Lord Urizen

Imperial_Samura
Depends - I would only have been a Christian in terms of one of my parents is (my mother, my father being an Atheist.) But then I have always questioned the claim that one if "born" into religion...

Alliance
I was told I was Christian...congregationalist actually...I never was.

debbiejo
I was raised a Christian and started to see the hypocrisy of it all, then when I got older studied different religions and beliefs and denominations...........once I did that I saw that it was a hoax.

Alliance
My mind was pre-programmed not to accept religous dogma...especially montheistic junk.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
My mind was pre-programmed not to accept religous dogma...especially montheistic junk.

Yeah...why beleive in one God, when you can beleive in many >?

Alliance
Montheism always had much more of an exotic appeal to it.

Gods are crap. The Greek gods are the best though, because they are intelligent...and have points. GOOD points at that. And the sotries were composed by intellectuals and not impoverised dumb sand-crunchers.

Lord Urizen
Montheism always had much more of an exotic appeal to it.

Gods are crap. The Greek gods are the best though, because they are intelligent...and have points. GOOD points at that. And the sotries were composed by intellectuals and not impoverised dumb sand-crunchers.

The Greek Gods are hott droolio

JesusIsAlive
Some people who claim to be happier now that they are not followers of Jesus say this because they do not want to live a life responsible toward God. They can do any thing that they want as such because they are not accountable to anyone or anything. To them this is bliss. "Do what I want (so long as it doesn't violate any man-made laws they may think to themselves)." That is all it is: a sefl-centered life that leads to indulgence in sin. Sin is pleasurable (the Bible says so) that is why people who turn their backs on God and live a life of self-centeredness and sin can say, "I'm happier...." Gratifying the flesh makes your flesh happy. That is all there is to it. But know this:

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Some people who claim to be happier now that they are not followers of Jesus say this because they do not want to live a life responsible toward God. They can do any thing that they want as such because they are not accountable to anyone or anything. To them this is bliss. "Do what I want (so long as it doesn't violate any man-made laws they may think to themselves)." That is all it is: a sefl-centered life that leads to indulgence in sin. Sin is pleasurable (the Bible says so) that is why people who turn their backs on God and live a life of self-centeredness and sin and can say, "I'm happier...." Gratifying the flesh makes you flesh happy. That is all there is to it.

o0o0o00o0o You know me SO WELL roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please JIA...get over yourself. You don't have Omniscience, cuz you lack simple common sense....and that's the first step.

My current happiness has nothing to do with that. I am a lot happier now, because I accept who I am, I love who I am, and I feel a lot more powerful than I ever had my entire life.

I don't need another to secure me, I don't need to rely on constant positive feedback anymore, and I don't need to beleive in a fairy tale any more to justify why horrible things happen on this Earth....

While my years as being a Christian I was miserable....can you somehow explain that for me ?

FeceMan
I sliced flesh and sinew until rivers of crimson flowed, streaming across the floor and into the drain, and I saw the image of Christ--looking like a lamb so sacrificed--therewithin.

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
The Greek Gods are hott droolio

Yes...and who can deny that wan't sex with a god?

Lord Urizen
Yes...and who can deny that wan't sex with a god?

NOT I

Alliance
Not I either.

chez
I was born into a Christian family, but now it's up to me to decide what I believe. For me, that's Jesus.

Capt_Fantastic
Some people who claim to be happier now that they are not followers of Jesus say this because they do not want to live a life responsible toward God. They can do any thing that they want as such because they are not accountable to anyone or anything. To them this is bliss. "Do what I want (so long as it doesn't violate any man-made laws they may think to themselves)." That is all it is: a sefl-centered life that leads to indulgence in sin. Sin is pleasurable (the Bible says so) that is why people who turn their backs on God and live a life of self-centeredness and sin can say, "I'm happier...." Gratifying the flesh makes your flesh happy. That is all there is to it. But know this:

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

"Do what I want" is a reality of the catch 22 that is built into christian religions. Free will is a b*tch when it gets in the way of herding the sheep. You still don't seem to understand that your infallible god created evil as well as good and righteousness. So, if he's just the scientist watching the rat traverse the maze, then I say "Fu*k him"...middle finger and all.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
"Do what I want" is a reality of the catch 22 that is built into christian religions. Free will is a b*tch when it gets in the way of herding the sheep. You still don't seem to understand that your infallible god created evil as well as good and righteousness. So, if he's just the scientist watching the rat traverse the maze, then I say "Fu*k him"...middle finger and all.

Why are you so bitter, angry, mad at the world and practically incapable of responding to my posts without uttering profanity of some kind. That is why I called your responses infantile and sophmoric. Read Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary's definition for sophmoric.

~Flamboyant~
Why are you so bitter, angry, mad at the world and practically incapable of responding to my posts without uttering profanity of some kind. That is why I called your responses infantile and sophmoric. Read Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary's definition for sophmoric. What does sophmoric mean? I'm gonna be a sophmore in High School. Is that bad?

JaehSkywalker
I became a Christian because I finally thought about what would happen after i die. I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour and now i'm sure am goin to heaven! smile

this is still what this thread is for.. right?

xmarksthespot
Why are you so bitter, angry, mad at the world and practically incapable of responding to my posts without uttering profanity of some kind. That is why I called your responses infantile and sophmoric. Read Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary's definition for sophmoric. He'll be searching Webster's for a while considering "sophmoric" isn't a word.

If you're going to use the thesaurus to try and insult people, maybe you should learn to use the spellcheck too.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
What does sophmoric mean? I'm gonna be a sophmore in High School. Is that bad?

No it is not bad Flam. As far as what does it mean: I am going to tell you like my older brother used to tell me whenever I asked him a question: look it up. He always knew the answer to my questions but that taught me to be more resourceful and self-reliant.

JaehSkywalker
JIA, juz wondering. in what age group are you?

xmarksthespot
My guess? Ages 12 to religious fanatic.

Alliance
or ages religious psycho to demoic?

JaehSkywalker
ermm

Alliance
The answer is apparently not to the left.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
My guess? Ages 12 to religious fanatic.

It is Jesusboy to you.

JaehSkywalker
so how old are you?

Alliance
It is Jesusboy to you. boy...this leads me to believe you are 7 years of age.

I think this is an astute estimate based upon...well...your history.

JaehSkywalker
ermm

he's not actually answering is he....

Alliance
likely not. He usually never answers anyone. Ever

JaehSkywalker
JIA!!!

he could just say he doesn't wanna tell or whatever...

*shrug*

its only one itsy bitsy number!

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
JIA!!!

he could just say he doesn't wanna tell or whatever...

*shrug*

its only one itsy bitsy number!

I sent you a private message woman.

JaehSkywalker
I sent you a private message woman.

just received it.

and you could call me by my username... right... roll eyes (sarcastic)

ermm

Lord Urizen
It is Jesusboy to you.

Did somebody say Jesus Juice ???? droolio

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
I became a Christian because I finally thought about what would happen after i die. I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour and now i'm sure am goin to heaven! smile

this is still what this thread is for.. right?

So you became a Christian out of fear ?

And as for part 2, how has being a Christian impacted your life ? That's the second part of the thread.....

JesusIsAlive
It is Jesusboy to you.

I was mocking Gregory (in good Christian love and fun of course. He called me Jesusboy to slight me).

Lord Urizen
I was mocking Gregory (in good Christian love and fun of course. He called me Jesusboy to slight me).

You don't have to justify it JIA....you did nothing wrong, so please....

BTW, how old r u ?

Alliance

HA! and slighted you were.

Rogue Jedi

I used to be Christian....I look back now and realize it was only for two reasons:

1) I needed something to beleive in. I felt like I had no power at all. Beleiving in a superior force that cared about me made me feel safer, more secure, more powerful, and gave me a sense of a guarantee to some sort of happiness....

Well..things happened, and I'm Agnostic now...I duno, i guess i just GREW UP or something....

Okay that sounds mean....but seriously...to be dead honest: I just became more confident as I got older. I got better looking, I filled out, people started to treat me different and I no longer felt socially anxious. My depression slowly withered away...and I started doing things for myself instead of praying to God for everything to go my way (none of the prayers actually worked...well maybe some did, but I'll never know, will I ?)

I am a lot happier now than I ever was before....that could be for many reasons, I am not blaming Christianity for any of my past suffering.

All I am saying is that Christianity did not work to help bring "fulfillment" into my life. Not at all. It didnt truly make me any happier, it didn't make me love myself or anyone else any more than I already did, it didn't bring up my confidense, pretty much nothing....it made no contribution to my mental health.....

I just felt like "God was teasing me"...promising me a life of completeness, of deliverance from "evil and suffering"....didn't happen. I stopped beleiving two years ago...and sorry but...coincidently, I am a much happier and more secure person now than before....

Well enough about me.....I'm sure Christianity works for some of you guys....tell me. What is your story ? How did you become a Christian, and how is your life now because of it ?
i was raised a christian. i didnt take itntoo seriously until my early twenties, when some things happened to me that opened my eyes.

Imperial_Samura
Some people who claim to be happier now that they are not followers of Jesus say this because they do not want to live a life responsible toward God. They can do any thing that they want as such because they are not accountable to anyone or anything. To them this is bliss. "Do what I want (so long as it doesn't violate any man-made laws they may think to themselves)." That is all it is: a sefl-centered life that leads to indulgence in sin. Sin is pleasurable (the Bible says so) that is why people who turn their backs on God and live a life of self-centeredness and sin can say, "I'm happier...." Gratifying the flesh makes your flesh happy. That is all there is to it. .

Do you have some sort of philosophical or psychological proof to verify that?

Other then the claims of a self promoting religious text that is? So proof that the happiness or joy or contentment of a Non-Christian is less valid or less real then that of a Christian? It shows woeful ignorance to claim that the happiness of a nonbeliever is somehow a shallow thing of sinful flesh. No accuracy in that at all.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

Other then the claims of a self promoting religious text that is? So proof that the happiness or joy or contentment of a Non-Christian is less valid or less real then that of a Christian? It shows woeful ignorance to claim that the happiness of a nonbeliever is somehow a shallow thing of sinful flesh. No accuracy in that at all.
so if a guy gets lucky and gets laid, he is not happy?

Alliance
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

pretty shallow definition of happiness.

Rogue Jedi
i never said it was the only definition, just one of many.
let me put it this way. you and i are in a bar. a gorgeous chick comes over. i try my best to mack on her, but she chooses you. she takes you home, does you 6 ways from sunday. are you happy about this?

Alliance
happy about the event yes...but that does not mean i have achived happiness.

There is a difference between the emotion and the state of being.

Rogue Jedi
emotion and state of being are indeed different. a person can be clinically depressed and still be happy for a few seconds.

Alliance
Yes. Hence...my points ^^^

Imperial_Samura

First, don't mistake physical pleasure for happiness. Usually the two can be related, but not always,

And? A Christian does the same thing - is he not happy? Are you implying the only way a non-Christian gets happy is by sleeping around? Do you truly believe that the sole avenue of happiness for a person is God, and if you don't have god you can only be happy through less valid means like debauchery?

JaehSkywalker
So you became a Christian out of fear ?

no. I decided to follow Jesus... It's a choice i could make right?

Rogue Jedi
First, don't mistake physical pleasure for happiness. Usually the two can be related, but not always,

And? A Christian does the same thing - is he not happy? Are you implying the only way a non-Christian gets happy is by sleeping around? Do you truly believe that the sole avenue of happiness for a person is God, and if you don't have god you can only be happy through less valid means like debauchery?
dude, you are reading WAY too much into my posts. all i am saying is that sex can lead to happiness. so can eating chocolate cake. so can finding money. so can playing xbox.

Alliance
Those things can make you happy, but they will not lead to happines..

Imperial_Samura
dude, you are reading WAY too much into my posts. all i am saying is that sex can lead to happiness. so can eating chocolate cake. so can finding money. so can playing xbox.

Progression: JesusIsAlive makes a post about how real happiness is with God, that people without God might think they are happy but it really is just indulgent sin making you happy because sin is pleasurable.

I respond that it is a load of garbage and ask for some proof beyond the claim of the Bible that the happiness of a non-believer is less valid or worthy then that of a believer.

You respond with don't I think a guy getting laid is going to be happy. For logical reasons it seems you are suggesting that pleasures of the flesh are the way of the subject.

I respond yes, of course it can make a person happy and ask are you saying a nonbeliever only gets happy with pleasures of the flesh and misses out on other forms of happy.

You respond I am reading to much into your posts and list a number of things that can make a person feel good and might lead to happiness.

I now respond with "So what on earth point are you trying to make and what does this have to do with what I asked JIA?"

Rogue Jedi
Progression: JesusIsAlive makes a post about how real happiness is with God, that people without God might think they are happy but it really is just indulgent sin making you happy because sin is pleasurable.

I respond that it is a load of garbage and ask for some proof beyond the claim of the Bible that the happiness of a non-believer is less valid or worthy then that of a believer.

You respond with don't I think a guy getting laid is going to be happy. For logical reasons it seems you are suggesting that pleasures of the flesh are the way of the subject.

I respond yes, of course it can make a person happy and ask are you saying a nonbeliever only gets happy with pleasures of the flesh and misses out on other forms of happy.

You respond I am reading to much into your posts and list a number of things that can make a person feel good and might lead to happiness.

I now respond with "So what on earth point are you trying to make and what does this have to do with what I asked JIA?"
no, non believers get just as much pleasure out of sex as believers do. did i say otherwise?
you guys were talking about pleasuring flesh, so i just commented. dont get your panties in a bunch.

Imperial_Samura
no, non believers get just as much pleasure out of sex as believers do. did i say otherwise?
you guys were talking about pleasuring flesh, so i just commented. dont get your panties in a bunch.

?

I never said he or she didn't or wouldn't. In fact I am fairly sure I was saying, in effect, that there is no proof what so ever that the a nonbeliever is incapable of achieve equal or greater happiness then a believer, or that it is just as valid.

It was the other side that was somehow making out Christian happiness is a higher form of happiness. Higher then a nonbelievers happiness.

Alliance

I'm not wearing panties.

Its a valid point. Happy does not mean happiness.

Rogue Jedi
you know you are wearing a pink thong, you sexy stallion. msn-wink

Lord Urizen
i was raised a christian. i didnt take itntoo seriously until my early twenties, when some things happened to me that opened my eyes.

Share with us....what opened your eyes ? This sounds interesting...

Lord Urizen

JIA's full of shit, i stopped listening to his ignorant ass a long time ago...

Rogue Jedi
Share with us....what opened your eyes ? This sounds interesting...
well, its real personal and i'll pm you if you want, but only on your word not to share it. embarrasment

Lord Urizen
well, its real personal and i'll pm you if you want, but only on your word not to share it. embarrasment

If it's juicy, I'm going to tell everyone on KMC

lol dude im playing...u can PM me, don't worry i wont say shit..im not like that. I truly want to know what happens to a person that makes them so strongly beleive in something they can't prove.

tell me your story, and ill tell you mine in full detail...you'll know exactly why im agnostic and no longer Christian, etc.

Or in other words...Show me yours, I'll show you mine droolio

Alliance
grow up. yes and keep it in your pants where it belongs.

Templares
I was raised a Catholic; even have plans of becoming a priest but found out that atheism is my cupof tea.

Alliance
What flavor?

Templares
Lemon flavored. laughing out loud

Alliance
Atheism...like lemon tea. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
My background is kind of more complicated as far as religion goes.

Some of my family are Orthodox Christians, some were heavely influenced by Islamic teachings and Islam, others were pure pagans.
My grandad was a communist so he wasn't religious for a large part of his life.

I was brought up to believe in God, but thought that it doesn't matter how he is worshiped, or how he is called (God, Allah or Krishna), since its all the same thing.
I later released its all metaphorical.

I was also brought up with a lot of my countries ancient pagan traditions and beliefs - from astrology readings, to magic, whichraft, fortune telling, tarot...etc

So, I was exposed to a lot of religions and customs, and seen the good and the bad sides of all, first hand.
I was never purely either religion, nor was I told I am one or the other.

That kind of gave me a lot of space to make my own decision. So my belief is influenced by everything.

Eis
I was raised Catholic and I believed in the Catholic Church until I was 11 or 12.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
My background is kind of more complicated as far as religion goes.

Some of my family are Orthodox Christians, some were heavely influenced by Islamic teachings and Islam, others were pure pagans.
My grandad was a communist so he wasn't religious for a large part of his life.

I was brought up to believe in God, but thought that it doesn't matter how he is worshiped, or how he is called (God, Allah or Krishna), since its all the same thing.
I later released its all metaphorical.

I was also brought up with a lot of my countries ancient pagan traditions and beliefs - from astrology readings, to magic, whichraft, fortune telling, tarot...etc

So, I was exposed to a lot of religions and customs, and seen the good and the bad sides of all, first hand.
I was never purely either religion, nor was I told I am one or the other.

That kind of gave me a lot of space to make my own decision. So my belief is influenced by everything.

I think that proves you are more open minded than anybody on this thread so far....

lil bitchiness
I'd like to think I am open minded, but I have set ideas about certain things, I guess.

Thats why my ideas of Hell and God are so varied. I was never told hell is a pit fire. I was always told of possibility of re-incarnation.

When I was little, my mom read me a book 'paralel world'. I remember it still. It broke my dieas of afterlife and religion into a sea of possibilities.

Meh, in that retrospect, I despise ''this is the only single true way'' type of thinking, found in Abrahamic religions.

Alliance
I am clerly against "the one true path."

While liking the idea of many paths, i still am troubled by the idea of god...even if its metaphorical...

I was brought up congregationalist. It was the most a-religious church I've known. While sermons came from the bible, the entire emphsis was on community and how to be a good citizen in community. Basically, I was trained in civil responsbility. My church continuously offered seminars on other religions, which I attended, and I was introduced to other religions secondhand thoruh reading.

I never bought the Christian mythology, but I though other mythology was cool (but still never bought into it). In high school, through reading literature, i was introduced to many various polticial and spiritual philosophies. These severly shcaped my opinions on life (romanticism, trancendentalism, liberalism, eaglatarianism, militarism, nihilism, classicism) My sense of mystery and enlightenment comes from humans, scicene and nature.

The closest thing i have to religion is politics, but I'l still a very spiritual person (spiritual as in the feeling of awe at life). The only redeeming aspect of religion is its philosophy (ok...its a BIG aspect). Which i can take from anwhere, anytime, and combine it with philosophy from any other source to create my code of living.

MJOILNIR
I was raised in a not so Christian family. Some where, most where not. I was raised in rural Appalachia. Its primarily baptist where I'm from. Though the baptist denomination doesn't really appeal to me. I was also raised by people much older than typical parents. I was raised by folks born around the early 1900's(which may as well be early 1800's by everyone else's reckoning) which were very superstitious. Reading signs, planting crops by the signs, haints and even what some would call "granny magic". Healing with herbs ect. I have come over the years to be Christian like in my views. No one has forced it on me. I find the 10 commandments (most of them anyway wink ) make me a better person. I have also developed an interest in Catholicism. I still hold on to some of the old beliefs I was taught as a child as well. I also firmly believe in peoples right to chose, you know. You do your thing Ill do mine. I beleive in evolution but I believe it was gods way. Heaven and hell also have different meanings for me. Faith......Well either you have it or you dont I guess...

debbiejo
Did I read this thread already??? Don't remember so, but havent been here lots............ok why did I become a christian when I WAS...It was my family and church, and oh my god.............I really didn't want to go to hell for eternity, nor my family or friends............no one.............no one................ever................. sad

Eis
happy about the event yes...but that does not mean i have achived happiness.

There is a difference between the emotion and the state of being.
Am I missing something here? Happiness is the state of being happy, if a phisical act like sex makes you happy then you have achieved happiness when you are having sex.

We are talking about happiness here not nirvana.

Council#13
How did I become Christian?

Well, the priest tried drowning me in a marble tub of water. When that didn't work, he tried pouring it down my throat, but accidentally poured it on my forehead.

lord xyz

Well enough about me.....I'm sure Christianity works for some of you guys....tell me. What is your story ? How did you become a Christian, and how is your life now because of it ? My parents baptised me, expecting me to be christian, but I never really believed in it.

Alliance
Originally posted by Council#13
How did I become Christian?

Well, the priest tried drowning me in a marble tub of water. When that didn't work, he tried pouring it down my throat, but accidentally poured it on my forehead.

laughing

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Eis
Am I missing something here? Happiness is the state of being happy, if a phisical act like sex makes you happy then you have achieved happiness when you are having sex.

We are talking about happiness here not nirvana.

Yeah, happiness comes and goes. It's not this achievable "state" you obtain towards the end of your life. Everyone has felt it, and everyone will feel it again and again.

Alliance
well...there is Happiness...which can be taken (like in Buddhism for example) to mean a total permenant state of self-fufilment.

Then there is happiness the emotion (like in sex).

debbiejo
I agree very much with Lil B. though I was raised in a very strong religious pentecostal atmosphere...........but yet in studying religions I find that the metaphysical is really the true path that the ancient did know about, even bible writers did know, yet didn't quite understand it........There is No god or devil, no demons nor hell or heaven for that matter...........we all just go back to where we came from...........and for that reason it is all up to debate why we do...........everything is energy and is all part of THE ONE, WHETHER IT IS NEGATIVE OF POSITIVE....and those are only labels we give them......who knows if a negative is really a road to a POSITIVE?...

Alliance
you don't

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
I agree very much with Lil B. though I was raised in a very strong religious pentecostal atmosphere...........but yet in studying religions I find that the metaphysical is really the true path that the ancient did know about, even bible writers did know, yet didn't quite understand it........There is No god or devil, no demons nor hell or heaven for that matter...........we all just go back to where we came from...........and for that reason it is all up to debate why we do...........everything is energy and is all part of THE ONE, WHETHER IT IS NEGATIVE OF POSITIVE....and those are only labels we give them......who knows if a negative is really a road to a POSITIVE?...

You are entitled to your own opinion. But I believe otherwise. The Bible states that the fool has said in his (or her) heart that there is no God. I agree with God.

Alliance
laughing We are entitled to our own opinions, but were just fools and should burn?

Thats not liberty. Thats mideval philosopy...

Some of us actaully learned from the enlightenment.

Shakyamunison
You are entitled to your own opinion. But I believe otherwise. The Bible states that the fool has said in his (or her) heart that there is no God. I agree with God.

I do not say there is no God, what I say is the bible is filled with lies. The bible's interpretation of God is narrow and limited.

Alliance
How about every interpretation fo God is narrow and limited?

debbiejo
you don't What do you mean ther bud??
QUOTE=7345812]Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
You are entitled to your own opinion. But I believe otherwise. The Bible states that the fool has said in his (or her) heart that there is no God. I agree with God. I never said there was NO god..............guess I'm not a fool, cause only a fool would not see it........

Alliance
confused

I said you don't knwo if a negative path leads to positive things or not.

JesusIsAlive
What do you mean ther bud??
QUOTE=7345812]Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
You are entitled to your own opinion. But I believe otherwise. The Bible states that the fool has said in his (or her) heart that there is no God. I agree with God. I never said there was NO god..............guess I'm not a fool, cause only a fool would not see it........

My dearest, dearest Debbijoe (well not my Debbijoe but you know what I mean), actually you did deny that there was a god (I usually capitalize the g in God but I am using it the way that you posted it here). Here is a copy of your post in this thread.

I rest my case. But we still luhh ya.

Alliance
He still cant spell your name right.

Imperial_Samura
He still cant spell your name right.

It's funny because it is true.

He is persistent in his misspelling of it. I barely notice these days.

Alliance
It always makes me laugh.

He just seems ignorant...kind his like his "yo comprehendo" comment.

HA!

Imperial_Samura
It always makes me laugh.

He just seems ignorant...kind his like his "yo comprehendo" comment.

HA!

I'd like to see him post some Bible quotes in Latin, though for some reason I expect it would look a lot more like badly done Pig Latin.

Alliance
Not surprising....I was singing in latin earlier this evening...and then I switched to Mando'a. messed

Darth_Erebus
I was raised a christian. But then I opened my eyes and realized it was man who created god.

debbiejo
I mean there is no god or devil as is stated by St. Paul the bible man..........He sooooooooo screwed up, muchly...with his cult teachings. I do however believe there is SOMETHING. If you look at many of my posts I either call it god/spirit/force/intelligence......

confused

I said you don't knwo if a negative path leads to positive things or not. Wowzers..........sorry.. laughing out loud

Alliance
laughing out loud np.

Atlantis001
One answer that can be applied to almost everyone is "Because everyone else was".

Mr. Sandman
I was born into it sort of.

Then I went to public school and around 4th grade I went back because a friend was Christian and I was attending Christian school anyway from 3rd grade to 12th, but at 6th grade my friend started swaying and by 7th he converted to Islam, so I didn't have a reason to go to Church anymore and stopped believing.

I fell asleep through every sermon anyway. I haven't been smited yet, so I think I'm ok.

Lord Urizen
I rest my case. But we still luhh ya.

I doubt she wants or needs your kind of Love. no

Alliance
or luhh.

wavecatcher88
Yes actually there is such thing as a book that demonists follow as there bible. its very demonic and dangerous...

lord xyz
I was raised a Christian and started to see the hypocrisy of it all, then when I got older studied different religions and beliefs and denominations...........once I did that I saw that it was a hoax. That's pretty much the same with me. But I wasn't raised christian, I just live in a Christian place.

debbiejo
Actually Christians don't see how really pagan they are. Even what they call prayers are actually the same as what others would call spells.

Alliance
They they do try to invoke good test scores and touchdown passes.

Lord Urizen
Actually Christians don't see how really pagan they are. Even what they call prayers are actually the same as what others would call spells.

The worst thing is that Christians actually think they OWN the concept and ceremony of marriage....they dont even realize that the existance of marriage preceded thier religion.

Alliance
And they don't realize that marriage takes place in a state office.

Lord Urizen
And they don't realize that marriage takes place in a state office.

I know...they seriously beleive that marriage was THIER IDEA laughing

They also think that GOD was there idea ! eek!

Alliance
Thats because many are 1234

Lord Urizen
Thats because many are 1234

I agree. How sad. sad

lord xyz
The Quran describes Christians as Pagans believe it or not! eek!

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lord xyz
The Quran describes Christians as Pagans believe it or not! eek!

Christians ARE Pagans....as are Muslims.

debbiejo
They they do try to invoke good test scores and touchdown passes. They also pray evil against others in the name of god. Example: They pray that god will do what ever it takes (bad luck) to come upon another until they come back to a certain faith......Christians pray for evil in the name of god!!!!

-hh-
i was born an Apostolic Christian due to my cultural background, and i still am Apostolic Christian.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism etc...i do not discriminate any religion. All are unique and i have enjoyed learning about each one.

One thing I truely dislike is when an individual says he or she is "Christian, or Muslim or whatever" BUT knows absolutley NOTHING about their own faith.

The teachings of each are very philosophical, and even if you dont believe in any of them, it's always good to understand the perspective of another man's faith.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by -hh-
i was born an Apostolic Christian due to my cultural background, and i still am Apostolic Christian.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism etc...i do not discriminate any religion. All are unique and i have enjoyed learning about each one.

One thing I truely dislike is when an individual says he or she is "Christian, or Muslim or whatever" BUT knows absolutley NOTHING about their own faith.

The teachings of each are very philosophical, and even if you dont believe in any of them, it's always good to understand the perspective of another man's faith.

You, my freind, seem to be a man of great intelligence ! thumb up

Keep it up

Lord Urizen
They also pray evil against others in the name of god. Example: They pray that god will do what ever it takes (bad luck) to come upon another until they come back to a certain faith......Christians pray for evil in the name of god!!!!

Yes. Sonnet prayed that I live long enough to suffer the rapture just so i could realize how wrong I am.

Kinda sadist thinking, dont u thnk ?

Jim Reaper
I went to Sunday school once... My family didn't have time for church, they were to busy trying to make ends meet. I came close to growing up in a bible-thumper type family/community, but my parents divorced.
I could have turned to religion, but it never appealed to me. It simply never was a part of my life growing up and i'm grateful.

What's JIA's background? I see he chimed in, but never answered the thread. I'm guessing you were raised by a pack of catholic wolves. wink

Imperial_Samura
Yes. Sonnet prayed that I live long enough to suffer the rapture just so i could realize how wrong I am.

Kinda sadist thinking, dont u thnk ?

The you should pray they live long enough to see there will never be a rapture...

But that wouldn't work sadly.

-hh-
You, my freind, seem to be a man of great intelligence ! thumb up

Keep it up

i also forgot to mention, i NEVER go to church on sunday's. i only go with my family when we are all free (which is probably once every 2 or 3 months). i bet most christians would disagree and say it's wrong for me to not go to church...but it's ironic...they (i know im generalizing but this is out of experience) go to church every sunday and yet they still do not know much about the Bible. Yea they may seem to know the basics but so do non-Christians. They go to church, sit down, "pretend" to listen to the priest and yet they do not absorb any of the messages. They "read" the Bible and don't even realize the underlying messages. They live in doubt, look in other directions, never stay focused in life, continually change their paths... I think these Christians are mentioned as being "lukewarm" in the Bible. I think it was in Revelations, not too sure. Anyway, either serve the word of God or just follow another moral path. Either be hot or cold...never lukewarm.

assholes stick out tongue

debbiejo
The you should pray they live long enough to see there will never be a rapture...

But that wouldn't work sadly. Well think of it like this, when their Alzheimer's kicks in they'll think it already happened and they missed it.......Then antidepressants will be a welcomed drug for the church.......druggies.

Though it IS sad that many do pray in that manner, because what I believe is that people of strong faith, no matter what kind of faith or Christian even can produce miracles/spells or what ever you would like to call it as some studies have shown in metaphysics and some QM fields........So, infact they ARE doing evil in the name of their god and calling it doing a good service to him. Soooo are they of god? Or are they of what they believe the devil to be.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by -hh-
i also forgot to mention, i NEVER go to church on sunday's. i only go with my family when we are all free (which is probably once every 2 or 3 months). i bet most christians would disagree and say it's wrong for me to not go to church...but it's ironic...they (i know im generalizing but this is out of experience) go to church every sunday and yet they still do not know much about the Bible. Yea they may seem to know the basics but so do non-Christians. They go to church, sit down, "pretend" to listen to the priest and yet they do not absorb any of the messages. They "read" the Bible and don't even realize the underlying messages. They live in doubt, look in other directions, never stay focused in life, continually change their paths... I think these Christians are mentioned as being "lukewarm" in the Bible. I think it was in Revelations, not too sure. Anyway, either serve the word of God or just follow another moral path. Either be hot or cold...never lukewarm.

assholes stick out tongue

AHAHAHAHAHA

i know...the hypocrisy that comes from mainstream Conservative Christians is nausiating. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.