desktop..... gone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prabhodh
my desktop is gone.... my taskbar is gone(i cant see them). sad

i am going through my task manager to use IE.

i have windows xp, can someone plz help me. sad

§P0oONY
Restart the computer...
Or try using the Task Manager and ending the "explorer" process. Not Internet explorer... but explorer.

Fire
yea and if you can't find the process "explorer" try using the run option in the Task Manager and type in 'explorer.exe' that should make it work again

Prabhodh
sorry, you guys didn't understand me, the problem is not explore, its my desktop i cant see any of my shortcuts or by task bar.

eggmayo
Task Manager

File

New task (run)

type explorer.exe, press enter.

Hopefully will work smile

El_NINO
Originally posted by Prabhodh
sorry, you guys didn't understand me, the problem is not explore, its my desktop i cant see any of my shortcuts or by task bar.

every pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL and have an 6 options come up... well one of them is task manager. Once you got that open follow eggmayos guide but first right click on "EXPLORER.EXE" and click on 'end process' than do the following.

Task Manager

File

New task (run)

type explorer.exe, press enter.

Prabhodh
this is what i see.

Captain REX
All we can do is repeat the advice given above.

Prabhodh
Originally posted by Captain REX
All we can do is repeat the advice given above.

Oh i allready tried that, but it still doesn't work. sad

coolmovies
I kinda have the same problem i have a blank screen with all the icons . i tryed everything but i cant put wallpapers on

LanceWindu
Originally posted by coolmovies
I kinda have the same problem i have a blank screen with all the icons . i tryed everything but i cant put wallpapers on

Virus

coolmovies
I scanned my computer and nothing came up

§P0oONY
Originally posted by coolmovies

Not the same problem at all really. stick out tongue

coolmovies
sorry ya i know well its not my topic bye

Prabhodh
So does any anyone know whats up with mine?

i closed the process 'explorer' and then followed your intructions but nothing happend. sad

Dumbledore>all
Okay, look go to Cntrl alt delete in the applications tab you should see New Task... click it. Then under open put explorer.exe and press okay. Like it's been stated earlier very simple. If it still doesn't come up restart the machine and it should always bring it back up.

Prabhodh
I've tried this and it did'nt work sad

i followed the guide and nothing happend so i press restart and before it shuts down it says explorer is not responding.

is it possible that there is another problem?

Prabhodh
update guys problems fixed..... dont know how, mum did it, but its fixed.

Thank you for all your help. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.