USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- The Dojo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
"This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules, rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken."

Welcome to the official Dojo thread for the reborn Matrix game, starting in 2006.

This place has three functions:

1. A fun place for people to come and fight each other, just for the sport of it

2. A testing area for players to practice using their skills

3. A training area- so that players that go on Assignment actually know how to fight and what to do when a combat starts- to have the aire of trained soliders, not raw novices- even the Naturals are trained.

The Dojo is a flexzible, player friendly area. As it starts, the Dojo has the appearance of the Dojo from the first Matrix film- only larger, large enough to handle large amounts of players.

However, if requested, the appearance of the Dojo can be shifted to simulate any environment you wish- sewers, city streets, rooftop, Mustafar lava battle etc.

Anyone can challenge anyone to a fight, or join in a fight halfway. Only one rule- you may not fight anyone who does not wish to fight you; I will enforce this. All fights are by co-operation and agreement only, you cannot spoil someone else's fun.

If you so wish, the Dojo will simulate enemies for you to fight. However, the only named characters you can fight here are other Humans also using the Dojo.. The Dojo can only simulate mundane enemies- Mooks. Experience against Exiles and Agents can only be got within the Matrix itself.

If people want, I can have other Rebels from Zion come and act as opponents or allies for you. They are people too, though, so treat them as such- they have their own lives, and are good at their own things. They will be made-up, not people from the films, so don't worry about Neo breezing by.

So, if anyone wants to orgamise a fight... go ahead!

Aliies
I would just like to have a try at basic hand-to-hand as my character was made to specialize in it; may I request a mook battle starting off with one opponent and then progressing as I get the hang of it?

Ushgarak
One mook? Won't take you long. What type?

Trickster
I'd also like to kill some mooks in hand-to-hand. Security guards, with night sticks.

The simulation being that of a square grey room with another square of pillars. Perhaps four guards?

Ushgarak
And you armed with?

Trickster
Nothing. I want to see how often I can count on the bonus from Clever Fox.

I now realise that perhaps it would have been better to take a back-up power for a melee weapon of some sort. Ah well.

Ushgarak
Then I need your starting load-out!

Trickster
For this scenario, I'll take all the freebies.

And just for fun, I'll take a pair of Glock 18s (Light Machine Pistols) and a brace of knives.

(In case, say, when I finish these guys, some better armed mooks arrive)

Ushgarak
Freebies?

Himo
Could I beef up on gun skills? i'm talking simple securities gaurds with 9mm's against me with a shotgun. About 7 mooks. Would that be okay?

Trickster
Like sunglasses and stuff.

I just realised that maybe I'm getting my games mixed up.

The weapons'll do.

Ushgarak
That's fine, Himo...

... but from anyone, I need to know what Paths you want loaded in your cache when you start!

Himo
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's fine, Himo...

... but from anyone, I need to know what Paths you want loaeed in your cache when you start!

Lightning Reload
Straight Shooter
Eagle Eye
1000 Bullets

And could the environment be a Italian restaurant with fish tanks? smile

Trickster
Okay:

Clever Fox
King On The Water
Brilliant Scales (the extra pool)
Hands of Light
Healthy Tiger

Is it pointless taking Brilliant Scales with Hands of Light and Healthy Tiger, since they effectively do the same thing? I mean, they aren't cumulative.

If that's the case, I'll take Walking Willow instead of BS.

(Maybe I should rethink having BS at all)

Ushgarak
Indeed you could not use all three at once. How do you want it to be?

Himo, your character is up.

Trickster
I'll drop Brilliant Scales for Walking Willow, and also lose one of the pistols so I can use it.

Himo
Indeed you could not use all three at once. How do you want it to be?

Himo, your character is up.

Thanks.

Ushgarak
And hence I think you will see you can have one more power loaded, Himo!

-

Ok, Azrael! Initiative is yours for this turn.

Incidentally, all card draws in the Dojo count for everyone, even in separate fights!

Ok, the letters displayed after your name are your Downloads. Those in bold are in your cache, those in italics are tapped, and those underlined are Auxiliary.

Gun numbers are (ammo left/clips left)

The number in brackets are (MA pool/Guns pool/Taken damage). If you don't have one of the pools I don't bother listing it. It is your base pool, before powers.

The number after the guards is the accumulated successes. Three successes kill a standard Mook.

-----

Azrael (9/7/0): CF KW LA BS HL HT DiM HC AL WW BB StS
Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x4: 0

-----

Off you go! No point putting WW in, it is Auxiliary.

Himo
And hence I think you will see you can have one more power loaded, Himo!

-

Ok, Azrael! Initiative is yours for this turn.

Incidentally, all card draws in the Dojo count for everyone, even in separate fights!

Ok, the letters displayed after your name are your Downloads. Those in bold are in your cache, those in italics are tapped, and those underlined are Auxiliary.

Gun numbers are (ammo left/clips left)

The number in brackets are (MA pool/Guns pool/Taken damage). If you don't have one of the pools I don't bother listing it. It is your base pool, before powers.

The number after the guards is the accumulated successes. Three successes kill a standard Mook.

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-----

Off you go! No point putting WW in, it is Auxiliary.

I'll take DM then.

Ushgarak
Then your situation is:

Balder (7/9/0): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B
Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (8/4)

Security Guard x7: 0

Your move!

Himo
Then your situation is:

Balder (7/9/0): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B

Security Guard x7: 0

Your move!

I'll run for cover and use straight shooter on the nearest Security Guard.

Ushgarak
Best cover you can get is a table, which probably ain't going to last long!

Straight Shooter does damage, which isn;t much use agaisnt Mooks against whom you want successes. In any case, no need to nominate when you are using powers, only if you are not. Unless you are tapping them, of course.

Shotgun gives you 11 dice against Mooks. You roll your three sucesses with ease; one of them goes down.

In order to give the others a chance, I shall combine their fire into two attack rolls, both at +2 pool.

(This kind of grouping mechanism is a rule but not yet finished. Twinned Swords bugger up Mooks trying to do it).

Their pool is 3, +2 for the grouping makes that 5. Then your intelligent manoeuvres, as given by Defensive Master, takes three off of their pool; the table is worth another 1 point. That gives two rolls of one die each against you!

Still, one of them is a 5, and hence a hit. That inflicts a whole two points of damage against you

Card draw is 7H, nothing special...

-----

Balder (7/9/2): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B

Security Guard x6: 0

-

Azrael (9/7/0): CF KW LA BS HL HT DiM HC AL WW BB StS ONE TURN BEHIND
Glock 19 (3/0)

Himo
Best cover you can get is a table, which probably ain't going to last long!

Straight Shooter does damage, which isn;t much use agaisnt Mooks against whom you want successes. In any case, no need to nominate when you are using powers, only if you are not. Unless you are tapping them, of course.

Shotgun gives you 11 dice against Mooks. You roll your three sucesses with ease; one of them goes down.

In orfer to give the others a chance, I shall combine their fire into two attack rolls, both at +2 pool.

(This kind of grouping mechanism is a rule but not yet finished. Twinned Swords bugger up Mooks trying to do it).

Their pool is 3, +2 for the grouping makes that 5. Then your intelligent manoeuvres, as given by Defensive Master, takes three off of their pool; the table is worth another 1 point. That gives two rolls of one die each against you!

Still, one of them is a 5, and hence a hit. That inflicts a whole two points of damage against you

Card draw is 7H, nothing special...

-----

Balder (7/9/2): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B

Security Guard x6: 0

-

Glock 19 (3/0)

Hmmm. If I can, I'll run another table and again attack the nearest mook.

Lana
Just making it known that I'd like a fight, preferably against another player, though I'll go nuts on a bunch of mooks if need be...

Himo
Originally posted by Lana
Just making it known that I'd like a fight, preferably against another player, though I'll go nuts on a bunch of mooks if need be...

I'll fight you once I'm done with the mooks.

Trickster
I'll run at the nearest guard, and attempt to hit him in the chest.

Edit - So will I, Lana.

Himo
Would it be possible just to have all three of us duke it out against each other once me and Trick are done?

Bespin Bart
I accept the challenge, San. wink

Lana
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
I accept the challenge, San. wink

Sounds good to me stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
So it's a date? flirt

Ushgarak
Ok, Balder, you switch tables, though they won't last forever! Bullets whiz past you, smashing open the tanks behind... you blow away another Mook with ease; you take another two damage in return.

You fight yours grouped as well, Azrael. Your final pool is 13; it is hard to NOT kill one. You block his clumsy attack and your chest blows drives him backwards into a wall. The others are left with just one die to attack you with. A four is a miss; you easily whirl around their attack.

Himo, just so you know, they are going first next time. Card is 8H; nothing.

-----

Balder (7/9/4): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B
Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (6/4)

Security Guard x5: 0

-

Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x3 0

Lana
So it's a date? flirt

More like "I'm going to kick the crap out of you" happy

Okay, Ush, San vs. Mors!

Bespin Bart
So...Date of Doom? shock

SpikeSpiegel
Actually, it might be a good idea to get myself familerised with the system before I end up having to fight someone from the shez...or worse.

Could I start off fighting a random named character, mooks are too easy to beat, I want a challenge.

Trickster
I'll use Clever Fox, then, to grab the nightstick of the next guard and swing him into another guard.

Then, since I'm a turn behind, I'll attack the remaining guard. A high kick, to the chest.

Himo
Ok, Balder, you switch tables, though they won't last forever! Bullets whiz past you, smashing open the tanks behind... you blow away another Mook with ease; you take another two damage in return.

You fight yours grouped as well, Azrael. Your final pool is 13; it is hard to NOT kill one. You block his clumsy attack and your chest blows drives him backwards into a wall. The others are left with just one die to attack you with. A four is a miss; you easily whirl around their attack.

Himo, just so you know, they are going first next time. Card is 8H; nothing.

-----

Balder (7/9/4): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B
Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (6/4)

Security Guard x5: 0

-

Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x3 0

I'll hold then, and then attack.

Ushgarak
Not your lucky day, Balder. Another single 6 from one of the guards does you another two damage! Beforer you blow him away...

It takes all 12 of your dice, Azrael, so the guard struggles hard, but you take down your first opponent, easily avoid all counter attacks and smash down the next one too!

Card is 5H.

-----

Balder (7/9/6): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B
Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (5/4)

-

Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x3 0

-----

Cloud, what sort of foe do you want?

And San/Mors, what kind of set-up?

Himo
Not your lucky day, Balder. Another single 6 from one of the guards does you another two damage! Beforer you blow him away...

It takes all 12 of your dice, Azrael, so the guard struggles hard, but you take down your first opponent, easily avoid all counter attacks and smash down the next one too!

Card is 5H.

-----

Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (5/4)

-

Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x3 0

-----

Cloud, what sort of foe do you want?

And San/Mors, what kind of set-up?

I'll attack the next guard adn then tap lightning reload for my extra attack.

Lana
BB says he wants the fight to be in Melitus' factory, I say that's fine.

Bespin Bart
The Mors/San fight will take place inside Mel's factory.

I'm assuming San's loadout will be her knife/knives.

Mors will be loaded out with his katana and four Extended Glock 19s.

Ushgarak
Ok, San/Mors, starting cache?

Bespin Bart
MA: CF, LA, SS, JE

G: EE

Lana
PW, BS, ST, IB

And I'll be using two knives.

Himo
This is going to be great. The two Leaders duking it out. Kinda of a prequel, heh?

Bespin Bart
Indeed.

Btw, advice to you, Balder: bring Storm Turtle into your cache and swap out...well, something. You're less likely to be hit by gunshots.

Himo
Indeed.

Btw, advice to you, Balder: bring Storm Turtle into your cache and swap out...well, something. You're less likely to be hit by gunshots.

Ya, That's good. You expecting to use swords?

Could I do that in this turn, or would that be for next turn Ush?

Bespin Bart
San uses knives, Mors uses a katana. Steel on steel, either way.

Ushgarak
Two dead with your amazing reload, Balder! Card is Ace of Clubs... nothing!

San and Mors... off you go!

-----

Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (7/3)

Security Guard x2: 0

-

Glock 19 (3/0) ONE TURN BEHIND

Security Guard x3 0

-

San (11/0) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives FOUR TURNS BEHIND

Mors (7/6/0) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE
Katana, Glock 19s (6/6/6/6) FOUR TURNS BEHIND

-----

Ushgarak
Unless Balder plans to tap it, Storm Turtle is of no greater use to him than what he is currently doing.

Himo
I'll go for new cover and unload on the nearest guard.

EDIT:

I'll swap ST for eagle eye and tap it.

Bespin Bart
"So it begins..." Mors says, drawing one of the Glock 19s. He steps out from behind one of the machines and opens fire on San.

(Who goes first?)

Ushgarak
Effectively it is simultaneous, but if need be at some point I will make rolls.

Lana
(heh, okie)

"Good luck, you'll need it..." San says, drawing her knives and making a double-attack at Mors.

Ushgarak
Well, frankly, Balder, you've won that fight! The last couple fall easily.

Mors gets his shots in first. His pool of 6 goes up to 9 with Burst Fire, and then back down to 5 with San's defence.

Mors rolls one success, but that's not good enough against San's Natural Order. She's just too damn fast and twisty as she moves in!

San makes two cutting attacks, pooled up with Brilliant Scales and down from Mors' Clever Fox. Leaves San with 11 dice...

She scores five successes and one success. She scores a bonus on her first attack, nut she can;t use it as Iron Butterfly is the only viable power to use it with and she declined to Tap it, which seems odd.

Still, a total of six damage to Mors! She's got bite, that girl...

-----

Security Guard x2: 0

-

Security Guard x3 0

-

San (11/0) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives THREE TURNS BEHIND

Mors (7/6/6) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE
Katana, Glock 19s (5/6/6/6) THREE TURNS BEHIND

-----

Bespin Bart
(SS can be used with Guns...right?)

Mors, used to his fights starting off nasty, pivots around to fire again.

Ushgarak
Ah no, only Gun powers can be used with Guns.

Lana
Damnit....

San will tap IB this time around, to make three fast attacks on Mors.

Ushgarak
Another single success from Mors is again inadequate against Natural Order!

Now San goes a bit mental! She scores three successes, five successes and four successes. No bonus this time, but her flurry has inflicted 12 damage!

-----

-

Security Guard x3 0

-

San (11/0) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB 1
Knives TWO TURNS BEHIND

Mors (7/6/18) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE
Katana, Glock 19s (4/6/6/6) TWO TURNS BEHIND

-----

Himo
Since i'm done with my fight, I am willing face anyone who wants to have a go.

Bespin Bart
Mors decides to change tactic. He tosses down the Glock 19 and unsheaths his katana.

He swaps EE out of his cache for SE.

Mors makes an overhead swipe at San, aiming to slice her from shoulder to hip.

Lana
San will swap out ST for CF, and again do two attacks on Mors with her knives.

Aliies
I'll go for a four-mook fight to start...

Cache is:
ST HL DiM CF

Weapons: Barehanded

Coleman Trebor
Originally posted by Himo
Since i'm done with my fight, I am willing face anyone who wants to have a go.

Ill fight you, though, Im not used to thsi stle of fighting at all really, lol.

I'll do my best.

Ushgarak
Your change comes next turn, San, as only Veterans can change mid-turn; others wait until the end.

However, Passive Wings is working for this turn anyway! This gives Mors six dice to play with. He scores one success, that is six damage!

San rolls three successes and then just one, so four damage from her... now the fith is joined in earnest!

-----

Security Guard x3 0

-

San (11/6) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB 1
Knives ONE TURN BEHIND

Mors (7/6/22) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE
Katana, Glock 19s (4/6/6/6) ONE TURN BEHIND

-----

More from me tomorrow, folks!

Aliies
aww sad i wanted to punch something...

General Kaliero
I'll take someone on...

Cache:
ST BS SP PM and BGB LR

Weapons:
Twinned swords, twinned Glock 19's, ammo clips

Bespin Bart
Mors thrusts his katana towards San's midrift.

"Hai!

Tapping Sharpened Scales.

General Zink
Hawk, I'll give you a fight. wink

Lana
Going to tap Clever Fox in response...

And attack, tapping IB again for three attacks.

General Kaliero
Bring it on, Hephalump. stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Just any named Fighter, someone with a weapon if that's OK. Or a supermook if they're similar in strength to a named character.

If that's OK, I'll start with the loadout of:
CF SS HL HT VG JE
with no weapon equiped, but with a katana and a wakizashi sheathed.

Ushgarak
Ok, where are we?

Mors launches his tapped attack! Clever Fox is tapped against it Mors will have to do well here... well, he rolls four successes with the help of SS, which is pretty good, but directly countered by Foxy!

San taps again on her Butterflies of doom. OW! She rolls 5, 4 and 6, and the last has a Bonus which is used to reduce the taps on IB by one... nasty... 15 damage in all!

Flying Hawkman vs. Giant Heffalump, what's the plan? Scenario, gear, starting cache? Likewise Balder and Falcon?

-----

Security Guard x3: 0

-

San (11/6) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB 1
Knives

Mors (7/6/37) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE
Katana, Glock 19s (4/6/6/6)

-

Firewall (7/6/0) ST KW LA AL HC HT DiM HL CF SS StS LR

Security Guards x4: 0

-

Cloud (9/0) CF ST LA SS HL HT VG JE SP PM PW HC
Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Firewall, you are due one extra in your cache.

And Cloud, you'll have to take one less I am afraid. Only Natural All-Rounders get six.

-----

Ariadne's Comments:

Well, it seems San is getting the better of Mors there. Still, a Fighter takes on an All-Rounder, that's always going to be the way. And lacking either high stats or a specialism, Veteran and Natural All-Rounders are always going to look very low on pool compared to Hacker Fighters!

Just to make it worse, San is onto a good thing with those Knives. They are less hot against Armoured opponents and parrys. But if she can generate high successes, then even through Life's Armour she can generate a whole lot of damage a turn making theree attacks, and a Hacker Fighter will always have high pool. Just to make it worse, with high pool she is more likely to roll those triple 6s which allow her to get the third attack with Iron Butterfly another time...

Still, it's not all bad for Mors. His lower pool is also a result of prioritising Toughness, but that does mean that whilst he is losing right now, he is not about to go out. If he had not prioritised Toughness, he would be able to take a full thirty points less than he now can, and he'd be about to lose the match.

San might have seemed to meet effortlessly Mors' Scales tap with her Fox tap. And yes, Fox is entirely designed to annoy those with melee weapons. But Mors can win a tap fight. Come the refresh, Mors is untapping three powers to San's one. Mors should certainly keep up the tap pressure; if San tries to tap at his rate, she'll lose. This is how Hackers fight- they are generally better, but they can't match others on tap use.

Clever Fox is gone now for some time. Unluckily for Mors (especially as a Veteran, who normally have the Mentals to beat this), San has an alternate defence with Passive Wings. But to get Fox back she will have to swap it out, wait until Refresh, and then swap it back again, and unlike Mors she can't swap it back in immediately; she would have to wait until the end of a turn. With San lacking her Fox Parry, now is a good time for Mors to go on the offensive.

It'll be surprising if Mors can pull back the lead San has opened, but this needn't be a one-sded fight.

SpikeSpiegel
OK, I'll drop the JE for now, swap that in when I need it.

Trickster
Azrael will tap HT, blocking a guard's strike and then slamming the heel of his hand into the man's chin.

Next turn:
Spinning to the next (and last?) he'll drop low for a spinning kick.

Aliies
Ush, I hate to sound Like a newbie but how many attacks can I make to start with? not tapping or any use of powers, just me fists..

And for my last addition to my Cache as you said, I'll take King on the Water

Bespin Bart
(I just need to get some hits in...)

Mors will swap SS out for BS, attacking San with a spinning slash at the thighs.

dale007
I'm ready to fight someone
Weapons: Twin Swords

Lana
I also have all those fun auxiliary powers that are coming oh-so-handy in keeping Mors from hitting...but I'm confused. You said I have to swap CF out to refresh it? I thought I (being a hacker) could only refresh stuff in my cache.

San will again make three very fast attacks, tapping IB.

If I've got to swap out CF to make it refresh, I'll do so and swap it for HL. If not, I'll leave it be.

Ushgarak
(giggles at Lana's confusion)

Lana
Shut up.

No making fun of me because I make stupid mistakes while posting right after having just woken up.

Trickster
(makes fun of Lana)

You gotta know by now that that's just gunna make it worse... stick out tongue

Himo
Originally posted by Coleman Trebor
Ill fight you, though, Im not used to thsi stle of fighting at all really, lol.

I'll do my best.

I'll bite.

I'll take another shotgun and powers:

EE
LR
1000B
SS

John!attheDisco
Originally posted by dale007
I'm ready to fight someone
Weapons: Twin Swords

I'll take you on. And unless you've got a problem, or it's impossible, I want it to take place on top of moving ferris wheel gondolas.

Anyways, starting cache...
KW
VG
LR
BT
10000 B
SS

And weapon...

Uzi

Ushgarak
Ok, let's see where we are...

Azrael, that HT tap hits that guard hard enough to BREAK the damn Dojo wall! Doesn't take you long to finish off from there!

Aliies, it is one attack per turn.

Not actually finished Dale's character yet! Will get there soon.

Mors gets a highly triumphant four successes! That is nine damage to San, as he finally powers home! Of course, San is going mental again; let's see how this goes.

San scores 5, 5 and 3, for thirteen damage... but also one Bonus, to lower the Butterfly tap...

Card is 4H!

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/15) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB 1
Knives

Mors (7/6/50) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

-

Sword
Twin Swords

CF SS HL HT VG

-----

John!attheDisco
Not actually finished Dale's character yet! Will get there soon.

K.

Ushgarak
I'll have a foe for you tomorrow, Cloud.

Bespin Bart
Mors will bring his sword down on San again with another spinning strike.

Brilliant Scales tapped, Clever Fox tapped.

Lana
Damn, that's nasty.

Going to tap IB again for three attacks, and then swap out CF for HL.

General Zink
I am proposing that the fight take place on a series of wooden poles above the ocean.

Heph will be outfitted with nunchaku.

General Kaliero
laughing Wooden poles? Why not just two? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Mors socres five successes on his BS tap! That is ten damage.

San rolls 5, 4 and 4. She gets the triple six to get IB back, but the final result of all that through Mors' Clever Fox is... one damage! In a burst of Bullet Time-like effects which Mors can feel free to describe, he seriously gets the better of things this round!

Card is... Joker! Refresh!

Mors, choose with of CF or BS you want untapped.

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/25) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives

Mors (7/6/51) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

-

Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Bespin Bart
(Oh, I'm sure Rex will give it a nice description in the Mors rewrite, hehehe...)

Mors will refresh Brilliant Scales, then will swap Clever Fox for KW.

Then, Mors follows up his attack by tapping both Brilliant Scales and Jade Emperor.

(Does the Staggering effect only kick in if JE is tapped?)

Ushgarak
Err, no; Bonus effects are independant of tapping.

Bespin Bart
Ah, sorry, read the thing on bonuses, I got it...

Lana
...whyyyyy did it have to refresh right then? Hmph...

Tapping WW...and San will temporarily put away her knives and tap HL to attack.

Then swap HL for CF.

Aliies
Ok then Ush big grin

Firewall makes the first move, lunging forward with his favored right fist towards the chest of his closest foe...

Ushgarak
Ok, flurry of stuff!

Mors is down to two dice on his attack. He rolls a 2 and a 4, for nothing. Good use of the Willow there from San, who bends out of the way of the vicious sword blows...

But the BS tap gives a six back and a hit! Eight damage to San!

San strikes back with an 18 die Hands of Light attack. That is some attack! Still, it only amounts to five successes and no bonus. Mors takes another 5.

Firewall, your first ever attack roll socres five successes on seven dice. Keep that up and you will never lose. Your first foe is defeated in whatever flashy method you choose. Attacks back on you go nowhere!

Card is 3H.

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/33) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives

Mors (7/6/56) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

Security Guards x3: 0

-

Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Aliies
Firewall taps Dim-Mak and follows through with another strike on the next foe with a mighty roar.

Bespin Bart
Mors will swap Brilliant Scales for Sharpened Scales, then swing in with another attack with his katana.

He will also tap Healing Chi.

Lana
Oh, so that's how you're going to be...

San will tap IB for three knife attacks.

Ushgarak
Mors is up to seven dice now. Three successes is a hit! Seven damage. Sorry this is not clear, but Healing takes an action.

San goes back to mad-o-tap. well, she has had better rolls, but 3, 3 and 4 is still another ten damage to Mors!

Not worth tapping Dim Mak on a doomed foe, Firewall! Your foe is dropped with ease.

5H

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/40) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB 1
Knives

Mors (7/6/66) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

Security Guards x2: 0

-

Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Bespin Bart
Hmm...is Mors able to drop all his guns to reduce encumberance?

Ushgarak
Yes.

Aliies
His attack shattered the simulation's ribcage, the image buzzed and faded leaving only the two remaining programs who still held their ground. From the sheer momentum of his last strike, the giant went head over heels into an axe kick down upon his next foe's shoulder.

Bespin Bart
Will that take an action? Could Mors perform something else while in the act of dropping the guns?

Ushgarak
Yes, it is free to drop them, though one wonders why you would..

Bespin Bart
What's the machinery like in Mel's factory?

Ushgarak
Loud and noisy and brutal!

Bespin Bart
Mors will drop all his Glock 19s (stupid to take them, I think) and hop up on a piece of the machinery.

Lana
San will roll her eyes and also hop up onto a piece of machinery...and then attack (not tapping IB this time).

(we can move and attack in one turn, correct?)

Ushgarak
Both of you head up onto the Machines, though San's jump is much better, both from higher pool for it, and Abundant Leaping.

I am sure Mors will want to make an attack too.

Bespin Bart
*also has Abundant Leaping, though is beat by pool*

Mors will swing his katana at San as he soars through the air.

Ushgarak
Well, you would have AL if you were not over-encumbered.

Twp successes from Mors is five damage on San...

San gets five successes and twp successes, for seven damage in return, and a Bonus...

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/45) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives

Mors (7/6/73) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

-

Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Ooooh, and now that fight is nearly done...

Lana
San will tap IB for three attacks, in an attempt to finish up the fight.

Bespin Bart
Mors will tap Healing Chi, and tap KW.

Ushgarak
Oooooh, that makes initiative important... let's see! Lana rolls 1, Mors 4, Mors wins! 10 damage removed.

6H

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/45) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives

Mors (7/6/63) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

-

Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Lana
Hehe...I actually have Mors right where I want him now.

San will be tapping IB for three attacks, and tapping BS as well.

Then swap BS for VG.

Bespin Bart
(I could let it go, but you removed 20 ninja )

Mors will attack with his katana again, tapping Sharpened Scales.

(Come ooooooooooon refresh)

Ushgarak
Ok, here goes...

Gah, two successes from Mors doesn't cut it... so to speak... five damage.

San's counter-attacks give her 8, 6 and 5 successes... and that rather does it.

Card was Ace of Spades, so no help was coming. Enough, Mors! San has been known to lose her temper whilst training...

-----

Glock 19 (3/0)

-

San (11/50) PW CF ST BS HC AL WW SC NO NO HL VG IB
Knives

Mors (7/6/82) CF KW ST LA SS BS SE HC AL JE CC EE

-

-

Sword
Twin Swords

-----

Bespin Bart
"I'm certainly impressed," Mors says, getting back up and sheathing the katana. "Captain Marduk did well to keep you as First Officer."

Vera21
Melis will challenge San to a fight on the landing platform where the Mustafar duel began. ninja

Lana
"I'm certainly impressed," Mors says, getting back up and sheathing the katana. "Captain Marduk did well to keep you as First Officer."

"Why thank you. And it got to be quite a close fight there." San replied.

Originally posted by Vera21
Melis will challenge San to a fight on the landing platform where the Mustafar duel began. ninja

Teehee...Ush, you should have realized that putting that location as an example in the first post would mean I'd want to fight there...

(in other words, San accepts the challenge)

Ushgarak
Well, in the last version it was 'Geonosis Droid Factory'. I just updated the reference.

Lana
Meh, fight on Mustafar is more amusing than Geonosis...to me, anyway.

Ushgarak
Well, rumours are spreading quickly of the hot upcoming girl vs. girl fight in Zion... though possibly that's because Sequel is distributing a newsletter about it...

Tptmanno1
Ok, Me, Ares, and Klez wanna do something...
Can we pull a time limited thing? With a large number of mooks and wins only by number of mooks killed.

Vera21
Well, rumours are spreading quickly of the hot upcoming girl vs. girl fight in Zion... though possibly that's because Sequel is distributing a newsletter about it...

The publicity is most likely from the male population of Zion, as well as the entire crew of the Shez. ermm

Melis will be equipped with two knives and her intricately-carved bo staff. She's wearing an outfit like the descriptions of Medea, but green and with a more scaley reptilian look to it. Not to mention the gunmetal gray sunglasses.

Lana
The publicity is most likely from the male population of Zion, as well as the entire crew of the Shez. ermm

Melis will be equipped with two knives and her intricately-carved bo staff. She's wearing an outfit like the descriptions of Medea, but green and with a more scaley reptilian look to it. Not to mention the gunmetal gray sunglasses.

Really, though, who wouldn't pass up a chance to see us fight? stick out tongue laughing out loud

San will have her two knives...starting cache will be PW, CF, BS, and IB.

Tptmanno1
Yay! Girl on girl lava action...

Ushgarak
Oddly, that's exactly what Sequel's pamphlet says...

Tptmanno1
There's one thing I never got.
If they are that close to lava, why didn't their clothes disintegrate from the heat...

Lana
Oh for ****'s sake...roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Aliies
Originally posted by Aliies
His attack shattered the simulation's ribcage, the image buzzed and faded leaving only the two remaining programs who still held their ground. From the sheer momentum of his last strike, the giant went head over heels into an axe kick down upon his next foe's shoulder.

Ush, ya missed me third attack stick out tongue big grin

Tptmanno1
Oh for ****'s sake...roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue
Hey its a valid physics related question.

Vera21
He's got a point. whistle

Melis' starting cache: Defensive Master, Sharpened Scales, Hands of Light, Healthy Tiger.

Aliies
"Hu teaches us that if you drop a rock to the ground, it will fall... but what you must always consider the possibility that you never know, the rock might drop, but then again it might float to the ceiling. Past experience can never justify solid fact." A miss-quote from Ghost of the Logos talking about auto-loading in the Matrix Construct

Moral is; do you really trust Physics?

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by Aliies
"Hu teaches us that if you drop a rock to the ground, it will fall... but what you must always consider the possibility that you never know, the rock might drop, but then again it might float to the ceiling. Past experience can never justify solid fact." A miss-quote from Ghost of the Logos talking about auto-loading in the Matrix Construct

Moral is; do you really trust Physics?
Right about now... HELL YES AND YOU SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP!

Vera21
Don't listen to him, Aliies, he's crazy. eek!

Tptmanno1
Don't listen to him, Aliies, he's crazy. eek!
You've got no proof of that.

Lana
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
You've got no proof of that.

But I have plenty.

Aliies
you use Capital-Letter to prove your point, YE-GODS HE's CRAZY eek!

Tptmanno1
But I have plenty.
Maybe,
But your still gonna be fighting naked..

Aliies
I'm sure you'd love fighting in your birthday-suit, TPt eek!

Tptmanno1
I would but it would be too distracting to Lana and the other female participants.

Aliies
Hmm... over-confidence in yourself and over-stating truths lead to defeat and demise, young grass-hopper...

Vera21
Though, he still has a point. ermm

Tptmanno1
A rather massive point...

Coleman Trebor
Originally posted by Himo
I'll bite.

I'll take another shotgun and powers:

EE
LR
1000B
SS

M'kay.

I'll use 2 Uzi's (Machine Pistol) and 2 SMG's.

BGB

EE

LR

BT

Aliies

I was never doubting his point, mine was that not everyone follows the same scientific beliefs, I'm not one of those but my idle comment seemed to have hit a nerve...

Coleman Trebor
I smell sarcasm in the air.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>