Who's the most famous female from Marvel Comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

firework64
I'd say the most famous females from Marvel Comics are Storm, Jean, and Invisible Woman, but who of these is the MOST famous?

ExodusCloak
Narrow it down to Storm or the Invisible Women....I'd say Storm though...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Narrow it down to Storm or the Invisible Women....I'd say Storm though...

I'd say Jean, due to her prominant roles in the movies.

badabing
Aunt May.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'd say Jean, due to her prominant roles in the movies.

Really? I always figured Storm was exposed far to much....

Skeets
Mary jane,Storm,Jessica Alba(IW) and She-Hulk.

jumpmann
Spider-Man=most famous from Marvel, so Mary Jane wins by being his *****.

What If...
I say Storm or Jean.

Jean because of the whole phoenix saga.

Storm because she originally was the 1 female character that was always in a group of males...

and she has a teacup at universal studios big grin

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by jumpmann
Spider-Man=most famous from Marvel, so Mary Jane wins by being his *****.

laughing laughing co-signed

boriquaking55
Storm

Validus
I would imagine anyone who knows Storm knows Jean as well and vice versa.

Grimm22
From Marvel.

Either Storm, Jean or Sue erm

batdude123
Mary Jane.

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Mary Jane.

Only because of the movies.

Speaking of which, Kirstin Dunst should be punched in the face by the Real Spider-Man for discracing his wife big grin

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Grimm22
Only because of the movies.

Speaking of which, Kirstin Dunst should be punched in the face by the Real Spider-Man for discracing his wife big grin Comic mary jane is a beautiful, smart, busty, actress, supermodel. Kirstin Dunst is a .....umm. sweatdrop

Validus
I've seen Dunst look somewhat hot before. Not as hot as MJ should be of course but still. I guess the red hair doesn't work for her.

NoFate007
Mary Jane and Storm. Toss up.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by batdude123
Mary Jane.

thumb up

Now that I think of it, Mary Jane's much more famous than any other female character at Marvel, no doubt.

What If...
I thought the whole Mary Jane thing was a joke...

She is by far NOT that most popular female character...at all...

NoFate007
If you asked someone who wants familiar with comics to name a female character, they'd say Wonder Woman, and then if you tell them that she's DC and to name a Marvel, I bet people would immediately think Spider-Man, and then Mary Jane, just cause of the fact that a lot of people out there are being exposed to the movies and not the comics. So people aren't gonna say Betty Ross cause Hulk isn't as widely popular as Spider-Man is.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by NoFate007
If you asked someone who wants familiar with comics to name a female character, they'd say Wonder Woman, and then if you tell them that she's DC and to name a Marvel, I bet people would immediately think Spider-Man, and then Mary Jane, just cause of the fact that a lot of people out there are being exposed to the movies and not the comics. So people aren't gonna say Betty Ross cause Hulk isn't as widely popular as Spider-Man is.

What about the majority of people who aren't familiar with comics? Who would you say is the most famous then?

What If...
I'm still going with Storm because she is in 90% of all the Marvel video games, where as Jean was not in any until recently, and FF never really had a successful video game which leaves out Sue.

The 6 player arcade game had Dazzler and Storm, and we can offically say dazzler isn't the most popular.

Spider-Man arcade game had Storm as the only playable female, and she made appearences on his 80s cartoon show.

Marvel vs. Capcom, etc.

Not to mention she almost had her own video game with Rogue and Jean as side-characters, but then genesis died before release.

pr1983
On history, it'd have to be Sue Storm...

If we're gonna go by the most easily recognisable, then it'd have to be Storm (x-men storm)...

Tho her appearance in so much media is as much to do with her being possibly the only black woman with white hair in all of comics... if thats not noticeable then i dont know what is...

aton_ra
Storm, she gets out more (more titles, tv etc) which is ironic seeing that Sue goes through spae.

roughrider
Elektra, thanks to Jennifer Garner (unfortunate movies though)

jumpmann
Originally posted by What If...
I thought the whole Mary Jane thing was a joke...

She is by far NOT that most popular female character...at all...
Popular and famous aren't the same thing.

Superman is arguably the most well known superhero ever. Been kicking since the 30's, everyone knows the name. I'd put Batman a little above Spider-Man due to his stronger history but Spidey gained a lot of ground with the movies.

Anyways, when asked about Superman's love interest, most people who know Superman would be aware that its Lois Lane. Same applies to Spidey and MJ, making Mary Jane the definitive answer to this thread.

What If...
Like I said people who don't read comics on a regular basis aren't completely clueless.

Just because Spider-man is one of the more popular males, his wife doesn't make him one of the most famous females.

If you are counting by movie statistics, X-men made more in the box office than Spider-man,

and since one of the more famous actress' in that movie + 'prettiest on earth' Halle Berry, played Storm, I'd say more people knew her name.

Spideys Sister
Sue Storm, Storm, MJ Watson .. a few others.

NoFate007
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What about the majority of people who aren't familiar with comics? Who would you say is the most famous then?

If they aren't familiar with comics, they probably don't know anybody but Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man lol. There aren't any female characters that are as big as them, without counting Wonder Woman, but even she doesn't meet their standards, and even so, she's DC lol

Darth Martin
Originally posted by NoFate007
If you asked someone who wants familiar with comics to name a female character, they'd say Wonder Woman, and then if you tell them that she's DC and to name a Marvel, I bet people would immediately think Spider-Man, and then Mary Jane, just cause of the fact that a lot of people out there are being exposed to the movies and not the comics. So people aren't gonna say Betty Ross cause Hulk isn't as widely popular as Spider-Man is. It would be Mary Jane or Aunt May. I get your pouint tho.

stormfront13
in 2005, wizard did a survey of most popular females in comics. they asked random people on the streets if they knew any female comic characters. the top three from most mentioned to least mentioned were...

1)wonder woman
2)storm
3)catwoman

does that answer the question? if i remember correctly sue storm didn't even crack the top ten

What If...
You don't need to read comics to go the movies.

Some friends were talking about what movie to see the other month, and were talking about x-men somewhat accurate...it was wierd no expression

galan7777777
invisible woman

B dot Rob
Storm by a long shot

Grimm22
Storm is up there, but not when being written by Reggie Hudlin laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.