Eve Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
ive bought this game without looking at the cover, i thought it looked awsome and then read "subscription fees apply" so my heart sank and i put it on the shelf for a year, However ime inerested in giving it a go, and from the site ive found out i can get some sort of game card somewhere for it, like World of warcraft, can anyone help me, i need to know about the game, if theres anyone who plays it and reads this, can you give me some tips and such about the game of what not to do, and what to do, and to get me started perhaps you can tell me where i can get a game card or such, ive been to a few local stores and they didnt have any game cards, i really dont want to start subscription fees by credit card

MadMel
this game looks awesome, too bad is is subscription and all that tho..as for ur question, cant help you, unless you try ebay..

Kayne Archeron
i love the song for the preview of this game

Nibedicus
Ressurecting an old thread.

Just started playing this game, and I musg say OMG, it is fuuun. A huge break of the monotony of xp gear instance grinding prevalent in the MMO genre these days.

For anyone who loved Homeworld, it's like living within the game that is set in a dystopian future with megacorps running everything plus space opera. Hard to explain.

Never thought that shooting a lazer at a rock would be so entertaining.

Jmanghan
EVE Online is basically DUST 514, which is subpar at best :/

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Jmanghan
EVE Online is basically DUST 514, which is subpar at best :/

Same company, same setting not the same game.

Can't really call it subpar as it doesn't have many games similar to it. "Par" implies an existing standard as compared to its peers.

IMO, far better than Elite: Dangerous and def something I can get into more than Star Citizen. I've played Homeworld out and not really much in the space genre these days.

The ultra high learning curve and slow paced gaming and sub-based cost isn't for everyone tho. Personally, I loved Taipan as a kid. And loved Freelancer/Wing Commander as well.

Again, not for everyone but still a fun fun game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.