Luke Skywalker vs. Kyp Durron & Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
This is NJO Luke Skywalker vs. NJO Kyp Durron and Clone Wars Mace Windu. Who takes it? Lightsaber battle only. Force attacks are not permitted.

darth siphon
it would probably be kyp + mace. luke is powerful but he couldn't beat both kyp and mace at the same time

jollyjim311
In a lightsaber fight? Mace would be tough, and Durron isn't a pushover, but, I doubt they could beat Luke. Either way it'd be tough.

Edited, now who looks stupid? Still me?

General Kon-El
It isn't Corran. It's Durron

Blue_Hefner
Kyp and Mace win.

Nikkolas
Windu, one of the greatest lightsaber fighters in Jedi history with Kyp, an NJO powerhouse? I say they get it, but just barely. Like...5.5/10 times.

Coleman Trebor
Luke destroys Mace in SECONDS with the force, then proceeds to take out Kyp.

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Coleman Trebor
Luke destroys Mace in SECONDS with the force, then proceeds to take out Kyp. What part of Lightsaber battle only. Force attacks are not permitted. do you not understand? What the f**k?

darthsith19
Mace and Kyp for sure. From what I hear Kyp isn't far behind Skywalker, but his saber skilsl might not be the greatest, but I'd put Clone Wars Mace as near NJO Luke, I mean he did, unarmed, take out an entire legion of droids with ease and he's wickedly fast.

kamikz
Mace near NJO Luke? No...

Luke with a FLIC OF HIS WRIST destroyed a droid army, in DE! And Mace used the force for most of that battle, and his punches are either, a) Overrated, since he could punch through durasteel but not human flesh.
b) Affected by the force, meaning he did literally what we see him do on about 3 locations during that fight. Pushing at the same time he is striking....

Mace is still not near the level of NJO Luke, in either speed or skill. He took out a much better lightsaber duelling Sidious by the time of DE, where he only has more than a decade of traning, while Mace stalemated Sidious in a saber duel, but won through Shatterpoint....
Even though Luke might have been powered by Leia, as said before it couldn't have been very much, and by DE, Luke is not even near the power of NJO, since Luke has had many, many years to practise in...

Luke could for example move so fast he wasn't visible, his lightsaber looked like twenty, take out damn good saber duellists such as fighting and defeating Lomi Plo and Raynar at the same time, defeating DE Sidious, an army of Vong and 5 slayers (or 7, don't remember), and Darth Vader with only 6 months of traning. (Who by himself was better than most jedi masters of the PT).

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by kamikz
...Luke could for example move so fast he wasn't visible, his lightsaber looked like twenty.....
So could Mace.

kamikz
His lightsaber never looked like twenty. He moved fast, I'll give him that, but that was only hard for people to see. Luke actually destroyed things ALL OVER A ROOM at the same time, while Mace was only punching really fast.
And Mace could only stalemate a weaker Sidious in pure saber combat, while Luke defeated a much stronger Sidious in a much weaker state than Luke was in NJO, much weaker.

darthsith19
There were like ten droids compared to Mace taking out a few hundred droids and Mace.

He also used punches, which proved how fast he can move.

No, he was punching through durasteel. I know that he is overrated in the cartoon, but that is the Mace we are using for this battle. Think of this as NJO Kyp and overrated Mace vs. NJO Luke.

But that was ROTS Mace and this is Clone Wars Mace Windu.

CW Mace moved his hands so fast that they were invisible and it's only logical to assuke that he can move his saber that fast, too. CW Mace would pwn DE Sidious in a duel. As for Luke with six months of training beating Vader, he had 3 years of training and he only won cause Vader wasn't trying to hurt Luke. In a real fight Luke would have been dead.

Escape81
I'd love to see any incarnation of Mace Windu survive a Force Storm.

jollyjim311
Dood hed punch like 9 lightnings and get lukee.

Advent
Originally posted by darthsith19
As for Luke with six months of training beating Vader, he had 3 years of training and he only won cause Vader wasn't trying to hurt Luke. In a real fight Luke would have been dead.

From the ROTJ novelization:

"His anger was layered, now - he did not want to win if the boy was not battling to the fullest. But if winning meant he had to kill a boy who wouldn't fight... then he could do that, too. Only he wanted Luke to be aware of those consequences. He wanted Luke to know this was no longer just a game. This was Darkness."

^
This is when Luke kicks the shit out of Vader, and he falls down some stairs, I believe (I had the quotes saved up for a day like this). He wasn't trying to hurt him, but he was willing to kill him? Makes sense.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

"This accusation really made Vader angry. He could tolerate much from the insolent child, but this was insufferable. He must teach this boy a lesson he would never forget, or die learning."

^
This is when Luke accuses Vader of actually having a conflict within him. Obviously, he was willing to kill Luke. And Vader didn't just let Luke take strike out hits at him, Vader actually was trying to block the entire time. The novelization also comments on the fact that:

"The gladiators battled fiercely, sparks flying from the clash of their radiant weapons, but it was soon evident that the advantage was all Luke's. And he was pressing it."

Even if you want to take the premise Vader wasn't going all out, still impressive considering Vader wasn't just letting Luke kick his metallic ass all over the place. And Vader also realizes that Luke is "stronger than he imagined" and "powerful". So, it is obvious that Luke improved immensely - or at least more than expected - since their duel on Cloud City.

darthsith19
He was trying to teach Luke the consequences before he fought all out against him.
Yes, he threw his saber at Luke, which failed. That's the only time in the entire duel that he was actually trying to kill Luke. He may have eventually killed Luke, but not for a long time.

Yes, Luke imrpoved alot since ESB. Luke was tryign to kill vader at the end after Vader pissed him off but Vader wasn't trying to kill Luke, just defend himself, which he failed to do. And your using the novel, which is full of bullshit like Owen and Obi-Wan are brotehrs. It isn't a reliable source.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.