ROTS Anakin Vs. ROTS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
I checked the Search button, and this thread didn't pop up.

Instead of sending Obi-Wan to finish Anakin, Yoda goes instead to confront the fallen Jedi.

Round 1: Force Duel
Setting: Senate Building (where Sidious and Yoda fought)

Round 2: Lightsaber Duel
Setting: Invisible Hand (where Dooku and Anakin fought)

Round 3: Force + Lightsaber
Setting: Theed Palace (where Maul confronted Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan)

There's a days rest between each round.

Who will win?

Darth Sexy
Yoda wins them all. Anakin at his best wasn't ready to challenge Yoda.

Adas
Except #2.

Darth Sexy
Except #2? What in the world makes you think that Anakin could defeat Yoda? Oh wait, there's no evidence nor reason to assume so. Obiwan even states that if Anakin practiced his saber skills more, that he would be on par with Yoda.

kamikz
Yeah, in AOTC, and this is ROTS, during a war as well, which means he has indeed practised his saber skills more. However, Obi-Wan says that if Anakin did actually focus more on his traning except for other funny stuff, he would be on par with Yoda, not really if he practised more. Yoda is probably the best duellist in the whole PT, so I doubt Anakin beats him in any category.

darthsith19
1. Yoda pwnd
2. Yoda but Anakin outs up a hell-of-a-fight.
3. Yoda wins.

kamikz
.......You've got to mean "Yoda pwns" not "Yoda pwned"...

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by darthsith19
1. Yoda pwnd
2. Yoda but Anakin outs up a hell-of-a-fight.
3. Yoda wins.

This is pretty accurate. I'd go as far to say that a saber fight between these 2 could go either way, 50/50. But just because its Yoda I'll give him the benifit of the doubt and say he wins like 0.00001% more often then Anakin does in a saber duel. Anything to do with the force though and Anakin is pwn't.

darthsith19
Yes, I meant pwns.

As far as saber skills, I would rank the Jedi/Sith of the PT as follows (best comes first):
1. Yoda
2. Mace Windu/ROTS Darth Vader/Anakin when using the Dark Side
3. ROTS Anakin (light side)/ROTS Obi-Wan/Darth Sidious
4. Count Dooku

Blue_Hefner
Anakin takes all three. He's the most powerful Jedi by ROTS.

kamikz
No....

Escape81
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Anakin takes all three. He's the most powerful Jedi by ROTS.

No.

See, this is what damn the Lucas/comics/novels contradictions and inconsistencies come up with. Yes, Anakin and Yoda have both been named, at times, "the most powerful Jedi" of the era. Mace Windu, in Shatterpoint, says that his nemesis - Kar Vastor - possesses "power on par with Yoda or young Skywalker".

Anakin's sheer potential outweighs Yoda's own, by a considerable degree. But based on what we know from the movies, by Revenge of the Sith - Anakin cannot defeat Yoda.

Yoda is his superior by a league or two in terms of Force powers and experience - though I will say that Anakin is easily on par with Yoda, Mace, and Palpatine and can put up one hell of a fight in terms of lightsaber ability.

Anakin loses round one, badly. He loses round two, after a considerable duel. He loses round three, after a moderate duel.

Quinlan_Vos
In Force powers, Yoda will pawn Anakin.

In a lightsaber duel, I would say it would very close. Anakin is much martial than Yoda. He defeated Dooku who is one of the best saber duelists ever. I would say Yoda wins, though it might go either way.

In a Force + lightsaber, Yoda will use both skills to defeat Anakin comfortably.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Escape81
No.

See, this is what damn the Lucas/comics/novels contradictions and inconsistencies come up with. Yes, Anakin and Yoda have both been named, at times, "the most powerful Jedi" of the era. Mace Windu, in Shatterpoint, says that his nemesis - Kar Vastor - possesses "power on par with Yoda or young Skywalker".

Anakin's sheer potential outweighs Yoda's own, by a considerable degree. But based on what we know from the movies, by Revenge of the Sith - Anakin cannot defeat Yoda.

Yoda is his superior by a league or two in terms of Force powers and experience - though I will say that Anakin is easily on par with Yoda, Mace, and Palpatine and can put up one hell of a fight in terms of lightsaber ability.

Anakin loses round one, badly. He loses round two, after a considerable duel. He loses round three, after a moderate duel.

If he could kill 10,000 Jedi Masters and Knights, of course he can defeat Yoda. He even defeated Yoda before AOTC.

Superior in Force powers? Yoda has a fraction of the full power of the force to draw from. Anakin has the full power of the force to call on. Anakin destroyed a building by screaming. Yoda has done what? He can block lightning. So can the jedi in the NJO, AOTC Obi Wan, and Mace.

According to Anakin's duel with Dooku who is superior to Mace, Anakin is clearly more than on par with Yoda, Mace, and Sidious.

Advent
If he could kill 10,000 Jedi Masters and Knights, of course he can defeat Yoda. He even defeated Yoda before AOTC.

Who the hell are you talking about?

No. Anakin is on par with Yoda, Mace, and Sidious in terms of lightsaber skills, true. Possibly even greater, but that's doubtful. In terms of the Force? It's highly doubtful Anakin is on the same level as them given the fact he couldn't successfully repel Obi-Wan's Force push, but instead ending up flying back. And we do know that Obi-Wan has a weak Force defense, and isn't close to Yoda, Mace, Sidious, or even Dooku.

And Dooku is not superior to Mace.

Quinlan_Vos
Anakin didn't killed 10,000 Jedi. When did he defeat Yoda before AOTC????

Anakin can only do Force Push, Force Pull, Force Throw, and a minor version of Force Choke.

Yoda can easily do all these things with much more power (he threw a Senate Pod twenty times his size right back at Sidious even though it was throw at him like a mission), plus he can redirect Lightning with his bare hands and he has Force Valor.

And Dooku is not better than ROTS Mace, that point was argued in the EU Forum and here at the VS. Forum.

Anakin is almost equal to Mace in saber combat, but Mace's greater is Yoda, thus Yoda > Anakin though it will be close.

Quinlan_Vos
Not tying to start an argument, but how is Obi-Wan's Force Push so bad? I mean, it threw General Grievous all the way into the air into a steel machine.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Anakin didn't killed 10,000 Jedi. When did he defeat Yoda before AOTC????

In AOTC, Obi Wan told Anakin that he would be better than Yoda in saber skills if he practiced, and Anakin says he already defeated Yoda.

Originally posted by Advent
....It's highly doubtful Anakin is on the same level as them given the fact he couldn't successfully repel Obi-Wan's Force push, but instead ending up flying back.

Anakin had just fought thousands of Jedi merely hours before. He was tried and not at his full power when he and Obi Wan fought.

Advent
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Not tying to start an argument, but how is Obi-Wan's Force Push so bad? I mean, it threw General Grievous all the way into the air into a steel machine.

Oh yeah, I forgot basically Force pushing someone who cannot defend is so hard, and impressive. It's the equivalent of pushing an inanimate object. Not very impressive. We know his Force powers are hardly near the top. He was almost singled out of the Order before becoming a padawan, as Jinn had "overlooked Kenobi several times" - the man was almost sent to the Agricultural Corps. In any case, his Force defense is horribly weak. He got tooled by the Force twice by Dooku in 13 seconds (minus talking). To think that he actually has a great Force offense calls for an explanation. I could just as easily say Shaak Ti and some unknown Jedi masters x and y are Force gods because they Force pushed Grievous through a wall, and caused an entire floor to collapse.

EDIT: Escape's answer was better, lol.

Escape81
No, the line is "If you spent as much time training your lightsaber skills as much as you (forgot the exact part) , you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman."

Anakin's response was: "I thought I already did."

Obi-Wan's response: "Only in your wildest dreams, young padawan."

And, considering Anakin's typical characteristic of arrogance - I'm sure that he would perceive himself as more powerful than Yoda. Doesn't mean that he is.

Lastly, Obi-Wan says in Return of the Jedi that, "I thought I could train him as well as Yoda... I was wrong." Obi-Wan's assumption may have been wrong.

Yoda > Anakin.

Anakin didn't fight thousands of Jedi. Perhaps you're forgetting the presence of the 501st Legion - the elite clonetrooper unit that Palpatine placed at Anakin's disposal. They killed most of the Jedi.

((The_Anomaly))
To correct the quote Escape81 just gave its:

EDIT

Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber skills as you do your wit , you would rival Master Yoda as a swordsman."

Anakin: "I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan "Only in your mind my very young apprentice"

thumb upthumb upthumb up

Escape81
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
To correct the quote Escape81 just gave its:

Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time training your saber skills as much as your wit , you would rival Master Yoda as a swordsman."

Anakin: "I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan "Only in your mind my very young apprentice"

thumb upthumb upthumb up

Thanks.

((The_Anomaly))
I corrected my original post, but yes, thats the jist of it.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Escape81

Anakin didn't fight thousands of Jedi. Perhaps you're forgetting the presence of the 501st Legion - the elite clonetrooper unit that Palpatine placed at Anakin's disposal. They killed most of the Jedi.

Funny, I seem to remember it the other way around.

Escape81
Funny, I seem to remember it the other way around.

Sorry, man. Palpatine didn't send them there just to look intimidating. Vader killed quite a few, but the 501st killed more.

Quinlan_Vos
There's a slight chance Anakin might be better than Yoda in lightsaber combat, though probably not. Yoda will pwn Anakin in the Force and will win in Force + Lightsaber definately.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.