Force Heretic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Here's the new cover art for New Jedi Order: Force Heretic

http://www.jedinet.com//literature/assets/images/fhrem-thumb.jpg

As you can see this is either an unfinished pic or just a portion of the full cover.

yerssot
not very star wars-ish

is that the last book?

LanceWindu
Oh hell no!

There's like 5 more.

yerssot
5? sick

LanceWindu
Maybe I'm wrong.

I'll need to check on it.

Maybe there's more.

yerssot
that's too much! I need to think about my money!

LanceWindu
And you have to think:

There's, I believe, 2 hardcovers that still need to come out.

Those are the ones that cost $25.00 a piece.

yerssot
it was either leave Star by Star in the US or pay for the hardcover!

Julie
I do hope that the picture is not the final.....and I agree that it's not very "Star Warsish" but if you think about it the covers for NJO do vary a lot.... In my opinion the covers are as follows
Vector Prime: intriguing, weird
Onslaught: boring
Ruin: Boring
Hero's Trial: just ok
Jedi Eclipse: kinda patchy looking
Balance Point: don't remember
Conquest: nice
Rebirth: what's up with luke's face?
Star by Star: creepy
Dark Journey: haunting
Rebel Dream: decent
Rebel Stand: Interesting and ok
Traitor: very DJ-ish I like it.....

I hope they stick with the nice looking covers.

JediOasis
The Force Heretic series is going a book trilogy with the titles; Remenant, Refugee and Reunion. They take place after Destiny's Way and, I think, are the last of the paperbacks making way for the 5th and final book, Unifying Force.

LanceWindu
First we have Destiny's Way, then The Force Heretic series, then the fith and final HC and final book in the NJO, The Unifying Force.

Julie
Is there an echo in here?

LanceWindu
Is there an echo in here?

(Sorry I had to do it.)

Julie
Yes there is....now that that's straightened out...we can move on with our lives and our conversations...your move wink

Julie
starwars.com Expanded Universe News Article

First Look: Force Heretic I: Remnant
September 11, 2002

As the bloodied and weary galaxy faces battle once more, the Jedi take on the formidable task of bringing the last of the Empire into the light...
In an attempt to contain the Yuuzhan Vong threat once and for all, Luke Skywalker, his wife Mara and Jacen Solo head off into the Unknown Regions to find the secret of Zonama Sekot, a long lost planet that may hold the key to winning the war.

Force Heretic is only the name of the trilogy.....

LanceWindu
And for those that don't know...Zenoma Sekot is the planet that is in the book Rogue Planet.

JediOasis
Rogue Planet is the probably the worst SW book I have ever read, except for maybe Traitor. I was afraid after Vergere was introduced that Zenoma Sekot would become involved. Oh well, maybe Luke will learn something about Anakin now that he gets to talk to Veregere and go to the planet his dad was on as a kid.

Corran
I disagree, I think the worst ever SW book was The approaching Storm, it was just bad, the Jedi Knights Luminarri and Obi-wan got caught off guard too many times for Jedi knights, it never seemed to really get going, and if it was one of the first SW books anyone read then they would have struggled even further because of the vagueness of it in certain parts.

Julie
Well I don't know about the worst star wars book ever written...but Rogue Planet did come close as far as boring goes....Also the Black Fleet Crisis was awful...IMHO ....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.