The Greatest Man in The World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jack of Blades
Very easly who do you think is the Greatest man in the World.It can be an actor a producer toilet cleaner janitor anyone.So il start George Lucas wink

Soleran
Probably, me.

Dirty Vader
The late Steve Irwin, Zinedine Zidane, Harisson Ford and of course the bad ass Clint Eastwood.

Dirty Vader
And I like it how this thread isn't intitled the Greatest Person In The World. You god damn sexist you ;P

Da preacher
Prince Rogers Nelson.

Grand_Moff_Gav
George W Bush

Fishy
Bill Cosby

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
And I like it how this thread isn't intitled the Greatest Person In The World. You god damn sexist you ;P
Why am i sexist.im just asking who do you think is the Greatest man in the world.

smoker4
Originally posted by Da preacher
Prince Rogers Nelson.

Or Morris Day

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Why am i sexist.im just asking who do you think is the Greatest person in the world.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Why am i sexist.im just asking who do you think is the Greatest person in the world.

sithsaber408
Jesus of Nazareth.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by smoker4
Or Morris Day

Or not.

Bardock42
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Jesus of Nazareth.

I don't know that much unbiased or historically accurate stuff about him, so I will go with Batman instead.

PVS
when the hell is someone going to say "chuck norris" and just get it over with?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Chuck Norris

Madman_V3N0M
Adambig grin or whatever humanoid monkey is the ancestor of the human race.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know that much unbiased or historically accurate stuff about him, so I will go with Batman instead. Originally posted by PVS
when the hell is someone going to say "chuck norris" and just get it over with? laughing out loud

smoker4
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Or not.

hater

Quiero Mota
FDR

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by smoker4
hater

Or not.

Bardock42
Or not.

HA, that reply was lamer than Originally posted by Quiero Mota
FDR 's legs

Quiero Mota
HA, that reply was lamer than 's legs

^ Tasteless.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
^ Tasteless.
Too soon?

debbiejo
A persons own self..........A person doesn't need anyone ele....

Quiero Mota
Too soon?

It's old and overdone.

Not too mention just plain dumb.

smoker4
Or not.

yawn

Bardock42
It's old and overdone.

Not too mention just plain dumb.

I'm sorry ... although I think a reference to a Family Guy joke can not be overdone.

Quiero Mota
Don't like that show.

If Peter Griffin was real, I'd find him and kick his ass.

Bardock42
Don't like that show.

Hehe, I'd watch it.

Why don't you like this perfect show though?

BobbyD
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Jesus of Nazareth.

..my vote also.

Quiero Mota
Why don't you like this perfect show though?

Um, let's see...

-To begin with, I'm not a big fan of toilet humor

-I find all the chracters annoying

-Peter Griffin looks like and acts like someone that I dislike in real-life

Bardock42
Um, let's see...

-To begin with, I'm not a big fan of toilet humor

-I find all the chracters annoying

-Peter Griffin looks like and acts like someone that I dislike in real-life

- It's not only toilet humour though

- Really? Even the cool ones?

-Then find him and beat him up instead of hating the great cartoon.

The Pict
Winston Churchill
or
James Hetfield

Quiero Mota
- It's not only toilet humour though

Please...

- Really? Even the cool ones?

Yep

-Then find him and beat him up instead of hating the great cartoon.

Don't worry. If that vato pisses me off or gives me the right reason, I will.

Grimm22
Jesus no expression

Madman_V3N0M
Ok so... from what I gather, Bardock thinks someone in Family Guy is the greatest man in the world?

Britrogue
MY vote goes to Harrison Ford!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
My vote goes to Badger The Man Face Shoe.

Such style. Such wonderful style.

PeterGriffin
Don't like that show.

weep

debbiejo
Nahhhhhhhhh everyone knows it was the pope until Napoleon dethroned him.

lil bitchiness
Don't like that show.

I agree!

Besides, plagiarising Simpsons isn't funny no2

Alpha Centauri
Not plagiarising The Simpsons is nearly impossible.

You can either have just The Simpsons, or The Simpsons and all the amazing shows that it has inspired.

-AC

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Not plagiarising The Simpsons is nearly impossible.

You can either have just The Simpsons, or The Simpsons and all the amazing shows that it has inspired.

-AC

Or maybe just The Simpsons and family sitcoms with original ideas.

Unlike all those cheap and blatant ripoffs: Family Guy, Dinosaurs etc.

Alpha Centauri
Blatant rip offs? Family Guy took an idea The Simpsons created (the whole flashback-as-comedy) and made it their own, even acknowledged by Matt Groening himself, who is actually a big fan of Seth McFarlane, creator of Family Guy.

That said, Seth does many different voices, all of them totally different. He's far more talented than anyone on any other show like that.

Dinosaurs was shit, Family Guy is quite clearly brilliant. Family sitcoms with real people are just shit, because it's never going to have that unrealistic, do-anything cartoon element.

If you'd rather watch Who's the Boss? than Family Guy, go for it. Me? I like my comedy funny.

-AC

Quiero Mota
Family Guy is quite clearly brilliant.

^laughing

Whatever floats your boat, pal.

PVS
i find family guy to be nothing like the simpsons and vice versa. and exactly how is the idea of a bumbling cartoon family, the property of any one artist?

lord xyz
Very easly who do you think is the Greatest man in the World.It can be an actor a producer toilet cleaner janitor anyone.So il start George Lucas wink Norman Beorlog.

dani_california
Atleast Family Guy's funny, the Simpsons jumped the shark a while ago.

lord xyz
Originally posted by dani_california
Atleast Family Guy's funny, the Simpsons jumped the shark a while ago. If anything, the simpsons have gotten better, people have just gotten off it because they've seen too many of the same episodes and jokes so it can get pretty boring, repetitive, and people are sick of it. I mean, the pilot was released in 1989.

WrathfulDwarf
The Simpsons, Dinosaurs, Family Guy, American Dad...

..all those shows are shit and they all rip off The Flinstones.

So that's your lesson for the day kiddies. Oh, and don't come at me with how The Flintstones rip off the Honeymooners....we're talking cartoons here! raver

PVS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
..all those shows are shit and they all rip off The Flinstones.

*bingo*

and the flintstones were a ripoff of the honeymooners. they even admitted that, or rather proudly proclaimed their inspiration from jackie gleason and art carney

dani_california
The only cartoon i find the least bit intellegent is South Park, Matt and Trey atleast tackle issues. (No offense to any other cartoons though, I love my Simspons, Family Guy and Aqua Teen)

Bardock42
I don't think Family Guy is a rip off of the Simpsons much. I mean it is about a cartoon family...that's where the similarities end. I never seen an Episode with Santa's Little Helper working for the New Yorker. Anyways, I think the Simpsons are brilliant and they were the first one of that kind of show, but that doesn't mean that all that followed after are rip offs or not worthy of praise. Family Guy, King of the Hill, South Park, American Dad and Futurama are all great and intelligent shows and I don't think that takes away from the genius the Simpson are....or were (if you are of the opinion that they suck nowadays)

PVS
similarities:

fat infinatley stupid man.

thats it.

thats ralph cramden

Madman_V3N0M
Ha ha ha! Just saw Futurama! *laughs his a55 of* LOL, ROFL big grin laughing
Um, sorry, did anyone say something?

Alpha Centauri
I'm still getting a chuckle about the whole "The Simpsons are shit.", thing.

-AC

Strangelove
I'm still getting a chuckle about the whole "The Simpsons are shit.", thing.

-AC Futurama's better though. Toxically unappreciated.

And Thomas Jefferson, by the way

clap
A real brain trust in here nominating actors and fictional characters like Jesus as being the greatest men in the world. With present company as a backdrop, I look like the greatest man in the world.

WrathfulDwarf
Yes, indeed...The Simpsons were once a great show. Now it's pure shit...the kind of shit you flush down the toilet.

The Pict
All shows go down hill after a while, its happening to Family Guy as well. The fourth series wasn't nearly as funny as the others

Bardock42
The fourth was great to me.

And the newer Simpsons things I have seen I enjoyed thoroughly

Oh and even beyond that the new South park are even more genius than ever before.

The Pict
The fourth season was good I just felt that it didn't compare to the earlier ones. I thought that they used harder cursing as well as an attempt to bring more laughs.
And Simpsons and South Park aren't as popular as they used to be and I feel thats because the quality has dipped a bit. But thats just my view of things.

Victor Von Doom
The only cartoon i find the least bit intellegent is South Park, Matt and Trey atleast tackle issues. (No offense to any other cartoons though, I love my Simspons, Family Guy and Aqua Teen)

Why is that more intelligent? The other shows 'tackle issues' as well, they just do it less ham-fistedly.

'Here's our racism show, next week: gays'.

BackFire
The genius of Trey and Matt lies in their ability to make a hilarious show about a serious subject and STILL be able to throw in the occasional fart joke. Social/political satire is something they do better than anyone else, including all of the shows mentioned above, which are all great, by the way.

Also the humor in South Park has incredible range. Sometimes it'll be the darkest humor this side of Dr. Strangelove, other times it will be the silliest most light hearted humor this side of an Ace Ventura movie.

Bardock42
I kinda think South Park hammers their social critic just in very obviously.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire
The genius of Trey and Matt lies in their ability to make a hilarious show about a serious subject and STILL be able to throw in the occasional fart joke.

Is that actually a good thing? I mean, really?

Social/political satire is something they do better than anyone else, including all of the shows mentioned above, which are all great, by the way.

Very arguable. Ever seen Brass Eye?

diddly-dum
Very easly who do you think is the Greatest man in the World.It can be an actor a producer toilet cleaner janitor anyone.So il start George Lucas wink

Steve Irwin,.. may he Pest in peace sad

BackFire
Is that actually a good thing? I mean, really?

Yes, not taking yourself too seriously and never forgetting your prime goal is a very good thing.

I haven't. I meant they're the best in regaurds to shows currently running, that I've seen, anyways.

Victor Von Doom
Yes, not taking yourself too seriously and never forgetting your prime goal is a very good thing.

Never found those kind of jokes to be very (at all) humourous. Although to each their own, that's what I always say. Except the gays.

I haven't. I meant they're the best in regaurds to shows currently on the air, that I've seen, anyways.

They have a friend, in you.

BackFire
You never found the fart jokes funny? Man, there's some great ones in South Park. The scene where Cartman keeps farting on Kyle each time he goes to put his finger in his butt is pure gold.

Victor Von Doom
Never found any funny, in anything, ever.

Actually, one.

The Willy Wonka parody in Family Guy, where Peter says 'Silent, but lifesaving'.

Bardock42
I like fart jokes...they amuse me.

Peter Griffin: Get out I have to fart......GET OUT

dani_california
Part of the humor of fart jokes in South Park is that they'll be talking about some serious issues one second and the next they'll whip out this totally immature joke

Quiero Mota
I like fart jokes...they amuse me.

Peter Griffin: Get out I have to fart......GET OUT

no expression

Bardock42
no expression

It's funny if you should happen to remember the scene. You fail.

BackFire
Never found any funny, in anything, ever.

Actually, one.

The Willy Wonka parody in Family Guy, where Peter says 'Silent, but lifesaving'.

Ah, well like you said, to each his own. Oh, yeah, except the gays.

Naz

going along the lines of toilet cleaner janitor, I'm going to say my boss, Wade, except he's not a toilet cleaner janitor...erm
I couldn't think of any really really great famous people....*thinks* cept maybe the Pope. Yeah, sorry Wade, I vote for John Paul II.

Alpha Centauri
It's funny if you should happen to remember the scene. You fail.

So do you, as he says "Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!".

-AC

Bardock42
So do you, as he says "Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!".

-AC

Oh well. It was funny to me, that's what counts. But you are right, I should check before quoting shit (a.k.a. make shit up).

dani_california
In terms of the topic of the thread I'd have to say Bono, or anyone who else who's donated as much as he has to the poor. I don't understand why people are saying the Pope. What has he done besides be holy?

Bardock42
In terms of the topic of the thread I'd have to say Bono, or anyone who else who's donated as much as he has to the poor. I don't understand why people are saying the Pope. What has he done besides be holy?

Bono...are you....you are....but...no....not really, right?

Naz

I think being holy is a sign of greatness. And the Pope did more than just sit around being holy, he led an entire Church, and wrote tons of encyclicals and books.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Naz
I think being holy is a sign of greatness. And the Pope did more than just sit around being holy, he led an entire Church, and wrote tons of encyclicals and books. Yeah, so did L. Ron Hubbard.

Naz
Yeah, so did L. Ron Hubbard.

That's not my definition of 'holy'. But I never said he wasn't great, he just isn't one of the first people to pop in my head.

Adam_PoE
My boyfriend.

Imperial_Samura
Yeah, so did L. Ron Hubbard.

Hehehe. True.

Yes, the Late Pope was a very good man and all, but I don't know if I could agree with claiming he is the greatest because of that. And I can't help but forget the more questionable aspects of his reign that were, well, forgotten on his passing.

A good man, but not perfect.

Naz
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
My boyfriend.

I'm sure they're very great

9 : markedly superior in character or quality; especially : NOBLE <great of soul>

KidRock
My boyfriend.

Just when hes not cheating on you right? lol kidding.

The answer is clearly me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by KidRock
Just when hes not cheating on you right? lol kidding.

The answer is clearly me.

You are his boyfriend?

KidRock
You are his boyfriend?

No. Why you wanna come pick me up you big tall handsome aryan? zorro

Bardock42
No. Why you wanna come pick me up you big tall handsome aryan? zorro

Well, I wouldn't say no....strictly to achieve the Master Race obviously.

KidRock
Well, I wouldn't say no....strictly to achieve the Master Race obviously.

Wel...iv got blue eyes. Does that count?

spencerspider
its obvious who the greatest person...is
Michael Jackson!!!

Bardock42
Wel...iv got blue eyes. Does that count?

Well, no one knows what it's like....behind blue eyes.

spencerspider
i got blue eyes

Bardock42
Originally posted by spencerspider
i got blue eyes

And I care...why?

spencerspider
lol just sayin...

Tron
I love how this thread went from the greatest man to cartoons and gay jokes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And it's quite obvious who the greatest is: Popeye.

Adam_PoE
You are his boyfriend?

Capt_Fantastic is my boyfriend.

Lord Urizen
Capt_Fantastic is my boyfriend.

How come he never mentions you ? But you always mention him..... confused

Vinny Valentine
LanceWindu and Bardock.

ermm

Robtard
Simple... The Dude is the greatest man in the world (a.k.a. Jeff Lebowski)

http://www.handfulofsand.com/images/blog/lebowski.jpg

Way out west there was this fella I wanna tell ya about. Goes by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. See, this Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - there's a name no man would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. See, they call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels"; but I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow it as there are some nice folks there. 'Course I ain't never been to London, and I ain't never seen France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd seen in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? Sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here - the Dude from Los Angeles. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude. The Dude, from Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in all of Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. Sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Well, I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced it enough.

dani_california
Lol yes we should all admire His Dudeness

KidRock
El Duderino is the winner

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
How come he never mentions you ? But you always mention him..... confused

Instances in which Capt_Fantastic has referenced Adam_PoE:

The Official Crush Thread

Remembering The Tsunami (Dec, 24 2006)

Spontaneous Orgasms

Instances in which Adam_PoE has referenced Capt_Fantastic:

Abstinence

Spontaneous Orgasms

BackFire
El Duderino is the winner

I abide!

Belegūr
"The Greatest Man in the World"?

Does he have to be alive?

Robtard

Spontaneous Orgasms

Abstinence

Spontaneous Orgasms

Ok, so you're both equally gay for each other...

Robtard

Belegūr
Originally posted by Robtard
No, I'd guess not... But we have already acknowledged 'The Dude' is the greatest in the world.

"The Dude"?
As in the guy upon whom The Big Lebowski was based?

Lord Urizen

Spontaneous Orgasms

Abstinence

Spontaneous Orgasms

My bad...I never seen some of those threads. smile

Belegūr
Well, no matter, I'd still say that the greatest man that has ever lived on this planet was Adolf Hitler.

Yes, I just said that. I might receive flak, too.
Sure, he was the most loathsome and evil man the Earth has ever born witness too, but he was great....think of all he accomplished! The man rebuilt a dead country, and nearly exterminated entire ethnic-populations.

Yes, Hitler was evil. Indeed, I hate the memory of him and what he did to the people Earth. But who else could have accomplished with such ferosity what Hitler did?

Robtard

Belegūr
Originally posted by Robtard
If building empires and killing people is what qualifies as great for you, then there are far better examples. Genghis Khan being the foremost.

In many ways, yes, those are qualifications for being great. It is not specified in the thread that the person had to be at all noble, or at least "good."
I do not mean to offend, if I do.

But even when you mention Genghis Khan, (who was also great, albeit brutal)....

What I mean to say is that I believe Hitler was the greatest man who has lived in recent times, say. He nearly singlehandedly changed the way the society of the world has been in (about) the last seventy years.

Before Hitler, it was almost perfectly fine to be a racist, evil person. Nowadays, however, we have grown into a perhaps better society (at least in the West) which does not permit such disgracefulness....

Still, whether the world has changed for the better or the worse since 1945 I'd still put to debate....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.