DragonWoman Vs. Mortalitas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A.D. Skinner
Mortalitas vs. DragonWoman

Judge: A.D. Skinner

Render: Blade

Criteria: Less than 80 kb - 500 x 250 pxls max size. Use of Transparency and border.

Deadline: 1 Week or 9:30 am ( CDT ) 09/12/2006

Good Luck

DragonWoman
I really hate havin' dialup...takes me forever to load the renders. 'Spose I should get to it then...

DragonWoman
Heres my entry...

Mortalitas
What do you mean by the use of Transparency? That's foreign to me *blinks*

DragonWoman
You know how an image fades into the background or another image? That's the use of transparency...

A.D. Skinner
My sig is using a transparency

Flavio
Originally posted by DragonWoman
You know how an image fades into the background or another image? That's the use of transparency...

sorry, but this is not transparency, but blending. Transparency is what you see on Skinner' sig. Its what makes the sig not be a plain simple rectangle. Or what you see in mine, the top left and bottom right borders are cut, making the sig transparent in those areas smile

*btw, i cant see any transparency on your entry confused

Swe_Bum
Dose that mean she lost?

Aurora
I think it does technically..... confused

Flavio
yes, pretty much...but...since both duelers did not know the concept of transparency, maybe if the other dueler agreed, Dragonwoman might send another entry now that they both must be aware of the concept...

I dont know, just a suggestion srug

Aurora
I would say the judge would have to agree as well.... but seeing as they didn't understand the criteria I'm sure he will allow another chance.

Flavio
yeah, i hope all of them agree...

i just hope they know how to make transparency, which is unlikely since they didnt know what it was. Anyways, DragonWoman and Mortalitas, if you two need, Goodtutorials has some great stuff regarding transparency yes

DragonWoman
I'll resubmit if I'm allowed...I just got all mixed up :P

DragonWoman
Here's my new one...still getting used to borders stick out tongue

Flavio
Here's my new one...still getting used to borders stick out tongue

it's still not transparent...you cant make transparent sigs using jpg coughcoughcoughTUTORIALcough

oh, and...if i were you, i'd wait until the judge proclaims his decision to post a new entry. ermm
so far he hasnt allowed you to make a new one...

A.D. Skinner
Wow, I leave for a little bit and come back to absolute mayhem.

Okay, the use of a transparency was one of the key items I wanted to see in this duel. If you are unsure how to create one, I suggest you find a tutorial like Flavio has suggested.

DragonWoman: I can understand that you did not know what a transparency was, but rather than submitting a entry, you should have asked just like Mortalitas has done.

It is no longer in my hands I am afraid, I am going to leave this decision up to Mortalitas as to whether or not he will allow you to submit a 3rd entry and in the guidelines of this duel.
If he chooses to not allow you to do so, I am afraid that you will have to forfeit this duel.

Mortalitas...what do you think, will you allow DragonWoman to resubmit a new entry?

Mortalitas
Of course she can! big grin

I see no harm in letting her have a 3rd try. I don't mind at all

A.D. Skinner
Well there ya go! Maybe 3rd time will be the charm! big grin

Mortalitas
GOOD LUCK DRAGONWOMAN!!!

d-fly_girl008
Good luck both of you!!

H. S. 6
How about you just take the transparency out of the requirements? erm

You have to remember that some people don't even use programs that allow transparency. And many others don't know what it is (as seen here). I really don't think it should be required in a duel.

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by H. S. 6
How about you just take the transparency out of the requirements? erm

You have to remember that some people don't even use programs that allow transparency. And many others don't know what it is (as seen here). I really don't think it should be required in a duel.

How very telling.

Next time you want to get pissy because somebody has a differing opinion than you, do not bring your childish rants to me.

Criteria stands. DragonWoman if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will help you in any way that I can.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
How very telling.

Next time you want to get pissy because somebody has a differing opinion than you, do not bring your childish rants to me.

Couldn't think of something yourself, eh? Had to use my response to your immature, inflammatory PM, hmm? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I never would have thought, AD, you would have reacted like this to something as simple as a difference in opinion. I had always regarded you with something like respect. I suppose my previous opinions of you were wrong. Disappointing indeed... erm

DragonWoman
Ok I'll get working on my 3rd version stick out tongue

Thankyou so much M for allowing this...you're a real sport.

DragonWoman
Wrong topic...sorry

DragonWoman
Ok...I've honestly tried my ass off...it'll take me more than a week to get this transparency to work so I forfeit.

A.D. Skinner
DragonWoman, would it help if I allowed an extension?

If you think you could honestly submit an entry, I surely would like to see it.

DragonWoman
I would appreciate it but I don't think it would be fair on Mortalitas...he's probably already begun on his entry so I think it would only be fair for him to win by default...I've unsuccessfully submitted 3 entries already

Mortalitas
noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I don't want you to forfit! You can have an extention dragonwoman!

DragonWoman
Ok ok :P AD? It's up to you my man...

A.D. Skinner
Extension granted.

New Deadline is 12:00 am ( CDT ) 09/14/2006, seeing as I have not seen an entry from Mortalitas either.

Good Luck

DragonWoman
Hmm ok, I should really get working on it then...hopefully I'll be able to get to the computer for the time I need erm

Mortalitas
I never post mine til the last minute stick out tongue

DragonWoman
Well I live in Australia hun so I'll most likely be posting mine as soon as I get the damned thing done stick out tongue

DragonWoman
I'VE DONE IT! Woohoo big grin

FYI; don't worry about the black parts around it, if you save it later then its allllll gooood big grin

DragonWoman
*waits patiently*

A.D. Skinner
Mortalitas will you be submitting an entry?

The extension has come and past and I would still like to see what you could do with the render. yes

DragonWoman
Ditto...that and now that I have a handle on the transparency I wanna see who wins stick out tongue

Lana
In the future, do not include things such as transparencies, animation, etc., in the criteria unless you know that both duellists are able to do these things.

This has been brought up before and that is the standing on it.

Mortalitas
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Mortalitas will you be submitting an entry?

The extension has come and past and I would still like to see what you could do with the render. yes

I will be. Still the fourteenth for me O_O

StruckByLightn
you only got hr and 15 mins better hurry

DragonWoman
*waits patiently*

d-fly_girl008
Um... is it passed time yet??

Lana
Midnight now, so yes.

DragonWoman
Well now we have to wait n see what happens...

A.D. Skinner
The 14th has come and gone, 3 entries by DragonWoman and not a single one from Mortalitas.... sad

I award this win to DragonWoman

DragonWoman
big grin cool...my first win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.