North Star runs the Gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rols
Northstar (Capable of using Thermo blast without her Sis.) runs the gauntlet... Ohh this is current 1 w/ upgrade and can use 1 of those nasty pills that powers them up even more in one of the fights of your own choosing..

1. Quicksilver
2. Jay Garrick
3. Strong Guy
4. Human Torch
5. Thing
6. Canonball
7. Rogue
8. Mr. Fantastic
9. Storm
10. Invisible Woman
11. Xavier
12. Cable
13. Exodus
14. Vulcan
15. Nate
16. Flash

Grimm22
Jay Garrick stops him yes

Rols
No speed force anymore, I think Northstar could beat him...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Rols
No speed force anymore, I think Northstar could beat him...

If we are talking about current Jay, then its different erm

Rols
Yeah im talking about current Jay, Hes metahuman but i really dont know how fast he can go as a meta human.. Anyhow back on topic how far would Northstar go in that gauntlet? Or just list anybody on the list who he could win or loose..

Grimm22
Eh erm

He cant really hurt Strong Guy, but then again Strong Guy cant hurt him.

Rols
Lets see Northstar upgraded version allows him to lightspeed category, his body is protected by somekind of friction shield. With this shield + speed he was capable of injuring the likes of Hulk, other Tanks and this is prior to his upgrade too + giving him the ability to use thermal blast (usually requires Aurora to perform) would probably put Stronguy's mutant power to absorb kinetic energy to its limit, overloading him.

King_Mungi
Most he can speedblitz, or hit people at the speed of light. Even before his upgrade his punches even hurt Sasquatch and the Hulk

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Northstar

A cyclone removing all the oxygen in a desired location should put down the big boys

Rols
So how far in the list you think he can go...

King_Mungi
So how far in the list you think he can go...

To Flash, moving at lightspeed there isn't anything the psychics can really do. Even before his upgrade he easily beat Mister Fantastic.

Innerhype
I'd say 10 but Northstar would prolly pull the majority in that fight. He is stopped cold at 11 though.

Rols
Yeah same here, I think the telepaths would be his hardest matches but I think his SofL speed can put a him ahead of the mind attacks. He could be stop by Vulcan and Nate dough if his initial attack fails... Then again Nate manage to reform his body after being ripped in many pieces but put that aside cause it think that was pis.... He dont beat Flash...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Innerhype
I'd say 10 but Northstar would prolly pull the majority in that fight. He is stopped cold at 11 though.

Why? Northstar can move faster than Professor X can react as shown he easily speedblitzed Emma Frost

Brutacus
Still X is on a total other lvl than Emma in my opinion.

Rols
Yeah but most psi attacks is not at SofL speed, so Northstar can just keep moving

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Brutacus

He is, but reacting at lightspeed? nope. He goes down hard, same with IW who wouldn't even get her shield up.

Skeets
Originally posted by Brutacus
Yeah,but she's not on a wheelchair.

King_Mungi
Yeah but most psi attacks is not at SofL speed, so Northstar can just keep moving

Why move when he can instantly just attack and with one punch and kill him. As one punch ko'ed Rogue and that was with his stolen speed powers.

Rols
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Why move when he can instantly just attack and with one punch and kill him. As one punch ko'ed Rogue and that was with his stolen speed powers.
Just saying SofL is faster than psi attacks..

King_Mungi
Just saying SofL is faster than psi attacks..

Damn right it is, it's said that the speed of thought is about 30 m/s (meters), while speed of light is 186000 miles per second

Rols
got to go to work, still say Nate or Flash can take him..

King_Mungi
got to go to work, still say Nate or Flash can take him..

Which Nate? Shaman Nate or regular Nate as he can be speedblitzed as well.

Rols
I think regular Nate goes down, Shaman Nate is a god, Northstar lossess on this one..

King_Mungi
I think regular Nate goes down, Shaman Nate is a god, Northstar lossess on this one..

Yeah if it;s Shaman it's different that's why I asked.

thedude1948
If he can beat Vulcan which I think is a tossup. Nate takes him down.

Northstar Speedblitzes Nate who phases through him, then Nate drags him into the Astral plane and puts a TK spike through his head.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by thedude1948
If he can beat Vulcan which I think is a tossup. Nate takes him down.

Northstar Speedblitzes Nate who phases through him, then Nate drags him into the Astral plane and puts a TK spike through his head.

Once again Northstar reacts and moves faster than X-Man can react, he wouldn't even be able to do that without getting speedblitzed first.

thedude1948
Once again Northstar reacts and moves faster than X-Man can react, he wouldn't even be able to do that without getting speedblitzed first.

Around how fast is Northstar's thought process?

King_Mungi
Around how fast is Northstar's thought process?

Always been superspeed, and with this upgrade it has to be near lightspeed or he wouldn't have been able to do something like this...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190005qg7.jpg

thedude1948
In that scan isnt it kind of implied that Emma could have shut them down if she was not in Diamond form?

batdude123

laughing out loud

I kept saying all that about Superman in the Superman vs. X-Man thread. He doesn't have any protection against the speed blitz, but for some reason, that wouldn't "work" on him because he's VERY powerful when he actually has time to think about using his powers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King_Mungi
In that scan isnt it kind of implied that Emma could have shut them down if she was not in Diamond form?

No she was out of Diamond form when Cannonball told her to lock onto them. They speedblitzed her even before she could do such a thing.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud

I kept saying all that about Superman in the Superman vs. X-Man thread. He doesn't have any protection against the speed blitz, but for some reason, that wouldn't "work" on him because he's VERY powerful when he actually has time to think about using his powers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well their wrong, Superman can move and react lightspeed levels. He would speedblitz X-Man just like Northstar would.

batdude123
Well their wrong, Superman can move and react lightspeed levels. He would speedblitz X-Man just like Northstar would.

Yeah, I know. laughing out loud

thedude1948
"And that might even have worked. But the Former White Queen has to abandon her Diamond form to use her Psi-powers."

This sounds like the writers are saying if Emma was not in Diamond form she could have locked onto them.

King_Mungi
"And that might even have worked. But the Former White Queen has to abandon her Diamond form to use her Psi-powers."

This sounds like the writers are saying if Emma was not in Diamond form she could have locked onto them.

Ummm...once again she wasn't in her diamond form look at the page. Your telling me Emma can react at speeds faster than light? nope. Notice it said might, not will.

thedude1948
Ummm...once again she wasn't in her diamond form look at the page. Your telling me Emma can react at speeds faster than light? nope. Notice it said might, not will.

its hard to tell time by the panels, I know she was in diamond form before that. But its hard to ignore what was said in the panel. We also dont know the exact thought speed on Northstar either (I know its faster than normal but who knows how fast.). And no I dont think she can react at speeds faster than light.

King_Mungi
Here Aurora who has the same speed as Northstar punks X-23 and Mercury
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190008as3.jpg

King_Mungi
its hard to tell time by the panels, I know she was in diamond form before that. But its hard to ignore what was said in the panel. We also dont know the exact thought speed on Northstar either (I know its faster than normal but who knows how fast.). And no I dont think she can react at the speed faster than light.

They never said it would work, but "her body responds to her will within a hundreth of second" that inclues telepathy and she got speedblitzed. His thought process is so far faster than White Queen it's funny, it has to be near lightspeed or he couldn't do what he did to Cyclops

She went out of Diamond form when Cannonball crashed through the window. She had ample time to do what she had to do.

thedude1948

So are you saying Northstar will speedblitz Shaman Nate Grey? or the normal version? or both...

King_Mungi
So are you saying Northstar will speedblitz Shaman Nate Grey? or the normal version? or both...

I don't much about Shaman so can't say, but normal Nate for sure.

thedude1948
I don't much about Shaman so can't say, but normal Nate for sure.

Okay, he could probably beat normal Nate Grey. But Shaman Nate Grey there is no way. He was fast enough to leave the Universe in 2 panels.

Rols
Northstar couldnt even touch Shaman Nate...

ExodusCloak
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7300/xmen190004pj8.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2691/xmen190005qg7.jpg

I think the writer was unjust to Northstar in saying that....Emma abandons her diamond form as Cannonball finishes his sentence....then instantly after that she gets blitzed...I honestly think the writer is implying that she could have taken them out had she been in her human form....however I believe the writer neglected the twins super reflexes unless he thinks that uber telepaths have super reflexes too SoFL reflexes....? (Don't mind me...by telepathic fanboyism is showing)

BTW Her body reacts at 1/100 of a second could mean that her Diamond Form acts at 1/100 of a second but her Psi powers could work on another level...the fact that the writer was stupid enough to imply it is gives me a window of opportunity...

As for the Gauntlet...what's Current Cables durability like...I mean Northstar smacked Emma in her human form when he blitzed her...and she was alright...

Don't know about current Cable, but Exodus has shown amazing durability and Vulcan apparently can take on Glads...I'd say Northstar stops at Exodus....not just because I'm biased...but because he's shown some amazing durability feats...and well the whole Emma Northstar blitz thing...

Wait just saw the Vaccum thing...Vulcan has shown the ability to manouver at incredible speeds...Exodus has blitzed holocaust...so that does suggest that they have super reflexes to some extent..the Vaccum thing would work on Exodus I believe...however it won't work on Vulcan since he can survive in space unaided...so I change my mind I say he stops at Vulcan...

Alfheim
Dammit man heroes like Northstar are too powerful!!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7300/xmen190004pj8.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2691/xmen190005qg7.jpg

I think the writer was unjust to Northstar in saying that....Emma abandons her diamond form as Cannonball finishes his sentence....then instantly after that she gets blitzed...I honestly think the writer is implying that she could have taken them out had she been in her human form....however I believe the writer neglected the twins super reflexes unless he thinks that uber telepaths have super reflexes too SoFL reflexes....? (Don't mind me...by telepathic fanboyism is showing)

BTW Her body reacts at 1/100 of a second could mean that her Diamond Form acts at 1/100 of a second but her Psi powers could work on another level...the fact that the writer was stupid enough to imply it is gives me a window of opportunity...

As for the Gauntlet...what's Current Cables durability like...I mean Northstar smacked Emma in her human form when he blitzed her...and she was alright...

Don't know about current Cable, but Exodus has shown amazing durability and Vulcan apparently can take on Glads...I'd say Northstar stops at Exodus....not just because I'm biased...but because he's shown some amazing durability feats...and well the whole Emma Northstar blitz thing...

Wait just saw the Vaccum thing...Vulcan has shown the ability to manouver at incredible speeds...Exodus has blitzed holocaust...so that does suggest that they have super reflexes to some extent..the Vaccum thing would work on Exodus I believe...however it won't work on Vulcan since he can survive in space unaided...so I change my mind I say he stops at Vulcan...

Naaaa...even prior to his upgrade, Northstar ran 7.5 miles per second, that's far far faster than a normal human could do and far faster than the speed of thought.

They could have also meant her telepathy needs 1/100 of a second to activate, as even before that comment was made she was already out of diamond form.

Emma was knocked out, and one hit from Northstar on Rogue who just stole his speed powers he ko'ed with one hit. Cable's durability won't be a factor, as prior to the upgrade Northstar was hurting Hulk and Sasquatch. Well how many SOFL hits could Exodus take before he goes down?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

I believe he could get stopped at Vulcan and definetly stops at Flash

ExodusCloak
Naaaa...even prior to his upgrade, Northstar ran 7.5 miles per second, that's far far faster than a normal human could do and far faster than the speed of thought.

They could have also meant her telepathy needs 1/100 of a second to activate, as even before that comment was made she was already out of diamond form.

Emma was knocked out, and one hit from Northstar on Rogue who just stole his speed powers he ko'ed with one hit. Cable's durability won't be a factor, as prior to the upgrade Northstar was hurting Hulk and Sasquatch. Well how many SOFL hits could Exodus take before he goes down?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

I believe he could get stopped at Vulcan and definetly stops at Flash

I think the vaccum thing will knock out Exodus...

As for the scan it's open up for intepretation...the way I think it happened is as soon as Cannonball finished his sentence Emma changed back into her human form which takes 1/100 of a second...otherwise why would the writer even need to imply that Emma had a chance to take out a speedster?
I mean as far as KMC forums is concerned that entire sentence is a waste of space, money and ink...

I believe the writer neglected the Twins super reflexes....otherwise he just said that telepathy acts at the speed of light...

As for Emma being knocked out...her durability is human...and well she had no broken bones which is quite odd...granted Aurora stuck her fingers through X-23..
Exodus should go down by the vaccum...not sure about Vulcan....

King_Mungi
True enough

Vulcan shouldn't go down in a vaccum, have they revealed how fast he can go in space yet? I''m assume it's sub-light or light speed

ExodusCloak
True enough

Vulcan shouldn't go down in a vaccum, have they revealed how fast he can go in space yet? I''m assume it's sub-light or light speed

Nope...that's what gives Northstar an advantage...you see a beam of energy flying through space...on panel it shows him leaving the Earths atmosphere the following page it says deep in space...
It's fast but there's no known quantity....hopefully his fight with the entire Imperial Guard will clarify things...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.