Why Jonny Depp?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diddly-dum
I know we all agree he's a great actor but say if they chose someone else,... Would it be the same?? Now we think"corse not!" but really think,.. pretend he didn't exist,.. then what??

CaptinJackLover
then we probabaly wouldnt enjoy the movies as much!

Maple Sugar
No..he makes the movie interesting..his unique potrayal of jack is an amazing one..no body in this world could do it the same like Johnny..it be good but it wouldn't be as it is now

diddly-dum
I was just wondering. I was thinking pretend he doesn't exist,.. then who would play his part?

vegaofthelyre
EEEk i cannot think of one single actor who could have portrayed Jack Sparrow like Johnny. Jack Sparrow was INVENTED by Johnny-- we've all heard how the Disney execs were freaking out about his "out there" portrayal of the "normal pirate" they had wanted for the film. Johnny told them they could either trust and accept his work or they could fire him. They decided to stick it out and kept Johnny on. The rest, of course, is history. cheers

PIRATES=SEX
if he did not exsist pirates of the caribbean the movie would not exist

CaptinJackLover
a lot of people could play the part but they wouldnt have done it the way johnny did

diddly-dum
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
a lot of people could play the part but they wouldnt have done it the way johnny did

Thats what I'm sayin'.

CaptinJackLover
but no specific actors come to mind

lovethemtigers
No no comments here...without Johnny...there is Jack Sparrow, Savvy?

mmoviejunkie
i agree no one could do it like johnny-he's an original
but i do think i'd still like it if it wasn't him, i mean before pirates if you were to say the name johnny depp to me i'd be like who??
plus we'd know nothing but who ever is playing the character so i think most people would still like the movie

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
i agree no one could do it like johnny-he's an original
but i do think i'd still like it if it wasn't him, i mean before pirates if you were to say the name johnny depp to me i'd be like who??
plus we'd know nothing but who ever is playing the character so i think most people would still like the movie

wrong....Johnny Depp is jack Sparrow and Jack Sparrow is Johnny Depp.....no one, no one else could play Jack Sparrow...if it were someone else then it would not even be the same character really, so this whole conversation is pretty unecessary..bye bye

CaptinJackLover
i would ike it but not as much as i do

diddly-dum
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
wrong....Johnny Depp is jack Sparrow and Jack Sparrow is Johnny Depp.....no one, no one else could play Jack Sparrow...if it were someone else then it would not even be the same character really, so this whole conversation is pretty unecessary..bye bye

listen! I was saying WHAT IF he didn't exist! Then what?

mmoviejunkie

ok i wouldn't really ever respond to something as stupid as this
but IF JACK SPARROW WAS NEVER PLAYED BY JOHNNY DEPP THEN YOU WOULD NEVER CONNECT THEM TOGETHER THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKED OUT IF IT WAS ANOTHER HOT FUNNY GUY PLAYING JACK SPARROW YOU WOULD SAY THE SAME EXACT THING ABOUT THAT GUY!!!

diddly-dum
THANK YOU!

mmoviejunkie
lol, you are quite welcome

diddly-dum
big grin
I'm not all that good to try to make a point,...

LovelyOne
It would have been a flop like the haunted mansion laughing out loud (another movie based on a theme park ride)

diddly-dum
A flop?

LovelyOne
as in it would do really badly at the box office..no one would like it etc.

diddly-dum
ohhh,..
LO I'm surprised that you didn't come up with a theory!!

LovelyOne
well..maybe I should *takes deep breath*.....well bascially..............laughing out loud

sailorleo
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diddly-dum
don't even think about it! lol wink

mmoviejunkie
lol i like reading lovelyone's theories
it was her post that i first read when i found this site
and it probably would be a flop if it was just a nobody playing Sparrow...'cause honesty i don't think orlando is all that cute...i mean i guess he is sorta

evilm0nki3
Well there probably wouldn't be a number 2.

mmoviejunkie
yeah

diddly-dum
true

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by diddly-dum
don't even think about it! lol wink

Guys even the producers, Disney and critics...everyone has said without Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow the movie would never have been as successful...if you are a true Pirates of the Caribbean fan and have seen all the interviews, backstage stuff and everything....JERRY< GORE>>etc. said that if Johnny Depp had not wanted to play Jack again there would have been no sequel...they know the movie cannot succeed without Johnny..you take Johnny's great portrayal out and it's just another Haunted Mansion like LovelyOne said...go ask Gore and company if you don't believe me.. Jerry and Ted have even said they wrote it with Johnny in mind, they actually approached him about playing the role before even going through with the movie in the first place....So....in answer to this....I don't mean to be rude...but no one, no one else could play Jack Sparrow....and if they did.....it would never be the blockbuster movie it is....Orlando and keira would have never been able to carry this movie....every critic says the movie is successful because of Johnny.....I'm tired of arguing a mute point....

diddly-dum
I know that,.. i was just curious

lovethemtigers
and it probably would be a flop if it was just a nobody playing Sparrow...'cause honesty i don't think orlando is all that cute...i mean i guess he is sorta

I know....sorry, but Orlando is not cute at all to me, especially up next to Johnny...but then again, as I've said on other threads...I'm just a diehard Johnny fan and I think he is the greatest actor and most beautiful man I have ever seen...but that is just my opinion....not trying to put down anyone else's opinion..

mmoviejunkie
yeah i totally agree with you,
i mean i have this friend who thinks orlando is so much hotter than johnny and i'm always thinking 'what they hell are you on??'

ooh and sorry for saying what you wrote was stupid...im really never that mean

diddly-dum
laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing
I'm sorry,.. I didn't even think this thread would even get to be this long!

LovelyOne
Guys even the producers, Disney and critics...everyone has said without Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow the movie would never have been as successful...if you are a true Pirates of the Caribbean fan and have seen all the interviews, backstage stuff and everything....JERRY< GORE>>etc. said that if Johnny Depp had not wanted to play Jack again there would have been no sequel...they know the movie cannot succeed without Johnny..you take Johnny's great portrayal out and it's just another Haunted Mansion like LovelyOne said...go ask Gore and company if you don't believe me.. Jerry and Ted have even said they wrote it with Johnny in mind, they actually approached him about playing the role before even going through with the movie in the first place....So....in answer to this....I don't mean to be rude...but no one, no one else could play Jack Sparrow....and if they did.....it would never be the blockbuster movie it is....Orlando and keira would have never been able to carry this movie....every critic says the movie is successful because of Johnny.....I'm tired of arguing a mute point....

exactly so if this guy wants love from Liz but loses out to Will turner??? then thats a big fat NO NO

LovelyOne

aw thankies big grin

mmoviejunkie
haha welcome
when i was first reading what you had written i was thinking damn this girl is smart
and then i read that you had filming classes and i was like oh makes sense

LovelyOne
LOL..I hope I'm right with the theories though laughing out loud

LovelyOne
EDIT - removed..double post sorry

diddly-dum
huh?

CaptinJackLover
im hating my friends right now cuz all of them excpet one of them want will and liz together....i cant even talk to them right now...they keep saying how cute will and liz look together and they disgust me with those words lol

diddly-dum
who could they be??

CaptinJackLover
?

diddly-dum
n/m

LovelyOne
im hating my friends right now cuz all of them excpet one of them want will and liz together....i cant even talk to them right now...they keep saying how cute will and liz look together and they disgust me with those words lol

tell them that will aint gonna be such the noble man in movie 3..he's gonna turn bad

diddly-dum
lol

CaptinJackLover
ive tried they dont listen to me when im tellin them sumthin they dont wnat to hear

LovelyOne
ive tried they dont listen to me when im tellin them sumthin they dont wnat to hear

LOL tell them he's gonna stab her in the heart..not sure if its metaphorically or literally though laughing out loud

mmoviejunkie
well atleast your friends still like pirates my friends are like yeah after awhile that movie is soo boring so this is the only place where i can talk about pirates and not get shut down 'cause my family is always telling me to shut up about pirates or johnny and then the only time my mom talks about johnny is when she's making fun of him and saying he's gay ahh it's so annoying

lovethemtigers
yeah i totally agree with you,
i mean i have this friend who thinks orlando is so much hotter than johnny and i'm always thinking 'what they hell are you on??'

ooh and sorry for saying what you wrote was stupid...im really never that mean

I'm sorry too...I am not a mean or argumentative person by nature...I'm just so adamant about Johnny and about jack and Liz I get carried away....

lovethemtigers

Yeah, I know what you mean, luv....I really don't talk to friends about it...not many of my friends have even seen the movie and if they have, they've only seen it once...although I did ask a friend the other day (who's only seen it once) - who do you think Liz likes more Jack or Will and she said: Jack....I've never really talked with her about it so I was just curious what one's observation was that was just a casual fan - only seen it once and is not obsessed like we are....

Will and Liz are definitely not Cute together in my book...uggg,,,,Just don't see how anyone can say that after seeing Liz and Jack and all their hot scenes from POTC 2, but like I said, every one has their own opinion...but that's just mine

mmoviejunkie
ha,
well yeah johnny depp sure does do one hell of a job

diddly-dum
you guys are funny!

LovelyOne
heck even keira once said in an interview, thats who her character prefers more: "the grubby and dreadlocked man"

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
heck even keira once said in an interview, thats who her character prefers more: "the grubby and dreadlocked man"

I guarantee you if Keira had her way...then we have no doubt that she would pick Johnny all the way over Orlando and Jack over Will...I bet if we were to have a heart to heart with her we would know....so hopefully Keira has some pull and can get them to give us and her the ending she wants....she was able to talk them into letting her kiss Johnny....

LovelyOne
I had a feeling they took that out becuase it would be made too obvious that she wants him laughing out loud

they cant just add a kiss in like that and then expect not to give us that kind of ending again laughing out loud darn you disney! *shakes fist*

diddly-dum
chill and let this subject drop

LovelyOne
and talk about what? Will turner..no thanks..laughing out loud

diddly-dum
ya!!! jkjk

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
and talk about what? Will turner..no thanks..laughing out loud

laughing laughing laughing a thread about Will Turner would not last very long or have very many entries cause it's such a boring subject..Poor Will

Gosh, I can't believe I'm being so nasty about Will Turner...bless his heart..he can't help it that he has to go up against the sexiest, greatest, most beautiful Pirate of all time....

lovethemtigers
Just Kidding Diddly....I like Will Turner...???I'm trying, really I am...I've searched my heart and I've tried, but I can't help it....Johnny is just so sexy as Pirate Jack...that I can't help but want to see him with Elizabeth..."two peas in a pod" "we are very much alike you and I, I-you, us.." "it should be a dress or nothing, I happen to have no dress in my cabin." "it points to the thing you want most in this world..."

CaptinJackLover
i cant stand it right now! my friends are drving me crazy with their stupid little theories that Will and Liz will end up together! and their theories suck but thye jsut wont listen to me! urgggg...so mad....can sumone give me ideas to explain to them why Jack and Liz belong together!

sailorleo
you know what im feeling the same way....i feel your pain...sux don't it

CaptinJackLover
yes!!! and they think they are soooo smart! but im like dude your theories are all the same and make no sense at all! and they dont listen! all i wnat is for them to beocme Jack/Liz supporters and not Will/Liz supporters! that all im asking! is that too hard to do... i odnt think so since its the right thing to do! *sighs*

LovelyOne
i cant stand it right now! my friends are drving me crazy with their stupid little theories that Will and Liz will end up together! and their theories suck but thye jsut wont listen to me! urgggg...so mad....can sumone give me ideas to explain to them why Jack and Liz belong together!

She's wearing his missing hat throughout the movie..As soon as we see Jack trying on lots of hats and then leaving the tavern unsatisfied..Liz basically comes along and all of a sudden she is wearing a hat that looks incredibly similar to Jacks old one. There is no explanation as to why she's wearing this hat..and before she was wearing a straw one.

She is the missing part of him.

CaptinJackLover
ooh thats good! thank you!

sailorleo
what we should do is open an official debate thread for jack and liz and will and liz....i know there sorta already is one but that went horribly out of hand and hardly anyone backs will

*jcd*gmc*
Johnny's hot-no one can replace him

lovethemtigers

check out "all clues point to Jack and Liz" there are some good points on there.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by sailorleo
what we should do is open an official debate thread for jack and liz and will and liz....i know there sorta already is one but that went horribly out of hand and hardly anyone backs will

yeah cuz will is boring..there's not much to talk about

~Flamboyant~
Arnold Schwartzennager would play a sick Jack Sparrow!

diddly-dum
what did I miss!

Velkyn
ok, been reading and catching up on these threads and decided to start off my PoTC life with this one.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Johnny Depp. He has taken some pretty seriously not so great roles in the past, and made a few of them into actual Oscar contenders. I think he spends every moment after he is first handed a script, and analyzes it to see what he really thinks a character should think, act or do... not just a mindless cronie actor that goes to a director and whines about wanting motivation, on each line.

There is nothing that makes a character that much more memorable than someone that actually lives the life of that character and brings more to the table than is just written in the script.

So, to answer the question... without Johnny Depp.. umm.. I have no clue.. lol

ivebeendepped43
if POTC didnt have JOhnny in it, i wouldnt have looked twice at it, im so serious. that is he ONLY reason i watch that move, really. and Arnold Shwartzeneger would be a complete and totally suky Jack Sparrow. he would like snap and just start shooting people!

ivebeendepped43
lol im funny!

sailorleo
well here'a an actually answer to the question instead of johnny = god.....Carey Elwes!

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
if POTC didnt have JOhnny in it, i wouldnt have looked twice at it, im so serious. that is he ONLY reason i watch that move, really. and Arnold Shwartzeneger would be a complete and totally suky Jack Sparrow. he would like snap and just start shooting people!

haha, funny
who's carey elwes??

sailorleo
have you seen the princess bride...he was westley....or robin hood men in tights.....he was robin of locksley.

mmoviejunkie
no i haven't seen either of those

sailorleo
...now i know why....how about ella enchanted.....he was the bad guy (which there totally wasn't in the book!) http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0093779/Ss/0093779/6120_16_4.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Elwes,%20Cary go there....

mmoviejunkie
nope i haven't seen that one either
so you were saying that he could play jack if johnny didn't?

ivebeendepped43
that is a great idea! i never thought of Cary Elwes! i love him! i cant believe u havent seen Robin Hood Men in Tights or Princess Bride or Ella Enchanted! he is so awesome! i could definitly see him playing Jack! but Johnny would always be better. but i do really love Cary Elwes

sailorleo
yeah..he's so great....i was horrified by the fact that he was hi saw...i never saw it and now i wont b/c i don't want to see anything bad happen to him

ivebeendepped43
what?

mmoviejunkie
um...yeah i'd probably see robin hood in tights but i would probably never see the other too 'cause i'm not really into all that princess shit

sailorleo
....right......yeah....i'm not gonna waste my time defending the princess bride....i just nominated carey to comply with the thread in an attempt to stay on topic

mmoviejunkie
lol, wait is princess bride the one where she lives in new york with her mom and then she finds out she's a princess so she has to learn how to be one?

sailorleo
no...the princess bride is a movie made in the 87....it's a satirical piece of art! it's a good movie (you were thinking of the pricess diaries

mmoviejunkie
riiight i like that one

ivebeendepped43
yeah, thats good 2, but Princess Bride is 1 million times better!"Stop rhyming and i mean it! Anybody wanna peanut?" totally classic line!

diddly-dum
whats going on??

ivebeendepped43
were talking about if Johnny Depp didnt exist (i dont even wanna think about that, but) then who would be Capn Jack. and we decided that Cary Elwes is the best choice. in case u dont know who he is he is Westley in Princess Bride,he was Robin of Locksley in Robin Hood:Men in Tights, and he was the evi Uncle in Ella Enchanted. we decided he would be awesome! but he could never live up to Johnny, but he would be the next best thin, def.!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.