Mighty Avengers vs. Omega Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
The two big new teams.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6828/cover180avengersjv9ro6es6.jpg http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3397/omegaflight1vd7.jpg

Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Black Widow, Wonder Man, Ares and Wasp

vs.

Guardian, Talisman, Spider-Woman, Beta Ray Bill and US Agent (might be someone else, but i'll just say US Agent for now).

Who wins... ?

thedude1948
Mighty Avengers take it they have way too much firepower for Omega Flight.

King_Mungi
I disagree, they freakin have Talisman on the team. TALISMAN! Plus Guardian can take Iron Man, and Beta Ray Bill can take Aries

Nogoodnamesleft
If Talisman is really Doctor Strange level, then Omega Flight will win.

batdude123
I still say the line-up is retarded, but Omega Flight ftw.

Grimm22
You forgot that the MA have Sentry also yes

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
If Talisman is really Doctor Strange level, then Omega Flight will win.

She sure is...
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Talisman

Originally posted by batdude123
I still say the line-up is retarded, but Omega Flight ftw.

It is dumb, a bunch of random characters that's suppose to be Canadian based.

Originally posted by Grimm22
You forgot that the MA have Sentry also yes

If Talisman casts a spell it won't matter much, or if Guardian creates an E-M field shutting everyone's brain off.

Grimm22
I hope thats not Jessica Drew erm

She needs to stay in the New Avengers.

But other than that its cool that Alpha Flight is finally going beyond being the Canadian Superhero team stick out tongue

King_Mungi
I hope thats not Jessica Drew erm

She needs to stay in the New Avengers.

But other than that its cool that Alpha Flight is finally going beyond being the Canadian Superhero team stick out tongue

Naaa...it's Spider-Woman II

Alpha Flight in the old days had members from Japan (Sunfire), China (Jade Dragon), England (Windshear), etc. They were never just Canadians hell half the time they were in a alternate dimensions

thedude1948
That is probably the other Spider-Woman Julia Carpenter or now Arachne.

batdude123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
If Talisman casts a spell it won't matter much, or if Guardian creates an E-M field shutting everyone's brain off.

Does this mean that you think Magneto would beat Sentry? shifty

Thanos_THOTU
I'll go with Omega Flight

Grimm22
Naaa...it's Spider-Woman II

Alpha Flight in the old days had members from Japan (Sunfire), China (Jade Dragon), England (Windshear), etc. They were never just Canadians hell half the time they were in a alternate dimensions

Yeah Arachnide makes more sense erm

Still though, the team is going more mainstream

Soleran
Dude Sentry would SPEEDBLITZ for the win here! Seriously Talisman is human and deadsmile The rest don't make it I'm afraid.

golem370
Sentry would crush Talismans body before a word was uttered.

King_Mungi
Does this mean that you think Magneto would beat Sentry? shifty

Magneto and Guardian have a different powerset and abilities.

Originally posted by Soleran
Dude Sentry would SPEEDBLITZ for the win here! Seriously Talisman is human and deadsmile The rest don't make it I'm afraid.

Actually she isn't human anymore due to wearing the Talisman as stated in the comics. That's why she hated her father for awhile as it was him who made her wear the talisman and in turn took her humanity away

Originally posted by golem370
Sentry would crush Talismans body before a word was uttered.

good thing she doesn't need to speak to cast a spell nest pa?

Soleran
Is her durability greater then Terrax's or Tony's armor? I'm guessing probably not so much, Sentry crush's Talisman.............he's so much faster then a humans its stupid.

Brutacus
Still how fast can she cast a spel?
How fast does Sentry move's or fly's?
But how fast can beta ray bill go?

golem370
If he is suppose to be a copy of Superman I would assume he around lightspeed or better.

King_Mungi
Is her durability greater then Terrax's or Tony's armor? I'm guessing probably not so much, Sentry crush's Talisman.............he's so much faster then a humans its stupid.

She thinks and reacts faster than a human, and the spirits of the world such as the spirit of death that is under her command will prevent something bad from happening.

Originally posted by Brutacus
Still how fast can she cast a spel?
How fast does Sentry move's or fly's?
But how fast can beta ray bill go?

Instantally

Light-speed I imagine

Light-speed, same as Thor

batdude123
Magneto and Guardian have a different powerset and abilities.

Have you visited my respect thread? People really don't understand how powerful the dude is...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto88.jpg

cool

thedude1948
Has Sentry really been confirmed to be on the Mighty Avengers? or is it just speculation.

King_Mungi
Have you visited my respect thread? People really don't understand how powerful the dude is...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto88.jpg

cool

Not yet, as when you made it I was having comp troubles and couldn't view a scan or all my windows would shut down

Oh I never said he wasn't, hell Guardian was built to take on Galactus. Both are underated actually.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by thedude1948
Has Sentry really been confirmed to be on the Mighty Avengers? or is it just speculation.

Confirmed, he was shown in the previews acting pretty dumb like he was new to being a hero or something.

batdude123
Oh I never said he wasn't, hell Guardian was built to take on Galactus. Both are underated actually.

Very much so. erm

Brutacus
Build to take on Galactus???
So he can stand toe to toe with a full power galactus??? big grin big grin

King_Mungi
Build to take on Galactus???
So he can stand toe to toe with a full power galactus??? big grin big grin

No..no..no...no, I never claimed that. He did beat a weakened Galactus thought due to being rebuilt by the Qwrlln who built their whole life avoiding and fighting Galactus.

golem370
I say Sentry is the last one standing on both teams and no Dis there is not way Talisman should be able to react that fast sounds like silliness

Soleran
She thinks and reacts faster than a human, and the spirits of the world such as the spirit of death that is under her command will prevent something bad from happening.

I'm not being a naysayer but until someone shows me Talisman handling someone that is MUCH faster then extremis im and very brutal as well she isn't making it in this fight and with that Avengers win.

Sentry handled the collective that was crazy and Terrax etc etc

Lucid Lui
You forgot that the MA have Sentry also yes Didn't forget, just didn't include.

Brutacus
wink ok didn't think you ment that, but it looked a little funny to see that.

Soleran
Damn no Sentry so I am not sure how they handle Talisman unless IM can get in there then.

King_Mungi
I say Sentry is the last one standing on both teams and no Dis there is not way Talisman should be able to react that fast sounds like silliness

It's no DIS, but the spirit of time and space is faster than Sentry and would warn her even before he sets off to go.

I'm not being a naysayer but until someone shows me Talisman handling someone that is MUCH faster then extremis im and very brutal as well she isn't making it in this fight and with that Avengers win.

Sentry handled the collective that was crazy and Terrax etc etc

How about with one blast knocked out Box IV, who is even above Iron Man.

Terrax jobs, and Sentry didn't beat the Collective.

edit: ignore Sentry isn't even in this thread

Brutacus
This might sound like stupid question and maybe it is, but is Hercules like in the myth a half god or is he full blood?

And Ares is immortal can not die and well he's the god of war, so people also should keep him in mind.

thedude1948
He is still Half God but he is the strongest (strength wise) of the Greek Gods.

King_Mungi
This might sound like stupid question and maybe it is, but is Hercules like in the myth a half god or is he full blood?

And Ares is immortal can not die and well he's the god of war, so people also should keep him in mind.

Demi-god, same as Snowbird

Thor easily punked out Aries when they fought the first time. Aries states were never that impressive

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/ares.htm

golem370
What spirit is that?

golem370
What is the name of this spirit?

King_Mungi
What is the name of this spirit?

Sprit of Time and Space, it appeared when Talisman summoned it during the Llan crisis.

"Spirit of Time and Space: Talisman can command this spirit to do her bidding. She sends out a call across the twisting realms and through screeching planes to reach him. He’s an extremely powerful spirit that can send any person anywhere or to any time the Talisman chooses. He can also manipulate Pathway’s portals. "

the Darkone
Omega Flight wins,

mighty avengers rumored to be,

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Ares
Wasp
Giant-Man
Ms. Marvel
Wolverine

and rumored to be a new avenger is Nova.

Lucid Lui
Hey Darkone, just curious, where are you getting these rumours from?

Cause unless there's some big trick involved, it seems pretty obvoius that the Mighty avengers are the team that has appeared in the promotional art and previews for the Mighty Avengers title.

the Darkone
Read what wonder man said, I wish I was an avenger again. Most of those people will be part of the Mighty Avengers w/reserves, I heard threw the grape vine that this Avenger team is going to be the most powerful for one yet.

Captain America
Thor
Ares
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
Wasp
Giant-Man
Wolverine
Black Widow
Quicksilver
And Bendis would entertain the thought of adding new people to the roster that haven't been avengers like Nova, Shroud etc. I will have a wait and see approach but one thing I don't like about the Mighty Avengers preview is Ares outfit it looks ridiclous, have him wear what he had in Ares limited series.

galan7777777
omega flight ftw

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by the Darkone
Read what wonder man said, I wish I was an avenger again. No, he said he "missed" being an avenger. Missed is past tense, he says it because he is an Avenger now.

the Darkone
I don't believe that is the full roster, they why bendis was talking this going to be the best avengers yet, let's hope so.

Hell would it be nice to see Gladiator/Shroud/Black Bolt as an avenger , or hornary members.

Grimm22
There is no way Cap and Iron Man are going to be on the same team erm

Cap is going to lead the NA and IM is going to lead the MA

Lucid Lui
That's how i see it. The same will gor for Thor and Ares. Them being on the same team is pointless.

King_Mungi
Captain America might be ending up on Omega Flight :P

Grimm22
Captain America might be ending up on Omega Flight :P

Nope no

Heck there is a better chance of Cap being on the Thundbolts than being on a Canadian Superhero team stick out tongue laughing

riceroost
Demi-god, same as Snowbird

Thor easily punked out Aries when they fought the first time. Aries states were never that impressive That wont last long. Bendis is going to power Ares up significantly. He said Ares would take Thor, and it WILL happen in Mighty Avengers.

Lucid Lui
Captain America might be ending up on Omega Flight :P Nah, it won't be Steve Rogers. Not a chance.

I'm willing to bet.

If Steve Rogers joins is the shield wielding Captain in Omega Flight (which he won't be), i will eat my shoe. I'll even post pictures of me eating my shoe.

Not that i'll have to. stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Nah, it won't be Steve Rogers. Not a chance.

I'm willing to bet.

If Steve Rogers joins is the shield wielding Captain in Omega Flight (which he won't be), i will eat my shoe. I'll even post pictures of me eating my shoe.

Not that i'll have to. stick out tongue

Heh...

...shoe laughing

King_Mungi
Nope no

Heck there is a better chance of Cap being on the Thundbolts than being on a Canadian Superhero team stick out tongue laughing

I don't think you can even call it Canadian, as interviews state from the writer there is only one Canadian. Odd I know, I count two.

Validus
Omega Flight wins. Sentry and BRB will probably stalemate for a long time. Talisman cleans up everybody else.

King_Mungi
Now the new rumor is that isn't James Hudson under the Guardian armor.

Validus
Now the new rumor is that isn't James Hudson under the Guardian armor.
I think the guy with the Canadian flag on his costume should be Canadian. stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
I think the guy with the Canadian flag on his costume should be Canadian. stick out tongue

but Talisman is on the team, and from the rumors I hear if they are fact or fiction is that the Collective (Micheal) will become Guardian to atone for his deeds.

Validus
Well Michael is Canadian so I guess it works.

King_Mungi
Well Michael is Canadian so I guess it works.

Micheal is american from North Pole, Alaska

invisiblewoman
i gotta say omega flight wins at least 6/10

Validus
Micheal is american from North Pole, Alaska
Correct you are. I thought the Collective hit Earth in Canada.

King_Mungi
Correct you are. I thought the Collective hit Earth in Canada.

The first place it was in was North Pole, Alaska and then it ran to Canada to attack Alpha Flight.

juggernaut66666
Ill go with omega flight

Grimm22
I gotta say Alpha Flight without Puck is stupid sad

King_Mungi
I gotta say Alpha Flight without Puck is stupid sad

I agree and no Sasquatch? yesh! but apparently this isn't the final lineup, so he may still pop up

Grimm22
I agree and no Sasquatch? yesh! but apparently this isn't the final lineup, so he may still pop up

Yeah Sasquatch has always been shown to be the heart of the team erm

Still, I hope Puck II ends up on a new team now big grin

King_Mungi
Yeah Sasquatch has always been shown to be the heart of the team erm

Still, I hope Puck II ends up on a new team now big grin

If Alpha Flight is dead, that means Guardian and Vindicator's daughter as well as Puck II and Major Mapleleaf's daughters are orphans. Way to go Marvel. mad

Grimm22
If Alpha Flight is dead, that means Guardian and Vindicator's daughter as well as Puck II and Major Mapleleaf's daughters are orphans. Way to go Marvel. mad

Maybe she will join the Runaways shifty

King_Mungi
Maybe she will join the Runaways shifty

Persuasion might be joining, and their babies are at tops one year old. So Runaways will be waiting for awhile.

Darth Vegas
Mighty Avengers FTW

--Sentry speedblitzes Talisman before helping Ares and Wonder Man take Beta Ray Bill out.
--Black Widow and Wasp can keep US Agent preoccupied
--Ms. Marvel can take out Spider-Woman
--Iron Man beats Guardian

Jesse7
Isn't Ares very hyped up at the momment, and didn't he by himself defeat a pantheon of gods who stormed Olympus and defeated Zeus?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
--Sentry speedblitzes Talisman before helping Ares and Wonder Man take Beta Ray Bill out. Sentry's not in the lineup.

Darth Vegas
Sentry's not in the lineup.

Well if that's the case, then neither should Beta Ray Bill or Talisman for that matter.

Why put one of the teams at a distinct disadvantage? erm

And just for the record, Sentry is part of the Mighty Avengers lineup.

Jesse7
Well team 1 does have Ares, and from what I've heard though I haven't read any Marvel Ares comics (are they out?), didn't he by himself defeat and entire pantheon of gods that stormed and defeated Olympus and Zeus?

Lucid Lui
And just for the record, Sentry is part of the Mighty Avengers lineup. I know he is a member, he's just not part of the line-up i specified.

I left him out simply because the guy has pretty much now low showings. Debates with him in it become boring and stale. Talisman and Beta Ray Bill both have low showings and therefore can be debated against.

And The Mighty Avengers are by no means a weak team without Sentry.

Darth Vegas
And The Mighty Avengers are by no means a weak team without Sentry.

I never once said that the Mighty Avengers were weak.

However, Talisman and Beta Ray Bill are formidable opponents.

Regardless, without Sentry, I still say the Avengers take it.

Lucid Lui
I never once said that the Mighty Avengers were weak.

However, Talisman and Beta Ray Bill are formidable opponents. And so are Wonder Man, Ares and Iron Man.

marvelprince
I think it can go either way, but from what I've been hearing about Talisman and with Sentry's absence I'd give it Omega Flight.

BTW, I doubt that's Steve on the team. I'm willing to bet it'll be Walker taking up Cap's colors cause he believes that his country (I doubt they'll only be based in Canada) needs Cap's symbol and a REAL American hero to follow, or something like that.

King_Mungi
Keep in mind, Talisman can control skyfather beings just because they were from the spirit realm. So she could literally summon the Great Beasts or the Gods of the Arctic into battle for her smile

Omega Flight wins

King_Mungi
Originally posted by marvelprince
I think it can go either way, but from what I've been hearing about Talisman and with Sentry's absence I'd give it Omega Flight.

BTW, I doubt that's Steve on the team. I'm willing to bet it'll be Walker taking up Cap's colors cause he believes that his country (I doubt they'll only be based in Canada) needs Cap's symbol and a REAL American hero to follow, or something like that.

US Agent should be against registration as his family was killed by the Red Skull when people found out who his identity was. It probally is him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.