Life in Prison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
For the people who get a life term, would dying and coming back have it be fulfilled?

I started thinking about people who are sentanced to serve 2 life terms. That makes no sense. IF they died but were revived, they would still have another life term though. Am I blowing smoke or is this how it works?

botankus
I'm sure there are people on death row browsing KMC as we speak. Someone please create an account by the name of "JailBird69" and answer this question.

PVS
yes, its based on reincarnation. a soul-detector is used on newborns, and if a previous live convict serving another life sentence is detected, the infant is thrown in jail.

Bardock42
I have the unreasonable belief we had a thread like that before....anyone else got that?

xmarksthespot
It's not unreasonable. Because pretty much the exact same thread was made.

botankus
It's a reincarnation of itself...creepy.

smoker4
Nostradamus predicted this would happen today

or was it steve?

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by PVS
yes, its based on reincarnation. a soul-detector is used on newborns, and if a previous live convict serving another life sentence is detected, the infant is thrown in jail.

correct

Gregory
Several reasons. First of all, unless your sentence is "life without the possibility of parole," you can, in fact, be paroled from a life sentence. I think that the more life sentences you have tacked on, the longer you have to wait to appeal to the parole board.

Second: suppose that you've been conviced of two counts of murder. Five years later, somebody else confesses to one of the murders. Now what? More specifically, what happens if you've been given one life sentence? It will be overturned, of course; you were arrested for murdering two people, and now it turns out that you didn't. You'll be held temporarilly while they arrange a new trial, for the murder you haven's been cleared of, but that happens if some of the important witnesses have died durring the last five years? If the prosocution can't find them? Even if they find all the witnesses, the crime occured five years ago; it's no longer fresh in their memory. What happens when they can't remember importand details? The whole thing will turn into a hideous ordeal; much better to just slap on two life sentences, and if you're proven innocent of one of the murders, no problem; they can just repeal one of the sentences and continue to hold you on the other.

JOE NUNEZ
Usually a life sentence is 25 years, after that you may have the possibilty for parole.

allofyousuckkk
hmmm....so.....this was a stupid question?

thnx for the answers (to those who did answer)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
For the people who get a life term, would dying and coming back have it be fulfilled?

I started thinking about people who are sentanced to serve 2 life terms. That makes no sense. IF they died but were revived, they would still have another life term though. Am I blowing smoke or is this how it works?
i think that this is done to decrease the chances of early parole.

JacopeX
Originally posted by PVS
yes, its based on reincarnation. a soul-detector is used on newborns, and if a previous live convict serving another life sentence is detected, the infant is thrown in jail. I gotta think about that one.

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by PVS

can u explain that to me

Fishy
Originally posted by Gregory
Several reasons. First of all, unless your sentence is "life without the possibility of parole," you can, in fact, be paroled from a life sentence. I think that the more life sentences you have tacked on, the longer you have to wait to appeal to the parole board.

Second: suppose that you've been conviced of two counts of murder. Five years later, somebody else confesses to one of the murders. Now what? More specifically, what happens if you've been given one life sentence? It will be overturned, of course; you were arrested for murdering two people, and now it turns out that you didn't. You'll be held temporarilly while they arrange a new trial, for the murder you haven's been cleared of, but that happens if some of the important witnesses have died durring the last five years? If the prosocution can't find them? Even if they find all the witnesses, the crime occured five years ago; it's no longer fresh in their memory. What happens when they can't remember importand details? The whole thing will turn into a hideous ordeal; much better to just slap on two life sentences, and if you're proven innocent of one of the murders, no problem; they can just repeal one of the sentences and continue to hold you on the other.

If somebody is convicted for three murders and found innocent of two he should always get a new trial to see about the third... Seriously if 2/3 of his punishments is found to be wrong then there is a reasonable chance that the other 1/3 is wrong too...

Now about the original question... In Holland several times life means just that, your in for life and that two or three times... Meaning very simply that you can never get out, but were convicted for life in prison on several occasions for multiple crimes.

For instance if somebody kills somebody then that can get him life in priso, if they later found out he also killed seven other people then he can get another punishment for that. In this country multiple punishments are ussually just handed out to make sure justice is done and to make sure the crimes are solved, also it's probably a relief for the families of the victims.

kikass
I think life in prison is a waste of space. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/tim1234321/super_cool.gif

Lumanix
I think capitol punishment is a better solution.

Nichole
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk

Over here, a life sentence does not mean life, it means around 15-20 years, but courts seem to like saying 'life imprisonment' because it sounds like such a long time. Two life sentences will equal 30-35 years, so for each life sentence, more time is spent in prison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.