Godzilla VS Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nogoodnamesleft
So everybody's a Godzilla fanboy and thinks that he can beat Ymir. So let's see how he can do against a guy who actually does have ubercosmic feats. Note that for the purpose of this fight, the utterly bogus instance of Wonder Woman defeating him (Surtur) in that horrible Avengers/JLA crossover doesn't count at all whatsoever.

The fights:
1. Surtur has the Twilight Sword
2. He doesn't have the sword
3. Godzilla is the same size and is accordingly powered up
4. Godzilla is normal size

Edit: Oh, and I nod to Horrificus. Sorry to steal your thread idea if you were planning on making this one next.

Nogoodnamesleft
What the...nobody likes this thread?! Dang.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
So everybody's a Godzilla fanboy and thinks that he can beat Ymir. So let's see how he can do against a guy who actually does have ubercosmic feats. Note that for the purpose of this fight, the utterly bogus instance of Wonder Woman defeating him (Surtur) in that horrible Avengers/JLA crossover doesn't count at all whatsoever.

The fights:

Edit: Oh, and I nod to Horrificus. Sorry to steal your thread idea if you were planning on making this one next.

No, I exhausted all my fanboy energy in the last thread. But, thanks.
1. Surtur with sword wins.
2. Without the sword, for some reason, I am a little more worried about Surtur maybe being able to shrug off more of G's super heat based powers. But, at the same size, and accordingly powered up, I see more of a 5/10 thing.
G at normal size, Surtur takes it.

Ultraman Baltan

The fights:

So you're a Godzilla spiter, then? You probably haven't seen a Godzilla movie in your life. But Godzilla probably does lose this match, just so the big baby feels better.
P.S. Just because people think someone else will win doesn't make them fanboys, you misfitted little douche.

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
So you're a Godzilla spiter, then? You probably haven't seen a Godzilla movie in your life. But Godzilla probably does lose this match, just so the big baby feels better.
P.S. Just because people think someone else will win doesn't make them fanboys, you misfitted little douche.

I've seen plenty of Godzilla movies. Oh, and up yours, you prisonb*tchwipe. You're the wadded up piece of pre-used toilet paper a prison b*tch uses to wipe his ass after a bunch of big huge black guys with nothing to lose are done raping him.

Ultraman Baltan
I've seen plenty of Godzilla movies. Oh, and up yours, you prisonb*tchwipe. You're the wadded up piece of pre-used toilet paper a prison b*tch uses to wipe his ass after a bunch of big huge black guys with nothing to lose are done raping him.

That made me chuckle. Why? Because that makes no sense at all, you insignificant assmite. Prisonb*tchwipe would mean that you wipe b*tches in prison. You don't wipe b*tches. You wipe @$$holes. Thus, you fail.

Soujaboy
Is this a real debate?

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Is this a real debate?
no

Ultraman Baltan
Is this a real debate?

No. He's just some idiot who's angry because people think Godzilla is powerful(which he is).

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
No. He's just some idiot who's angry because people think Godzilla is powerful(which he is).

Compared to who?

Ultraman Baltan
Compared to who?

It started off as Godzilla vs. Ymir. Now Nogoodnamesleft thinks a twig could kill Godzilla.

Nogoodnamesleft
I don't think that Godzilla is that low-powered. I just think that he's really badly overrated. Withstanding a nuclear bomb and wading around in lava is not that impressive. Many comic book characters can do better. When did Godzilla even survive being inside a star? The Silver Surfer can do that, but obviously, even he can't beat Surtur. It's not that I underestimate Godzilla, just that everybody else overestimates him. You mistake a character who's NOT cosmic for being tough enough to fight someone who can hang with Odin. I'm not an ******* or retarded or anything. It's just that this place is full of fanboys.

~Flamboyant~
Surtur wins. thumb up

Ultraman Baltan
I don't think that Godzilla is that low-powered. I just think that he's really badly overrated. Withstanding a nuclear bomb and wading around in lava is not that impressive. Many comic book characters can do better. When did Godzilla even survive being inside a star? The Silver Surfer can do that, but obviously, even he can't beat Surtur. It's not that I underestimate Godzilla, just that everybody else overestimates him. You mistake a character who's NOT cosmic for being tough enough to fight someone who can hang with Odin. I'm not an ******* or retarded or anything. It's just that this place is full of fanboys.

Marvel Godzilla(third weakest Godzilla)..........
1. Flicked away Thor
2. Beat the FF when 15 feet tall(shrinking saga)
3. Went through every Marvel hero group at the time with relative ease
4. Blew up an island with no stress

That's scary right there.

Nogoodnamesleft
Nope. Just bad writing. And if Marvel Godzilla really can do all that, then he's way more powerful than any other Godzilla. Godzilla is just overrated, plain and simple.

Horrificus

G was able to resist the power of a Black Hole. He can survive in a black hole. His cells have survivied in a black hole, and actually spawned new life forms.

Black Hole (more destructive and powerful than a star)

MightyEInherjar
Nope. Just bad writing. And if Marvel Godzilla really can do all that, then he's way more powerful than any other Godzilla. Godzilla is just overrated, plain and simple.

Not bad writing if it's consistant all the way across. If there was some example where he was previously getting thrashed by said heroes, that would be a different thing.

Ultraman Baltan

He had trouble with weaker kaiju than most Godzilla foes, thus is weaker. Plus, he breath did less damage than others. GXM(2000) survived black holes numerous times with no scratches on him.

Nogoodnamesleft
Anyways, Surtur kills Godzilla, plain and simple. I claim victory in the name of Canada, and it doesn't matter what you say after this thread because I've already won. So kiss my nutsack.

Ultraman Baltan
Anyways, Surtur kills Godzilla, plain and simple. I claim victory in the name of Canada, and it doesn't matter what you say after this thread because I've already won. So kiss my nutsack.

You have leadership issues.

Tassadar

Wow, that was a dumbass thing to say. Surtur wins all of them btw, he's a fire demon, Godzillas most powerful attacks would be useless.

Horrificus
So, an attack that had the power to blow up a small planet would be useless?
Wow. That is just a silly thing to say. I have never seen Surtur shrug off attacks even a fraction of the size of G's.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Horrificus
Wow. That is just a silly thing to say. I have never seen Surtur shrug off attacks even a fraction of the size of G's.

You saying Odin can't dish out that kind of damage? Anyways, like I said in the Ymir thread it doesn't matter what a being like Godzilla does since Surtur has magic resistance to anything Godzilla would dish out - just like Ymir. I personally hate "magic" in Marvel, but the sad truth is Godzilla would have no counter for that and he probably wouldn't be able to hurt Surtur since Godzilla has no magic abilities. Surtur on the other hand, could just use his imagination and BFR or turn Big G into a fruitcake. This is essentially the same reason I don't see Godzilla taking down any skyfather-level characters.

Horrificus
Originally posted by boriquaking55
You saying Odin can't dish out that kind of damage? Anyways, like I said in the Ymir thread it doesn't matter what a being like Godzilla does since Surtur has magic resistance to anything Godzilla would dish out - just like Ymir. I personally hate "magic" in Marvel, but the sad truth is Godzilla would have no counter for that and he probably wouldn't be able to hurt Surtur since Godzilla has no magic abilities. Surtur on the other hand, could just use his imagination and BFR or turn Big G into a fruitcake. This is essentially the same reason I don't see Godzilla taking down any skyfather-level characters.

Sorry man, but wrong.
Godzilla has a huge history of fighting and defeating "Magical" foes.

Mothra
King Cesar
Battra
King Ghidorah GMK
Baragon GMK

All these creatures were magical in origin.
Again, I don't know where you guys are seeing Ymir and Surtur using these fighting techniques.
Changing characters into inanimate objects. Teleporting all over an opponent during a fight, or shrugging off attacks all the time.

Nogoodnamesleft
Surtur has withstood being hit by Odin, a guy who has destroyed galaxies. Wow, Godzilla can destroy a planet. Yep, real impressive. Surtur destroys the galaxy they're in. Godzilla dies. The battle's over.

Tassadar

Yes, because it is based on heat and radiation, which Surtur is immune to.

Horrificus
Can somebody please show me where Odin has destroyed a galaxy?

Can somebody please show me where Surtur is immune to radiation?

And, I am sorry to say that both Ymir and Surtur have been staggered by guys less powerful than Godzilla.

These guys are very powerful, but they both base their battles on physical confrontation. We aren't talking about Korvac here.
Ok?

Jesse7

And, I am sorry to say that both Ymir and Surtur have been staggered by guys less powerful than Godzilla.

These guys are very powerful, but they both base their battles on physical confrontation. We aren't talking about Korvac here.
Ok?

Godzilla seems to be underestimated, seeing as how he soloed most of marvel earth effortlessly, and Surtur does not shrug off attacks from Thor like they are nothing, Godzilla was able to swat Thor away like a bug.

And now you boosted Godzilla to 1000 ft thus proportionaley boosting his powers? I say Godzilla takes the majority here 8/10.

Soujaboy

Ok?

Actually Odin caused shock waves throughout the multi verse in a fight with Seth, but I guess thats less that destroying a small planet.(which Cyclops can do)

Surtur is immune to everything that is heat based.

who?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Jesse7
Godzilla seems to be underestimated, seeing as how he soloed most of marvel earth effortlessly, and Surtur does not shrug off attacks from Thor like they are nothing, Godzilla was able to swat Thor away like a bug.

And now you boosted Godzilla to 1000 ft thus proportionaley boosting his powers? I say Godzilla takes the majority here 8/10.

I agree. It is just the guys that are unfamiliar with the Godzilla background and mythos, that are getting upset by this.

But, yeah. Godzilla at 1000 ft is nothing short of a Sun waiting to happen. Or more.

Soujaboy
I agree. It is just the guys that are unfamiliar with the Godzilla background and mythos, that are getting upset by this.

But, yeah. Godzilla at 1000 ft is nothing short of a Sun waiting to happen. Or more.

What would stop Surtur from just destroying the sun, and big G?

Tassadar
Actually Odin caused shock waves throughout the multi verse in a fight with Seth, but I guess thats less that destroying a small planet.(which Cyclops can do)

Surtur is immune to everything that is heat based.

who?

Thank you.

Ultraman Baltan

Small? No. Planet? No. Firey earth sized meteor coming to earth at over 400 mph that was intended to utterly destroy the earth? Yes.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Tassadar
Thank you.

Godzilla's blasts are explosive in nature. Not just heat.
Again, watch a movie.
Then, why doesn't Surtur destroy suns all the time? Is it because he is nice, and doesn't want to destroy everything?
I don't think so.

And, by the way, I think Cyclops would do some damage to these guys too, if he had to.

Jesse7
Surtur has been harmed by much less then Godzilla, I'm not saying that Surtur would win or lose, but what I am arguing against is those who say that is a curbstomp and that Godzilla would be decimated.

It was never shown that Surtur instantly or all at once destroyed the galaxy to forge his sword in, it could have been that he needed the left out debre from a destroyed Galaxy to forge Twilight, much like new solar systems are formed, or that he destroyed it pieces at a time, nor did it say how long it took him to destroy and finish the forging of his sword.

Tassadar
Godzilla's blasts are explosive in nature. Not just heat.
Again, watch a movie.
Then, why doesn't Surtur destroy suns all the time? Is it because he is nice, and doesn't want to destroy everything?
I don't think so.

And, by the way, I think Cyclops would do some damage to these guys too, if he had to.

Ive watched plenty of Godzilla movies.down

MJOILNIR
Why cant Surter just BFR. That would be easy. The sword of twighlight can alter reality, Morban Le Fay did that with it and Surter is far more powerful than her. Ymir is one thing but Big G is not gonna beat Surter. No matter how long it took Surter to forge his sword it still destroyed the Galaxy in the process. He forged it in the center so it stands to reason he didnt do it a piece at at time. Theres also nothing shown that he didnt do it all at once. I like big g and have watched almost all of the movies, probably long befor most of you where even born. I know a decent bit about big g. I know enough about both to comfortably say Surter wins. I like Big G a lot. My very favorite movie monster of all time. I remember watching him at the saturday movies. I just cant give the win here.

Ultraman Baltan

So Cyclops's blast is more powerful than a blast 10 times greater than an atomic explosion or a black hole?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/zephyr_chang/bullshit.jpg

Horrificus
I think a galaxy was destroyed as a result of the sword being forged, because it is so powerful. I don't think Surtur detsroyed a galaxy with his own power, and then destroyed a galaxy.

I just think that Cyclops, totally unleashed would be capable of giving a "sting" to Ymir or Surtur.

bigbran
I think a galaxy was destroyed as a result of the sword being forged, because it is so powerful. I don't think Surtur detsroyed a galaxy with his own power, and then destroyed a galaxy.

I just think that Cyclops, totally unleashed would be capable of giving a "sting" to Ymir or Surtur. NO!!

And where in all of this thread, does it say, that Surtur has the Sword of Twilight?

Anyways, Is Godzilla on a Odin level, or even a skyfather level?

Jesse7
Considering what he did to Onslaught, and its been stated in Civil War tie in xmen, that Cyke has never fully unleashed his power due to a self implanted mental block, meaning every single one of his optic blast were always held back because he feared what he could do.

MJOILNIR
It dosnt say he dont have it.

Jesse7
Originally posted by bigbran
NO!!

And where in all of this thread, does it say, that Surtur has the Sword of Twilight?

Anyways, Is Godzilla on a Odin level, or even a skyfather level?

I would say yes, since he handled marvel earth as if it were a toy, Avengers, FF, Thor, namor, Herc, all like bugs to him. Does anyone know if Thor tried the godblast on godzilla?

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Jesse7
I would say yes, since he handled marvel earth as if it were a toy, Avengers, FF, Thor, namor, Herc, all like bugs to him. Does anyone know if Thor tried the godblast on godzilla?
No, I dont think he did. Thor was never written as a smart fighter in the avenger books.

Horrificus
Of course he is on skyfather level. Then again, not all skyfathers are as powerful as Crom or Odin.
The problem is that he is an animal, and is earthbound. But, he is still imbued with a half dozen powers and attributes.

He is like a force of nature, more than just a character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.