Chick Tracts and the Bible why the discrimination?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
Why is Jack Chick so hated? I know what it is: Jack Chick made a tract that addressed the issue of homosexuality. I posted it and that is when all of the controversy started. The name of the tract is "Gay Blade." Chick.com is the name of the site. Don't go to this site unless you want your sacred cow to be kicked over. Jack Chick's tracts are Bible-based and Christ-centered. Jack's tracts are in numerous foreign languages and are designed to cover many areas of human experience. But the focus is on informing humanity of their sin problem. Jack Chick vividly takes you on a journey through his short stories aimed at capturing your attention. Jack' Chick's tracts draw you into many, varied scenarios all with a central message: all are sinners in need of the Savior. If Jack Chick's tracts offend anyone rest assured that is not his intent. The last thing that Jack wants to do is offend anyone. What would be the benefit of that? Don't let the short stories rub you the wrong way. Let the seed of God's Word concerning Jesus Christ and salvation from sin sink into your heart.

Mithlond
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Why is Jack Chick so hated? I know what it is: Jack Chick made a tract that addressed the issue of homosexuality. I posted it and that is when all of the controversy started. The name of the tract is "Gay Blade." Chick.com is the name of the site. Don't go to this site unless you want your sacred cow to be kicked over. Jack Chick's tracts are Bible-based and Christ-centered. Jack's tracts are in numerous foreign languages and are designed to cover many areas of human experience. But the focus is on informing humanity of their sin problem. Jack Chick vividly takes you on a journey through his short stories aimed at capturing your attention. Jack' Chick's tracts draw you into many, varied scenarios all with a central message: all are sinners in need of the Savior.

What makes his interpretations so different to any other priest? All priests know the Bible. Not all come to his conclusions.

Capt_Fantastic
the issue of homosexuality

you know, if you look back at all the posts by users who have told you you were full of shit, several of them are gay. BUT! none of them have made an issue out of homosexuality. Only you do that. You turn "gay" into a focal point, not the actual gay posters. That's sad...just like you. And, it's awfully indicative of a whob sock to boot.

lil bitchiness
Why is Jack Chick so hated? I know what it is: Jack Chick made a tract that addressed the issue of homosexuality. I posted it and that is when all of the controversy started. The name of the tract is "Gay Blade." Chick.com is the name of the site. Don't go to this site unless you want your sacred cow to be kicked over. Jack Chick's tracts are Bible-based and Christ-centered. Jack's tracts are in numerous foreign languages and are designed to cover many areas of human experience. But the focus is on informing humanity of their sin problem. Jack Chick vividly takes you on a journey through his short stories aimed at capturing your attention. Jack' Chick's tracts draw you into many, varied scenarios all with a central message: all are sinners in need of the Savior. If Jack Chick's tracts offend anyone rest assured that is not his intent. The last thing that Jack wants to do is offend anyone. What would be the benefit of that? Don't let the short stories rub you the wrong way. Let the seed of God's Word concerning Jesus Christ and salvation from sin sink into your heart.
You know what?

Just like Gandhi said, ''I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.''

Do you know what Jesus stood for? He stood for all the minorities, all the discriminated people, all the weak and all the different.
All you don't seem to stand for.

If jesus was here today, he would protect and speak out for homosexuals, women, abortion, freedom of religion, and against violence.

Just look at your Bible's history - jesus seem to be the one which was liberal at the times in which he was brought up.

All you preach out against, Jesus would have endorsed.

Jack Chick is scrutinising anyone who doesn't believe what he believes. He fillers his cartoons with propaganda and lies in order to show soe kind of superiority over other people.

It disturbs me that you cannot see anything wrong with his cartoons and message. It disturbs me a lot.

Himo

Because he's lies within his Tracts. He also makes stupid remarks like Black Sabbath is the spawn of the Devil and if you have a D&D character and they die, you'll commit suicide. He's stubborn, stupid, and lies. Not something Jesus would appreciate.

Gregory
Chick is a complete idiot. That's why he's hated. You're a troll; that's why you're hated.

Telling a moron that he's a moron is not "discrimination"; sorry.

Regret

If Jack Chick would like to post his views through comic art presentation, I am sure that the moderators would let him do so. It is not an attack at him, it is that the posting of his material is not a form of discussion that comes mainly from your view. They are propaganda, and you overused them. It is too bad that you did this, they would probably not have been banned by the moderators had you used them less and used them in a more proper context more frequently. Myself, I am glad they were banned, I dislike them.

Alliance
At least I have the site....now I can read them anytime I want to feel depressed about the world.

Lumanix
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
If jesus was here today, he would protect and speak out for homosexuals, women, abortion, freedom of religion, and against violence.

And you know that because...

Just look at your Bible's history - jesus seem to be the one which was liberal at the times in which he was brought up. Hmm... seems to me he isn't so much for homosexuals in the bible 'history'.

Gregory
Originally posted by Lumanix
Hmm... seems to me he isn't so much for homosexuals in the bible 'history'.

Jesus never comments on homosexuality in the Bible, so we don't know what he thought about it. We might guess that, as a Jew, he dissaproved of it, but Jesus was much more liberal about the law then most Jews.

Paul? Now Paul goes on record as not liking gays.

FeceMan
abortion
Hahahahaha...

No.

Originally posted by Gregory
Jesus never comments on homosexuality in the Bible, so we don't know what he thought about it. We might guess that, as a Jew, he dissaproved of it, but Jesus was much more liberal about the law then most Jews.

Yeah, if you discount the whole "Christ is God" bit.

People seem to think that God and Jesus are completely separate entities, that Jesus wasn't present in the OT.

Gregory
Don't worry, I do.

FeceMan
Don't worry, I do.
Then it doesn't really matter what you think the Bible says about anything.

Gregory
You're right. Non-Christians shouldn't be allowed to have opinions about things.

FeceMan
You're right. Non-Christians shouldn't be allowed to have opinions about things.
Because that's what I said.

Gregory
Yes. If it wasn't, don't blame me for you poor communication skills.

Alliance
Poor interpretational skillz?

lil bitchiness

You could neven say that Christianity is Paulianty, rather than Christianity.
He hated everything and everyone...

Originally posted by FeceMan
Hahahahaha...

No.

Yeah, if you discount the whole "Christ is God" bit.

People seem to think that God and Jesus are completely separate entities, that Jesus wasn't present in the OT.

Im waiting to see a quote of Jesus regarding hating homosexualty, disaproving abortion, and viewing women as lessers.

Gregory
On my part? No, I don't think so.

Every time someone spells "skills" with a z, a demon tears off an angels wings and stuffs them up his ass.

Alliance
Excellent.

FeceMan
Im waiting to see a quote of Jesus regarding hating homosexualty, disaproving abortion, and viewing women as lessers.
Thank goodness, because that's what I was saying.

Gregory
As far as I know, the only early scriptural statements on abortion are in the Didache, and that didn't make the cut.

FeceMan
Also, please remember that if it weren't for "Paulianity", a lot of people here would be dead. Very, very dead.

Gregory
What are you talking about? Paul doesn't comment on abortion either, if that's what you mean.

Alliance
Also, please remember that if it weren't for "Paulianity", a lot of people here would be dead. Very, very dead.

What? Most people don't have abortions.

crazy
The funniest part of this thread was where JIA said that the chick tracts are not meant to offend anyone. Haha!

debbiejo
Originally posted by crazy
The funniest part of this thread was where JIA said that the chick tracts are not meant to offend anyone. Haha! Scare tacks............totally misrepresents the says of Jesus.

Alliance
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Scare-Tacks.jpg

debbiejo
Like I said knowing what the Bible teaches, or at least Jesus..........It is not what he would hand out to the public!!

Alliance
No. You said scare tacks stick out tongue

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Lumanix
And you know that because...

Hmm... seems to me he isn't so much for homosexuals in the bible 'history'.

It was Paul who disliked homosexuals u fkn idiot... Jesus himself said nothing about it.

Lord Urizen
The funny thing is that the Bible says nothing about Abortion...lol...u idiots wanna keep arguing that is somehow does ? laughing

Lord Urizen
You know what?

Just like Gandhi said, ''I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.''

Do you know what Jesus stood for? He stood for all the minorities, all the discriminated people, all the weak and all the different.
All you don't seem to stand for.

Just look at your Bible's history - jesus seem to be the one which was liberal at the times in which he was brought up.

All you preach out against, Jesus would have endorsed.

Jack Chick is scrutinising anyone who doesn't believe what he believes. He fillers his cartoons with propaganda and lies in order to show soe kind of superiority over other people.

It disturbs me that you cannot see anything wrong with his cartoons and message. It disturbs me a lot.

EXACTLY, JIA...that's the number one mistake you make. You don't even know who you worship do you ? You give in too little cartoons that fill thier messages with lies, and then you get surprised when we critisize that ?

Alliance
Urizen...you are all
laughing

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
Urizen...you are all
laughing

?

Alliance
Scare tacks.

Lord Urizen
Scare tacks.

I don't get it

Alliance
Originally posted by debbiejo
Scare tacks.............

debbiejo
fricken lies

Tay

Alliance
otay.

Lord Urizen

LOL my bad..but is that dissing me or JIA ?

Alliance
I dont know.

Lord Urizen
I dont know.

Whatever

Alliance
laughing out loud

Lord Urizen
laughing out loud

laughing

crazy
It always seems amazing to me how JIA can be so dillusional to the lies of chick.com, it is one thing to have complete faith in the bible but a whole another to beleive all that propaganda that can be proven false with such ease.

FeceMan
I wasn't talking about abortions. I was talking about the fact that, without Christ, Christians would be working off of the Old Testament. And, because the Law of God demands death for transgressions...

Imperial_Samura

JesusIsAlive. JIA. Dear me. Why do you persist on this path. In every thread you have posted a tract reasons have been given why they are wrong. We are not discriminating against your faith. We are saying, quite fairly, the problems inherent in the tracts. Would you like me to reiterate?

Bigoted, historically and factually inaccurate, inflammatory, ignorant, use scare tactics, attack other Christian faiths, are poorly drawn, are overly propagandised, demonize people and groups undeserving of such condemnation, openly lie, often site known inaccurate and ignorant sources, create absurd situations that will never arise normally. And so on and so on.

Now, did you need a whole thread to have that told to you again? This is why people object to tracts. Not because they are Christian, but because they are, in all fairness, crap. They give Christians bad names, and make them come of similar to Jack Chick himself - an idiot who doesn't have the slightest idea what he is talking about. And what little he does know is often presented in the wrong context.

My logical problems with that statement - without Christ there would be no Christianity, no Christian faith, no Christians.

And it was a good thing only a small community only treated the OT like gospel. And even today those who live by it aren't allowed, or don't care to, obey the stricter rulings - such as stoning or death for transgressions. So it wouldn't matter if Christ existed or not, the world today wouldn't have somehow been transformed into a horrible place running to OT rulings on morality and society.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mithlond
What makes his interpretations so different to any other priest? All priests know the Bible. Not all come to his conclusions.
who is jack chick? this shows how behind i am on current events.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
who is jack chick? this shows how behind i am on current events.

Go to and thread started, or posted in by JIA and sooner or later you will encounter a Chick Tract. For your viewing pleasure I offer you the one that deals with why D&D is bad. It clarifies exactly what I was saying:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

Basically Jack Chick is a Christian propaganda maker who decided to reach the intelligent masses through poorly constructed, mistruth riddled comics.

Rogue Jedi
interesting stuff. thanx.

Alliance
If you read 7, your soul goes into purgatory.

Imperial_Samura
If you read 7, your soul goes into purgatory.
Which isn't to bad since I figure mine is already going there. Still, I wish to go anywhere that there might be noble pagans.

Alliance
Ok..Read 7 and your soul instantaneously combusts, you burn alive, and you turn ito a pillar of radioatvie jello (not the knock off stuff, the real deal).

Imperial_Samura
Ok..Read 7 and your soul instantaneously combusts, you burn alive, and you turn ito a pillar of radioatvie jello (not the knock off stuff, the real deal).

Hmmm. In that case I might wait, since I figure it is better to die pleasantly and end up there then turning into radioactive jelly and ending up there.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
My logical problems with that statement - without Christ there would be no Christianity, no Christian faith, no Christians.

And it was a good thing only a small community only treated the OT like gospel. And even today those who live by it aren't allowed, or don't care to, obey the stricter rulings - such as stoning or death for transgressions. So it wouldn't matter if Christ existed or not, the world today wouldn't have somehow been transformed into a horrible place running to OT rulings on morality and society.
*Sighs.*

*Sighs.*

*Sighs.*

Fine. There'd be Jews.

Alliance
Hmmm. In that case I might wait, since I figure it is better to die pleasantly and end up there then turning into radioactive jelly and ending up there.

Pretty much.

Rogue Jedi
D&D is a sin? so if i play star wars monopoly, am i sinning?

Imperial_Samura
*Sighs.*

*Sighs.*

*Sighs.*

Fine. There'd be Jews.

But not nearly as many Jews as Christians. History would be different, but there is no real point where the could have been a divergent path were Jews would have taken over the world and imposed OT rules and regulations on everyone.

And why the sighing? Sorry, I'm practicing my pedantic face today.

Most probably. I mean look at the force - sorcerous powers abound in the SW universe.

Alliance
No. They Jews woudl have gotten pushed around, as they always have.

Imperial_Samura
No. They Jews woudl have gotten pushed around, as they always have.

Pretty much. They'd simply have been being pushed around by non-Christians as opposed to Christians.

Alliance
ditto.

FeceMan
But not nearly as many Jews as Christians. History would be different, but there is no real point where the could have been a divergent path were Jews would have taken over the world and imposed OT rules and regulations on everyone.
*Shrugs.* I don't know, maybe Europe would have gotten Jewed.

Alliance
Unlikely...Judiasm never really spread....ever.

FeceMan
Unlikely...Judiasm never really spread....ever.
Christianity sure did. Whose to say that Judaism wouldn't have taken its place?

Imperial_Samura
*Shrugs.* I don't know, maybe Europe would have gotten Jewed.

Yes, Alliance is correct, Judaism never lent itself easily to conversion or ruling, and few cultures where friendly to it. With or without Christianity there was never any danger of Jews somehow taking control of Europe, for many reasons including the relatively small numbers of actually Jews compared to everybody else.

Alliance
Europe would have remianed under the religious syncrtism of the Romans....that likely would have fractured into local (but likely repeating) religions as the West fell.

Likely would have had stronger influences from the barbarians up north....

The east might have gotten swayed by Hinduism (or at leas tHindu elements)...if it did, that might have re-spread west.

Then unless the Mongols or other trading groups brought the far easter Religions over, Islam would have likely taken the cake.

Imperial_Samura
Europe would have remianed under the religious syncrtism of the Romans....that likely would have fractured into local (but likely repeating) religions as the West fell.

Likely would have had stronger influences from the barbarians up north....

The east might have gotten swayed by Hinduism (or at leas tHindu elements)...if it did, that might have re-spread west.

Then unless the Mongols or other trading groups brought the far easter Religions over, Islam would have likely taken the cake.

I'd agree with all that though whether Islam would have taken off as it did is debatable when certain aspects of its creation were a reaction to Christianity - that is giving those who would take to the Islamic religion a unified cultural identity to match the being exerted by the Christian side.

The Manichean's might also have done alright without Christianity.

Alliance
Well....ok.

Rogue Jedi

And why the sighing? Sorry, I'm practicing my pedantic face today.

Most probably. I mean look at the force - sorcerous powers abound in the SW universe.
no way, man....thats bogus!!! mad

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
no way, man....thats bogus!!! mad

Not really. A D&D Druid is an incarnation of the devil due to them channeling life and all that then a Jedi master would equally be sinful, what with their powers. And besides, the Jedi Code more like a somewhat warped Buddhist philosophy, beyond the rather obvious light vs. dark parallels and the extensions of that they aren't really Christian.

And if Harry Potter and LotR don't escape th fanatics wrath with their themes of Good vs. Evil, neither does star wars.

Alliance
Well, the Jedi can be ignorant dogmatic hypocrites..the entire concept is based on religion, which makes them immensely hypocritical.

Darth Jello
Hmm, Chick is a creepy, reclusive racist who uses disproven crap to get his points across and can't draw to save his life. If he wants to make the world a better place, he should stab his pen through his femoral artery

debbiejo
Christianity sure did. Whose to say that Judaism wouldn't have taken its place? Because the Christians had the mighty Pope to push Europe around..And the Pope ruled the Kings.

Gregory
Because Christianity was an evangelical religion that managed to convert the emperor, whereas Judaism was a fringe religion that pissed the emperor off at basically every available oportunity?

Because Christians wanted converts, whereas many Jews didn't?

Because, as debbiejoe mentioned, Christianity had a strong central leader whereas Judaism was a bunch of disparate groups (Sadducees, Pharisees, the Dead Sea Scroll community, etc) who hated each other?

Oh, and since we're on the subject, you do have actual evidence that the Jews executed their people in disproportionately high numbers, right?

debbiejo
otay. K

FeceMan
Oh, and since we're on the subject, you do have actual evidence that the Jews executed their people in disproportionately high numbers, right?
I've no idea about what you are babbling.

Lord Urizen

There's a lot you don't know, isn't there?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
There's a lot you don't know, isn't there?
OHH SNAP LORD URIZEN WITH THE ZING

Lord Urizen
OHH SNAP LORD URIZEN WITH THE ZING

That's right buddy wink

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Hmm, Chick is a creepy, reclusive racist who uses disproven crap to get his points across and can't draw to save his life. If he wants to make the world a better place, he should stab his pen through his femoral artery

Its just pure propaganda.

To some of in Europe, kind of thing said and believed by certain North Americans is just as staggering.

Im not trying to be offencive, but its kind of the same connotation.

Alliance
Well, to many...its staggering here in the New World too.

lil bitchiness
Im sure it has to be. Perhaps even more furstrating.

Lord Urizen
Its just pure propaganda.

To some of in Europe, kind of thing said and believed by certain North Americans is just as staggering.

Im not trying to be offencive, but its kind of the same connotation.

I agree.

JIA, when you posted biblical quotes, you atleast proved you had an extensive knowledge of biblical text, and could flexibly apply your Biblical knowledge to different "moral" scenarios.

But when you just started posting Chick Tracts, I took your arguments and you Faith less and less seriously...

Gregory

Of course you don't. Just because you were the one who brought up the death penalty in Jewish law ... I mean, that was over a day ago! Who can remember stuff that far back?

debbiejo
OHH SNAP LORD URIZEN WITH THE ZING Well yeah.......kinda true when it comes to historical things................sorry...

FeceMan
Of course you don't. Just because you were the one who brought up the death penalty in Jewish law ... I mean, that was over a day ago! Who can remember stuff that far back?
I suppose if you had put it in context we wouldn't be in this situation.
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well yeah.......kinda true when it comes to historical things................sorry...
Gee, I guess I'd have to be an agnostic for my ability to admit what I don't know to be appreciated.

debbiejo
IGee, I guess I'd have to be an agnostic for my ability to admit what I don't know to be appreciated. Well I appreciate you and you knowledge, but this whole field of religion is very vast. (sp?)

Alliance
Gee, I guess I'd have to be an agnostic for my ability to admit what I don't know to be appreciated.

Yeah. Something we agree on.

*Glares at debbie/Regret*

Lord Urizen

1) This is the first time you admit that you don't know whether your Religion is factual or not.

2) As I've seen it, Fecesman, you lack appreciation for most opinions that question, challenge, or attack Christianity. I recall you referring to those who oppose Christianity as "morons".

Regret
Yeah. Something we agree on.

*Glares at debbie/Regret*

?

Regret

No, it is merely the trademark of the agnostic to admit it.

As a Christian I would say it would be a near miracle for a person to be that way... roll eyes (sarcastic)

j/k

Alliance
Originally posted by Regret
?

YOur post in the "i admire _____ about (insert religion here thread)"

I take offense to that. smile But I cant say so in lil's "let make the religion forum nice again initiative threads"

FeceMan
1) This is the first time you admit that you don't know whether your Religion is factual or not.

2) As I've seen it, Fecesman, you lack appreciation for most opinions that question, challenge, or attack Christianity. I recall you referring to those who oppose Christianity as "morons".
1. I did not admit that it was not factual. I have, on multiple occasions, admitted not to knowing things.

2. You need your eyes checked.

Lord Urizen
1. I did not admit that it was not factual. I have, on multiple occasions, admitted not to knowing things.

2. You need your eyes checked.

1) To claim your Faith as fact is saying that you know it is true. To admit that you do now know is to decline from calling your Faith "factual".

2) You need to make sure you don't have Amnesia

Gregory
I suppose if you had put it in context we wouldn't be in this situation.

In other words, "It's your fault for not holding my hand!" Right. I'll try not to over-estimate you in the future.

Lord Urizen
I wondor if JesusIsAlive feels he has successfully carried out his missions of enlightening our spirits.

Alliance
I don't think he does.

Gregory
I have a theory about JesusIsAlive. Well, my first theory is that he's a troll, but I have a secondary theory. JIA doesn't think of himself as a missinary; he thinks of himself as a martyr, Here he is, a poor persecuted Christian, spreading the Word of God to all of us evil heathens in spite of our ridicule and scorn! Truly, a devote Christian. He doesn't want to convert anyone, he wants his fundamentalist Christian persecution complex validated.

Alliance
WHOA...there were like forty seven theories in there.

1. Troll. Likely.
2. Martyr. Impossible...he's not dead. e-Martyr wannabe?
3. Unstable psycho seeking spiritual validation. Also likely.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
you know, if you look back at all the posts by users who have told you you were full of shit, several of them are gay. BUT! none of them have made an issue out of homosexuality. Only you do that. You turn "gay" into a focal point, not the actual gay posters. That's sad...just like you. And, it's awfully indicative of a whob sock to boot. Im not against homosexuality but I think and know that Gay marriage is wrong and a sin. Its disgraceful how they would allow it in churches. Makes the word of god contradictful Which I belive IS NOT!

Alliance
Um...why do gays have to be married in churches?

Its only the civil marriage that they want.

The state outlaws polygamy and killing infidels...even though those go agianst some churches policies.

JacopeX
Um...why do gays have to be married in churches?

Its only the civil marriage that they want.

The state outlaws polygamy and killing infidels...even though those go agianst some churches policies. Well I dont know why, but if your talking civil like, take it to the General Discussion Forum.

Alliance
HA.

JacopeX
HA. So you want to talk civil here?

Well, lets see Its not based on religion and still stay with my word that Homosexual marriages are wrong and should be banned. Im not against gays but I think its wrong for them to marry. I said it before, im a beginner in my catholic religion and still learning it.

Imperial_Samura

1. Troll. Likely.

Well, after the persecutions ruled out Christians being able to legitimate seek death some started going the whole "white death" thing, were they died socially (sacrificed their social lives) as opposed to physically. They ostracised themselves from the masses and walled themselves up in caves or stood on poles etc.

He is doing a good job at ostracising himself from the community - maybe it is the whole living death type martyrdom.

Alliance
laughing I always loved the sitting on poles...no wonder the Romans thought that they were crazy.

Imperial_Samura
laughing I always loved the sitting on poles...no wonder the Romans thought that they were crazy.

True, true. So much symbolism involved in thinking one is getting closer to God by sitting on a pole and never washing. Those Christians were crazy.

Alliance
Maybe it was a giant refernece to homosexuality...or Egyptian obliesks

Imperial_Samura
Maybe it was a giant refernece to homosexuality...or Egyptian obliesks

Ah, the eternal phallic imagery, never goes astray. Sounds like the kind of theory Dan Brown would go for.

Darth Jello
the thing that blows my mind most is that people admire chick despite his inability to draw in any distinctive way or put any sense of character into his drawings. I mean hi-lights magazine's art is more distinctive

Alliance
Ah, the eternal phallic imagery, never goes astray.

It unfortunate. One of my friends is obsessed about it. It really makes me angry.

Himo
It unfortunate. One of my friends is obsessed about it. It really makes me angry.

Is he in any way a woman or a homosexual?

Alliance
No. Just an artist...like me...but much more sexual.

Himo
Oh. So he's interested in phallic things? He might want to try Silent Hill. It's quite suprirsing how many references there are.

Alliance
Hes not interested in phallic things, jut references to phallauses in art and culture...and he sees them everwhere beyond where they should be....so I try not to encourage him smile

FeceMan
Originally posted by Darth Jello
the thing that blows my mind most is that people admire chick despite his inability to draw in any distinctive way or put any sense of character into his drawings. I mean hi-lights magazine's art is more distinctive
What are you talking about? That teacher is ****ing evil--just look at her face!

Gregory
Chick doesn't draw the tracks, does he? I thought he had an illustrator.

Alliance
I have no idea.

He certainly puts his name on them.

Imperial_Samura
Chick doesn't draw the tracks, does he? I thought he had an illustrator.

Then he is double damned - he passes judgement on them, one would expect he to hire a good comic artist. It's not like there aren't many out there.

RocasAtoll
Then he is double damned - he passes judgement on them, one would expect he to hire a good comic artist. It's not like there aren't many out there.

He, as afar as I know, did the early ones. I' not so sure about all of them though.

Lord Urizen

1. Troll. Likely.

My theories:

1) Troll as well

2) I also beleive he has this "victim complex" where he subconcsiouly WANTS everyone to insult his Faith so it makes it easier for him to demonize the rest of us, and feel sorry for himself.

3) He may honestly think he is a tool for God, and beleive that because his beleifs spring from the "Divine" that everything he says is automatically correct, and everything we say, no matter how logical or factual, is wrong.

4) He's retarted.

5) He's a guy who's never had sex, tries his hardest to get it, and passes the time by annoying people online.

6) He's a computer virus

Alliance
6) He's a computer virus

Is that why my PC keeps crashing?

Or like the polio virus type?

Lord Urizen
Is that why my PC keeps crashing?

Or like the polio virus type?

PC Virus....when you respond to him, you catch spyware and other infective programs.

Alliance
ahhh.

Shakyamunison
So, what about those chick tracks?innocent

Alliance
ban

Lord Urizen
Chick Tracts with a nick nack patty wack, don't give a dog a bone, cuz if u hit u gon' be all alone.

Alliance
your beats are off methinks.

Shakyamunison
ban

Hey! I'm just trying to get back on topic. stick out tongue

Alliance
spam_laser

Lord Urizen
spam_laser

Stop spamming

Alliance
Me? Spam?

Lord Urizen
Me? Spam?

droolio mmmm...spammmm

Alliance
Can you stay around then....like a cleanerfish.

lil bitchiness
I agree.

JIA, when you posted biblical quotes, you atleast proved you had an extensive knowledge of biblical text, and could flexibly apply your Biblical knowledge to different "moral" scenarios.

But when you just started posting Chick Tracts, I took your arguments and you Faith less and less seriously...

I concur.

If a person cannot uplift his/hers religion, without shaming the other, that says a lot about that religion, doesn't it.

Chick is sick. It even rhymes.

Shakyamunison
I concur.

If a person cannot uplift his/hers religion, without shaming the other, that says a lot about that religion, doesn't it.

laughing

Alliance
I concur.

On the contrary...I would say it says more about the person. Perhaps the current interpretation of the religoin is a catalyst for such shameful actions....but when it comes down to it...people have a brain. If they choose not to use it...it is not their religons fault...it is thiers.

Darth Jello
What are you talking about? That teacher is ****ing evil--just look at her face!

I think god struck him with arthritis and he wouldn't take a hint.

Alliance
Maybe next hell get cancer. Disease is a sign that you're failing god.

Lord Urizen
Maybe next hell get cancer. Disease is a sign that you're failing god.

That's exactly it. HIV/AIDS is for gay people. Cancer is for other sinners, and the Africans starve and suffer from famine because they are Pagans.

You see ? God is just and is fair.

Imperial_Samura
and the Africans starve and suffer from famine because they are Pagans.

Which is funny because Africa is one of the few places where Christianity is not declining - in part to all that suffering. Which is one of the problems many people have with those Christians who claim "God looks after his own" - yes, tell that to the millions of African members of the flock starving and dying of disease and at the hands of the militias.

FeceMan
Which is funny because Africa is one of the few places where Christianity is not declining - in part to all that suffering. Which is one of the problems many people have with those Christians who claim "God looks after his own" - yes, tell that to the millions of African members of the flock starving and dying of disease and at the hands of the militias.
Which is the exact reason why God's people go to help them.

Lord Urizen

How come the Help isnt really working though ?

FeceMan
How come the Help isnt really working though ?
There aren't enough of them.

Imperial_Samura

And of course the Athiests who go over there to help are often seen as chopped liver compared to the Christians who go over there.

Lord Urizen

There are tons of Christians who live. In fact, the major religion of this world is Christianity....yet how come so few Christians are bothering to go help those in Africa?

Let me ask you...are you doing anything about the damages and suffering in Africa ?

Imperial_Samura

Perhaps it is more... shall we say, intentions of the Christians that go that is a problem? What use, exactly, are the base missionaries who simply go over there to preach and convert? None. At all.

It is only at higher levels, with money, infrastructure and science that real progress is made. Fortunately some Christian organisations are up to date with that.

And there seems to be a terrible lot of Christians in the world. The majority of them who will never go aiding in Africa. You make it sound like Christians are somehow a tiny minority struggling. Not one of the more numerous and influential religions around.

FeceMan
Perhaps it is more... shall we say, intentions of the Christians that go that is a problem? What use, exactly, are the base missionaries who simply go over there to preach and convert? None. At all.

It is only at higher levels, with money, infrastructure and science that real progress is made. Fortunately some Christian organisations are up to date with that.

And there seems to be a terrible lot of Christians in the world. The majority of them who will never go aiding in Africa. You make it sound like Christians are somehow a tiny minority struggling. Not one of the more numerous and influential religions around.
Hmm, my church has sent missionaries that certainly aren't at the "higher level". They help them build as well as preach and convert.

And my intent wasn't to make it sound like Christians are a minority. Unfortunately, I happen to be quite wrapped up in my own life right now.

Alliance
Not one of the more numerous and influential religions around.

The most numerous and one of the most influential.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>