Darth Vader verus Durge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Who wins?

They are fighting on Mustafasar.

Advent
Darth Grenadier wins. Is this pre-suit Vader? Or post-suit? And if post-suit, I can only assume OT?

Anyways, post-suit Vader isn't as agile as his Jedi counterpart, however, he still is quite agile as seen in a flashback of Crimson Empire. If I do remember right (and I do), that did help Anakin in his fight with Durge, but that doesn't matter as much as the fact Vader can just toss Durge into the lava, in which I can only assume the Gen'Dai dies. He has a lot of metal, droids, and scraps that he can throw at Durge to weaken him first. Much like he did in his original fight. Plus, I'm sure it'd be easier given he's now even better command over the Force.

So, as I said, Vader wins. Keep in mind, I was just operating under the assumption it's OT Vader.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Advent
Darth Grenadier wins. Is this pre-suit Vader? Or post-suit? And if post-suit, I can only assume OT?

Anyways, post-suit Vader isn't as agile as his Jedi counterpart, however, he still is quite agile as seen in a flashback of Crimson Empire. If I do remember right (and I do), that did help Anakin in his fight with Durge, but that doesn't matter as much as the fact Vader can just toss Durge into the lava, in which I can only assume the Gen'Dai dies. He has a lot of metal, droids, and scraps that he can throw at Durge to weaken him first. Much like he did in his original fight. Plus, I'm sure it'd be easier given he's now even better command over the Force.

So, as I said, Vader wins. Keep in mind, I was just operating under the assumption it's OT Vader.

Yup its OT Vader. I personally think Durge does not stand a chance.

Maybe I made the battle a little onesided, putting them on Mustafasar and all... But I agree with the fact that he could simply throw Durge into a pool of lava with his better command of the force.

Darth Kreiger
Vader could make his head pop

ESB Vader
whos durge, sry for asking a dumb qestion

Council#13
That guy that Obi-Wan 'killed' on Muunilist.

jollyjim311
Vader would collapse his armor in on him and shove him under the lava. Durge can stand lava, but, i doubt for a long period of time. If he even did live, he wouldn't be in fighting condition. Vader would win.

Council#13
Smart

Quinlan_Vos
Vader destroys Durge.

kamikz
Durge does have a jet pack to fly away from the lava with. DV could of course crush that as easily, though I think Durge would survive lava for a while. He could be blown apart and still come back to life. But he'd be very worn out, and if Darth could weaken him so much as Anakin did on that cruiser, then toss him in the lava again, I doubt he'd get up. It would require tactics for DV to win, but he is quite formidable at those...

Just on a side note, there is something I have been wondering about, and I don't like to make one question threads....
Why did Grievous say "Army or not, you must realize, you are doomed", when he already had gotten his ass kicked by Obi in half a minute? Was it just to intimidate him or some other reason?

John!attheDisco
Intimidation.

kamikz
K, thought so. It's pretty stupid though, Obi kicked his ass when he had 4 lightsabers and was surrounded by an army, then when Obi's army arrives and Grievous has lost two of his hands he is saying he has the high ground of the fight....

darthsith19
As was already stated, Vader could use the Force to push Durge into the lava. That might kill Durge, but without the lava Vader'd lose.

jollyjim311
Durge wouldn't be prepared for Vader. He has fought Jedi, but, I doubt he's fought anyone that would use outward attacks like crushes and the like.

On a side note: Durge has choked a Jedi in lava before.

ESB Vader
Originally posted by darthsith19
As was already stated, Vader could use the Force to push Durge into the lava. That might kill Durge, but without the lava Vader'd lose.

and couldn't Vader without the lava push the force inwards crushing durge? or use force grip to hold him in place then a lightsaber throw?

note in a choke you are immobilised, ur hands still can move but ur body stays still and Vader simply throws his saber

kamikz
How would that help? Durge has been BLOWN UP INTO PIECES, and yet he has still come back to life, and sabers doesn't do him any damage at all on the long run, he cannot die by them. And apparently he can resist lava as well, as Jollyjim said. I'd say Durge takes this now....

jollyjim311
I think he could resist lava for a brief moment, but, for any extended period of time in there, he'd be in no condition to fight afterwords. Vader has the raw force power and control to crush him, and keep him under that lava.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.