What was Jesus' life as a teen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Flamboyant~
Since the Bible said nothing about it.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~

Then if the Bible is said nothing about the subject then neither should we. It is not wise to extrapolate about non-issues like this when the Bible is silent on the matter.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Then if the Bible is said nothing about the subject then neither should we. It is not wise to extrapolate about non-issues like this when the Bible is silent on the matter.

Ignorance is wise? Is that what you just said?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Ignorance is wise? Is that what you just said?

You mean you are not made with me? Storm is intelligent I can tell by her choice of words and the way that she phrases her thoughts. I just said all of that to get her attention.

Shakyamunison
You mean you are not made with me? Storm is intelligent I can tell by her choice of words and the way that she phrases her thoughts. I just said all of that to get her attention.

Wrong thread JIA.

Bardock42

The Bible doesn't say anything about everything...you know. Pretty ignorant view....very religious.

Someone's been watching Dogma, eh?

JesusIsAlive
Wrong thread JIA.

I am just letting you know since you are the instigator.

Shakyamunison
I am just letting you know since you are the instigator.

Instigator of what on this thread?

JesusIsAlive
Instigator of what on this thread?

Any time there is some tension between two people on this forum you instigate it and try to make it worse instead of trying to diffuse it.

xmarksthespot
Probably the same as any other teenaged male. A bit a sex, a bit of drugs, and whatever passed for rock and roll back then.

Which is probably why they omit it from the Bible.

Shakyamunison
Any time there is some tension between two people on this forum you instigate it and try to make it worse instead of trying to diffuse it.

That claim is baseless.

Gregory

Have you considered martyring yourself? All the cool Christians are doing it.

Alliance
It is not wise to think.COLOR]

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance

laughing I will say something once I get off the floor. laughing

Regret

laughing You do this in your arguments against evolution. You state that God did nothing but say a word and "poof" things appeared. The Bible is silent on these matters, yet you "extrapolate about non-issues like" whether or not there was some method/procedure to creation.

Alliance
laughing I will say something once I get off the floor. laughing

Speak.

Shakyamunison
Speak.

You should not change peoples quotes, but I love that one. laughing

Alliance
I never misquote anyone.

Shakyamunison
I never misquote anyone.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Liar.

Shakyamunison

Now that is out of context. laughing

Alliance
I love all your posts and I read over all of them everynight

Shakyamunison

Stop that... you are evil face

Alliance
This needs to stop.

I agree.

debbiejo
laughing out loud These post are funny.........

Anyway Jesus was probably just an average boy. But if you read the Gnostic's he was healing at that time. People would even use his bath water to heal.....And I think the Bible said he didn't really know who he was until the age of 12 anyway.....I guess it is where you get your sources.

He had magical powers just like Moses........lol

Alliance
Yeah...except he parted the Sea of Reeds...not the Red Sea.

debbiejo
Nahhhhh it was his bath tub water........

Alliance
No. That wasn't in the Bible...it didn't happen.

Himo
I wonder what happened to Jesus through Holy puberty?

debbiejo
He got "(W)holy" involved....... evil face

Shakyamunison
No. That wasn't in the Bible...it didn't happen.

Are you a sock for JIA? laughing

Himo
I wonder if he beat the meat a few times. And of he did, would his jizz cure STDs?

debbiejo
Now that's not nice...........Jesus had some very good teachings........the only thing wrong is WHAT THE CHURCH DID TO ALL THOSE SAYING AND ALSO MADE SOMETHING HE SAID HE WAS NOT.

Alliance
Are you a sock for JIA? laughing

Don't I look like one...

*dances around in sock costume, flailing arms*

Shakyamunison
Don't I look like one...

*dances around in sock costume, flailing arms*

You are dancing, therefore, you can't be JIA. laughing out loud

debbiejo
*dances myself because of the truth*

Alliance
*stops dancing to save my sanity*

lil bitchiness

There is a lot of debate on that. One of the popular theories is that he has spent his teens and 20s in India.

Alliance
Another "popular" theory is that he was just had a normal life.

lord xyz
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
There is a lot of debate on that. One of the popular theories is that he has spent his teens and 20s in India. So that's why he got no beef.

lil bitchiness
Another "popular" theory is that he was just had a normal life.

Oh?

And people in India do not lead a normal life?

Alliance
I never said that. Please stop extrapolating your worst interpretations of my comments. They are frequently not correct.

He led a normal life...grew up, got married, had kids, just your aveage 30 year old jew in that area (Palestine) at that time.

Imperial_Samura
I never said that. Please stop extrapolating your worst interpretations of my comments. They are frequently not correct.

He led a normal life...grew up, got married, had kids, just your aveage 30 year old jew in that area (Palestine) at that time.

Which seems very likely.

Rogue Jedi
anyone who knows anything about jesus knows this.

Alliance
Knows what? That he somehow went from being born to 30?

Perhaps it was a different man.

Perhaps Baby Jesus was murdered and so your god jsut sent down a replacement baby 30 years later.

Or maby Jesus had a few too many children for an "unmarried" 30 year old Jewish man at the time.

Rogue Jedi
thats a whole lot of if's, ands, but's and maybes.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

That what happens when one leaves a sizable chunck out of a type of biography.

Rogue Jedi
is there c in chuck?

Alliance

Perhaps, but none is provable. However, some are more likely than others.

Maybe Jesus went the moon and cleared a space For Apoloo 11 to land.

Imperial_Samura
is there c in chuck?

It was going to be chuck but I changed the sentance but forgot to remove the c.

Alliance
Is there a c in the ocean?

Imperial_Samura
Is there a c in the ocean?

Hehehehe.

Alliance
The correct asnwer is no. Or yes.

lil bitchiness

Spare me, please.

Please look at my post and then look at your post.

I said 'Popular belief is that he lived in India''

And you said ''ANOTHER popular belief is that he lead a normal life''

Which pretty much suggests that he couldn't possibly have lead a normal life in India.

Again, your random guessing on ''what could have happened'' is supported by your own belief that Jesus 'lead' a normal life in 'now palestine', while there are extensive researches and evidence which would possibly suggest his visit and stay in India.

Your ''popular'' blief is not actually supported by anything, apart from ''I believe that happened''
Its very off putting.

If you try to rebuke something I am saying, then provide any kind of grounds for that other than what YOU believe, and pass it as a fact.

BackFire
I think he did the normal shit - weed, sex, partying, probably played some video games, I hear he was a big fan of the GTA games.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BackFire
I think he did the normal shit - weed, sex, partying, probably played some video games, I hear he was a big fan of the GTA games.

Now thats a more likely way he spent his teens and 20s. I think there was a lot of weed going on too. Weed is so good in the Middle East.

Besides, hes Jesus - of course he played video games. If he can walk on water, he can surely play video games.

Alliance
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Spare me, please.

Please look at my post and then look at your post.

I said 'Popular belief is that he lived in India''

And you said ''ANOTHER popular belief is that he lead a normal life''

Which pretty much suggests that he couldn't possibly have lead a normal life in India.

Again, your random guessing on ''what could have happened'' is supported by your own belief that Jesus 'lead' a normal life in 'now palestine', while there are extensive researches and evidence which would possibly suggest his visit and stay in India.

Your ''popular'' blief is not actually supported by anything, apart from ''I believe that happened''
Its very off putting.

If you try to rebuke something I am saying, then provide any kind of grounds for that other than what YOU believe, and pass it as a fact.

That was nto my intent at all. Traveling to India is quite an extraordinary circumstance for a poor young man. His parents weren't traders. An opportunity like that was NOT normal. While I can see your interpretation, mine is also a clear option.

You are referencing "not normal" to "a life in India," where I originally inteded to reference "not normal" to "in India." See?

I have never seen any evidence of your so called "popular belief". On a quick Google, there are as many more theories about him being in India before he was born and after he died as living in India when he was "alive".

My hypothesis comes from the fact that people at that time, usually stayed in similar locations and grew up normally. Why would Jesus have to be any different? Why does a hypothesis have to involve him travelling the world to be correct? What is wrong with working, living, raising a family? Using the comminty at the time as a model is NOT a lack of evidence.

Personally, I think your "theory" just another lame attemt to pass Jesus off as a Buddhist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.