America gets Bleached!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calvs
Ok, I've been reading the mangafrom the beginning, but I haven't watched the subbed anime cause I wasnted to give the Dubbed Anime a chance. Tonight I saw the teaser for Bleach on Adult Swim. It looks cool. I can't wait.

Coleman Trebor
*Shudders at the over-ratedness that is Bleach... and Naruto as well.*

Kero_Co
I'm right there with you calvs. I've been reading Bleach since the day one. I just hope they don't give use a repeat of One Piece. It is so bad that I can't even read the manga without hearing those awful voices.

I do here about Bleach being overrated, which I know nothing about, but it will never be as overrated as Inu-Yasha, or what I'd like to call, the anime equivalent of Wolverine.

Kuchiki Byakuya
I just don't hope they don't give the characters unbelievable voices like in Naruto.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Wouldn't this belong in the Bleach thread? o_O but i also saw the commercial...i hate the dubbs, ichigo's voice is way off X_X

Black Adam
Originally posted by Kuchiki Byakuya
I just don't hope they don't give the characters unbelievable voices like in Naruto.

the naruto dub is not that bad. smile

if you want unbelievable voices stick to whining about one piece...thats one everyone can agree on.

and I've never seen the the bleach sub but from the promo the voices sounded all right.

Black Adam
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
Wouldn't this belong in the Bleach thread? o_O but i also saw the commercial...i hate the dubbs, ichigo's voice is way off X_X

really?

I'm going to have to try and look for some sub episodes on youtube then to see for myself.

calvs
Wouldn't this belong in the Bleach thread? o_O but i also saw the commercial...i hate the dubbs, ichigo's voice is way off X_X I'll agree with you there, but The Original Jap. Anime's Ichigo's voice is off too erm

Black Adam
Originally posted by calvs
I'll agree with you there, but The Original Jap. Anime's Ichigo's voice is off too erm

really? so what's he supposed to sound like?

calvs
Originally posted by Black Adam
really? so what's he supposed to sound like? I don't know what to compare it to, but I expected something a little tougher and edgier. I guess I just set a voice for him when I was reading the manga.

Coleman Trebor
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I'm right there with you calvs. I've been reading Bleach since the day one. I just hope they don't give use a repeat of One Piece. It is so bad that I can't even read the manga without hearing those awful voices.

I do here about Bleach being overrated, which I know nothing about, but it will never be as overrated as Inu-Yasha, or what I'd like to call, the anime equivalent of Wolverine.

Faie enough, and I agree that Inu-yasha is very over rated. I should just make a most over rated thread...

calvs
I don't even know why Inuyasha is over rated at all. It's not even good enough to be rated erm

Kuchiki Byakuya
I don't even know if I'm going to watch the dubed version. The only reason I watched the Naruto one was so that I could see how they matched the voices.

But I like Inuyasha....

Kero_Co
I don't think it will be too bad. Ichigo's voice is ok, and rukia's is fitting.
I'll be watching the the dub to catch the bount arc, which is absent from the manga. I think the series will end up going in a different direction than the manga, kind of like Full Metal Alchemist.
I wonder how they'll portray Orihime's lesbian friend.

Kuchiki Byakuya
I just hope they don't screw up my 3 favorite characters.

Kero_Co
chad, aizen, and yuruichi?

Kuchiki Byakuya
1. Byakuya
2. Soifon
3. Yoruichi

calvs
My favs:
Kisuke
Yoruichi
Orihme

Kuchiki Byakuya
but then Nova is also one of my favorites.

Black Adam
found the promo for anyone who hasn't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIoXv8lLmJE

Kuchiki Byakuya
Eek. The voices are kinda bad....

Black Adam
Originally posted by Kuchiki Byakuya
Eek. The voices are kinda bad....

I just watched episode 5 sub....

they don't sound that bad to me... but then I'm actually going to reserve judgment until I hear more then just 30 seconds of promo

Kuchiki Byakuya
But thats only Rukia and Ichigo. I wonder how they'll do with the other voices....

sailormoon
Yay! I was so excited when I found out we're getting Bleached!!! I was waiting for some new anime!!! eek!

Kero_Co
Yes, now they need to replace minoriteam and it's all good!

I bet Steven Blum is going to voice act a character. The guy is everywhere.

Are they going to call them soul reapers or shinigami?

Quincy
I hope they call them Soul Reapers. It's just cooler

Kuchiki Byakuya
meh, I like shinigami better

calvs
Shinigami is annoying. Plus the voice actors sound about as american as can be, So I'm guessing they'll use Soul-Reapers.

animewatcher13
what exactly is bleach about?

XxILuvVegetaxX
I'll agree with you there, but The Original Jap. Anime's Ichigo's voice is off too erm

Well, I've never read the manga and thought that the voice suited him well XD Though its always different when you read the manga first >.> The english version of Ichigo's voice...i just didnt like...its like the opposite of the japanese one

calvs
Well, I've never read the manga and thought that the voice suited him well XD Though its always different when you read the manga first >.> The english version of Ichigo's voice...i just didnt like...its like the opposite of the japanese one The closest thing I can compare my ideal Ichigo voice to is the English Dubbed naruto's Inuzuka Kiba..

sailormoon
Yes, now they need to replace minoriteam and it's all good!

I bet Steven Blum is going to voice act a character. The guy is everywhere.

Are they going to call them soul reapers or shinigami?

lol

So true...I wouldn't be surprised at all! laughing out loud

Lana
I don't even know why Inuyasha is over rated at all. It's not even good enough to be rated erm

It's overrated because people think it's good.

As for Bleach...don't like it. Just as I can't stand Naruto.

And the Shinigami/Soul-Reaper thing...oh would it kill the dub companies to translate something properly for a change?

calvs
Originally posted by Lana

And the Shinigami/Soul-Reaper thing...oh would it kill the dub companies to translate something properly for a change? I'd rather they be called Soul Reapers than Death Gods...

Kero_Co
I like shinigami. It's hard to explain, but I think shinigami would kind of deliver the full scope of what they are.Otherwise, it would kind of be like calling a dragon a dinosaur. I do believe, however, that they'll be calling them soul reapers. Hopefully, at the very least, they won't change the Zanpakus.

sailormoon
Originally posted by Lana

And the Shinigami/Soul-Reaper thing...oh would it kill the dub companies to translate something properly for a change?

Hey, what's your sig and avvy pic of?

calvs
Originally posted by sailormoon
Hey, what's your sig and avvy pic of? It's from the dojo fight from Final Flight of the Osiris, which is from the Animatrix.

Lana
It's from the dojo fight from Final Flight of the Osiris, which is from the Animatrix.

It's not the dojo fight stick out tongue but it is from Final Flight, it's Jue.

Coleman Trebor
Zomg minoriteam rocks, its betetr then all the anime shows on Adult Swim put together, yay for minoriteam! eek!

Quincy
The english manga has shinigami called "Soul Reapers" since they do so much "Soul Reaping"

Soul reapers has a more english feel to it than Shinigami. As for the ideal Ichigo voice: Why do you think Kyle Hebert? I think the voice they have for ichigo is perfectly fine - its a kinda punky teenager voice. It isn't too deep or too high. Kiba's voice was too...out of character. I think we just have complainers.

calvs
Originally posted by Quincy
The english manga has shinigami called "Soul Reapers" since they do so much "Soul Reaping"

Soul reapers has a more english feel to it than Shinigami. As for the ideal Ichigo voice: Why do you think Kyle Hebert? I think the voice they have for ichigo is perfectly fine - its a kinda punky teenager voice. It isn't too deep or too high. Kiba's voice was too...out of character. I think we just have complainers. I was only saying that's the closest i could think of atm. I know that's not who I should compare it to. I dunno how to explain it. I think Ichigo's voice should be edgier, but we can't really evealuate everything from a 30 second teaser. I know I'm definately looking forward to tomorrow night though stick out tongue

Kero_Co
Well, few dubs are perfect, but bleach doesn't have to be to be enjoyable. It just needs to be better than One Piece. The shaman King dubs sucked big time, but it was better than One Piece, and I still enjoyed it. I hoping to see some Hunter x Hunter in the near future.
Actually, Bleach is already very popular. When it airs it is going to be HUGE. You know what that means.....ignorant fanboys.

calvs
Well, few dubs are perfect, but bleach doesn't have to be to be enjoyable. It just needs to be better than One Piece. The shaman King dubs sucked big time, but it was better than One Piece, and I still enjoyed it. I hoping to see some Hunter x Hunter in the near future.
Actually, Bleach is already very popular. When it airs it is going to be HUGE. You know what that means.....ignorant fanboys.
Yeah, I was dreading that erm

Kurosaki Ichigo
It looks pretty interesting. Ichigo's voice is good to me. Although i hate KON's voice.

calvs
I missed the first showing. I'll watch it later.

sailormoon
Hmmm...I like it so far!

Skeets
The Voices are a bit off imo.

Quincy
Kons voice blows ass.

I think that Kate Higgins is much better in her portrayal of Karin then her attempts at Sakura. Eck.

I was kinda pissed that they called the soul slayers a "zan-pakutou." why not translate it? It's a dumb decision.

Kero_Co
Was that really Kon's voice at the end? It sounded like some twisted goku/vash mix, but I could be wrong because we were talking about the elephant dance at the time. I'd have to see the ep to really judge it. I think Bleach is getting off on the right foot, I can't wait to see the fight with Fisher.

calvs
Ichigos voice is suprisingly good, Rukia's is pserfect, Karin's is awesome, and Ichigo's dad is hilarious, just as in the manga.

Kuchiki Byakuya
The voices are beter than expected. I like 'em.

Smiling_Sadly
i havent seen it yet, but it looks to be pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.