Steve Irwin has passed on

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maple Sugar
sadly true

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2006/09/03/irwin2.jpg

he was killed by a sting ray. he was filming a documentry

sad

lordofwar
Crikey!

That is pretty sad. Rest in peace, Steve.

BackFire
While I can't say this is surprising, you can only tempt death so many times before losing, he seemed like a very nice guy.

Britrogue
You have GOT to be joking? This is terrible! I love that guy!

Emma718
cry

I heard the news on the radio in the car a bit before 3pm, i was soo shocked. I never expected this to happen, and to Steve Irwin. Since then there has been so many new reports about his death tonight. I cried alot, he was such a awesome guy. He was an Australian Icon and loved by everyone. On a positive note he died doing something he loved.

R.I.P The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin.

You will be sadly missed, you made us Aussies proud smile

Britrogue
That's the only good thing I can take from it. That he died doing what he truly loved. A true hero and inspiration to all of us animal lovers!

dale007
He was a true hero

Council#13
Damn sting rays and their lack of honor. mad

dale007
I live in Cairns and was shocked when I herd about it.

ILoveMyDaniel
I thought he'd most likely die from a crock, rather than a ray, but oh well. R.I.P man.

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh my God!! Seriously?! I am so shocked shock Oh no that's awful sad R.I.P.

Edit: I just went onto IMDb because it's like my homepage and it's on there too. I just can't get over it, that's horrible sad

Morning_Glory

Morning_Glory
tsk... I just made a thread...beat me to it... o well

cry RIP Crodile Hunter

Coleman Trebor
Porque

DeVi| D0do
Crikey! Stone the flamin' crows!

Ya know, I think we all joked that someday he'd meet his match with a croc, snake or koala... but I always figured he'd be around forever.

Rest in peace.

ESB -1138
Already the world seems a little darker

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by ESB -1138
God you're so right!

I've vowed that I will take up the word "Crikey!" in a tribute to him and use it whenever I feel necessary. I will use this as an impression, not as an attempt to insult or make fun in any way.

.Dance_Inside.
*sniff*
oh man, I nearly cried this morning when I found out. I'm really upset, thats an awful way to go, I hope he wasn't in a lot of pain sad
R.I.P Steve Irwin
sleep

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
*sniff*
oh man, I nearly cried this morning when I found out. I'm really upset, thats an awful way to go, I hope he wasn't in a lot of pain sad
R.I.P Steve Irwin
sleep I read an article saying he died instantly and probably didnt feel much pain if any ...which is good / but sad sad

Silverstein
sad

Emma718
Originally posted by Britrogue
That's the only good thing I can take from it. That he died doing what he truly loved. A true hero and inspiration to all of us animal lovers!

i agree smile

sccch
Yeah. Here's my memorial video to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwNBBkLU0Qc

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by sccch
Yeah. Here's my memorial video to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwNBBkLU0Qc that was really good happy

Maple Sugar
that is very true sad

sccch
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
that was really good happy
Thank you! I'm REALLY proud of it. It already has an Honor.

JaehSkywalker
it was tragic. it hurts.. ouch... i almost cried.cry

he was one of my fav.documentary guys...*sigh*

we're gonna miss you.

R.I.P Steve, 'Crocodile Hunter' I would never forget you.

stop using'crikey' by the way.it reminds me of the pain... cry

Tooshay
sad my condolences to his family.... so sad... his dauighter was there when he deid sad poor kid!!

papabeard
RIP

ripangel

sccch
Originally posted by Tooshay
sad my condolences to his family.... so sad... his dauighter was there when he deid sad poor kid!!
She wasn't there,Bindi and Bob were with Terri. And Terri had to tell them...

ESB -1138
Death is just another path, one that we all must take. Even in death Steve continues to help the environment he so loved. The Crocodile Hunter will never truly be gone for now he is a legend.

ILoveMyDaniel
Death is just another path, one that we all must take. Even in death Steve continues to help the environment he so loved. The Crocodile Hunter will never truly be gone for now he is a legend.
You half quoted that with Gandalf.......I like it....

Morning_Glory
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/52181/South_Park_Steve_Irwin.html

Steve Irwin on South Park happy

Maple Sugar
tad bit funnier when he was alive..now it seems cruel sad

Morning_Glory
it does? I was afraid when I watched it they were going to make fun of him big time... but they thought he was cool happy

JaehSkywalker
She wasn't there,Bindi and Bob were with Terri. And Terri had to tell them...

oh my... that's terrible... never thought of that.. she had to tell em! gosh...

mate, this is awful...

can't get over it the first two days... erm wahe, now i'm ok...

its still awful though... I'm gonna miss him..

sccch
Yeah,I'm starting to get over the shock...but every now and then I think 'There is NO way that happened...'

ivebeendepped43
wwaah!!!bawlingcrybabycry

ivebeendepped43
me 2. imiss my steve! as u can probably tell. *tear tear*

sccch
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/hazelmay2005/Steve%20Irwin/stevefamily.jpg

Maple Sugar
the world is a sad Sad place now sad

sccch
I don't think it will be the same...

Maple Sugar
never again will it sad the family has decided to have a private funeral

sccch
Yeah,I know. Then a public memorial service a week after that.

JaehSkywalker
sccch, your sig and avvy is driving me nuts...

JaehSkywalker
Yeah,I'm starting to get over the shock...but every now and then I think 'There is NO way that happened...'

yep...

i'll miss his show... can't beleive only stuff i can watch now are reruns... erm

sccch
Is that a bad or a good thing?

Emma718
Animal Planet had a Tribute to Steve Irwin marathon this weekend it was good

Morning_Glory
an aussie kmc friend told me that... in Australia he was considered a joke and a national embarassment blink... I mean how? and that us americans are the only ones who are really missing him the most

ivebeendepped43
how is he an embarassment? he was the second most awesome guy in the world! i loved him to (his) death!

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
how is he an embarassment? he was the second most awesome guy in the world! i loved him to (his) death! 2nd? who was the first...

I dont know who he was an embarassment to be honest... thats just what this aussie girl told me embarrasment shrug

sccch
They said he was an embarrassment because not a lot of Aussies say 'CRIKEY!'

Emma718
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
an aussie kmc friend told me that... in Australia he was considered a joke and a national embarassment blink... I mean how? and that us americans are the only ones who are really missing him the most

i am australian, and i loved the guy. Alot of people i know liked Steve. But i do know some people who couldn't care less what happened and i find that sad sad

sccch
Do you live in Australia?

Emma718
yes i do, i live in Queensland (gold coast)

sccch
I WISH I LIVED IN AUSTRALIA!!!! That is so cool!

Emma718
aw

where about do you live?

sccch
I live near Nashville,Tennessee in the U.S.
It's always been my dream to go to Australia...but it's like an 18 hour plane ride...

Emma718
18 hours wow...

In Aus, it's spring right now..

sccch
It's fall here...

Emma718
total opposite to what we have..lol. It's been raining today

ivebeendepped43
i wish i had animal planet! if i did, i would have watched it in a sec!

sccch
I'm sorry IBD43 that you didn't see it. sad

sccch
It's been nice here. Nice enough to go to the zoo. smile
What time is it there now?

Emma718
smile

it's 10:50am

sccch
It's still the 10th here!!! It's 7:51 P.M.!!!

ivebeendepped43
*tear tear*

JaehSkywalker
Is that a bad or a good thing?

good thing.. sorry for posting so llaattteee,,,

ivebeendepped43
*tear tear*

General G
Alright, I am bringing back an old thread, I just saw another Steve Irwin memorial type show on the Discovery Channel called "Crikey, What an Adventure" and it got me to start thinking of him again and I really miss him, I still can't believe he's gone...even after this long, it didn't hit me as hard when it actually happenned, but it is now for some reason...he was pretty much my hero in pretty much every sense...I would love to get into animal conservation, but I don't know how from Canada, there isn't too many animals like there is in Australia and not as much to do...I would always watch The Crocodile Hunter, it was like my favourite show, I loved animals and I loved the way he would handle them, even when he was being bit, he was calm and collected...I miss him sooooo much sad

Gravitation
I've been watching 'Ocean's Deadlest'...his last adventure....

General G
Originally posted by Gravitation
I've been watching 'Ocean's Deadlest'...his last adventure....

I saw that today, "Crikey, What and Adventure" followed right after that...

Gravitation
I haven't seen 'Crikey, What and Adventure' yet. I'm going to have to when it comes on again.

General G
You should, it was really well done, it started off with a very nice speech from Steve to his team, I thought it could have been longer though...only half an hour...

General G
Come on people, it's Steve Irwin!

Gravitation
Alot of people thought he abused animals. sad
That's why some don't really care...
But next summer I'm going to his zoo! eek!

General G
Alot of people thought he abused animals. sad
That's why some don't really care...
But next summer I'm going to his zoo! eek!

I always wanted to go to his zoo! Some dya I will...

People thought he abused animals?! What's wrong with them? Did they never see him in any of his shows? It was like impossible for him to abuse any animal, even when they were biting him, he was calm and collected and didn't try to force it off!

Gravitation
They think he FORCED the animals to do those things.

General G
They think he FORCED the animals to do those things.

blink How do you force the animals to do things they did? They acted naturally...

Gravitation
I know! People just don't understand.
But,a few years ago I held a wild Copper Head snake...it's was just SOOO weird. I knew it was poisonous,but I just HAD to do it. And my dad was ok with it. Oo

General G
That's awesome, I haven't really been near any poisonious snakes. Although, I know he didn't do much them, but it was still a dangerous animal, about a year ago, I was able to go into a cage with a full grown Siberian Tiger and actually pet it and stand with it, it was such a great feeling! Best moment of my life.

Gravitation
It's great to touch and work with wild animals. I'm going to do what Steve did!

guy222
Originally posted by Fawne
sadly true

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2006/09/03/irwin2.jpg

he was killed by a sting ray. he was filming a documentry

sad

He's with the angels. A place we all go

General G
It's great to touch and work with wild animals. I'm going to do what Steve did!

That would be awesome, but it is a little out of reach where I live sad I love animals and I am sure I will somehow work with them when I am older one way or another.

Originally posted by guy222
He's with the angels. A place we all go

angel

General G
BUMP!

General G
I'm just going to continue bumping this thread until you people actually find it in you to talk about this amazing man.

Gravitation
O-M-G!! I got in an argument with 2 of my friends at school because they thought he was crazy!

General G
How did they think he was crazy!

Gravitation
They were saying things like, 'He worked with wild animals,ON TV!! He was crazy!"

Me and my other friend started arguing against them.Saying things like 'He risked his life everyday just to teach us..."

General G
He was trying to show us that yeah, they are dangerous, but don't be scared of them, respect them and appreciate them for how dangerous they are. He was showing that first hand instead of most people who will say it but given the opportunity will back out. he was teaching everybody.

Your friends are weird blink

Gravitation
Yes,they are...they are...

General G
You should talk some sense into them wink

Gravitation
Tried. Doesn't work. no expression

General G
Then Show them

Gravitation
Tried...they think I'm an idiot. no expression

General G
Far from it

Gravitation
thanks! big grin

General G
big grin thumb up

speiderman
I really liked the Steve Irwin show. I thought he made nature interesting for everyone to enjoy.

General G
He really did, he is the one that got me interested in animals and everything that involves nature, I would always watch his show

Gravitation
Same here.

General G
I saw a show on T.V. today, it was a live comedy show and somebody was doing an impression of Steve Irwin, I swear, EVERYBODY was yelling in unison "TOO SOON, TOO SOON!"

Gravitation
It is too soon to do ANY type of impression of him.

General G
Definately

G U I T A R
I met steve in Australia at one of his shows when I was touring over there, he was a true genious when it came to animals, he was a lagacy and will never be forgotten. Hisd daughter is awesome, ive watched one of her shows and she is amazingly smart and loves to be infront of alot of people, everyone should try checking out her show if you ever get the chance.

General G
I would have loved to meet Steve Irwin, that would have been amazing.

I didn't know she had a show blink

What is it called/what time/what channel?

G U I T A R
I forget what its called theres alot of show times and its not on a channel you gatta see it in real life over in australia.

General G
Well, if you have to see it in Australia...there goes my chances of seeing it sad

Gravitation
Bindi will have a show,AND she has her own band. Steve was doing a documentary for her show,when he died.

JaehSkywalker
I miss steve.. >.<

General G
Bindi will have a show,AND she has her own band. Steve was doing a documentary for her show,when he died.

I will definately be watching that show, she showed a lot of enthusiasm for animals

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
I miss steve.. >.<

Don't we all sad

Gravitation
LOL! Look what I found.

pa_7P5AbUww

General G
LMAO!! I love it! laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.