Did anyone else notice this PotC 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
there are SOOO SOO many hints in PotC1 that suggest Jack WANTS this girl and on more than just a sexual level.

I know this was written before the DMC and there were no intentions to make more unless it was a success.

But it seemed as if they had a whole Jack/Liz idea going on but because Jack was such a risky character and they had no idea how the audience would take him..they seemed to just keep it in our "imaginations"

anyway!

Just as Liz and Will are standing between Jack and norrington and Norrington says "So this is where your heart truly lies"

Then Liz says "yes it is"

did anyone else SEE JACKS FACE as she said this? eek!

He looked at her then looked down

He looked SO depressed laughing out loud

I was like OMG awww!! Jack wants her...made me go all fuzzy inside Happy Dance

lovethemtigers
The main thing that made me think Jack was going to team up with Liz - first time I saw it - was when he rescued her....in that scene the way she couldn't take her eyes off him...the chemistry between the two...the way she calls him dispicable...that's the way all great romances start...the girl being mad at the guy...

LovelyOne
LOL I know laughing out loud

"Dispicable"!!!!!!!..she seemed to be really into the situation..I don't think she was really all that angry or scared. I think she was loving the whole situation laughing out loud because later she was like "oh yes it was terrifying"..the way she says that suggests that she wasn't scared or angry at all.

Jacky Sparrow
I thought exactly the same. And even in the scene in her bedroom, when the maid that "It must have been terrible to be threatened by that pirate." and then she replies: "Oh, yes" but doesn't
mean it that way, she's more: Oh, it was exciting.

Jack of Blades
Hmm didnt notice that.O well i can always see the Movie again

mmoviejunkie
i didn't notice him looking sad, i'll have to check it out...
but are you sure johnny wasn't just looking down??

T.Maria
one of the things that always got me in POTC1 was when there was that first battle between the ships (when Jack was put in the cell below the decks of the black pearl) and when will got trapped underneath the decks of the interceptor and elizabeth was almost attacked by one of the pirates of the black pearl, when suddenly jack came out of know where and grabbed the other pirates hand and said;

"Thats not nice"

and then grabbed elizabeth and they both ducked down....

was that the second time he had saved her?

Also within POTC1 was when J/E were on rum-runners island and she was asking him whether he was the infamous jack sparrow she had heard of...and the way he turned to her, grabs her shoulders and they both walked backward a little without losing that eye contact...

and then he talked about being on an island for 3 days drinking rum....

to me the little things are the big things smile

ivebeendepped43
they freakin belong together!!!

katelovespirate
the scene where Jack rescues Liz in 1, and the kiss scene in 2 are so incredibly similar. its scary.

seriously, the emotions, vibes, its all there. She calls him dispicable, he calls her pirate. both are meant as compliments. Liz looks disappointed when he throws her into norri's arms and escapes, he looks disappointed when she pulls away from the kiss.
both involve physical closeness, seeing each other in a vulnerable state, and finding out new things about each other.

and they are both freaking hott.

I totally agree with everything that has been said... the first film is FILLED with hints that Jack is after something special...
i mean, there is amazing chemistry between jack and liz in 1, to the point where i actually think Jack and Liz both take it seriously that Jack says "it would have never worked between us, i'm sorry darling..." that isnt a joke, ya know? and liz gives him that look like, "jack, shut up! i'm having a moment with will..." and all he says to will is "nice hat", aka, "you put up a good show to win the girl mate, but we all know it was just a show"...

i think the peas in a pod scene is the most telling. It could have been played as more friendly or something, but they played that scene TOTALLY as a romantic interest scene.

After seeing the deleted scenes and 2, i watch the last scene of 1 with a totally different mindset.

i really think liz's line about where her heart truly lies doesn't mean with will... it means she is rejected the rigid lifestyle of nobility, and choosing to defend piracy and the man who taught her everything she knows about piracy- jack.

Liz doesn't turn back to WIll until Jack is safely away from the weapons.

ivebeendepped43
Jack is so ssexxi!!!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by T.Maria
one of the things that always got me in POTC1 was when there was that first battle between the ships (when Jack was put in the cell below the decks of the black pearl) and when will got trapped underneath the decks of the interceptor and elizabeth was almost attacked by one of the pirates of the black pearl, when suddenly jack came out of know where and grabbed the other pirates hand and said;

"Thats not nice"

and then grabbed elizabeth and they both ducked down....

was that the second time he had saved her?

Also within POTC1 was when J/E were on rum-runners island and she was asking him whether he was the infamous jack sparrow she had heard of...and the way he turned to her, grabs her shoulders and they both walked backward a little without losing that eye contact...

and then he talked about being on an island for 3 days drinking rum....

to me the little things are the big things smile

i fully agree.
i love liz's line when Will has "saved" her from the cave and brought her back to the interceptor, and Gibbs asks "where be jack" and she's like "Jack? Jack Sparrow?"

to me this line means, Jack Sparrow was still on her mind, and it shocked her that he was involved, and she wanted to see him again.

ivebeendepped43
^totally agree!! she was so thinking about him!!!

mmoviejunkie
i always thought of this part as she was saying wtf are you doing with jack sparrow??
i don't know i dont think that there was much chemistry between jack and liz in the first one because liz didn't know him and jack only wanted to hook up with her 'cause she's pretty 'cause he didn't know her either

ivebeendepped43
wrong!!!

mmoviejunkie
okay then explain

katelovespirate
its true, jack has a penchant for pretty ladies.

but i think since the first moment he met her, he knew she was different.

i mean, she survives this massive fall, he gets to see her in her undergarments, and instead of being all girly and coy, she puts herself out there to save him, holds her own in an argument with her father and norri, she faces up to him and doesnt seem scared of him at all, that sort of thing.

you can tell by his grin when she is fastening his belt around him that he can feel the chemistry, and enjoys it. she is acting different than girls usually do around him.

as the movie continues and she manages to trick him with the rum, i think his respect and attraction to her continues to grow.

and as far as she is concerned, he's a flipping legend. shes probably had a crush on him since before she met will. wink

ivebeendepped43
uummmm.................................... LONG LIVE JOHNNY!!! *runs out*

lovethemtigers
I agree with everything that has been said here...but there is loads of chemistry between Jack and Liz in POTC 1 - every scene they have in there is filled with tension and they can't seem to take their eyes off of each other...

Here is a pic of them from POTC 1 when he saves her life a second time:

ivebeendepped43
*runs back in* JOHNNY IS SSEXXI!!!! *runs back out*

sailorleo
you guys have issues really deep ones...lol....seriously deep depp issues...

ivebeendepped43
lol Deep Depp issues! rofl lmao!!

katelovespirate
what?! i'm offended. i was arguing logically.

i think depp's great but i dont like him in EVERYTHING. gosh. i respect him as a professional. i dont have a teeny bopper crush on him.

however, i DO Have a teeny bopper crush on Captain Jack Sparrow.

sailorleo
either or.....and i'm sorry kate....

ivebeendepped43
that was pointed at me, huh?

mmoviejunkie
i mean i guess they're attraction had to start somewhere, he's never met someone like her and she's always wanted to meet a pirate so those are key but still the first time i saw it i never thought of them more than friends...or a hook up

sailorleo
...heh...sorta...sorry....i'm just frustrated...and i sorta vented....steve being dead and all isn't helping

ivebeendepped43
WAAHHH!! when u said "pirate" it reminded me of Steve! god rest his soul!!!

mmoviejunkie
who the f is steve??

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
who the f is steve??

Steve Irwin is the crocodile hunter and he was killed by a stingray yesterday...yes, very sad...I always enjoyed watching his adventures....

mmoviejunkie
omg thats so sad!!

katelovespirate
SOB.... i started a thread to mourn him called current events and piracy.

it ruined my day at the beach, cause i found out when i got there. its super depressing i dont even know why it just is. sigh...

mmoviejunkie
who you calling a SOB??

katelovespirate
NO one... i mean sob as in CRY or WEEP hysterically. lol

mmoviejunkie
lol, ooooh

katelovespirate
gosh i dont like the b word. its not nice. those be fighting words. hehehe.

i love it when Will calls Barbossa a lying bastard though. thats intense.

mmoviejunkie
ha, yeah but i love it how he has a come back for when will and liz are both didn't specify(liz getting back to port royal and will didn't say where to leave liz)

katelovespirate
ha, yeah but i love it how he has a come back for when will and liz are both didn't specify(liz getting back to port royal and will didn't say where to leave liz)

what??? this sentence doesnt make sense. can you clarify

mmoviejunkie
lol sorry, okay like when liz says no you have to take me back and then he's like says that shit about he does cause she never said that and then will says he's a lying bastard and he's like you did not specify when or where
i think those are clever

Jacky Sparrow
ahh you mean the scene with barbossa, before getting marooned? but i don't understand you at all

mmoviejunkie
lol just forget it!!but yeah thats what i meant with barbossa

LovelyOne
i always thought of this part as she was saying wtf are you doing with jack sparrow??
i don't know i dont think that there was much chemistry between jack and liz in the first one because liz didn't know him and jack only wanted to hook up with her 'cause she's pretty 'cause he didn't know her either

LOL you kidding me right?? The girl has been desperate to meet a pirate since she was a child...

And Jack..well all I'm gonna say is Dog with the bone..think about that stick out tongue

Jack wants love from one person, but is afraid to take it..for now..in movie 1 anyway..then HELLO movie 2 after finally accepting it he jumps into the kraken..we see the dog at the end with a big fat juicy bone in his mouth laughing out loud

mmoviejunkie
yeah but at first the dog wouldn't go so there for elizabeth in the first one had no affect on him!!

ivebeendepped43
lol dog with a bone!

T.Maria
In the first one my only guess really is the fact that she was intregued by pirates so therefore she was intregued by jack...and now she has realised that she may feel alot mroe for him because she has seen him with his guard down... which you never see a pirate do, if i am not mistaken??

have we seen barboza with his guard down? letting people in like jack did with elizabeth??

im not sure really.... but we haven't seen davy jones like that ...yet ... (until he sees tia dalma again, anyway lol)

willofthewisp
There's no denying they have chemistry in the first one, but to be honest, I didn't think they would be a couple when it was over. Then I watched it again after seeing the second movie and the deleted scenes. The deleted scenes are very telling, as are their body language around each other. There is definitely attraction, and I think by the end, there is respect and trust.
But I don't think either one of them think it's anything serious until the second one. They most certainly aren't in love in the first movie.

ivebeendepped43
yeah, the deleted scenes mean A LOT to the plot of the story. they should keep them in

-savvychick-
in the 1 deleted scene peas in a pod...elizabeth and jack are holdin each others gazes, but then when norrington walks up, elizabeth looks away like there's something to hide...it makes u wonder.....

willofthewisp
I love how he looks at her when she says "you're a smart man, Jack." He's being a little smug with her and then let's her know he was just kidding, and then he looks at her and I just melt whenever I watch it.
All the staggering, drinking Jack is gone, GONE, and there is just this man gazing her up and down like he's going to beg her to kiss him and then the moment is ruined. Well, not ruined, because he edges closer to her and finally says how alike they are and then the moment is ruined. But he can't take his eyes off her, and why not? Her British soldier costume was one of my favorites and she looked so tough and yet so feminine in it. She takes his breath away in that scene.

-savvychick-
i think that if jack and liz dont end up together, b/c of all the hinting they did in the second, and even the first movie, there is gonna be major disappointment and the ratings will go way, way down

mmoviejunkie
yeah the rating will go down
unless they make it totally amazing, which i doubt they could make it amazing unless they put jack and liz together

-savvychick-
o, but as long as jacks in it, for the most part, and he's not completely depressed b/c of liz, it'll still be a real good movie, especially b/c we get some new scenes of jack smile

mmoviejunkie
ha, yeah

katelovespirate
oh i think it will be amazing no matter what. i am determined to enjoy it and laugh a lot and get caught up in the adventure.

but it would be much easier for them to make it flipping brilliant if they put jack and liz together. if its will, it will be bittersweet.

ivebeendepped43
too bittersweet.

willofthewisp
I like Kate's optimism. We should all be happy we'll get another movie featuring the adventures of Jack and the screwups of Will.

LovelyOne
I don't think thats the bittersweet ending they have in mind
The EITC will overrun pirates, they will probably hunt him down and murder him if he doesn't change so that means Jack loses that part of himself..but he gains a much better and more long term answer big grin Bittersweet

I don't mean immortality..because that is death..and that is a sad endingsad

Will's bittersweet ending would be losing Liz but gaining what he's wanted most in life since before he even met Elizabeth

Liz will lose Will but will be gaining what she wants most in life since she was a child since before she even met Will: Freedom and love from a pirate..HER kind of pirate..and this is who jack is evolving into

It seems as if Liz doesn't actually like the betrayal side of the pirate life..thank goodness Jack is changing for the better though ay..changing into someone who wants love instead of being selfish?

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I like Kate's optimism. We should all be happy we'll get another movie featuring the adventures of Jack and the screwups of Will.

HAHAHAHA~~~~~ big grin that was hilarious. the screwups of will. poor will. he's such a bumbling disney-ish boy trying to be heroic. some people just have THAT THING, ya know? Jack has it, WIll doesnt.

i bet i will like him wayyyy better if he turns evil and starts doing bad stuff. like norri. he will be way more fun and interesting that way.

willofthewisp
Will isn't really goofy sidekick, but he isn't swashbuckling hero, either. He's just Luke Skywalker, the dumb kid who wants to do something with his life. I mean, what does he have outside of Liz, who is growing apart from him? Nothing! He has nothing else to live for, which is really sad and pathetic and that's the making of a villain to me.

katelovespirate
yeah Will wierds me out. i think Orlando is good looking and all, but i dont see what it was that attracted Liz to him in the first place.

he's pretty hard-headed and stubborn, but he doesn't have any street smarts or cleverness to go with it, ya know?

I know she found him attractive and interesting (being an orphan and possibly a pirate) but to actually fall in love and be engaged to him? Doesnt make sense in my book.

Its also interesting that the compass doesnt point to Jack for Elizabeth until Norrington says "So you never wondered how your latest fiance ended up aboard the dutchman in the first place..."
Then all of a sudden the compass is pointing at Jack- so what? Did she approve of what Jack did with Will? Does she guess that Jack got rid of Will on purpose to pursue her?

And after that comment, I think its pretty clear she knows Jack WAS involved in Will getting stuck on the dutchman. so why does she act all surprised later?
Does she really not know? Does she think Will did something stupid to get stuck there, or possibly left her on purpose to join his crew?

Jacky Sparrow
I think she didn't wanted to be true, that jack has something to do with it because she shakes her had...and short before that she said to Norri: I trust him!

And later she realizes that Norri was right!

T.Maria
KateLovesPirate,

Did the compass not point to jack when she first held it? There was a close up of the needle and the jacks face suddenly came up from underneath it and the needle was pointing directly at him...or am i imaging it?

It the first scene they are in together...and shes like "oh jack" when hes telling her bout the compass....

maybe im seeing things?? i dunno, im confused now....

The will/Elizabeth thing didnt cut it for me for one reason;

that was not the audience's love story

that was a story that the writers had put there to add interest...

jack and elizabeth has been bubbling since they were introduced, and i think thats why so many people like it...its a love story that the audience have seen from the start...they've seen the denial and the flirting and the down-right hott chemistry between the characters...and that is the big difference between the two relationships.

willofthewisp
I have no idea where the arrow is pointing when Jack peeks to see which way to go.
I did notice when he said they would find the chest via his compass, and then he opens and shuts it very quickly. It's meant to entice her and be an aid to this great story/fact he's going to tell her, but maybe he's a little bit afraid to leave it open?

Jacky Sparrow
no, it pointed, like we said, in the other direction (to the ship), in which he run away, but he's to fast (when he looks from the other side on the compass) so that I think that Liz and the compass can't realize it

yeah and he's afraid because he knows that it would be pointing to her

T.Maria
ahh..then i apologise...it was just my shipper mind running away with me smile

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, no problem, i've seen it over 20 times, so...

katelovespirate
i LOVE this scene. my shipper mind def runs away with me during it, especially because liz is being so flirtatious and jack is being so sexy and intense... GEEE... they are both totally coming on to each other

willofthewisp
They're being really flirty, and the cute thing is, I'm not sure if they get they're flirting.
I really think Jack doesn't want to open it while she's there, afraid of what he might find out about himself.

katelovespirate
so true... the way he opens it but pops it shut real quick, before liz can see its POINTING DIRECTLY TO HER... lol

piratechic32123
^ I agree^

willofthewisp
It's almost a movie you have to watch twice just because of the compass, and then see the first one again. There is the part where the ship is in a storm and Will is kind of doubting Jack's abilities as a sailor and it shows Jack depending quite heavily on his compass and we all thought then "this guy's nuts," but now we see a very determined man in that scene.

Jacky Sparrow
I've never realised that, although I've seen it again, after the 2nd movie...but you're right! and then gibbs questions makes sense too, he asks him what is on his mind that brings him in a good mood (or something like that)

S.G
........You girls look to much into everything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

CaptinJackLover
.....thats not such a bad thing tho...

willofthewisp
This is the place to do that. True, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar to quote Freud, but movies put a lot of symbolism and hidden clues in...at least good movies do. They usually have a lot of running themes and the compass is certainly something to think about.

mmoviejunkie
and its much better and interesting then just saying how hot or the latest news on johnny and orlando

ivebeendepped43
what? oh, im sorry, i was just searching the newspaper and magazines for Johnny and Orlando. but only orlando so i can throw darts at him. hehe*evil smile*

CaptinJackLover
what doyou have against him?!

evilm0nki3
hahahahaha i like that. throwing darts at orlando. hehe

ivebeendepped43
he trys to upstage him too much. same with *mockingly* Miss Keira Knightley!

evilm0nki3
he he he he i like keira though

ivebeendepped43
*disgusted look*

evilm0nki3
he he do you happen to not like vanessa either?

ivebeendepped43
no, i love Vanessa. u wanna no y? cuz Johnny loves her with all his heart,and i respect that 100%

evilm0nki3
ah yes of course.... thats nicebig grin

ivebeendepped43
thank you

surfchikpir8fan
wats every1 got against olrando i luv him he sems like such a nice person and he takes his dog (Maude) i think is its name?????????????? im not a major fan of himbut i still luv his character n him in real life im sure he is such a nice person i think it is just a bit mean wif a few pplz sometimes dissing actors and actresses are mainly all such talented and gutzy people they have 2 take alot of criticism its probably all alot harder than we think anyway yeah .................... i apreciate him alot - no hard feelings 2 any1 tho big grin

CaptinJackLover
me 2! i like both of them! well not rele orlando as an actor...i just like him big grin...but i like keira as an actress!

Captain's Wench
I like Orli!! He seems so charming in real life, down to earth and laid back!

CaptinJackLover
yea but i dont think he has the bets personality...its just sumthing about him that isnt as likable as other people for sum reason

Bwa Ha Ha

evilm0nki3
i like orlando in real life. he seems really nice and all that hehe

Bwa Ha Ha
really?

evilm0nki3
yeah! I just don't care for his acting in the movie...

CaptinJackLover
hos acting is ok...not bad...just ok

willofthewisp
Hmm, I don't know. He's not a great actor at all. Troy was the only movie that gave him a chance to play someone three-dimensional and against type. He usually plays the classic hero (Lord of the Rings, Black Hawk Down, POTC) but there he had the chance to play a coward, although one who desperately wanted to change.
Has anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven? I've heard he is very good in that, but again, that's his type, a classic hero. Just not much range, whereas Johnny has played so many different kinds of people.

Bwa Ha Ha
I hate classic heroes, it's just basically the 'same story; different version' kind of thing.

willofthewisp
Johnny has played some classic heroes and some anti-heroes, some psychos, some nonhumans. I will find this guy's filmography. He has such a wide range.

Bwa Ha Ha
Well, I was reading this biography about him but I had to turn it back into the library...

willofthewisp

Bwa Ha Ha
whoa

CaptinJackLover
wow

Bwa Ha Ha

ivebeendepped43

CaptinJackLover
urgg...plz stop doing random dots...ot bugs me...sry if i seem rude but its pointless to put those

willofthewisp
What about random characters bursting into song?

Anamaria: Captain Sparrow, the Black Pearl is yours.

Jack (singing): We are the champions, my friends. And we keep on fighting till the end. We are the champions....

I just really think he could sing more.

ivebeendepped43
lol

Bwa Ha Ha
what does singing have to do with anything?

ivebeendepped43
i dont know

evilm0nki3
What do dots have to do with anything?

I'm sorry.... im surrounded by lame comebacks because of my brother and his friends...

Bwa Ha Ha
...neither do I

ivebeendepped43
lol im sorry

Bwa Ha Ha
huh

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
What do dots have to do with anything?

I'm sorry.... im surrounded by lame comebacks because of my brother and his friends...

willofthewisp
Wow, no one is a fan of my humor anymore. I guess I found singing had more entertaining qualities than a series of dots conveying nothing but the fact that the writer had been driven speechless. Singing is a universal pastime that comforts/inspires/moves many people, whereas dots are just dots that don't show any inspiration or intelligence at all.

ivebeendepped43
i thouht it was funny! but not really on topic.....

willofthewisp
Sorry. All I saw were dots and thought I would throw something random in. What the hell is this thread about now?

ivebeendepped43
i have no idea,really. its really very random

Bwa Ha Ha
Dots are grammatically very important without dots we wouldn't know where sentences end and there would be a rather great deal of confusion it would be as if we just kept on talking and talking and talking endlessly without pausing or taking a break so someone else can talk see what I mean

ivebeendepped43
uummmmmm (see above)

Bwa Ha Ha
i do hope i made my point about how important dots are

ivebeendepped43
yeah, u have

Bwa Ha Ha
ok

ivebeendepped43
yeah dots

Bwa Ha Ha

ivebeendepped43
STOP IT!!!!! just stop it!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
stop what

ivebeendepped43
WHY!!! "why do u do this to me?do you enjoy tormenting me? do you hate me?" lol thats from recess schools out!

Bwa Ha Ha
i love that movie

ivebeendepped43
me too. its hilarious!

Bwa Ha Ha
hysterical

ivebeendepped43
"and finally the moment arrived. We met behind the deep fryer and kissed *passionately* as the sound of the deep fryer faded into the night!" i love that line!

CaptinJackLover
willofthewisp i love your randomness! i kno u said it on another page but its hard to keep up with these two cuz of all their offtopicness

ivebeendepped43
i LOVE randomness!!!

Chiki Mina
blink

ivebeendepped43
what?

Chiki Mina
i didnt say anything :P

ivebeendepped43
the face

Chiki Mina
what face *makes an innocent face*

ivebeendepped43
the one above!

Bwa Ha Ha
lol

Chiki Mina
stick out tongue

ivebeendepped43
lol w/e

Chiki Mina
LOOL

Bwa Ha Ha
huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.