Noah's Ark Discovered ... Again and Again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

T.M
I don't think so.. If the ark is real (which I don't think it is) and on mount Ararat it would have been found a long time ago.

I don't see anything in this story other than what it says about them wanting to see it so much they will see it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by T.M
I don't think so.. If the ark is real (which I don't think it is) and on mount Ararat it would have been found a long time ago.

I don't see anything in this story other than what it says about them wanting to see it so much they will see it.

When I read the article, I got a totally different view.

Regret
I'm betting that if the ark survived the flood, it was used for scrap wood following it, searching for it seems to be a waste, imo.

docb77
Originally posted by Regret
I'm betting that if the ark survived the flood, it was used for scrap wood following it, searching for it seems to be a waste, imo.

agreed, people seem to scavenge whatever's available when they build something new.

I grew up surrounded by fence posts that were just scavenged rail road ties.

Robtard

Well, if it did ever really exist, it must have survived the flood otherwise there'd be no people or animals. You bring up a good point about it's timber being recycled for other uses though.

But seriously, can you imagine how big of a boat it would have had to have been to carry two of every animal and enough food and water to support those animals? How much human labor would be required too feed and clean the stalls of every animal pair? Just another far fetched Bible story I think that is solely based on faith and not on facts.

Regret
Originally posted by Robtard
Well, if it did ever really exist, it must have survived the flood otherwise there'd be no people or animals. You bring up a good point about it's timber being recycled for other uses though.

But seriously, can you imagine how big a boat it would have had to been to carry two of every animal and enough food and water to support those animals? How much human labor would be required too feed and clean the stalls of every animal pair? Just another far fetched Bible story I think.

Unless of course it was only that land was submerged, and thus symbolically baptized. How many animals are indigenous to the area where Noah was? Might have been a relatively small number.

Shakyamunison
Unless of course it was only that land was submerged, and thus symbolically baptized. How many animals are indigenous to the area where Noah was? Might have been a relatively small number.

Or it could have been a retailing of an older story. They may have gotten the facts wrong without knowing it.

http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/

Regret
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Or it could have been a retailing of an older story. They may have gotten the facts wrong without knowing it.

http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/

Yes, especially considering the writing took place sometime around the time of Moses if I remember correctly. Prior to that it was verbal tradition. But then, I believe it is fairly accurate due my beliefs.

Shakyamunison
Yes, especially considering the writing took place sometime around the time of Moses if I remember correctly. Prior to that it was verbal tradition. But then, I believe it is fairly accurate due my beliefs.

There may have been a flood that covered what they thought was the world, but what they thought was the world my have been only regional.

Jim Reaper
Noahs Ark... Easily one of the most ridiculous stories i've ever heard.

who?-kid
Here is an interesting article I found on LiveScience.com
http://www.livescience.com/othernews/060905_noahs_ark.html

What do you think?

Noah's Ark Discovered ... Again and Again

By Benjamin Radford

In this world there are things that seem on the verge of being discovered every so often, yet never quite materialize. The "Lost City" of Atlantis, for example, has been "found" at least a half dozen times. One researcher is pretty sure it is in Bolivia; another says it is Antarctica; a third claims that Bimini beachrock may be from the lost civilization.

So it is with Noah's Ark.

The difference is, of course, that the implications of Noah's Ark actually being found extend far beyond archaeology. The weight of all the paired animals in the world is nothing compared to the religious freight that the Ark carries.

The Ark story is scientifically implausible; there simply wouldn't be enough space on the boat to accommodate two of every living animal (including dinosaurs), along with the food and water necessary to keep them alive. Furthermore, constructing a vessel of that scale would take hundreds of workers months to complete. Still, Biblical literalists—those who believe that proof of the Bible's events remains to be found—have spent lives and fortunes trying to validate their beliefs.

The search goes on

Before discussing the recent claims regarding the whereabouts of Noah's vessel, a history of Ark "finds" is instructive.

Violet M. Cummings is the author of several books on Noah's Ark, among them "Noah's Ark: Fable or Fact?" (1975), in which she claimed that Noah's Ark was found on Turkey's Mount Ararat. According to the 1976 book and film "In Search of Noah's Ark," "there is now actual photographic evidence that Noah's Ark really does exist.... Scientists have used satellites, computers, and powerful cameras to pinpoint the Ark's exact location on Mt. Ararat."

This is a rather remarkable claim, for despite repeated trips to Mt. Ararat over the past thirty years, the Ark remains elusive.

Undeterred by a lack of evidence, in 1982 Cummings issued a book titled, "Has Anybody Really Seen Noah's Ark?," published by Creation-Life Publishers. The subtitle, "An Affirmative Definitive Report," hints at Cummings's conclusion.

Interest in Noah's Ark resurfaced in February 1993, when CBS aired a two-hour primetime special titled, "The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark." (Little did CBS know that they were using incredible in its accurate, proper meaning: "not credible."wink

As Ken Feder describes in his book "Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries," the special "was a hodgepodge of unverifiable stories and misrepresentations of the paleontological, archaeological, and historical records." It included the riveting testimony of a George Jammal, who claimed not only to have personally seen the Ark on Ararat but recovered a piece of it. Jammal's story (and the chunk of wood he displayed) impressed both CBS producers and viewers. Yet he was later revealed as a paid actor who had never been to Turkey and whose piece of the Ark was not an unknown ancient timber (identified in the Bible as "gopher wood"wink but instead modern pine soaked in soy sauce and artificially aged in an oven.

Red-faced CBS, which had done little fact-checking for their much-hyped special, said that the program was entertainment, not a documentary.

Recent claims

More claims surfaced periodically, including in March 2006, when a LiveScience writer reported on yet another incarnation of the Ararat claim. A team of researchers found a rock formation that might resemble a huge ark, nearly covered in glacial ice. Little came of that claim but a few months later, in June, a team of archaeologists from the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (BASE) Institute, a Christian organization, found yet another rock formation that might be Noah's Ark.

This time the Ark was "found" not on Ararat but at 13,000 feet in the Elburz mountains of Iran. "I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said team member Arch Bonnema. They brought back pieces of stone they claim may be petrified wood beams, as well as video footage of the rocky cliffs.

The team believes that, within the rock formation, they can see evidence of hundreds of massive hand-hewn wooden beams laid out in the presumed size and shape of the Ark.

The Biblical archaeologists seem to have experienced pareidolia; seeing what they want to see in ambiguous patterns or images. Just as religious people will see images of Jesus or the Virgin Mary in toast, stains, or clouds, they may also see images of Noah's Ark in stone cliffs. (In New Mexico's Sandia National Forest there is a large rock formation called Battleship Rock, which—from a certain angle—does indeed look like a battleship. One wonders what the BASE team would make of that.)

Other researchers remain certain that the Ark is in fact on Mt. Ararat. Noah's Ark enthusiasts are therefore in the somewhat awkward position of deciding which (if any) of several scientifically "definitive" Ark finds is the real one.

The BASE claims, as with all previous reports of finding the Ark, have yet to be proven. Ultimately, it may not matter, because, as BASE president Bob Cornuke states, "I guess what my wife says my business is, we sell hope. Hope that it could be true, hope that there is a God."

Yet the question is not about faith, hope, or God; the question is if Noah's Ark is real and has been found. Like Atlantis, the ever-elusive Ark will continue to be "found" by those looking for it—whether it exists or not.
Very good post.

Regret
There may have been a flood that covered what they thought was the world, but what they thought was the world my have been only regional.

I agree that it may have been regional.

Regret
Originally posted by Jim Reaper

Lol, easy there. Some people said the same about flight and some still say that about evolution. Some even say it about the moon landing.

Robtard

Does the O.T. say God flooded the world?

Regret
Does the O.T. say God flooded the world?
Yes, but it could be stating it from the perspective of Noah, it could refer to what he knew as the world, which would have been a relatively small area.

Regret
Yes, but it could be stating it from the perspective of Noah, it could refer to what he knew as the world, which would have been a relatively small area.

Also, the Bible gives the measurement of depth as under 30 feet. This would lead one to believe it more likely that it covered a smaller area, and not the entire planet.

Alliance
I would love for people to find a boat, have it be the totally wrong dimensions, and have room for only like 10 people.

Then we can have centuries of inconclusive debate smile

Robtard
There are also a few discrepancies in the Bible about the ark story, further leading proof that there is most likely nothing to find in the first place.

How many of each animal and what animals did God command Noah to take?

Genesis:

6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh , two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

6:20 Of fowls after their kind , and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind , two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

and then it says...

7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens , the male and his female: and of beasts that not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

How long did the flood last?

7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth ; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

taken from (http://www.blueletterbible.org)

Alliance
When my lab started flooding during a freakish storm...I yelled "Save two of every genotype!"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
When my lab started flooding during a freakish storm...I yelled "Save two of every genotype!"

Did you then yell, save seven of some of them?

Alliance
No. The thought really didnt cross my mind as the water was running around my ankles and the whole building was short circuiting.

But I did "nickname" the two mice born that day Noah and Gilgamesh.

docb77
There are also a few discrepancies in the Bible about the ark story, further leading proof that there is most likely nothing to find in the first place.

How many of each animal and what animals did God command Noah to take?

Genesis:

6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh , two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

6:20 Of fowls after their kind , and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind , two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

and then it says...

7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens , the male and his female: and of beasts that not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

How long did the flood last?

7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth ; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

taken from (http://www.blueletterbible.org)

these are easy to get around

Regarding the number of animals -

God tells Noah, "Grab 2 of each animal so that nothing goes extinct"

Noah, "Got that"

God, "Good, now grab a few more of the ones that I allow you to eat."

Regarding the length of the flood -

40 days could refer to the time that the flood waters rose, ie rain and "waters of the deep"

150 days could mean the actual duration of the floodwaters.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Jim Reaper

Absolutely. For it to have existed, discounting the fact that almost every ancient civilization has some version of the same story, is so contrary...not to science...but to just plain reality. If they took two of every species and put it on a boat, all their offspring would have genetic issues out the ass and died out. It's the same fairy tale mentality that people use to suspend reality and believe in the garden of eden/Adam and Eve story.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by docb77
these are easy to get around

Regarding the number of animals -

God tells Noah, "Grab 2 of each animal so that nothing goes extinct"

Noah, "Got that"

God, "Good, now grab a few more of the ones that I allow you to eat."

Regarding the length of the flood -

40 days could refer to the time that the flood waters rose, ie rain and "waters of the deep"

150 days could mean the actual duration of the floodwaters.

But if a gene pool is dropped down to just two animals, that species will eventually go extinct.

ESB -1138

Shakyamunison

ESB -1138
No, it is not strange. Every culture has had a flood at one time or another.

All of which mentions that the entire world was flooded? And also each one mentioning that many days passed until the waters went down?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ESB -1138
All of which mentions that the entire world was flooded? And also each one mentioning that many days passed until the waters went down?

1. The entire world, to a person who dose not understand that the world extends beyond his/her valley is very small.

2. Many other flood stories do not include animals.

Alliance

New Orleans flooded...and the waters took a few days to go down.

Floods happen repeatedly, and when your visoin of "the word" is the 15 miles around your house...a small flood off the black sea can seem catastrophic.

Regret

The world of Noah:

"the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered." (Genesis 7:19-20)

A cubit is the distance from a man's elbow to the end of his middle finger.

Egyptians 1 cubit = 20.61 of our inches
Greeks 1 cubit = 18:25 inches
Romans 1 cubit = 17.4 inches
Hebrews 1 cubit = 17.58 inches
The English 1 cubit = 18 inches

The longest of which, 20.61" X 15 Cubits = 25.7625 Feet

The "world" was covered by just under 26 feet. Do you really believe that that depth could cover the entire earth?

Alliance
Yes...because its flat and on four pillars.

Regret
Yes...because its flat and on four pillars.

laughing laughing

Alliance
well....

Regret
well....

Wasn't laughing at your comment, was laughing with your comment smile

Alliance
I know. smile

Robtard

ESB -1138
To begin with animals did not kill and eat other animals. In the beginning nothing ate meat. God did not allow it. Not until after the flood when all the vegatation was whipped out did God allow man and others to eat animals.

"the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered." (Genesis 7:19-20)

Fifteen cubits above the mountains the waters went not just fifteen cubits.

Shakyamunison
To begin with animals did not kill and eat other animals. In the beginning nothing ate meat. God did not allow it. Not until after the flood when all the vegatation was whipped out did God allow man and others to eat animals.

There is no proof of that. Also, there is lots of evidence on the contrary.

Alliance

Yeah...it covered the mountains in Kansas.

Robtard

I think you're wrong; Noah and the Ark story can long after Adam & Eve were exiled from the Garden of Eden. Death and sin had already entered the world by the time of the Flood, so you are reaching here, nay grasping.

ESB -1138
I think you're wrong; Noah and the Ark story can long after Adam & Eve were exiled from the Garden of Eden. Death and sin had already entered the world by the time of the Flood, so you are reaching here, nay grasping.

Animals did not kill and eat one another which is what I said. God did not allow anything to eat another living creature until after the flood.

Regret
Animals did not kill and eat one another which is what I said. God did not allow anything to eat another living creature until after the flood.

Lol, show your reference for this.

ESB -1138
Lol, show your reference for this.

Genesis 1:28-30

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth. (God made man responsible for every creature on earth)

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (God gave man fruits to eat meaning man was at first to be vegetarians)

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creeps upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herd for meat: and it was so. (God gave animal fruits to eat)

Now in Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you; even as the green herd have I given you all things. (God allowed the eating of animals after the flood.)

Alliance
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth. (God made man responsible for every creature on earth)
Not true. God said man was superior, had dominon....ruling power. There was nothing ever mentioned about responsibility.

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (God gave man fruits to eat meaning man was at first to be vegetarians)
Not true...if man were vegitarians...how yould they have concept of "meat." And it never said anything about not eating meat.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creeps upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herd for meat: and it was so. (God gave animal fruits to eat)
How could you possibly draw that conclusion. Do you knwo what a "green herd" is?

ESB -1138
Not true. God said man was superior, had dominon....ruling power. There was nothing ever mentioned about responsibility.

Not true...if man were vegitarians...how yould they have concept of "meat." And it never said anything about not eating meat.

How could you possibly draw that conclusion. Do you knwo what a "green herd" is?

1.) And as the ruling power it is one's responsibility for all living things. The presidents, kings, emperors, and so on were all ruling powers that ruled their people and were responsible for them. (Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may eat freely) So God told the man (Adam) that he may eat of every tree but not animals.

2.) It seems you do not know that meat has more then one meaning:
2. edible fruit or nut part: the edible part of a fruit or nut, inside a shell or rind

3.) a seed-producing flowering plant. Animals do eat leaves and grass.

Alliance
1.) And as the ruling power it is one's responsibility for all living things. The presidents, kings, emperors, and so on were all ruling powers that ruled their people and were responsible for them.
Ahhhh...thats right. I forgot that right wingers were totalitarian @ssholes.

2.) It seems you do not know that meat has more then one meaning:
2. edible fruit or nut part: the edible part of a fruit or nut, inside a shell or rind
Meat also means phallus.

3.) a seed-producing flowering plant. Animals do eat leaves and grass.
Animals also eat meat.

ESB -1138
Animals also eat meat.

After the Flood.

Alliance
Before the "flood".

Magee
I find these Christians who believe every word of the bible so alien. I cant understand why and how they got to thinking that these things happened, I cant understand how some one could take the bible at face value and believe every word of it. I'm willing to bet most if not all of them were raised as kids in a christian house hold, i find it sad. I have nothing against Christianity or any religion but i just find some of the things like esb1138 believes in so strange.

/end rant blink

Alliance
you cant if you didn't blink

Regret
Genesis 1:28-30

Now in Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you; even as the green herd have I given you all things. (God allowed the eating of animals after the flood.)

I do not have Biblical support stating otherwise, although I do not understand the reasoning for shepherding by Cain if there were no use for the animals meat. I think it may be an over generalization, but you seem to be correct.

lord xyz
If Noah's ark was lost in the first place how did the things on it (the animals) get off?

Alliance
They leaped from the four pillars that hold up the earth.

lord xyz
They leaped from the four pillars that hold up the earth. They wha...?

Alliance
They leaped from the four pillars that hold up the earth.

lord xyz
That makes no sense.

Alliance
Didn't you know that the Earth is held up by four pillars?

Robtard

What in the hell did lions, hyenas, wolves, jackals, badgers, smilodons, tyrannosauruses, velociraptors and ever other predator that ever lived on this planet need those large nasty meat eating teeth for then? Especially predatory dinosaurs, most Christian rationalize that dinosaurs went extinct* during the flood, are you telling me that tyranosaures lived and went extinct eating shrubbery?

*Then again, God did tell Noah to take two of every living thing(6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh), why were dinosaurs not in the boat?

lord xyz
Didn't you know that the Earth is held up by four pillars? I thought it was a planet that circles the 10000* bigger Sun in the milky way. ermm

Then again, I'm an "evolutionist" so I'm probably wrong and evil. no expression

Alliance
Originally posted by lord xyz
I thought it was a planet that circles the 10000* bigger Sun in the milky way. ermm

Then again, I'm an "evolutionist" so I'm probably wrong and evil. no expression

Yeah. Read the Bible and get saved.

lord xyz
Yeah. Read the Bible and get saved. Will you pray for me?

Shakyamunison
Will you pray for me?

No, but I will chant for you. You need it... cool

lord xyz
No, but I will chant for you. You need it... cool Chant is form of Satanism, that means you're evil like the gays. ermm

Shakyamunison
Chant is form of Satanism, that means you're evil like the gays. ermm

confused No, Satan does not exist.

lord xyz
confused No, Satan does not exist. Then why would christians lie to me about him? Are they breaking the 9th commandment?

ESB -1138
What in the hell did lions, hyenas, wolves, jackals, badgers, smilodons, tyrannosauruses, velociraptors and ever other predator that ever lived on this planet need those large nasty meat eating teeth for then? Especially predatory dinosaurs, most Christian rationalize that dinosaurs went extinct* during the flood, are you telling me that tyranosaures lived and went extinct eating shrubbery?

*Then again, God did tell Noah to take two of every living thing(6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh), why were dinosaurs not in the boat?

Dinosaurs have been mentioned in the Old Testament such as in the book of Job or Psalms but many dinosaurs (and animals and people) drowned during the flood.

Shakyamunison
Then why would christians lie to me about him? Are they breaking the 9th commandment?

It's not their fault, they were lied too also.

Robtard
Dinosaurs have been mentioned in the Old Testament such as in the book of Job or Psalms but many dinosaurs (and animals and people) drowned during the flood.

Then by your rational, why would a tyrannosaurus or any other meat eating animal need these(see pics), if all animals ate shrubbery before the flood?

http://www.dinohunters.com/images/Sue%20teeth.jpghttp://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/skeletons/images/lion.jpg

Teeth like these are about 99.9% ineffective in chewing plant matter and that is not taking into account the major differences between a carnivores and a herbivores digestive tract.

DigiMark007
How do they know it's the Ark, even if they find something? It might be the wooden floating vessel from the dozens of "world-flood" stories that pre-date Noah and the Bible by hundreds of years and span various different cultures, religions, and civilizations.

...all I'm saying is, they better get the right freaking world-flood. I dislike being lied to about which apocalyptic savior-boat I'm reading about.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Chant is form of Satanism, that means you're evil like the gays. ermm

F*cking F@gs.

Shakyamunison
F*cking F@gs.

shutup

Alliance
Bye Bye freedom of speech.

Nocturnalwolf82

Belegūr
Bye Bye freedom of speech.

Well, when you say such things as that....

Alliance
Bob Cornuke is a pseudoarcheologist with no formal training in archeology.

He publishes his books based on anonymous single sources, has been accused of academic forgery, claims he gained access to Iran and Saudi Arabia, forges quotes form scientists to try to garner support. His organization, BASE, is also not a viable scientific organization and relies on private funding from right-wing religious extremists. He has been repeatedly sued based on credibility issues.

I stongly reccomend that you do not take his claims seriously.

Lord Urizen
shutup

Ahh rape ! That's my style droolio

Alliance

DigiMark007

Alliance
People are desperate. Its this whole new "Lets prove religious with 'science'" movement, because everything else they tried has desperately failed.

And all the people who believe them are either too stupid or too uneducated to analyze anything they're told (as I pointed out, this Bob Cornuke guy is a total crackpot).

Robtard

lord xyz
Originally posted by Nocturnalwolf82
You can find more about the flood and about the dinosaurs here. drdino.com/articles.php?cat=13 Oh my god, not Kent Hovind.
Points To Ponder About The Flood
(More Points To Ponder on the site) drdino.com/articles.php?spec=77

1) Over 250 Flood legends from all parts of the world have been found. Most have similarities to the Genesis story. Bollocks, that's as much evidence for the flood as the pyramids around the world proving they were made by aliens or something.
2) Noah lived 950 years! Yeah, and I'm 321 years old.
Many Bible scholars believe the pre-Flood people were much larger than modern man. So that makes it true does it?
Skeletons over 11 feet tall have been found! If Noah were taller, his cubit (elbow to fingertip) would have been much larger also. This would make the ark larger by the same ratio. Proving what exactly?
3) God told Noah to bring two of each kind (seven of some), not of each species or variety. Noah had only two of the dog kind, which would include the wolves, coyotes, foxes, mutts, etc. The "kind" grouping is probably closer to our modern family division in taxonomy, and would greatly reduce the number of animals on the ark. Animals have diversified into many varieties in the last 4400 years since the Flood. This diversification is not anything similar to great claims that the evolutionists teach. You're right, that diversification sounds to be impossible to me. Do you honestly believe the millions of dogs coyotes, wolves etc. all came from two dogs 4400years ago?
4) Noah did not have to get the animals. God brought them to him (Gen. 6:20, "shall come to thee"wink. Wouldn't it have made more sense for God to carry the animals himself? None of this ark shit, I mean, god is "all powerful".
5) Only land-dwelling, air-breathing animals had to be included on the ark (Gen. 7:15, "in which is the breath of life," 7:22). Noah did not need to bring all the thousands of insects varieties. Yeah, because ants can survive a flood can't they? And wasps can fly forever without the need to eat or sleep!
6) Many animals sleep, hibernate, or become very inactive during bad weather. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/coloring/Hibernate.shtml
I don't think this is "many animals".
7) All animals (and people) were vegetarians before and during the Flood according to Gen. 1:20-30 with Gen. 9:3. Yeah, and after the flood, magical fairies went down to Earth and changed all our diets.
8) The large mountains, as we have them today, did not exist until after the Flood when "the mountains arose and the valleys sank down" (Ps. 104:5-9, Gen. 8:3-8). Wait, are you saying the Himalayes and the Andes were formed by a rush of water? What the f**k?
9) There is enough water in the oceans right now to cover the earth 8,000 feet deep if the surface of the earth were smooth. If there's enough water to cover the Earth 8,000 feet deep, why isn't it?
10) The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (from 26,000-29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock packed with seashells and other ocean-dwelling animals. That's because Mt. Everest wasn't always a mountain, it was once part of Africa.
11) Sedimentary rock is found all over the world. Sedimentary rock is formed in water. Water, is found, all over the world, rock is constantly moving, because of the heat of the mantle.
12) Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest. Read above.

fini

Points To Ponder About The Flood

7) All animals (and people) were vegetarians before and during the Flood according to Gen. 1:20-30 with Gen. 9:3.

OMG, if i ever needed a book to quote from, it was now, lol. I got to get my bf's bible first.
BUT I am sure there are references to meat eating animals before the flood. eg Lions etc

I know there are references to mountains BEFORE the flood too.

1) Over 250 Flood legends from all parts of the world have been found. Most have similarities to the Genesis story.

Of course they all have flood stories , nearly all of the civilizations was centred around rivers that have gigantuan floods every so ofter. THe Nile, Eurphretes, Yangzte, Ganges,
Remember the massive flood that happened in the 90's when the mississippi flooded? Those flood happen on such a large scale it appears that the world is underwater, because the area that is considered as their world ( only several hundred sq Km though) is under water.

5) Only land-dwelling, air-breathing animals had to be included on the ark (Gen. 7:15, "in which is the breath of life," 7:22). Noah did not need to bring all the thousands of insects varieties.
OHHH ho, so insects dont breathe air?

9) There is enough water in the oceans right now to cover the earth 8,000 feet deep if the surface of the earth were smooth.

Ok thats the water in the ocean, so if we were to cover the land with this water, does that mean that the ocean will now be empty space??????? laughing out loud

10) The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (from 26,000-29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock packed with seashells and other ocean-dwelling animals.

11) Sedimentary rock is found all over the world. Sedimentary rock is formed in water.

12) Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest.

Also someone had said earlier that because u can find shellfish on mountains it means that they were deposited there in a flood. OKOK now why , oh why, when an area is flooded out , why aren't there just scores and scores of shellfish around. New Orleans was underwater for quite some time, WHy dont they have clams, lobster, snails allllll over the street? Boats in the water take a very long time ( certainly more than 40 days) to get barnacles attaching themselves there.

Sedimentart rock is formed in water yes, but it does so over thousands of years. YOU go put some sand in the bottom of a bucket of water and leave it for 40 days, I am SOOOO sure you'll will find rock there afterwards, everyone else will see sand, but u will think its rock. Why because you and many others dont have the mental capacity to apply a story rather than take it literally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.