Cyclops vs. Mr. Terrific

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6516/cycmrtrr6.gif

Darth Martin
Unless the T-Speres can generate force fields I like Cyclops chances.

Metalmanx
Yea, not really sure what Mr. Terrific brings to the table to somehow counter Cyke.

Cyke wins.

spetznaz
I also think Cyclops should win unless you give Mr. Terrific prep (in which case he will win 10/10) or he upgrades his T-spheres (although I believe they have forcefields, but how effective is key).

However, the interesting thing is this ....Cyclops' visor basically enables him to control his optic beams. He does not need it (he can wear ruby-tinted shades which will continously block the optic beams, but with the visor he can be able to control whether it lets the optic beams go through or not ....meaning it must be selectively polarized to do so).

Guess what Mr. Terrific is when it comes to technology ...invisible. Cyclops has to see through the visor, and since it uses selective polarization technology it is arguable that it may not be able to pick out Mr. Terrific (who is totally invisible to all sorts of technology, ranging from simple sensors to as sophisticated an array as that which Brother Eye was using).

Now, Cyclops could easily just rip the visor off (in which case he would saturate the area with wide-area concussive blasts), or he could simply fire blindly through the visor.

However, in the split second to do so, it is possible that Mr Terrific could use his T-spheres to either knock out Cyclops physically, shoot laser beams at him from various angles, or simply project multiple holograms of Mr. Terrific all around Cyclops (360 degree angle) while shooting said lasers at him.

Anyways, while I think Cyclops should win, I was trying to show a way in which Mr Terrific, with his skill set, could win against Cyclops. That second or two of Cyclops not being able to see Terrific, as well as the multiple holograms and laser array, could give Terrific a win.

After all, that is what I would do if I were him (I like the guy ...for one he is black, making him, Tchalla and Steel some of the few characters i can readily identify with).

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spetznaz
I also think Cyclops should win unless you give Mr. Terrific prep (in which case he will win 10/10) or he upgrades his T-spheres (although I believe they have forcefields, but how effective is key).

However, the interesting thing is this ....Cyclops' visor basically enables him to control his optic beams. He does not need it (he can wear ruby-tinted shades which will continously block the optic beams, but with the visor he can be able to control whether it lets the optic beams go through or not ....meaning it must be selectively polarized to do so).

Guess what Mr. Terrific is when it comes to technology ...invisible. Cyclops has to see through the visor, and since it uses selective polarization technology it is arguable that it may not be able to pick out Mr. Terrific (who is totally invisible to all sorts of technology, ranging from simple sensors to as sophisticated an array as that which Brother Eye was using).

Now, Cyclops could easily just rip the visor off (in which case he would saturate the area with wide-area concussive blasts), or he could simply fire blindly through the visor.

However, in the split second to do so, it is possible that Mr Terrific could use his T-spheres to either knock out Cyclops physically, shoot laser beams at him from various angles, or simply project multiple holograms of Mr. Terrific all around Cyclops (360 degree angle) while shooting said lasers at him.

Anyways, while I think Cyclops should win, I was trying to show a way in which Mr Terrific, with his skill set, could win against Cyclops. That second or two of Cyclops not being able to see Terrific, as well as the multiple holograms and laser array, could give Terrific a win.

After all, that is what I would do if I were him (I like the guy ...for one he is black, making him, Tchalla and Steel some of the few characters i can readily identify with).

Schwa? blink

I'm not too sure where you're getting your info about Scott's visor. It's just a visor. Same properties as his shades, only in one piece instead of two. There's nothing really "tech" about it other than maybe a spring. I know that Mr. Terrific is invisible to technology, but I doubt he'll be invisible to a spring.

Also, it's controlled psionically, so it opens with the speed of thought.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm glad that you thought up some alternative scenarios for this match. cool

shiv
Mr Terriffic 10/10

one T-sphere bends light around Terrific to render him invisible, also creating a hard light 3D hologram to serve as a diversion.
Another T sphere can simultaneously gas the Arena

Mr T Pimpslap f.t.w.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by shiv
Mr Terriffic 10/10

one T-sphere bends light around Terrific to render him invisible, also creating a hard light 3D hologram to serve as a diversion.
Another T sphere can simultaneously gas the Arena

Mr T Pimpslap f.t.w.

Exactly how fast can he do this? Honestly.

Cyke can blast him with the speed of thought. erm

Boy Blue
Hard to argue something isn't tech while commenting that it can respond to scott's thoughts... Batman could barely see Mr. T through night-vision lenses... Arguable that Scott's visor would be too advanced.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Hard to argue something isn't tech while commenting that it can respond to scott's thoughts... Batman could barely see Mr. T through night-vision lenses... Arguable that Scott's visor would be too advanced.

I see what you're saying, I do. But it's not so much that the visor itself is technofied, but that the mechanism which literally operates the movement of the visor is. A psionic command makes the mechanism open the visor. I don't really see how the visor itself would be considered high-tech or even tech at all. It's still just a sheet of ruby quartz.

Darth Martin
Yea I don't think the visor is really tech but I do get the "Batman" argument. Not really sure. But if the T-Speresz can bend light that could work but I doubt it would occur befor Scott blasts Holt at the "speed of though". That I didn't know either. I always though he hads switches all over his costume. Guess not.

Bentley
What would Raoul say?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by spetznaz

you make some very good arguments

guy222
scott

Batman-Prime
Cyclops should take it. Better H2H skills and more (literal) Firepower smile.

Raoul
Originally posted by Bentley
What would Raoul say?

you have to ask?

big grin

Originally posted by Batman-Prime

dunno about h2h. scott's good, but terrific is very, very good...

Marvelknight

I agree that Cyclops "can" win. But the better H2h skills part, Hmmm Micheal is black belt in 6 different styles. So I don't agree that Scott has better MA skills. I give it to Mr Terrific 6/10.

Darkness_Within
mr terrific had to hit cyclops with a distraction like a few hard light holograms of himself while the real one gets cyclops and knocks his ass out might not work but its a good sounding tactic smile

Silent Guardian
toss up. Cyclops big advantage is his optic blast, but I would say terrific is superior in most other categories (h2h etc.)

Metalmanx
Cyke still wins. And yes, even if this just went hand-to-hand.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Cyke still wins. And yes, even if this just went hand-to-hand.

no, honestly besides the optic blast, Terrific is superior in all other aspects

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
no, honestly besides the optic blast, Terrific is superior in all other aspects

Eh. Agree to disagree. I know that he's a black belt in, what, 6 styles? Means a whole lot of nothing really. Cyke's shown again and again and again to be a superb martial artist when it comes down to fisticuffs.

But hey, I'm not unreasonable. Show me some evidence of Terrific's fighting superiority.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Raoul
you have to ask?

big grin

dunno about h2h. scott's good, but terrific is very, very good...

Cyc trains with Wolverine flex

who is one of the best MA out there smile

Raoul
Cyc trains with Wolverine flex

who is one of the best MA out there smile

after wolverine, cyclops is the primary source of combat training for the kids at the institute (or was until it got destroyed). hell, with how often logan is away, i wouldnt be surprised if scott was the busiest h2h teacher...

Digi
Guys guys guys. You're missing the point....

.....how does Scott's hair fit in that costume?

Silent Guardian
Eh. Agree to disagree. I know that he's a black belt in, what, 6 styles? Means a whole lot of nothing really. Cyke's shown again and again and again to be a superb martial artist when it comes down to fisticuffs.

But hey, I'm not unreasonable. Show me some evidence of Terrific's fighting superiority.

okay you make a good point. And do not get me wrong I think Cyclops is a great leader and MA, if you look at my posts in Punisher vs. Cyclops thread I definitely think cyclops is a great h2h fighter. So I am not saying Mr. Terrific wins this figther. Still I think Mr. Terrific is a better h2h fighter. If you look at their battles i think Mr. Terrific is more impressive, mostly because he does not depend on any powers. However, cyclops has had a few impressive wins without his mutant powers.

But you make a good point. Me saying this does not prove anything, let the scans/feats decide this. Just give me a second to get some scans.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Arsenal
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6516/cycmrtrr6.gif ^ that is phucking cool.

and spetsnaz's theory on the visor being susseptible is not entirely sound since the visor itself does not emit radiation or take in radiation that the T-spheres can become incisible to, unless they can block visible light which the visor only lets in.

batman's lenses are attuned to the ultraviolet spectrum, that's how he can see in near darkness, scott's visor is completely different (it's just to cage in the beast)

Raoul
Originally posted by Digi
Guys guys guys. You're missing the point....

.....how does Scott's hair fit in that costume?

mhmm

scott's visor doesn't do anything bar block his blasts. it doesn't have any other function bar that, that i've seen...

psycho gundam
mhmm

scott's visor doesn't do anything bar block his blasts. it doesn't have any other function bar that, that i've seen... i just said that buddy. you're channeling alfed graham bell i see stick out tongue

Original Smurph
Cyke still wins. And yes, even if this just went hand-to-hand. Nah, Terrific's superb in h2h.

Anyways, if Michael throws up holograms quickly enough, he could take this, just through regular invisibility.

Raoul
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i just said that buddy. you're channeling alfed graham bell i see stick out tongue

mhmm

Enyalus
mhmm

scott's visor doesn't do anything bar block his blasts. it doesn't have any other function bar that, that i've seen...

Correct this if it's wrong, Raoul, but: Cyke doesn't need his visor anymore to control his blasts. After Emma/Cassandra Nova mindraped him into letting go of himself, he was able to see normally without his visor. And while on Breakworld, used this one moment to see, the next minute to blast Kruun dead...all without the visor's help. I don't think he's lost that.

If that's the case, then Scott wins easily.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Correct this if it's wrong, Raoul, but: Cyke doesn't need his visor anymore to control his blasts. After Emma/Cassandra Nova mindraped him into letting go of himself, he was able to see normally without his visor. And while on Breakworld, used this one moment to see, the next minute to blast Kruun dead...all without the visor's help. I don't think he's lost that.

If that's the case, then Scott wins easily.

to be honest, its ambiguous. at the end of the breakworld saga, emma came to scott, and they had this conversation:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scottemma-1.jpg

to me, that basically said that if scott wants to, he can hold it back, but only for a certain period of time...

Enyalus
to be honest, its ambiguous. at the end of the breakworld saga, emma came to scott, and they had this conversation:

to me, that basically said that if scott wants to, he can hold it back, but only for a certain period of time...

Was that in the annual?

Raoul
Was that in the annual?

yeah. it was called "giant size astonishing x-men"

Enyalus
yeah. it was called "giant size astonishing x-men"

Right. Right. I have the other issues, but I only flipped through the Giant Size. Was wondering why I couldn't remember the segment you posted. Now I know lol.

Sin I AM
lol emma is the bomb

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol emma is the bomb

Bombshell**

Raoul
Right. Right. I have the other issues, but I only flipped through the Giant Size. Was wondering why I couldn't remember the segment you posted. Now I know lol.

laughing out loud

lol emma is the bomb

Bombshell**

both work.

Sin I AM
hmmm are you trying to make me jealous roll eyes (sarcastic)

Enyalus
hmmm are you trying to make me jealous roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not at all. She likes to use Latin in the bedroom. To me, that's just overkill. What a showoff.

Sin I AM
I use french in the bedroom so what's your point. the way the words roll off my tongue helps me prep for battle

Enyalus
I use french in the bedroom so what's your point. the way the words roll off my tongue helps me prep for battle
Don't tell me that.

Ahem. Yeah, so...Scott wins.

Raoul
get a room. please.

Badabing
Mr. Terrific wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
Mr. Terrific wins.

Affirmative action, huh?

Badabing
Enyalus
Synthetic God

Restricted

Enyalus
Enyalus
Synthetic God

Restricted

Definitely uncool.

Badabing
Definitely uncool. badawe

Mindset
Cyclops wins.

Enyalus
badawe

And Raoul said you're the nice one. stick out tongue

Badabing
And Raoul said you're the nice one. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Raoul is the one who called me what's typed under my user name.

Enyalus
laughing out loud

Raoul is the one who called me what's typed under my user name.

I always read that as 'dastardly' until just now, when I looked more closely.

*has issues*

Silent Guardian
Affirmative action, huh?

easy Limbaugh glare disgust

Raoul
Originally posted by Boy Blue

the mechanical part is simply the hinges that open and close the visor. the actual viewport that he looks through is simple, transparent ruby quartz...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.