What I like best about...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
This thread is gonna be nothing to do with arguments, its gonna encourage to chat about what we like about other religions.

So, this thread is gonna be all about what you like about religion OTHER than your own.

If you're not religious, then you say what aspects you like about other religions.

If you cannot say anything nice about anybody else's religion, then please don't post.

Posting to make an argument will be taken as a purposefully trolling, and perpetrators will be warned.

Ok, lets start...

What I like best about Hindusim, is the acceptance of all religions as valid.

What I like best about Judaism is the intense sense of community created between the followers of Judaism.

What I like best about Christianity is the idea of ''turn the other cheek''.

What I like best about Islam is people's amazing devotion to the Devine.

What I like best about Ancient Greek religion is that the God's had real humans characteristics and emotions. They were fallable.

Please continue...

Regret
What I like best about Taoism is the simplicity it encourages.

Himo
What I like about Gnostics is their seperation of the OT God, and NT God.

Alliance
What I like best about Deism is their pragmatism.

What I like best about Atheism is their openesss to all philosophies of life.

What I like best about Greek and Roman Classicism (besides the humanity of the gods) is the artistic and intellectual value of the myths themselves

Regret
What I like about Buddhism is their method of personal growth through introspective analysis of the self.

debbiejo
What I like about Spiritualism is it encourages you to connect with all things around you. Encourages thought in the unknown.

FeceMan
What I like about buddhism is that it encourages a way to live that is both peaceful and compatible with other religions.

What I like about Islam is that Allah is very similar to Yahweh.

Regret
What I like about agnostics is their ability to almost always admit when they don't know.

lil bitchiness
What I like about Baha'i is its inclusion of Islam and Christianity and making a religion of Jesus and Allah.

Grimm22
Its too bad people always look at relgions through the extremists.

Like crazy catholics and islamic radicalists who kill people's sisters for masturbating

Lord Urizen
What I like about Buddhism is it's ultamate respect for life, and philosophy of unconditional love.

IMO, what I do like about Christianity is the "turn the other cheek" concept, and the "love thy neighbor" part. I wish those two quotes were emphasized more often.

What I like about Hinduism is Kali the Goddess of Death and Destruction, she is a cool mythological character, and thier belief in Karma based- reincarnation. Hinduism happens to be one of the more creative and open minded religions, i think.

lil bitchiness
What I like best about certain branches of Hinduism, is their celebration of religions similarities, rather than its differances.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What I like best about certain branches of Hinduism, is their celebration of religions similarities, rather than its differances.

It's always good to recognize what we have in common.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Regret
What I like about agnostics is their ability to almost always admit when they don't know. Agreed.

Imperial_Samura
I'll start of with...

What I like about Hinduism is its accepting nature towards religion and philosophy as a whole, as well as the vibrancy and life in its very nature. And of course Ganesh, whose story and purpose appeals.

What I like about Christianity is, when it works, the concept of community, compassion and mercy.

What I like about the "pagan" religions is once again the vibrancy and humanity bound in them, as well as the narrative wonders inherent in the mythology.

What I like about Agnosticism is the feel and acceptance of limits of knowledge, yet without necessarily giving up the desire to continue searching.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I'll start of with...

What I like about Hinduism is its accepting nature towards religion and philosophy as a whole, as well as the vibrancy and life in its very nature. And of course Ganesh, whose story and purpose appeals.

What I like about Christianity is, when it works, the concept of community, compassion and mercy.

What I like about the "pagan" religions is once again the vibrancy and humanity bound in them, as well as the narrative wonders inherent in the mythology.

What I like about Agnosticism is the feel and acceptance of limits of knowledge, yet without necessarily giving up the desire to continue searching.

thumb up Very nice. Especially the summary on the 'pagan' religions. I love the idea of mythology, and I love how God's had characters of a human.

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
It's always good to recognize what we have in common.

We have in common more than you think, regading religions.
I just tend to speak out for certain things I feel strongly about. Sometimes in an agressive manner, I am not necesseraly proud of.

debbiejo
I feel Buddhism is much close to what I think, the Tao, don't really know much about that...........Muslims, well I live in the highest concentration of them in the US.....they seem to keep to themselves or call themselves Catholic.........Pagans........I find them interesting because they love to celebrate EVERYTHING. Wiccans, I like them because they are nature connected..........I do have to say I like Catholics more than Protestants......Protestants are bent on evangelizing and recruiting though Catholics build many hospitals asking nothing in return...They also don't teach this soon to come rapture and hurry and hurry to save all your loved ones.........Though in following the popular religions of today, they are all based in the old ways, only the names have been changed..........What I like about the Native Americans, is that they really respect nature................

Can you tell I am a nature person.................Yep, I even love the trees and flowers............LOL

I like Agnostics because they seem to have somewhat an open mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.