Answers to Prayers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
For clarification:

People always say that Yahweh hasn't answered their prayers. They seem to be mixing up the word "answered" and "answered how I want Him to". Yahweh often says 'no' or 'wait' instead of an outright 'yes', and the answers that are yeses often come about in ways that aren't how we would expect.

Alliance
Maybe YHWH doesnt' exist...and you're just justifying his lack of answers.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
Maybe YHWH doesnt' exist...and you're just justifying his lack of answers.
Or maybe I'm pointing out that people think answers are always yeses, so they (erroneously) believe that God's ignoring them.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by FeceMan
Or maybe I'm pointing out that people think answers are always yeses, so they (erroneously) believe that God's ignoring them.

I don't know if they always expect them to be yes, but I think more then a few would alctually like something that they can chalk up and say "Well, God actually answered me" as opposed to "Well, I have no idea if he has answered me or not. Or if he will."

So many prayers seem to go - "God help me with this"
"God answer me this"
"God, give me a sign"

FeceMan
Yeah, that would be nice.

Alliance
Most people who are insano religious will trust god to make a decision...they just want to know he's there.

Its an act of despiration out of fear. They are not in total control of their lives, so they need to feel that someone else is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.