Godzilla vs. Ymir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Horrificus
This incarnation of G is the same height as Ymir the Ice Giant.
Godzilla is waking from his imprisonment in Antarctica, and Ymir is there to say hi.

golem370
Ymir is a Frost God He would skin G-Zilla and make himself a pair of boots

Thanos_1971
laughing

Horrificus
1. He absorbs radiation at will. Any. And, is deadly radioactive himself.
2. G has been able to get stronger through Radiation and fury. Is basically a walking A-Bomb.
3. G has blasts equivelent to a nuclear bomb, or more.
4. G can create an explosive force field, they call his a nuclear pulse, capable of blowing King Ghidorah's limbs off.
5. G can heal almost instantaneously from almost any wound. And, has energy manipulation abilities to boot. He has come back from the dead many times as well.

golem370
Ymir can Freeze anything he touches

Dinalfos
Ymir stomps him.

golem370
With little effort Ymir- http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-ymir.html

boriquaking55
lol...

Ymir 10/10

golem370
Thor,Immortal Hercules,Mindless Hulk,Kurse,Fin Fang Foom, and Vision could defeat G-Zilla

MightyEInherjar
Marvel Godzilla has thrown around Thor and Hercules (mortal) like it was nothing before, and that's when he was only 15 feet tall. There's no reason to assume he couldn't do the same after being changed back to his old height.

Fin Fang Foom? Yeah right, he's under 50 feet tall, that's not going to do much to 150 or 200+ feet of King of the Monster goodness. Plus, I don't think fire has ever been shown to hurt anyone before.

However, I say Ymir takes this one, just because we've seen in the past the Godzilla is prone to being frozen.

golem370
Also Ymir is stronger faster smarter tougher more powerful more expereniced way more powerful. Fin Fang Foom is an upper level strength character who uses acid and has many other abilities Godzilla is a good monster but thats all he would lose to those characters Thor could drain all of Godzilla nuclear energy use God Force and could simply speed blitz G-Zilla. I thought that Immortal Hercules had beat Godzilla. Fin Fang Foom- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_Fang_Foom

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Fin_Fang_Foom

Tassadar
Originally posted by golem370
Thor,Immortal Hercules,Mindless Hulk,Kurse,Fin Fang Foom, and Vision could defeat G-Zilla

As a team, maybe. Individually, no.

Ultraman Baltan
MY GOD! WHICH GODZILLA?!?!?!?! Meltdown kills him with struggle, GFW wins with huge wounds, and Heisie may tie. The rest will go down more often than not.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
MY GOD! WHICH GODZILLA?!?!?!?! Meltdown kills him with struggle, GFW wins with huge wounds, and Heisie may tie. The rest will go down more often than not.

I totally agree.
The guys that are making this an easy win for Ymir do not know all there is to know of Godzilla.

boriquaking55
No version of Godzilla could take on Ymir - he's basically the same thing as Surtur with ice instead of fire

BTW he is 1000 meters tall and can grow at will

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by boriquaking55
No version of Godzilla could take on Ymir - he's basically the same thing as Surtur with ice instead of fire

BTW he is 1000 meters tall and can grow at will

THE FIGHT IS SCALED. Meltdown Godzilla's EXISTENCE was destroying the earth! He didn't even feel Destroyahs rays. These rays, by the way, are equivelent to That one hit that tore down miles of ocean, making it all a graveyard. He didn't even feel hits of instant death. Regular ice(in TONS) were automatically melted by Meltdown Godzilla. It took a new kind of articficial ice to stop the end of the world. Ymir is not made of this ice.

Nogoodnamesleft
Ymir will win without trying. Way, way more powerful...

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
Ymir will win without trying. Way, way more powerful...

More powerful than Meldown and GFW? Nah. Actually, I have another one that could win. Gotengo Powered GFW. He'd kill Ymir if they were the same size.

MJOILNIR
That bio above dosnt tell about Ymirs arcane knowlege as well. Magic is a great equalizer. Im not saying Ymir is Surters equal but close. Surter destroyed a galaxie by forging the sword of twighlight. That kind of magic is tough. Ymir has held his own against Surter befor. If Ymir can grapple with and withstand the heat of Surters body he can probably withstand Godzillas breathweapon. This is magic close to Odins level......

Nogoodnamesleft
If Ymir is anywhere near Surtur's level then Godzilla is toast. If he can withstand Surtur's flames, then Godzilla's are nothing. I severely doubt that Godzilla could withstand anything near an amount of force that could destroy a galaxy. And Godzilla handling Thor or Hercules is bogus, even if it did happen.

MJOILNIR
Surter did destroy a galaxie in the forging of the twighlight sword. That is true. It is also true that Ymir has grappled and fought with Surter on several occasions without the heat affecting him. I dont think Ymir is Surters equal but he has held his own against him..

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
That bio above dosnt tell about Ymirs arcane knowlege as well. Magic is a great equalizer. Im not saying Ymir is Surters equal but close. Surter destroyed a galaxie by forging the sword of twighlight. That kind of magic is tough. Ymir has held his own against Surter befor. If Ymir can grapple with and withstand the heat of Surters body he can probably withstand Godzillas breathweapon. This is magic close to Odins level......

Heat has nothing to do with the intensity and sheer power of Meltdown's Ultimate Spiral Ray. Still, I do see that Ymir is VERY powerful. Gotengo Powered GFW easily blew away a creature commonly considered high cosmic.

boriquaking55
This thread is pointless because scaling the combatants to be the same size is basically admitting defeat already.

Horrificus
If Ymir is anywhere near Surtur's level then Godzilla is toast. If he can withstand Surtur's flames, then Godzilla's are nothing. I severely doubt that Godzilla could withstand anything near an amount of force that could destroy a galaxy. And Godzilla handling Thor or Hercules is bogus, even if it did happen.

Again, Godzilla's strength and power has a simliar source as the Hulk's.

His strength increases as needed, pulling from surrounding radiation, or his own. He has almost instant healing. Every cell is likea mini reactor.
His blasts are on a level with nuclear bombs, or higher when needed.
He has the ability to throw up a nuclear pulse, capable of destroying anything near his body.
He has been known to create new powers as needed, when needed.
He was able to ignore the powers of a Black Hole.

And remember, Thor, when he was Surturs size, was holding his own against him. Surtur is the equlal to Ymir, and Ymir's powers did nothing to Thor in battle.
G, in this fight, is the same size as Ymir. That means that his strength and powers increase as well.
Is that clear enough?
So, please, do not tell me that a 1000 Ft Godzilla wil have no chance. That jus just silly.

thtadthtshldntb
IIRC, Thor had the Odinpower during that fight.

anyway, Surtur and Ymir are equals unless Surtur has Twilight ignited in the Eternal Flame. They are cosmological opposites.

Ymir destroys any version of Godzilla sad to say, unless you give Godzilla the Starbrand, that changes things.

Nogoodnamesleft
In all seriousness and without any cases of infection of fanboy-itis, Ymir will win this one easily. If he's in Surtur's range, then Godzilla is toast. Godzilla isn't and never has been cosmic. Ymir could blow up the galaxy they're in, and the idea that Godzilla could ever survive that, let alone withstand it is ridiculous, as is the idea of Godzilla ever defeating Thor, even if it did happen. Godzilla beating Thor sounds a lot like the Hulk losing to a snake. That, or the writer severely underestimated how powerful Thor is supposed to be. If Thor can kill the Midgard Serpent, then he can kill Godzilla.

Horrificus
You don't know what you are talking about.
And, I'm sorry, but I have never seen Yimer blow up a galaxy, and I have seen him fight a lot.
As a matter of fact, I have never seen them blow up anything.
That is the silliest arguement I have ever heard on here.
If Godzilla can withstand the power of a black hole, (do you know what a black hole does to normal matter?), if he can blow up a planetoid with one blast, if he has enough power within him to destroy the entire earth during meltdown, can survive beneath a volcano, and actually swim through lava, obviously showing that he does not even need air or water, and if he can heal from almost anything, if he is able to create new powers, depending on the opponent he is fighting, a 1000 ft version of him is a lot worse than Jordmungan.
He is a nuclear force of nature. And, that is only one version of him.

Multiplying his size, strength and power (which are in his very cells) more than 3 times, is more than enought to beat Ymir.

golem370
Godzilla is a twerp comepared to Ymir there is nothing G-Zilla could do.

grey fox
Movie godzilla or comic godzilla ?

golem370
Both

grey fox
Both

Huh ?

Is this a gauntlet ?

golem370
No I am just saying No Godzilla could mess with Ymir but it would be interseting to see Space Godzilla http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_vs._SpaceGodzilla

grey fox
Ymir get's his ass beaten.

He is NOT a cosmic. Show me a single scan of him destroying a galaxy and I'll edit my post. Otherwise Frosty is F*cked.

Let's see why , you've made Godzilla 1000FT tall. Essentially increasing his (already impressive) power cells.

Ymir is composed entirely of ice , the only thing stopping him from melting is the fact that he constantly generates cold. Unfortunately enough Godzilla's radioactive breathe pwns that. A single blast should blow Ymir to pieces and cause Ymir to evaporate.

Not only that but Ymir fights through pure brute force.... essentially the same as most of Godzilla's enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javwPO50V50

Jesse7
Originally posted by grey fox
Ymir get's his ass beaten.

He is NOT a cosmic. Show me a single scan of him destroying a galaxy and I'll edit my post. Otherwise Frosty is F*cked.

Let's see why , you've made Godzilla 1000FT tall. Essentially increasing his (already impressive) power cells.

Ymir is composed entirely of ice , the only thing stopping him from melting is the fact that he constantly generates cold. Unfortunately enough Godzilla's radioactive breathe pwns that. A single blast should blow Ymir to pieces and cause Ymir to evaporate.

Not only that but Ymir fights through pure brute force.... essentially the same as most of Godzilla's enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javwPO50V50

Agreed

grey fox
Originally posted by Jesse7
Agreed

HOLY ICICLES BATMAN

Me and Jesse agreeing on something !

Sweet jesus it's the apocalypse !!!!

golem370
Ymir would kill G-Zilla

grey fox
Ymir would kill G-Zilla

WRONG

MJOILNIR
Not to split hairs but Godzilla cant kill Ymir anyway. He is wholly and completely Immortal. If he was melted or shattered he would reform.

Ultraman Baltan
In all seriousness and without any cases of infection of fanboy-itis, Ymir will win this one easily. If he's in Surtur's range, then Godzilla is toast. Godzilla isn't and never has been cosmic. Ymir could blow up the galaxy they're in, and the idea that Godzilla could ever survive that, let alone withstand it is ridiculous, as is the idea of Godzilla ever defeating Thor, even if it did happen. Godzilla beating Thor sounds a lot like the Hulk losing to a snake. That, or the writer severely underestimated how powerful Thor is supposed to be. If Thor can kill the Midgard Serpent, then he can kill Godzilla.

So we're fanboys because we have a personal opinion that is reasonable? Sure, pal. It's biased.

Horrificus
Godzilla is nothing less than a gigantic, organic nuclear reactor. It is in every cell. He has also returned from the dead more times than can be counted.
Is that immortality?
He has destroyed magical entities, Gods, cosmic beings.
Ymir is just another one. Through instinct, Godzilla increases his power, and in some cases, has even created new powers, in order to overcome a foe.
There is an incarnation of him that was basically "Undead", where is was fueled by a combination of radiation, and the dead souls that were killed during Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Personally, I think he could destroy Ymir at his 334 ft height. He beat Biollante, and she was easily 3 or 4 times his size.
At Ymir's height, it just gets silly.

batdude123
Ymir is tall, strong, and icy. no expression Godzilla destroys him. yes

Ultraman Baltan
No I am just saying No Godzilla could mess with Ymir but it would be interseting to see Space Godzilla http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_vs._SpaceGodzilla

Space Godzilla would kill Ymir. God or not, Spacegodzilla spanked Heisie "I survived the H-Bomb, swam in molten lava, blew off Ghidorah's harder-than-space-titanium(strongest substance in the universe, like kaiju adamantium) " Godzilla without actually trying. Like when Thanos flicked away Thing, only easier.

golem370
Ymir is beyond monsters like G-Zilla and King Kong. Ymir would freeze Godzilla all the way threw his body Godzilla would never have a chance against Ymir.... no

golem370
Hulk has bent Adamantium and Ymir is like 1,000 times stronger then base level Hulk and he is 1,000 feat tall

Ultraman Baltan
Ymir is beyond monsters like G-Zilla and King Kong. Ymir would freeze Godzilla all the way threw his body Godzilla would never have a chance against Ymir.... no

King Kong and Zilla? What the hell? Those are weak monsters! Meltdown fought Destroyah!

Ultraman Baltan
Hulk has bent Adamantium and Ymir is like 1,000 times stronger then base level Hulk and he is 1,000 feet tall

Bad mathematics. Not everything works like that.

Nogoodnamesleft
The major problem with this thread is the perception that Godzilla is actually cosmic level and that he actually stands a chance against Ymir. If Ymir is really able to fight Surtur, then an atomic bomb or swimming in lava is nothing.

golem370
Ok to put this fight to a close Ymir grabs Godzilla and puts him into a head hold and procedes to smash Godzilla face then teleports him inches from the sun and then teleports back to his realm Godzilla gets pulled into the sun and destroyed.

golem370
http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Ymir

Ultraman Baltan
The major problem with this thread is the perception that Godzilla is actually cosmic level and that he actually stands a chance against Ymir. If Ymir is really able to fight Surtur, then an atomic bomb or swimming in lava is nothing.

Did anyone SAY Godzilla could beat Surtur?

golem370
No but for some silly reason people think he could beat Ymir. Ymir is the oldest of the Frost Giants likely 10s of thousands of years old no simple monster could defeat him

Ultraman Baltan
No but for some silly reason people think he could beat Ymir. Ymir is the oldest of the Frost Giants likely 10s of thousands of years old no simple monster could defeat him

Most Godzillas are far from simple. Some even take down cosmics.

Nogoodnamesleft
Most Godzillas are far from simple. Some even take down cosmics.

Bullshit. List just one cosmic enemy that Godzilla has beaten.

Horrificus

Space Godzilla

golem370
If Godzilla beat Him then Ymir could easy

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Horrificus
Space Godzilla

That shouldn't count, considering that Godzilla needed powerups, he needed Mogera and G-Force help, G-Force needed tons of prep, and(supposidly, so it may not be true) that female psychic increased Godzilla's powers in the beginning.

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by Horrificus
Space Godzilla

And how is he cosmic? He can survive being in a black hole? So? Methinks that whoever wrote the script for that movie doesn't understand how powerful a black hole is.

Ultraman Baltan
If Godzilla beat Him then Ymir could easy

Don't joke like that, man. Scaled or not, Spacegodzilla would kill Ymir.

Ultraman Baltan

King Ghidorah(Showa)
Monster X
Kaiser Ghidorah

Nogoodnamesleft
Don't joke like that, man. Scaled or not, Spacegodzilla would kill Ymir.

Also bullshit. Surviving a black hole is nothing to someone who can fight Surtur.

Ultraman Baltan
Also bullshit. Surviving a black hole is nothing to someone who can fight Surtur.

What the hell........... Who gives a shit about friggin' black holes? The beast destroyed one of Japan's biggest cities by flying across it! He also controlled absolutely everything in his domain, which could be made wherever he wished. He IS power.

Nogoodnamesleft
Yet more bullshit (no suprise). Destroying a city isn't that impressive. Look, Surtur can destroy a galaxy, right? He destroyed one to create his core and also destroyed one in his battle with Odin. Ymir can fight Surtur without getting his frosty ass whupped. If that's the case, then the destruction of even a large city is absolutely nothing by comparison. Godzilla is NOT cosmic. He can't destroy a galaxy (not that I'm necessarily claiming that Ymir can). He can't even destroy a planet. He's probably the most severely overrated character on this board aside from Superman and maybe a few others (Wonder Woman being a good example). Godzilla dies no matter his size.

Ultraman Baltan
Yet more bullshit (no suprise). Destroying a city isn't that impressive. Look, Surtur can destroy a galaxy, right? He destroyed one to create his core and also destroyed one in his battle with Odin. Ymir can fight Surtur without getting his frosty ass whupped. If that's the case, then the destruction of even a large city is absolutely nothing by comparison. Godzilla is NOT cosmic. He can't destroy a galaxy (not that I'm necessarily claiming that Ymir can). He can't even destroy a planet. He's probably the most severely overrated character on this board aside from Superman and maybe a few others (Wonder Woman being a good example). Godzilla dies no matter his size.

STOP WITH SURTUR! Spacegodzilla could control anything and everything it the miles of area he conquered, and he conquered it by sitting on that one spot he wanted. Plus, he was a class A psychic. From what we saw from Mimi(also class A in that movie), she could do shite with SG around. Plus, Mogera's outside was made of Space Titanium which is the strongest substance on kaiju earth. It can survive virtually anything, and Spacegodzilaa blew it into itty bitty bits with no effort.

grey fox
Were not talking about Surtur , no one gives a damn about Surtur right now !

What we have here is a bunch of people saying that a walking hunk of ice that can teleport is a 'galaxy destroying cosmic' and said Hunk of ice taking on a being who can fire nuclear breath so damn powerful IT CLOSED A BLACK HOLE .

Frosty the snowgiant is screwed people , accept it !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/FW_Godzilla_badass.jpg

Horrificus
Look, whether it bugs you guys or not, G is a real threat to these guys.
He has survived things that Ymir could not survive. A Black Hole would have destroyed Ymir. It is accepted that G does have energy manipulation powers on a huge scale, even if he does only wield them on an instinctive, animal level. This is where is he kind of like the Hulk. He gets whatever power up he needs, just by needing it in battle. That's why his powers seem to grow as he is in more danger.
He heals almost instantaneously.
He is a force of nature, and has been called that on countless occasions.
He is not just a big, fire breathing dragon. He is an avatar of nuclear death.
A God.
He has killed Gods and cosmic beings. That is all there is to it.

Horrificus

Surtur did NOT destroy a galaxy. The making of the Twilight Sword destroyed a galaxy.
That is the same as saying he set off a bomb that destroyed the galaxy.
And, all these other powers I see people associating with Surtur and Ymir, like teleporting in battle and stuff, have never been done.
They are silly arguments.
And, yes, Gorath was the size of a planet. And, yes, Godzilla destroyed it with one blast as it approached Earth. Not even debris was left of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.