Count Dooku Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
Count Dooku runs the Gauntlet. He has a half hour's rest between each round.

1.) 3 Droidekas
2.) 8 MagnaGuards
3.) Delta Squad
4.) 5 IG-88
5.) Jango Fett and Boba Fett
6.) Durge and Grievous
7.) Muniilist 10
8.) Asajj Ventress and 15 B2 Super Battle Droids

How far does he get?

kamikz
However long he makes it, I really doubt he makes it past 6...

ESB Vader
well hes the one who taught grievious everything and grivious couldnt do anything with 4 sabers to obi wan, thats cuz obi is good though

Council#13
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos

1.) 3 Droidekas
2.) 8 MagnaGuards
3.) Delta Squad
4.) 5 IG-88
6.) Durge and Grievous
7.) Muniilist 10

How far does he get?

1. He can use the Force to simply wipe them out.
2. A bit of trouble here. The Magna Gaurds are good, but I think Dooku is good enough to hold them off and win. With the help of the Force. And it depends on where he is.
3. He would be able to beat them with some trouble. Depends, once again, where he is.
4. Same as 3. Only more trouble cause he's tired.
5. He may lose here. It depends really, on location and stuff. I don't know about how good his Makashi will be against Boba and Jango Fett's blasters. He would also be real tired. I dunno. He did well against the Mandalorians. He may win, may not.
6. He definately looses here. It took a sun to kill Durge. He'd be ultra tired by now. He may take out Grievous, but according to LOE, at some points he was "hard-pressed" to beat Grievous, and "kept somethings to himself" just in case.
7. Dunno who or what that is.
8. If he were fully refreshed he would win. But he's tired and dead from 6 so he'd be owned (because he's dead. Not because he's tired. Dead. That's right Rampant no expression)

Spartan ll
Muunilist 10 was the squad made of ARCs and Clone Troopers that inifltrated and captured Muunilist itself, in the Clone Wars TV series.

Council#13
Oh them. Okay, he beats them. Or he dies there. I dunno. He dies at 6 no matter what.

Quinlan_Vos
1.) 3 Droidekas- Beats them with Force Pushes
2.) 8 MagnaGuards- Uses Lightning to fry half of them and then uses his bladework to overcome them
3.) Delta Squad- These guys are good, but Dooku will win.
4.) 5 IG-88- Slightly more difficult, but Dooku will win.
5.) Jango Fett and Boba Fett- Dooku may have trouble with these two. Both are master gunman, so it'll be tough but Dooku wins.
6.) Durge and Grievous- Durge is almost just as good as Jango and Boba, and with Grievous Dooku will be hard-pressed. I say he loses or barely wins.
7.) Muniilist 10- This platoon is good. It has several squads of ARC's plus normal troopers. Dooku gets overwhelmed.
8.) Asajj Ventress and 15 B2 Super Battle Droids- Doesn't make it. Even if he does, he loses.

jollyjim311
If not 5 than 6.

Advent
Originally posted by jollyjim311
If not 5 than 6.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos

1.) 3 Droidekas
2.) 8 MagnaGuards
3.) Delta Squad
4.) 5 IG-88
6.) Durge and Grievous
7.) Muniilist 10

How far does he get?

1. Wins while sipping his Martini.
2. Wins, but it may take a bit out of him. No martini sipping.
3. Dunno how good Delta Squad are. I would say that Dooku wins through the force - but it wont be easy.
4. Same as above
5. Makashi doesnt fare well against blasters, but Dooku is an experienced master. He will more than likely be apt at deflecting blaster fire even with Makashi. It will be tough but I would say that Dooku splits them up with the force and then beats them.
6. He can beat GG with ease. It has been proven in the CW cartoon. But the Count will probably be to tired to throw Durge into the sun by then. If he was fully refreshed he could, but not now.
7. He is already sipping Martini's in heaven.
8. He is already sipping Martini's in heaven.

Council#13
I believe we can all safely say that Rampant Ox should have no say in this topic whatsoever wink

darthsecretus30
Dooku wipes all out without re-adjusting his private parts

jollyjim311
Number 4 would be tough and tire him out for 5. If he lived through five, then, he'd die early on in six.

Darth Kreiger
He dies at the 8 MagnaGuards, you saw how well 1 held against Anakin/Obi-Wan, let alone 8 at once

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
He dies at the 8 MagnaGuards, you saw how well 1 held against Anakin/Obi-Wan, let alone 8 at once

Wouldnt force lightning just short circuit them? Also Dooku could just lift them up with the force and throw them into each other. The duo couldnt do that on the Invisible Hand because of the enclosed space.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Wouldnt force lightning just short circuit them? Also Dooku could just lift them up with the force and throw them into each other. The duo couldnt do that on the Invisible Hand because of the enclosed space.

Force Lightning would likely have no effect, and only can pick up 1 at a time, doubtful he could destroy em that way, Magnaguards win

Coleman Trebor
How again would they block the lightning? The way Jedi block it is by using the force to draw the lightning into the blade itself. Magnagards cant do that. And thers no proof saying he can only sue ti on one guy at a time. Force lightning has a tendancy to spread a bit, not stay in like, c compact ball or anything. Dooku owns them.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Coleman Trebor
How again would they block the lightning? The way Jedi block it is by using the force to draw the lightning into the blade itself. Magnagards cant do that. And thers no proof saying he can only sue ti on one guy at a time. Force lightning has a tendancy to spread a bit, not stay in like, c compact ball or anything. Dooku owns them.

Maybe, but I think he gets overpowered by them, his Makashi won't allow him to fight 8

Rampant ox
Force Lightning would likely have no effect,

Says who. Magnadroids are just that, droids. There would have to be some sort of motor/engine/computer chip inside them making them work. So it is logical to assume that force lightning would short circuit them.

Proof? We know that Dooku is an extremely powerful force user. We have seen him rip down solid rock rooves, and steel balconies. It would not be difficult for him to lift up several droids at once. He might pick up three and throw them into another three and then kill the remaining two. If any survived he would go on to slaughter them. I think you are grossly overestimating the power of magnadroids. They are good, but not gods.

Darth Kreiger
Says who. Magnadroids are just that, droids. There would have to be some sort of motor/engine/computer chip inside them making them work. So it is logical to assume that force lightning would short circuit them.

Proof? We know that Dooku is an extremely powerful force user. We have seen him rip down solid rock rooves, and steel balconies. It would not be difficult for him to lift up several droids at once. He might pick up three and throw them into another three and then kill the remaining two. If any survived he would go on to slaughter them. I think you are grossly overestimating the power of magnadroids. They are good, but not gods.

Still, he might not get a chance to use the Force, his Lightning was shown as only taking 1 person, he might be able to lift some up, but they could likely dodge them, and proceed to hit Dooku

Rampant ox
Still, he might not get a chance to use the Force, his Lightning was shown as only taking 1 person, he might be able to lift some up, but they could likely dodge them, and proceed to hit Dooku

Well it would depend on how far away they start. But remember that Dooku only duels with one hand, leaving the other open to use the force. It wont be hard for him to fire of blasts of force lightning while duelling. Also they aren't force sensitive. They wont be able to a) know when Dooku is about to use the force and b) block any force attacks the Count uses.

Coleman Trebor
he was only shown using it on one person, because he always only fights one person at a time when he uses it.

On Geonosis, Anakin ran in, leaving Obi-Wan behind, and got stomped.

When fighting ventress for the first time, he used lightning on her, but again it was just him vs. her.

Rampant ox
he was only shown using it on one person, because he always only fights one person at a time when he uses it.

On Geonosis, Anakin ran in, leaving Obi-Wan behind, and got stomped.

When fighting ventress for the first time, he used lightning on her, but again it was just him vs. her.

True. But thats not to say he cant use it when fighting multiple opponents. Also there is a vast difference between fighting jedi/sith and droids.

Darth Kreiger
These are advanced Droids, they had the ability to fight Jedi, and they don't have the Force, I doubt if he even does use the Force, he will win, I think they'll overpower em

Coleman Trebor
True. But thats not to say he cant use it when fighting multiple opponents. Also there is a vast difference between fighting jedi/sith and droids.

i was defending you...

I was explainign why Dooku's never been shown using lightnign on mulitple people,

Rampant ox
i was defending you...

I was explainign why Dooku's never been shown using lightnign on mulitple people,

Lol, so you were. Sorry its late and im on the brink of getting drunk on martini's...

Rampant ox
These are advanced Droids, they had the ability to fight Jedi, and they don't have the Force, I doubt if he even does use the Force, he will win, I think they'll overpower em

Yes, but they are droids none the less. Not one ounce of force sensitivity in them. The only way they will win is through pure numbers. If Dooku can keep a fair distance from them he will destroy them with lightning. If they get into a duel Dooku should be able to hold them back long enough to shoot them with lightning anyway. And sorry for the double post.

Darth Kreiger
Yes, but they are droids none the less. Not one ounce of force sensitivity in them. The only way they will win is through pure numbers. If Dooku can keep a fair distance from them he will destroy them with lightning. If they get into a duel Dooku should be able to hold them back long enough to shoot them with lightning anyway. And sorry for the double post.

Droids who were capable of Fighting Jedi, and I believe sometimes winning against them. How will he keep distance? These Droids are like Mini-Versions of Grievous, all acrobatic-like, at the most he could probably fight 2-3 of them, he can probably wipe out half at the beginning if his Lightning effects em all, but the battle-area isn't specified, can't really say

Coleman Trebor
Droids who were capable of Fighting Jedi, and I believe sometimes winning against them. How will he keep distance? These Droids are like Mini-Versions of Grievous, all acrobatic-like, at the most he could probably fight 2-3 of them, he can probably wipe out half at the beginning if his Lightning effects em all, but the battle-area isn't specified, can't really say

Most of the droi weren't even that fast, despite BF II, they couldn't sprint, just jog. Dooku, depending on his location, should easily be able to get at least 10 meters away and just destroy them with the force.

Darth Kreiger
In the Clone Wars Cartoon they did show Sprinting, but I'm assuming these Fights are at distance of what Anakin/Obi-Wan were at before they began their Epic duel, a fair ammount. Dooku won't be able to blow enough away, they just need half to win this in Staff vs. Saber duel, Makashi is made for 1vs1, his mastery gave him 2-3

Rampant ox
Droids who were capable of Fighting Jedi, and I believe sometimes winning against them.

Yes, but Dooku is leagues above your average jedi.

Force jump comes to mind. Dooku is fairly acrobatic for his age, we saw him forward flipping over the balcony in ROTS. Or he could just force push the droids away from him.

Dooku can wtf pwn Greivous. Your whole argument collapses right there.

Force lightning isnt something where you fire it for a second and have to wait a while to use it again. Dooku could just fire off a blast of force lightning at the beginning and not stop it until all the droids are dead.

Darth Kreiger
Yes, but Dooku is leagues above your average jedi.

Force jump comes to mind. Dooku is fairly acrobatic for his age, we saw him forward flipping over the balcony in ROTS. Or he could just force push the droids away from him.

Dooku can wtf pwn Greivous. Your whole argument collapses right there.

Force lightning isnt something where you fire it for a second and have to wait a while to use it again. Dooku could just fire off a blast of force lightning at the beginning and not stop it until all the droids are dead.

Dooku may be better than the Average Jedi, but 8 Average Jedi could kill Dooku.

We don't know if Force Jump works here, either way, the droids could follow him and surround him rather quickly. Force Push might work, it still depends on the area, and who knows if he could push ALL 8 away before a Couple get to him, and give the others time to get to him

Dooku can't WTF PWN Grievous, shortly before his Force Crush, he was able to Stalemate Mace in saber combat, Mace > Dooku, Dooku would have to get in a Lucky Force attack to beat Grievous. My arguement doesn't collapse either way, there are 8 of them, Mini-Grievous'

The area of effect for Dooku's Lightning is unknown, covering all 8 would be tough for Sidious', they move really quickly. And after a while you drain your Force ability, without the Force in Saber Combat, Dooku is just another old man.

Dooku could win this, but they would definately injure him, chances of 1 of those 8 Staves hitting him is pretty high

Rampant ox
Dooku may be better than the Average Jedi, but 8 Average Jedi could kill Dooku.

Possibly. But I think you are either underestimating the power of Dooku or overestimating the power of the droids.

Why wouldnt it?

Here is an example of what would happen. Dooku fores off a blast of force lightning, killing two droids. He force jumps back 10-15 metres before killing another two droids with lightning. He then seperstaes the remailing four droids into pairs with the force and begins to slaughter them with his saber. My point is that Dooku has a massive advantage because of the force.

Wrong. In the CW cartoon we see Dooku pwning GG with relative ease. I cant find the link at the moment to show you but trust me, Dooku is better than Greivous.

Fair enough. I doubt Dooku could take out 8 GG at once. However Magndroids are nowhere near as strong as GG himself.

True. But the droids cant block the lightning. They aren't force sensitive. It would take longer for the Count to get tired than it would for him to beat them all with the force.

Possibly. Depends on whether they get into a saber duel or a force battle. Dooku is a smart guy, I am quite sure he would not be stupid enough to go head to head with 8 magnadroids with his saber alone.

jollyjim311
Dooku could take out maybe three with lightning, and then out-duel the rest. Magnaguards are good, but, they couldn't beat Dooku. Makashi is a lot of stabbing, and not many powerful slashes, so, magnaguards durability would help them, and leave Dooku tired, but, he would win.

By the Way, Shaak Ti, a makashi user inferior to Dooku managed to hold her own and defeat more than 8 magnaguards in the Clone Wars series.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Dooku could take out maybe three with lightning, and then out-duel the rest. Magnaguards are good, but, they couldn't beat Dooku. Makashi is a lot of stabbing, and not many powerful slashes, so, magnaguards durability would help them, and leave Dooku tired, but, he would win.

By the Way, Shaak Ti, a makashi user inferior to Dooku managed to hold her own and defeat more than 8 magnaguards in the Clone Wars series.

It would take 4 Droids to kill him, or at least wound him for the next fight, Makashi is made for 1 oppenent, he according to Wiki mastered it so well, he could take 3 Jedi at once.

Shaak Ti hasn't been factualy noted as being a Makashi user, main reason being she survived Geonosis, where all Makashi users died, that takes some credit from it. Battles from the Clone Wars, and Force Powers were exaggerated, it should be noted early on she had trouble with 1-2

jollyjim311
Sure she was more powerful than she should be, but, so were the magnaguards. Just imagine a more slow paced battle. Dooku is a better duelist than Shaak, and could do better, regardless of the type lightsaber form.

John!attheDisco
It would take 4 Droids to kill him, or at least wound him for the next fight, Makashi is made for 1 oppenent, he according to Wiki mastered it so well, he could take 3 Jedi at once.

Shaak Ti hasn't been factualy noted as being a Makashi user, main reason being she survived Geonosis, where all Makashi users died, that takes some credit from it. Battles from the Clone Wars, and Force Powers were exaggerated, it should be noted early on she had trouble with 1-2

Well, for one thing, 3 Jedi at once> Droids

Another, all Niman users dies at Geonosis, not Makashi.

And if they are exaggerated for Shaak Ti, they are exaggerated for Droids, but either way, it's canon.

darthsith19
1. You know how hard this would be? TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had a tie with 2 of them, a tie and although Dooku's sueprior to these 2 your adding in a third droideka. I could see him going down here, he probably makes it but has a LOT of trouble (unless the shields don't block lightning, then it's only a little hard).
2. Again, 2 Magnagaurds put up an allright fight against ROTS Kenobi so these 8 have a good chance at taking the Count out. But, again, if they can't block lightning then the Count prevails.
3. Delta Squad gives Dooku trouble, too, but he makes it.
4. Dooku goes down, his only chance is using lightning but even so if he shoots lightning by the time he kills all 5 of them so much fire will have come his way that it'll be impossible for him to block it all. He dies.
5. I have no idea why these 2 are way up here, These 2 are about on par with 1 and 2.

And what the hell does #7 mean?

So he probably goes down at #4.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Muunilist 10 was the squad made of ARCs and Clone Troopers that infiltrated and captured Muunilist itself, in the Clone Wars TV series.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by John!attheDisco
Well, for one thing, 3 Jedi at once> Droids

Another, all Niman users dies at Geonosis, not Makashi.

And if they are exaggerated for Shaak Ti, they are exaggerated for Droids, but either way, it's canon.

1 MagnaGuard is about equal with the Average Jedi

Niman and Makashi users both died at Geonosis

The Droid's numbers were exaggerated, there is no way ANY Jedi, not even Dooku, could fight 100 of these things. The Droids were under-powered in the Cartoon actually, in ROTS they fight much better, yet the events were only Hours, if not minutes after the Cartoon. Anakin, who we all know is superior to Dooku, had trouble fighting 1.

He has to get a lucky Force attack in, only way to win this.

I just realised the first fight are Destroyer Droids, Dooku could very well lose to them with his terrible Blaster Deflect, and their Shields against his attacks, both Saber and Force

kamikz
How does Dooku have terrible defence against blasters? Because KOTOR says that Makashi is bad against blasters? They just wanted every form to have a bad side and a good side, and Dooku is still taught in other forms, and has the force which still will tell him where the shots are gonna land....

And just a question. How would shields stop the force? Isn't that the same as saying a wall should stop the force, but it sure didn't when Darth Vader choked that admiral in ESB....

John!attheDisco
1 MagnaGuard is about equal with the Average Jedi
minus the force.

Niman and Makashi users both died at Geonosis
Source?

The Droid's numbers were exaggerated, there is no way ANY Jedi, not even Dooku, could fight 100 of these things. The Droids were under-powered in the Cartoon actually, in ROTS they fight much better, yet the events were only Hours, if not minutes after the Cartoon. Anakin, who we all know is superior to Dooku, had trouble fighting 1.

But it didn't even come close to injuring him.

He has to get a lucky Force attack in, only way to win this.

Lucky? He can fry them from the start to the end of the fight as he needs only one hand to block their attacks.

I just realised the first fight are Destroyer Droids, Dooku could very well lose to them with his terrible Blaster Deflect, and their Shields against his attacks, both Saber and Force

Originally posted by kamikz
How does Dooku have terrible defence against blasters? Because KOTOR says that Makashi is bad against blasters? They just wanted every form to have a bad side and a good side, and Dooku is still taught in other forms, and has the force which still will tell him where the shots are gonna land....

And just a question. How would shields stop the force? Isn't that the same as saying a wall should stop the force, but it sure didn't when Darth Vader choked that admiral in ESB....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.