Toe to Toe with Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
OK this is just a thread where we list guys who can go toe to toe with superman there are no outside sources allowed (Magic hammers or swords wink ) When i say toe to toe i mean matching him blow for blow, speed for speed and versatility in powers. Guys like surfer and Heralds are excluded in fact cosmics and sky fathers arnt allowed with the exception of Thor and Herc. In these fight supes doesn't fight like he does in the comics same goes for his challengers, what i mean is that supes can use his speed to the fullest or he can use his heat vision while engaging an opponent in a fisticuff.

Ultraman Baltan
This has been done before. But, I would say Shazam, with Shazam coming on top later.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by sexyking
OK this is just a thread where we list guys who can go toe to toe with superman there are no outside sources allowed (Magic hammers or swords wink ) When i say toe to toe i mean matching him blow for blow, speed for speed and versatility in powers. Guys like surfer and Heralds are excluded in fact cosmics and sky fathers arnt allowed with the exception of Thor and Herc. In these fight supes doesn't fight like he does in the comics same goes for his challengers, what i mean is that supes can use his speed to the fullest or he can use his heat vision while engaging an opponent in a fisticuff.

HOw is it blow for blow if he is using heat vision but the other character can't use a weapon that is part of thier character?

sexyking
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
HOw is it blow for blow if he is using heat vision but the other character can't use a weapon that is part of thier character?

Although its part of their character its still an outside source a weapon and not part of their abilities, I know the Thor fanboys will have a problem with Thor not been able to use his hammer due to the fact that it cripples him but i think Thor's strength should be taking into consideration as should his fighting skills.

sexyking
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
This has been done before. But, I would say Shazam, with Shazam coming on top later.

I should have thought about magic OK so we balance it out Supes weakness to magic is removed this is just punch for punch speed for speed and lightning to heat vision.

IMHO i see guys like Doomsday, Lobo, and MM holding ground.

ankur29
darkseid , black adam , captain marvel (old) , new captain marvel with shazam's powers wins ,

is this just dc chrecters?

sexyking
Originally posted by ankur29
darkseid , black adam , captain marvel (old) , new captain marvel with shazam's powers wins ,

is this just dc chrecters?

No it isn't only DC Characters, darkseid is excluded due to been cosmic and new captain marvel with shazams powers is sky father level so his excluded as well.

Bol Gath
IMO Thor is a better fighter than sups, so is Herc. The problem here is sups speed (he is one fast muttha big grin). But I think that even without his hammer Thor would win a small majority say 5-6/10.

Bol Gath
I would like to say Hulk. But he isn't fast enough... if it was a pure slugfest the fight would be over as soon as hulk gets a hold of sups... but if sups play it smart he won't let hulk grab him once he sees how strong hulk is.

Darth Martin
Imo Superman would murder Thor without the hammer. But that is a whole different thread.

Martian Manhunter
Black Adam
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Lobo

All of these guys could pull wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman has an outside power source. The sun. SO I dont' get why others would face him without an outside source. All High tier beings have an outside sourse. But since we are talking toe to toe. here's the list

Gladiator
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Hulk
Doomsday
Darksied can win without any help from his cosmic powers.
Orion Can win with out help from the astro force
Drax
Kid Miracle Man
Samaritan
Majestic
Ultra Man
Superion
Immortal Herculese
Champion of the Universe
kalibak
Thor
M'onel
Protex or any othe Martian and they can win since they have Tp
Despero
Mongul
General Eiling
Maxima
Zod
Bizarro
Ultimate Destoyer Armor
SBp can kill Superman
Superman 1 million can kill super man with ease
Gog can outslug superman
magog can as well
The Classic Juggernaut can Stand up to Supers
Count Nefaria
Amazo

Ultraman Baltan
Ultraman(original) would be a nice match for Supes. But as well, it woulld go to Ultraman. Superman has many fights and have ranged from classes 20-100+. Ultraman's weakest battle was class 100. Nothing has ever been less.

complexbrother
Silver Surfer
http://www.hollywoodshoppes.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ata24367mv.jpg
is my #1 choice.

Tassadar
Superman has an outside power source. The sun. SO I dont' get why others would face him without an outside source. All High tier beings have an outside sourse. But since we are talking toe to toe. here's the list

Gladiator
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Hulk
Doomsday
Drax
Kid Miracle Man
Samaritan
Majestic
Ultra Man
Superion
Immortal Herculese
Champion of the Universe
kalibak
Thor
M'onel
Despero
Mongul
General Eiling
Maxima
Zod
Bizarro
Ultimate Destoyer Armor
SBp can kill Superman
Gog can outslug superman
magog can as well
Count Nefaria
Amazo

Amazo seems like he would be excluded, as his powers come from people he has copied, and Kalibak doesnt stand a chance against Superman if Supes uses his powers to their full extent. Agree with the rest though.

golem370
Silver Surfer is not a fighter in a pure fight SS would lose

golem370
How about Beta Ray Bill,Kurse,Magni & Gilgmesh

Indestructible- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/indestrc.htm
Typhon- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/typhonav.htm
Hoarfen- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hoarfenasgard.htm

Broly92
Composite Superman

sexyking
Originally posted by complexbrother
Silver Surfer
http://www.hollywoodshoppes.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ata24367mv.jpg
is my #1 choice.

Sorry no cosmics.

sexyking
Originally posted by Bol Gath
I would like to say Hulk. But he isn't fast enough... if it was a pure slugfest the fight would be over as soon as hulk gets a hold of sups... but if sups play it smart he won't let hulk grab him once he sees how strong hulk is.

hmmmmmmmmmmm well thats debatable in itself there are many who would say supes can hang with hulk even without the advantage and versatility his other power provide.

DigiMark007

No magic? No swords? No heralds? No Skyfathers?

And Superman can use all his powers, but everyone else can only punch him?

Doesn't really seem fair, does it? Supes wins, I guess, but it's awfully lopsided for him.

sexyking
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No magic? No swords? No heralds? No Skyfathers?

And Superman can use all his powers, but everyone else can only punch him?

Doesn't really seem fair, does it? Supes wins, I guess, but it's awfully lopsided for him.

Lol it seems people are misinterpreting the basis of this thread, the guys supes fight are also allowed to use all their powers as well as long as its not from an external source.

rotiart
Superman gets his power from an external source.... He gets it from the sun. So you should say for purposes of this fight, he doesn't get to absorb the energies of the sun then...

stick out tongue

If you're just gonna lean the fight your way.

Daniel Bedingfield wins the fight!

sexyking
Originally posted by rotiart
Superman gets his power from an external source.... He gets it from the sun. So you should say for purposes of this fight, he doesn't get to absorb the energies of the sun then...

stick out tongue

If you're just gonna lean the fight your way.

Daniel Bedingfield wins the fight!

confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic) I am not leaning nothing my way i thought people wouldnt have to be told that superman wont get to sundip in this fight and for those that didnt catch on well now you know.

mighty adam

Gladiator
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Hulk
Doomsday
Drax
Kid Miracle Man
Samaritan
Majestic
Ultra Man
Superion
Immortal Herculese
Champion of the Universe
kalibak
Thor
M'onel
Despero
Mongul
General Eiling
Maxima
Zod
Bizarro
Ultimate Destoyer Armor
SBp can kill Superman
Gog can outslug superman
magog can as well
Count Nefaria
Amazo you got a real good list.

H. S. 6
confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic) I am not leaning nothing my way i thought people wouldnt have to be told that superman wont get to sundip in this fight and for those that didnt catch on well now you know.

He wasn't talking about him getting a sundip.

Superman's powers come from an outside source (the sun). You're taking away all of the outside sources his opponent's normally use in battle, correct? So that means Superman doesn't get a sun.'

No sun = no powers. Kapiche?

D-Block
Captain Marvel
Thor ( even without the hammer he still has powers)
Black Adam
Wonder Woman
Captain Atom
Beta Ray Bill
MM
Sentry
Gladiator
Orion
Wonder Man

MattDay
yea i agree with D-block, but I digress just to point out, superman has either beaten these guys in the comics or has equal or better chances of beating the one's he hasn't faced purely on similar characters he has fought and beaten, and feats like going into hell and beating all the demons there and so on... read the respect thread to understand what he has done to tremendously powerful beings... basically beating them from a comeback attack... cliche attack it should be named

sexyking
Originally posted by H. S. 6
He wasn't talking about him getting a sundip.

Superman's powers come from an outside source (the sun). You're taking away all of the outside sources his opponent's normally use in battle, correct? So that means Superman doesn't get a sun.'

No sun = no powers. Kapiche?

Ok so lets say supes has reserves, reserves= no sundipping. Kapiche?

complexbrother
ok no cosmics ..
then either Count Nefaria
http://dragonhero.com/graphics/marvel2/count-nefaria2.jpg

or

Mon El (Valor)
http://dragonhero.com/graphics/lsh/mon-el.png

or
Doop
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/010801_doop.gif
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Doop

Bol Gath
hmmmmmmmmmmm well thats debatable in itself there are many who would say supes can hang with hulk even without the advantage and versatility his other power provide.

maybe... I agree that superman has a higher starting strength. But Hulks strength is limitless. And the really scary part is that he can go from being able to lift 100 tons to 150 billion tons in seconds. But as I said: If sups is playing it smart he won't slug it out with the Hulk, that would be a horrible idea. Even for sups

Adam Warlock
Hollywood could go toe to toe with Superman.

Bol Gath
Hollywood would casually pimp slap sups (thanos vs hulk&drax style) back to the leftovers of kryptonbig grin

galan7777777
either a full confidence gladiator, or sentry could match supes

D-Block
Originally posted by MattDay
yea i agree with D-block, but I digress just to point out, superman has either beaten these guys in the comics or has equal or better chances of beating the one's he hasn't faced purely on similar characters he has fought and beaten, and feats like going into hell and beating all the demons there and so on... read the respect thread to understand what he has done to tremendously powerful beings... basically beating them from a comeback attack... cliche attack it should be named

Yes but everyone on the list also has the ability to beat him and Most of the ones he's faced have stalemated him on occasions and in some peoples opinion got the better of him in some of their scuffles.

PS I have read his respect thread and Alot of people on my list has had high showings against powerful foes.

complexbrother
no supporters for Doop ?

great_dane
The Flash. flash would beat him 10/10 times.

He would steal his speed leaving him motionless and viabrate through him. and as for his heat vision, heat is basically light, the flash is able to move to as where his body's molecules, (since he has complete control over them) bypass any form of light, making him invisible, his heat vision would have no effect

newyorkcares
The sentry could give supes a pretty good beating, because other than his psychosis, Sentry doesn't really have a weakness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.