NCAA Football 06-07

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
The official thread for talk about this years season.

GO DAWGS!!!!

kikass
Ah next week ND vs. PSU. I can't wait. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/tim1234321/super_cool.gif

Lord Evolution
i got my money on USC this year, undefeated and play Texas in the national championship. Our first half was a little shaky, but thats how it was all year last season so i wasnt worried, Pete Carrol must be the best half time motivator in any sports, because USC really put the hurtin on them in the second half.

forumcrew
They were playing Arkansas not a real team, so putting a hurting on them isnt a big deal.

Louisville took a huge blow tonight. Mike Bush who is an absolute beast broke his leg and is done for a year. A big time dissapointment especially after losing Brohm to injury last year.

Dexx
i take it this is different than NFL?

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Dexx

ya ya

looks to me like the USC defense is back to their old selves. if they have any kind of significant offensive drop then thell need it back to there 04-05 selves.

SpadeKing
USC - Will not be as good with loss of bush and leinart

Texas - will be little of the same with three pretty good running backs, and a good front four d-line but, they will need help in the loss of vince young and matt hoffman (I think)

ND - questionable after almost losing to GT but possible National champs

Clemson - great O-line all 4 returning starters, 3 good runningbacks, a great wide receiver, and the nation's best RE. they will start and finish ranked this season (I'm a Tiger fan ^^)

Oklahoma - will depend heavily on Adrian Peterson. AD All Day. I say he will win heisman if not Notre Dame's QB.

I will come up with more predictions if asked or after seeing a little more from the teams current and past strengths and weaknesses

forumcrew
Originally posted by Dexx

Yea Dexx this is College football here in the states.

USC lost other important players too part of their O-line and lendalle white and the FB.

Himo
Originally posted by forumcrew
Yea Dexx this is College football here in the states.

USC lost other important players too part of their O-line and lendalle white and the FB.

Doesn't really matter. they still have two amazing quarterbacks left and their RB ain't too shabby either.

Lord Evolution
i still say they average 45+ points this year

forumcrew
FSU got a big time win tonight.

botankus
I searched and searched and could not find a college football thread...but if I missed it, I apologize.

Wow, I think I watched about 5 games this weekend. Mich/Vandy, Hampton/Grambling (the end at least), Tenn/Cal, ND/GT, and FSU/Miami. Out of all those, I thought if you reversed those games, you'd get most exciting game to least - in that order.

Tennesse looks like they're back. Even witih Ainge they looked strong, and Cal looks like they need some tackling lessons.

I knew Georgia Tech wouldn't lie down. Chan Gailey is good at game-planning for the first opponent of the season (just look at what they did to Auburn the last 2 seasons). It's just the rest of the season that sucks for them.

FSU and Miami Defenses. Wow. 3 freakin' rushing yards combined for both offenses, with Miami winning that stat war by a margin of 2 to 1 yard.

New AP Poll:

1. Ohio State (39) 1-0 1,568
2. Texas (7) 1-0 1,453
3. USC (3) 1-0 1,410
4. Notre Dame (8) 1-0 1,408
4. Auburn (3) 1-0 1,408
6. West Virginia (5) 1-0 1,356
7. Florida 1-0 1,191
8. LSU 1-0 1,185
9. Florida State 1-0 1,130
10. Michigan 1-0 841
11. Tennessee 1-0 839
12. Georgia 1-0 836
13. Louisville 1-0 820
14. Iowa 1-0 800
15. Oklahoma 1-0 725
16. Virginia Tech 1-0 673
17. Miami (FL) 0-1 624
18. Clemson 1-0 564
19. Penn State 1-0 467
20. Oregon 1-0 436
21. Nebraska 1-0 358
22. California 0-1 212
23. TCU 1-0 198
24. Texas Tech 1-0 196
25. Arizona State 1-0 134

forumcrew
your gonna feel a little silly

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t419818.html

its right on the main page.. tsk tsk

And yea 3 rushing yards WTF

Lord Evolution
texas moved up to #2 in the ap poll. i think they just tryin to hype up the Texas vs OSU game on Saturday...1 vs 2. *has nightmares about the last 1 vs 2 College football game* miffed miffed

forumcrew
im having sweet memorys of texas in the 1vs2 ncaa basketball game last year.. was beautiful

Naz
LSU is gonna whip all yall's asses. ermm

botankus
Whoops. Okay, feel free to merge.

Dexx
smile...merging

botankus
I will be switching back and forth between UGA/USC and UT/OSU. Should be a great Saturday night.

Adult Swim Guy
GO Hawkeyes they are going to be ranked number 3 this year bitches and make it to the rose.well i hope but i know they will kill LSU!!!!!

Smasandian
What's so special about Penn States Paul Paulaoxanfree (31)?
Been catching the ND vs PS game and he's been getting beat with underneath passes all first half and i dont think he has actually tackled anybody by himself?

forumcrew
i dunno but i sure am glad i took ND -8

Smasandian
Hahahah...

wow, ohio state gave it to the Texans. I was watching the game and that QB isnt going to do it for them. ( granted he is only a freshman)

forumcrew
woohoo 2 for 2 allthough taking OSU + 3 was free money

botankus
I've got a bet for ya. 2 to 1 that Mississippi State doesn't score before Halloween.

Soujaboy
Anyone see the freshman Matthew Stafford for Georgia that steeped in on Saturday? He looks nice.

Ap Pole

Ohio State (56) 2-0 1,614
2. Notre Dame (3) 2-0 1,468
3. Auburn (2) 2-0 1,447
4. USC (2) 1-0 1,446
5. West Virginia (2) 2-0 1,380
6. LSU 2-0 1,287
7. Florida 2-0 1,249
8. Texas 1-1 1,150
9. Florida State 2-0 1,029
10. Georgia 2-0 944
11. Michigan 2-0 942
12. Louisville 2-0 911
13. Tennessee 2-0 782
14. Virginia Tech 2-0 763
15. Oklahoma 2-0 755
16. Iowa 2-0 690
17. Miami (FL) 1-1 625
18. Oregon 2-0 547
19. Nebraska 2-0 455
20. TCU 2-0 285
21. California 1-1 284
22. Arizona State 2-0 206
23. Boston College 2-0 193
24. Texas Tech 2-0 186
25. Penn State 1-1 95

Usa Today Pole

Ohio State (59) 2-0 1,571
2. USC (2) 1-0 1,471
3. Notre Dame (1) 2-0 1,391
4. Auburn (1) 2-0 1,369
5. West Virginia 2-0 1,293
6. Florida 2-0 1,177
7. LSU 2-0 1,159
8. Texas 1-1 1,107
9. Georgia 2-0 997
10. Florida State 2-0 977
11. Oklahoma 2-0 953
12. Louisville 2-0 905
13. Michigan 2-0 820
14. Virginia Tech 2-0 770
15. Miami (FL) 1-1 622
16. Iowa 2-0 603
17. Tennessee 2-0 600
18. Oregon 2-0 529
19. Nebraska 2-0 431
20. TCU 2-0 333
21. California 1-1 248
22. Texas Tech 2-0 231
23. Arizona State 2-0 159
24. Alabama 2-0 150
25. Boston College 2-0 146

botankus
Yeah. What's funny is that most UGA fans don't even like Tereshinski, and he's from Athens. Next up for Stafford is the UAB Green Glob, or whatever their nickname is.

Lord Evolution
wooohooooo USC # 2 in USA today and # 4 in AP. I see great things happening for us this year. In Pete Carrol I believe and his incredible recruit class.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
wooohooooo USC # 2 in USA today and # 4 in AP. I see great things happening for us this year. In Pete Carrol I believe and his incredible recruit class.

He does recruit well, but this year I don't think they'll be as good as past years.

As much as I want Noel Devine to commit to Georgia, he would fit well in the USC Offense. Pete Carrol does a great jobs with backs, Noel would do well there.

forumcrew
well yea obviously is they still had leinart,bush,white,justice theyd be better.. but they are still one of the best teams in college ball.

botankus
I love the LSU/Auburn & Volunteer/Gator back-to-back games. I've found my place on the couch starting @ 3:30 tomorrow, which is perfect 'cause that's when I'll get home.

The best part of my nine-month old marriage? When on, the TV will not switch from anything related to the gridiron from LSU/Auburn Saturday until the conclusion of Cowboys/Redskins 11:30 Sunday night. And it will not asked to be changed by either party. smile

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by botankus
I love the LSU/Auburn & Volunteer/Gator back-to-back games. I've found my place on the couch starting @ 3:30 tomorrow, which is perfect 'cause that's when I'll get home.

The best part of my nine-month old marriage? When on, the TV will not switch from anything related to the gridiron from LSU/Auburn Saturday until the conclusion of Cowboys/Redskins 11:30 Sunday night. And it will not asked to be changed by either party. smile

These two SEC games are by far the best college games on this weekend. Where's Gameday? At USC/Nebraska of course...huh? ESPN is a joke. They couldn't give two shits about the SEC because of their larger financial commitment to Big 10/Pac 10 t.v. contracts(ESPN is owned by the same parent company that owns ABC). Can you say conflict of interest?

Normally, I wouldn't give a crap what boneheads like Corso and Herbstreet think, except that their coverage on ESPN shapes national and pollster perception when rankings come out.

Prediciton: LSU beats Auburn by more than a touchdown. Tennessee at home beats Florida.

It's a little hard to tell because the season hasn't ramped up yet, but I believe LSU might be the either the second or third best team in the country. Ohio State and USC are the only challengers in my mind. For those of you who haven't seen LSU, I think you'll be shocked. They're a number 6 team who's flying under the radar and feels disrespected. The defense is crazy good (it might be the best in the country). JaMarcus Russell and LSU's receivers are sick.

Dr. Zaius

Now that's the way a marriage should work, Botankus.

The Vice King
Wolverines play tomorrow against Notre Dame. Sadly I don't think they can win. sad

The Vice King
Big win for Michigan. I am totally surprised, not only that we won, but it wasn't even close. Wow.

forumcrew
ND gave it away from the start. Tiped a pass that should have been caught.. free 7 points, fumble giving them good field posisiton another 7 points. And then Michigan just kept the pressure on and out played them and never let them back in it. When ND was able to score right before half I thought that might swing thigns for um and we may see a totaly different second half. Gotta give it up for michigan i didnt think they had a hope.

botankus
I love games like the way the LSU/Auburn game panned out. Tough yards, hard hitting, premium points, waiting for someone to make 1 big play or 1 mistake. That being said, can you tell I'm a Steelers fan?

Adult Swim Guy
Ok well tomorrow is the hawkeyes vs ohio state i think the Hawkeyes will win by about 3 point s cant wait!

botankus
Last night's game was a lot, lot, lot, lot better than I expected. Hats off the USC for keeping it a game and having a legitimate shot to tie it at the end of the game.

Auburn controlled the clock for all 15 minutes of the third quarter...amazing. Then, USC turns around and has it for about 12 minutes out of the fourth. As if anyone didn't know already, Tuberville and Spurrier know what the hell they're doing.

forumcrew
Yea except on 4th and 1 or 4th and 2 throwing to the corner of the endzone? With 2 defenders in the area, thats really not a very smart play call.

Adult Swim Guy
**** never mind! i thiink their # 16 now

master skyler
usc is still the suprise team to me this year, although i like em'

Lord Evolution
USC is moving on up

close call vs Washington though

master skyler
true about washington, but they have a hard scheduel this year with Notre Dame (who have dissapointed) Cal., and Oregon-sort of

botankus
Spread of the week: Clemson giving 44-1/2 against Temple.

master skyler
im puttin my money with USC baby!

cking
looks like number two Auburn isn't as good as the rankings show getting whipped by Arkansas 27-10. which Auburn was favored by 16. Arkansas had 279 yards rushing on the ground against an auburn defense that was in the top five in scoring defense and overall in the top ten. both Darren McFadden had 145 and Felix Jones had 104 yards on the ground. Freshman quarterback Mitch mu-stain a parade all American and national player of the year was 7 out of 10 passing for 87 yards and 1 touchdown. Arkansas only passed twice in the second half. the defense rushed Brandon cox all day and the team racked up six sacks in the game and held the number two rushing offense (only to Arkansas) to -4 yards rushing in the second half. Auburn couldn't sustain a complete drive the whole game and was stopped twice on fourth down conversions. Before Auburn wasn't stopped on fourth down earlier in the season. the loss dropped Auburn to 11 in the polls and ruined their shot of a national title. The win gave Arkansas number 17 in the polls and number seven in the BCS standings.

master skyler
I was wishing that LSU would win against Auburn, it was close but they should have thrown it further down the field.

cking
The reason why LSU couldn't beat Auburn because they don't have a uber power running game like Arkansas, the Arkansas duo McFadden and Jones was too much for auburn and auburn was never truly tested until the Arkansas game. they have a good defense but not a dominating one like advertised they just weren't good enough to stop Arkansas's running game but are quite effective against LSU because they are mediocre when it comes to the run. LSU seems to back to their old ways again because miles can't seem to coach his players like nick saban can and if that happens they will go back to being mediocre again like back in the 90's. the program should have kept nick saban at all costs, he was the reason he turned the program around in the first place. Saban was only doing that so he could go back to the NFL, like he was really going to stay at LSU as a lifetime coach. LSU already has two loses early in the season which is unusual because they don't lose that many games that early and they still have to travel War Memorial stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas to face Arkansas in the last game of the year and the way Arkansas is playing and not having a conference lose puts LSU in a tough situation to win the west. Like I say before Auburn was an overrated team and they seem more like a top 20 team than the number 2 team in the nation. Auburn had several weak areas that Arkansas took advantage of. they played a better Arkansas team that whipped them in their own game of physical smash mouth football. The score wasn't even close it was a BEAT DOWN that the Auburn program won't forget for a while.

master skyler
true

Lord Evolution
I will admit, I am a bit nervous, USC has had some close calls lately, they need Jarrett back, not that Smith hasnt stepped up, because he has, but there offense just isnt clicking like it should be.

cking
the only reason USC never plays well in the season is because of lack of competition. I promise you they always play well when notre dame comes around or some other top ten teams is around the corner but they have no need to blowout any of the conference teams because most of them aren't any good anyway and no matter how bad they beat them it wouldn't change in the rankings because they aren't ranked and the teams ahead of them have to lose which has already happened this weekend so they knew what they were doing as long as they keep on winning and more upsets occur then they will appear in the title game again. I think that USC is becoming too conservative with these teams and let the game slip until the fourth quarter. instead they should have a three touchdown comfortable lead going into the final quarter. it is hard to be motivated when playing someone like Stanford or UCLA because they are a joke. it is easy to see that USC hasn't lose a conference game in almost four years. USC is simply holding back until the notre dame or the title game. a good example of it was last year with Reggie bush and company. like they really want to blow someone out atop of the rankings, that is only necessary when they are like 8 or 9 and trying to impress the voters and that is when the blowouts occur. why waste your energy when you are already 1 or 2? why let get your starters get hurt while playing a rink a dink? USC has it easy until the notre dame.

spencerspider
USC is so overrated it's not even funny. the SEC is the toughest conference overall. Going undefeated in that is almost impossible. USC plays about no one and still almosts loses. Florida should have beaten Auburn and i still think that florida will somehow make it to national championship. ohio state and michigan knock one of them out, and USC will get beat by someone. as long as florida dont lose anymore they r fine, cuz west virginia aint getin no love.

cking
I wouldn't say they are overrated that would be going too far because like I said in my post before if it isn't a big game they have nothing to show for and they play too conservative in these games which turns out to be a close game or a loss. If USC played in the SEC then the results would be different because they don't have Stanford's or other PAC-10 schools they can play around with. going undefeated in the SEC is not impossible, you have to be lucky and not play an incomplete game. The reason why they don't because they have one bad game and it falls apart for them and play almost perfect and win out. you have to be almost perfect in the SEC to be undefeated, in other conferences you don't because the level of competition isn't as high and they give gifts away. Florida still has to play Georgia and another team from either the west or east and if Arkansas wins out or if loses and auburn wins out they still have to play either of those teams. LSU could go but Auburn has the tiebreaker over them and they would have to lose a couple of more games to reach the SEC title game. Florida won't go to the championship game or Auburn. the way that both Ohio state and Michigan is playing they won't lose until they play each other and wouldn't make a difference because one of them is going to the NT game and if west Virgina wins out and if USC can get by Notre dame then that most likely won't happen.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by cking
I wouldn't say they are overrated that would be going too far because like I said in my post before if it isn't a big game they have nothing to show for and they play too conservative in these games which turns out to be a close game or a loss. If USC played in the SEC then the results would be different because they don't have Stanford's or other PAC-10 schools they can play around with. going undefeated in the SEC is not impossible, you have to be lucky and not play an incomplete game. The reason why they don't because they have one bad game and it falls apart for them and play almost perfect and win out. you have to be almost perfect in the SEC to be undefeated, in other conferences you don't because the level of competition isn't as high and they give gifts away. Florida still has to play Georgia and another team from either the west or east and if Arkansas wins out or if loses and auburn wins out they still have to play either of those teams. LSU could go but Auburn has the tiebreaker over them and they would have to lose a couple of more games to reach the SEC title game. Florida won't go to the championship game or Auburn. the way that both Ohio state and Michigan is playing they won't lose until they play each other and wouldn't make a difference because one of them is going to the NT game and if west Virgina wins out and if USC can get by Notre dame then that most likely won't happen.

True. USC was up 21-0 and it seemed to me like they got bored. Let the other team back in the game and almost lost. You notice though when they get serious they start running the hell outta the ball. They did this last year in those close games, come out of the half and start running non stop with Reggie and Lendale. This year its no different. When the game gets close and USC gets serious, Pete Carrol runs the ball because he knows no one can stop them.

spencerspider
but still...they really aren't playing anybody. the only way now for florida or auburn ro go to national champ. is for one of them to win out, and win sec champ. and ohio state or michigan loses, and usc gets upset. i actually think that west virginia- even if undefeated wont go to championship, the polls seem to really not like them

and i never said going undefeated in the SEC is impossible..teams have done it before..i said almost, and saying usc is overrated aint going too far, they really are. i dont believe for one second that they are the second best team in the country

cking
yes they don't play anyone, just like when Reggie bush and company never played anyone, doesn't make this team overrated or the 05 team or 04. since they started winning their plan for the season is to save their offensive firepower for tougher games and bowl games. a good example is the USC and Oklahoma match up back in 04 season. USC scored 50 points on a team that is just as good as they are talent wise. in that season USC didn't score any blowouts until the UCLA game because it was getting closer to bowl season and what a time to impress the voters for the last time. if you are number one you don't have to have a blowout every time you face a team because if you do then injuries to key players will occur and the season could be over if that occurs often. you can't judge by just the scoreboard, I know when a team is playing hard or not they are just using half effort to win every game and you can do it with all the five star recruits they have on the team. they have no need to win big as long as they are number two and the opponent is not competitive. I've seen them play in real life before and there defense rivals the defense from 04 which was very stout indeed. the defense last year had a bad year because of graduation and injuries but still managed to infuriate some teams. there defense is the best I've seen this year, I didn't see any weakness on that squad. they have solid linebackers, one in Keith rivers an all American and a defensive line much better last year especially against the run. There offensive is not as good as last year but they are still powerful, because USC recruits so well. this year they get much of the help from the defense while last year it was the offense. that is why the scores seem so low because john David booty is still adjusting so is an inexperienced but talented offense. they are good enough that they destroy you in a game, not like score every time they touch the ball but just wear and tear your defense down sucking up the clock and score offense. they are NOT overrated, it is the offense is not on par with the defense and also they aren't really trying. the team overall next year should be back on track with their offense. they are good enough to beat Florida and auburn soundly like they did against Nebraska, not a blowout because the offense is not a juggernaut.

Lord Evolution
Jarrett and Smith are the 2 best receivers in the NCAA

cking
Darren McFadden and Felix Jones are best tailback duo.

TaZ#12
Im with Lord Evolution, I like Jarret and Smith

Lord Evolution
I knew Michigan would hop USC in BCS because of USC's bye but Foxsports says not to worry because Michigan has a more difficult schedule. Ohio State vs USC will most likely be the national title game. While Michigan is just the Penn State of this year.

Lord Evolution
Plus Ohio State plays Michigan so I dont think that can possibly be the national title game.

spencerspider
well USC got beat..what a shocker..they were overated. they shouldnt have been #3. the offense is good ill give them that, but that defense...the whole pac-10 pretty much needs defense.anyway im happy florida beat georgia..

ohio state -1
michigan - 2
west virginia - 3
florida - 4 (i thought they would jump auburn)

spencerspider
o and 5. Louisville

botankus
Any predictions on the WVU / UL game? What about LSU / VOLS?

forumcrew
Plus Ohio State plays Michigan so I dont think that can possibly be the national title game.

yea the winner of that plays for the national title they would likely play winner of wvu/lousville but texas could sneak in there, in a Michigan vs texas game.

botankus
What would be the ultimate disaster is if after the Ohio State / Michigan game, they are still ranked #1 & 2 and play again for the national title and the loser wins. That would be a mess.

cking
just like back in 03 when Oklahoma got beat by k-state 35-7 in the big 12 title game and still got to the championship game, USC got the shaft that year. on talent alone LSU should beat Tennessee, they have the most talent in the SEC, but Tenn would most likely be favored pending on where they are playing. if Tennessee does beat LSU not just by talent but simply outsmarting them. if LSU loses more games it isn't because they don't have the talent it is because they got beat by a smarter team. Tennessee has good talent but LSU is loaded and there backups are just as good or better than the starters. Tennessee needs to beat them with smarts not brawn. with the west Virginia game if Louisville can find a way to stop the running game then they will win if they don't then west Virginia should win this game.

spencerspider
i think winner of ohio st./michigan will play either west virgina/louisville, or the winner of the sec if they have one loss. i still think the strength of schedule would keep florida or auburn ahead of west virginia/louisville. o and for a prediction my bet is on louisville beating west virginia but its really just a toss up.
also if ohio st/michigan play again for national championship that would just...totally suck..

spencerspider
o and on lsu tennesse i got tennessee

cking
I got Tennessee also in a close game but if LSU loses then they are out of the SEC west race and will fold as the season nears.

forumcrew
if OSU michigan goes into like 3 OT's then i wouldnt mind them playing again for a national title i guess. Just think if lousville was totaly healthy how deadly they would be.

spencerspider
louisville would be better if they were fully healthy, i still think they will beat west v. though.

botankus
Just the opposite from last year, where it seemed every national game was at Baton Rouge, all of LSU's big games this year have and will be on the road. Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas coming up. They're 0-2 so far in those, and Tennessee is just as good, so I think Jamarcus Russell needs to put a little extra in Saturday's game. He's a great player and I admire the hell out of him, but he just didn't do enough against Auburn and Florida.

Saturday, he will be trying to do two things: Finally getting his team that huge win like the ones he had last year, and showing a little extra to NFL scouts.

spencerspider
he was stupid in that auburn game. i mean what the hell was he thinking not even throwing the ball in the endzone when its the last play of the game..thats one of the dumbest things ive seen him do though.

cking
looking on rivals LSU is a 3 point favorite at Tennessee.

spencerspider
thats interesting...lsu is favorite? tennessee should be pissed lol

botankus
I can honestly say I hadn't seen Louisville play this year until last night, and I watch college football all day on Saturdays. I was impressed. Not that WVU was a slouch, but Louisville was the better team.

BloodyHell222
what would be so bad about michigan vs. ohio state for the national championship? they're both at least 200 points above the number 3 team in the bcs... if ohio state lose's to michigan... a one loss ohio state or a one loss michigan deserves to play for the title over an undefeated louisville, especially if the mich-OSU game is a close one. Just based on the fact that that they both have tougher schedules than louisville..

But over all of that the BCS sucks ass. Its time for a 12 team playoff, where the top 4 seeds get a bye. That's the only way all the bullshit is going to go away.

botankus
If the team that lost won the second time around, you'd hear more complaining than actual game coverage. I might watch it the first time around, and that's about it. Not a huge Big 10 guy. Not 'cause it's not good football, but because I have lots of ties to Big East, SEC, & ACC teams, and there's only so many hours in a day that they get the preferred games on my set.

But about the system, this would be a perfect year (um, so would every other year, too) for a 16-team playoff. Imagine Tennessee, Texas, USC, Michigan, Louisville, Ohio State, Auburn, Florida, and others thrown into the mix. It would be unbelievable. I wouldn't leave the house in late December. Except for X-mas. Maybe.

BloodyHell222
16 teams is to many teams IMO. I don't think in any given year there are 16 teams worthy of a chance. 12 teams is good because u need to give an advantage to the top teams and give them a bye week.. in the case of my suggestion 4.. ohio state, michigan, louisville, and florida. that way u get 4 games 2 weeks in a row, and conventional thinking says u get the top 8 teams in the second week. a playoff system would be so much better for the university's. u could still have bowl games and there would be so much more profit for the t.v. people, the college people, and the advertising people. WHY wouldn't they do it.

botankus
Okay, I could go with 12. That would get rid of 6 bowl games and let the 26 bowl games be played on the weeknights of Dec. 8 or so through Dec. 30, while the Playoffs (you'll need 4 weeks for a 12-team playoff) play on the weekends starting Dec. 10 or so and ending Jan. 2. And start the NFL wildcard games the following weekend.

BloodyHell222
Okay, I could go with 12. That would get rid of 6 bowl games and let the 26 bowl games be played on the weeknights of Dec. 8 or so through Dec. 30, while the Playoffs (you'll need 4 weeks for a 12-team playoff) play on the weekends starting Dec. 10 or so and ending Jan. 2. And start the NFL wildcard games the following weekend.

OMG that would be the most perfect situation in the history of football, that would make me wanna watch college football like 10 billion times more than i already do. as i said.. so much more money is to be made with a playoff. Also, teams won't have to wait a month or more to play 1 game. i think it would make fans alot happier too, how have they not done this yet... there's so much to be gained

botankus
It would be a football explosion without extending either the NCAA or NFL seasons. The only lost games would be the December Saturday NFL games, but that's no big deal.

I must be missing something. I don't see how you can make less money with 11 games than with 4. Obviously someone's got someone by the nuts, and all for the sake of $$$$. And they can't break free just yet.

BloodyHell222
What it all comes down to is... 93 percent of college football fans hate the BCS year in and year out. where is the other 7 percent you ask.. the fans of the top two teams in BCS poll

botankus
And the guys raking in the cash.

BloodyHell222
true that.. true that. but they would definately be making much much MUCH more with a playoff. its so sad that its taking so long for them to realize that. but hey, they made the BCS so they must be somewhat retarded

cking
any type of playoffs does sound good but the bowl games are too much of a money making deal to abandon. The BCS will never be perfect, sometimes they screw teams sometimes they are right on the money that is just part of college football. back in the mid sixties did you know that they gave the National title trophy to their team before the games were played? they named Alabama the national champs before they lost to Texas and ended the season 10-1. while on the other hand Arkansas beat Nebraska 10-7 in the cotton bowl and was the only unbeaten team in the country at 11-0. Alabama won the AP poll while Arkansas won the now defunct Grant land Rice poll named after a well known coach. both teams won half a title instead when Arkansas should have won it all. does that sound fair? of course it doesn't naming the national champ before the game is played is much more worse than the BCS and after that season they named the champion after the games are played not before. they really should do a playoff system it is the only way to really determine who the real champion is but the money deal with the bowls will not let that happen too much money at stake to just give it away. eventually the big talk about the BCS will wear down the fans because people will be used to some teams being screwed here and their and being right once in awhile and once that is done then I can see the playoffs coming but not sooner than expected. it is all about the money and somehow they will do it, maybe just through TV alone.

spencerspider
I believe that Florida if they win out should go. I hate the bcs cuz it always messes someone up..this year if ohio state and michigan play twice (nat championship) i will be so pissed.. then u can have a messed up year again cuz the loser of the first gets a second chance..anyway florida or lousiville in my opinion should go to the national championship if they win out, and of course they would play the winner of ohio state/michigan

BloodyHell222
louisville vs. ohio state for the national championship.. but i'll go ahead and say.. that if rutgers beats louisville, they should move into the top 5 in the BCS regardless... they still have to play WVU too so if they win both of those games... i say toss up with florida.. with florida more than likely winning the toss up. Will Rutgers beat louisville and WVU... probably not.. but i'm hoping something dumb happens to get them to institute a playoff for next year.. because i couldn't hate the BCS more.

spencerspider
i hate bcs too. the way i see it is louisville loses, so florida vs ohio state/mich winner..if they stay undefeated till then..but then again they dont play anybody any good so they should be undefeated by nov 18

Lord Evolution
I dont want to come off as a hypocrite since I wasnt complaining when USC and OU played for the title and left Auburn out but I never stated that the BCS was perfect.

So I think there should be a playoff, and not just between the top 4 like some analyst think, but I think it should be between the top 16. 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 and so on and so forth.

spencerspider
yea 16 is the easiest way to go. or 12- with top 4 having a bye.

cking
Auburn had too easy of a non conference schedule in 04. Western Carolina is a division 1-AA team and too many of those on the schedule going unbeaten will be used against you. back in 04 the rule was that any win against 1-AA teams will NOT count towards a bowl bid and since then the rule has changed and it counts now. Auburn should have scheduled a respectable program maybe a team a top 25 team and if that would have happened then they would face USC instead of Oklahoma. Auburn didn't get screwed, they screwed themselves, all they had to do was follow a simple rule and not schedule cupcakes that don't count.

spencerspider
well...u see point is they r in the TOUGHEST conference in football. they did get screwed. why schedule another very tough game when u go through hard games every week. u never know who might get upset in the SEC. cking, usc doesnt play nowhere near as tough a schedule as auburn, and neither does OU. auburn went undefeated and got screwed that year.

Lord Evolution
They got screwed in the sense that they wasn't playing for the national championship, but OU and USC were undefeated that year, and I believe Utah was also, there might have been another one but you can make a case for them not being there, but you cant say OU or USC didnt deserve to play for the national championship. The only way to solve this BCS shit is to have a playoff system.

ETA: USC is putting a hurting on Stanford right now(not that it will help them) but if USC wins out and Michigan loses to OSU or whoever they have left on there schedule then USC should be playing in the national title game. They have Notre Dame #9 , Cal #10, Oregon #22, and UCLA. That right there would be enough to put them #1 if OSU and Michigan both had 1 loss. Although Louisville might have something to say about that.

spencerspider
lousiville and florida.. they both could beat USC. and i never said USC and OU didnt deserve to play, but auburn got screwed over cuz they had a good chance to win it that year. USC should not play in the nat. champ this year. they have struggled with crappy teams and got beat by oregon state. either florida or lousville should play ohio state/michigan

Lord Evolution
I know they got beat by Oregon state, but seeing as how they play 2 top 10 teams and a top 25 team they could very well be in the title game if they beat them, so in the end they would deserve the bid.

spencerspider
i still think in this case florida had the tougher schedule so they should go. and if louisville goes undefeated...well they really didnt play anyone but west v. and rutgers...florida has played tennessee, lsu, auburn, georgia ( yea they rnt that good but it is a rivalry) vanderbilt as u saw yesterday they are not a pushover, south carolina who really is better than most thought, and fsu which they should win but again thats a rivalry...usc is in the pac-10. they really should not struggle beatin those teams. i believe that florida this year is a better overall team than USC and should go to the national championship if they dont lose again. even if lousiville goes undefeated once again they havent really had a tough schedule

cking
you didn't read my post clearly did you? I said that they didn't follow the NCAA rules that year and not scheduling any division 1-AA teams, but they did and paid the price for it. that win against the citadel(sorry about that was thinking of the Alabama schedule) did count as a win but not toward any bowl bids and it won't look good for any team in the BCS if your non conference schedule is full of cupcakes and one of those don't even count. the rules about that often changed every year. here is the schedule from 2004:

1. Louisiana Monroe won 31-0
2. Mississippi state won 43-14
3. LSU won 10-9
4. the citadel(division 1-AA team) won 33-3
5. Tennessee won 34-10
6. Louisiana tech won 52-7
7. Arkansas won 38-20
8. Kentucky won 42-10
9. ole miss won 35-14
10. Georgia won 24-6
11. Alabama won 21-13

SEC championship game
Tennessee won 38-28

Nokia sugar beat Virgina tech 16-13 to end the season 13-0.

here is the strength of schedule for the SEC teams that year:

1. Arkansas-22 in nation record 4-7
2. tennessee-23 in nation record 10-3
3. georgia-28 in nation record 10-2
4. LSU-32 in the nation record 9-3
5. Kentucky-36 in the nation record 2-9
6. ole miss-44 in the nation record 4-7
7. Florida-49 in the nation record 7-5
8. Auburn-51 in the nation record 13-0
9. south Carolina-52 in the nation record 6-6
10. Vanderbilt-58 in the nation record 2-9
11. miss st.-60 in the nation record 3-8
12. Alabama-66 in the nation record 6-6

do you notice the trend with teams that have losing records or mediocre years have the cupcake schedules except for Auburn? you cannot have a schedule that is in the lower half of the SEC with weak Louisiana teams and a game that doesn't even count and expect to go to the NT game. I know that it is tough in the SEC but it is ridiculous to try to go overboard with the cupcakes. if a program is going to get any better and make a name for itself then they must schedule tough teams, win or lose they learn their mistakes and get better from it and playing the same crappy teams every year will not make a team any better and the results are always the same. your question regarding the OU schedule and USC schedule:

USC

1. Virginia tech 24-13
2. Colorado st. 49-0
3. BYU 42-10
4. Stanford 31-28
5. CAL 23-17
6. Arizona st. 45-7
7. Washington 38-0
8. Washington st. 42-12
9. Oregon st. 28-20
10. Arizona 49-9
11. notre dame 41-10
12. UCLA 29-24

orange bowl beat Oklahoma 55-19 to end the season 13-0

here is the strength of schedule which is number 5 overall

1. Arizona st. 2 in nation record 9-3
2. Oregon st. 3 in nation record 7-5
3. Arizona 4 in nation record3-8
4. notre dame 7 in nation record 6-6
5. Stanford 8 in nation record 4-7
6. Washington 9 in nation record 1-10
7. BYU 11 in nation record 5-6
8. Cal 16 in nation record 10-2
9. UCLA 19 in nation record 6-6
10. Washington st. 20 in nation record 5-6
11. Colorado st. number 25 in nation record 4-7
12. Virgina tech number 48 record 10-3

PAC-10 teams have to beef up the non conference schedule because the conference itself isn't tough enough but then again a strong non conference and a few good conference teams is the difference in the overall ranking. USC may not have a tough conference schedule but they do schedule some tough teams in the beginning of the year just to help them in the BCS standings and overall standing. their overall schedule is not as weak as people think.

Oklahoma schedule:
1. bowling green 40-24
2. Houston 63-13
3. Oregon 31-7
4. Texas tech 28-13
5. Texas 12-0
6. Kansas st. 31-21
7. Kansas 41-10
8. Oklahoma st. 38-35
9. Texas A&M 42-35
10. Nebraska 30-3
11. Baylor 35-0

big 12 championship game against Colorado won 42-3

orange bowl lost 55-19 against USC to end the season at 13-1

here is the strength of schedule which is 10 in the nation overall:

1. Texas A&M number 1 record 7-5
2. Texas tech number 12 record 8-4
3. Oklahoma st. 13 record 7-5
4. Texas number 17 record 11-1
5. Baylor number 18 record 3-8
6. Kansas number 21 record 4-7
7. Oregon 24 record 5-6
8. Kansas st. 26 record 4-7
9. Nebraska 50 record 5-6
10. Houston 61 record 3-8
11. bowling green 117 record 9-3

Oklahoma's conference schedule is slightly weaker than Auburn's schedule but their non conference schedule which includes bowling green, Oregon, and Houston are much stronger opponents than auburn's Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana tech, and the citadel and the same is with USC. this is why Auburn couldn't make it because the overall schedule is just too weak and the penalty for scheduling a division 1-AA team in the citadel. if Auburn could have an Oregon like team that is competitive and maybe a team like TCU or maybe a solid team from the big 12 then their schedule would be much tougher and they won't have to sweat it out going to the big game but instead they picked a team that doesn't even count towards a bowl which makes them one game short. Auburn tried to find a easy way out but in the they screwed themselves not the BCS.

botankus
Good posts, everyone, but you guys might want to consider structuring your posts so the rambling doesn't all mesh together and make people want to skip over it. Meh, I'm just a nit-picker from the General Discussion Forum. Sorry - it's habit.

The Tennessee / LSU game was the second best college game I've seen this year. Though I would have watched it until the end anyway, that's the kind of game you couldn't turn off no matter if a code red emergency was going on inside your house.

I've gotten a good read of many games this year and I've decided that I don't like the rule that keeps the clock running on a change of possession. In far too many games, teams are out of it when they stop the other team on third down with over a minute left!! I'd say keep the rule but make it how it used to be when it gets under 2 or 5 minutes.

cking
I think a better idea should be is that more college football threads should be made in the sports forum instead of one big one, so that it won't jumble up and become confusing. the only good thing about random posts is that if it is fact then you then go back and get answers if you have a question. even if it doesn't go with the flow of the thread. I could start new ones if no one else is going to.

I watched the LSU and Tennessee game and talent prevailed in the second half, you can tell who has the play makers and who doesn't. Tennessee couldn't stop LSU's passing attack. their defense isn't that good against great players. they still have to play Arkansas at Fayetteville this Saturday which ESPN game day is making the trip. they still have to stop both Felix Jones and Darren McFadden and so far the SEC is being trampled. If they can't slow those two down then they aren't going to win the game unless the Arkansas secondary can't stop the passing game which I think they will have problems since one of their safeties which was all SEC in track got hurt and is out for the year. Arkansas has to find a way to stop the passing game. this game will be much more exciting than the game before because I think it will result in a shootout. LSU plays Alabama at home next Saturday and you know that Alabama lost to miss st. that was on a 23 game conference losing streak before the win. LSU won't win this game easily because Alabama always played them tough and if they do lose then they are completely out of the SEC west picture. if Alabama wins and beats Auburn in the Iron bowl then this might save Mike Shula's job, right now Alabama fans are trying to find a way to dig up Bear Bryant's grave.

yeah I don't like that rule either. some rules are just better to be left alone. I guess it is a great way to kill comebacks.

Röland
Rutgers just upset Louisville 28 - 25.

This definately opens up the BCS a bit.

DanZeke25

botankus
So let me see if I got this straight...

Now that Louisville is history, and the point differential between OSU/MICH is too far ahead of FLA and Auburn, unless Florida blows Arkansas (or Auburn) out of the stadium in the SEC Championship game, OSU/MICH are likely to play again for the BCS Title Game?

If so, that makes next weekend's OSU/MICH matchup meaningless! Am I right on this?

spencerspider
well...i think it depends on if ohio state/mich gets blown out..truthfully i think ohio state is going to kick some ass in that game. and seeing as how usc dropped quite a bit when they were right up there with ohio state/mich that if michigan loses lets say, that ohio state an florida play for championship...if florida can keep winning which i think arkansas is the only team that can beat them now. and did u see texas lose man that was funny

botankus
Southern California is #3 in the B.S.-er, excuse me, BCS standings. They might be the only hope of not having a repeat OSU/MICH game, rendering the one this Saturday meaningless. Then again, it's Southern Cal.

Lord Evolution
Updated Rankings

1 Ohio State .977
2 Michigan .974
3 USC .870
4 Florida .850
5 Notre Dame .819
6 Rutgers .787
7 Arkansas .757
8 West Virginia .658
9 Wisconsin .643
10 Louisville .641
11 LSU .603
12 Boise State .554
13 Texas .517
14 Auburn .468
15 California .439

USC moves back to #3 in the rankings and most likely will play the winner of the OSU-Michigan game for the national title game. That's when they beat #15 and #5 Notre Dame and UCLA. Some tough games but I think we can get through it.

botankus
If USC can do all that, they deserve a shot. If not, it should be Florida if they are able to beat Arkansas in the SEC title game. Unless Michigan wins...err...damn, this is confusing!

botankus
Three things about last night's game:

1) The Revis punt return was one of the top 10 plays I have EVER seen in a game. The catch on the two-hopper, the fake-forward lateral, the crushing bowling pin-esque block by Kinder that took out two guys, the tip-toeing down the sidelines at midfield, the waiting on the blocks (that was awesome), the final blocks, the spin-move at the 5, and then the fatigued waltz into the end zone. If you haven't seen this replay, don't worry, it will be on the "Top Plays of the Year" segment on ESPN.

2) Slaton around the right side for 30. Slaton up the middle for 55. Slaton around the left side for 40. Slaton with the catch...he's still going...TD.

2) White around the right side for 30. White up the middle for 55. White around the left side for 40. White...he's still going...TD.

spencerspider
well i think USC loses to Cal, and obviously florida beats western carolina or whoever it is. the problem then comes in the sec championship. arkansas-florida, if they both have one loss, and lets say ohio state wins out after beating michigan, then i believe the winner of the SEC championship plays ohio state. i dont care if notre dame has one loss or not, i think even if arkansas wins they should jmp notre dame and play ohio state. and if florida wins well then of course they should play ohio state.

forumcrew
michigan/osu was a great game and it looks like a repeat for the championship (they are clearly the best 2 teams in the nation) USC may be able to steal that spot though by winning out. and they certainly have Cal under raps. Now that RUtgers proved they are in no way deserving of a title shot.. its USC or michigan and everyone else is out of the chase.

Lord Evolution
michigan/osu was a great game and it looks like a repeat for the championship (they are clearly the best 2 teams in the nation) USC may be able to steal that spot though by winning out. and they certainly have Cal under raps. Now that RUtgers proved they are in no way deserving of a title shot.. its USC or michigan and everyone else is out of the chase.

If USC is going to the title game it wouldnt be stealing a spot. If they beat Notre Dame they would be clearly the second best team in the country. Just look at who they beat, #7 Arkansas, #15 CAL, #24 Oregon, and if they win next week it would be #5 Notre Dame. They would be more deserving of a bid to the title game then Michigan.

ETA: Forgot, they also beat #23 Nebraska.

spencerspider
The hottest team right now is Arkansas I believe. They didn't have McFadden when USC beat them, which could have been the difference. OSU/MICH was a great game, however I don't wanna see it again. I think there are 4 teams left to win that #2 spot. USC - If they win out then yea they prob will go. Arkansas - If they beat Florida they might actually jump USC, I mean u never know with the BCS. Florida - same as Arkansas if they beat them then they could play in champ. Michigan - Depending on how far they drop, they could play again.

Lord Evolution
Updated BCS rankings

1 Ohio State 1.000
2 Michigan .926
3 USC .919
4 Florida .884
5 Notre Dame .820
6 Arkansas .807
7 West Virginia .717
8 Wisconsin .680
9 Louisville .677
10 LSU .643
11 Boise State .564
12 Auburn .534
13 Texas .533
14 Rutgers .481
15 Oklahoma .423

Even though I disagree with Michigan being #2, I would say that these are accurate. When USC beats Notre Dame that will catipult them up to #2 and put them in the national title game because I think OSU and Michigan have played there last game.

I will admit I got scared for a second there when I first saw Michigan #2, I was saying to myself, O here we go again it's 03-04 all over again when we got screwed out of the title game. But then I saw that it was only a tiny lead over USC and USC plays #5 Notre Dame, basically if they beat them they're in.

forumcrew
MIchigan was ahead of OSU in 4 of 5 computer polls (before their head to head meeting)

And the fact that USC's 1 loss is to Oregon state and Michigan's is to #1 OSU is still gonna be a big factor.

I said stealing a spot because I think Michigan is a better team, but if USC wins out they will and prolly should get that spot. If it ends up a rematch and Michigan wins a close one.. than well we need a third game.

Lord Evolution
And now we play the waiting game.

After this blowout, USC better be #2...

Lord Evolution
Updated BCS rankings

1 Ohio State 1.000
2 USC .946
3 Michigan .922
4 Florida .890
5 LSU .811
6 Louisville .762
7 Wisconsin .710
8 Boise State .674
9 Arkansas .662
10 Notre Dame .626
11 Auburn .618
12 Oklahoma .551
13 Rutgers .550
14 Virginia Tech .443
15 West Virginia .401

Does the "we going to the title game dance" ---> Happy Dance

All there is left is UCLA

spencerspider
USC is going to get beat if they play Ohio State.. Notre Dame sucks man I hate that USC jumped that high just for beating them. Maybe Florida or Arkansas will play Notre Dame in a bowl haha that would be funny.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by spencerspider
USC is going to get beat if they play Ohio State.. Notre Dame sucks man I hate that USC jumped that high just for beating them. Maybe Florida or Arkansas will play Notre Dame in a bowl haha that would be funny.

I'm not going to start predicting what's going to happen between OSU and USC until USC beats UCLA. I dont want to come out and say USC will win the national title game vs OSU then they end up getting beat by UCLA and not even go to the title game. SO I'll save my predictions til after next weeks game.

botankus
Yeah, UCLA pulled that major upset 2 years ago when USC was in the driver's seat.

Lord Evolution
Yeah, UCLA pulled that major upset 2 years ago when USC was in the driver's seat.

2 years ago would be during Leinart's time there and he only loss to 2 teams, CAL and Texas.

Pete Carrol is so amazing, I was one of many who didn't think they would be in this position this year. Except for the fact that ESPN picked them to go to the title game preseason and they were ranked #6 in the coaches polls coming into the season.

People were doubting that USC would be good because we lost Leinart, Bush, White and a lot of other starters. We don't even have a lot seniors on our team it's so amazing that were #2 in the BCS with only 1 week to go.

We still have the two best WR's in all of college football, Booty is a pretty accurate passer, C.J. Cable is coming into his own, our defense has improved from last year in the scoring department but we aren't getting as many turnovers as we would like.

Booty is most likely going to stay, I don't think he has shown pro scouts enough to really be a top 5 QB, win a championship this year, have a gret season next year and then all of a sudden he's top 2 in the draft and also a heisman trophy candidate.

And when he goes we still have Sanchez who is tall and accurate.

But I see now, we are an elite team and I think as long as we have Carrol we will always be in this position.....every single year.

botankus
Yeah, you're right about the UCLA thing. That was the year it was like 20-17 or something at some point and I was hoping UCLA could pull it off for Auburn's sake.

And Booty will definately be a Heisman candidate next year, though barring injury, I don't see anyone in the country keeping McFadden from running (literally) away with it. Kick returning, throwing, catching, running, you name it...that guy is a monster.

spencerspider
yea McFadden might be the best player right now, and if he stays, damn man arkansas is gonna be tough

cking
to bad so sad.....he will be back next year and most likely his last. He has a good chance of leaving the school becoming the all time leading rusher at arkansas. The record is 3500 yards held by Ben Cowins from 75-78. he already holds the single season rushing record at 1,485. He should win the Doak walker award this year. He is also just the seventh player ever in the SEC to rush for 1,000 yards in a season as a freshman last year. Backup felix jones isn't that far from his status and is only 20 yards or so from having over 1,000 yards himself.

botankus
Felix Jones is still better than all the backs in the SEC with the possible exception of Kenny Irons. That Razorback backfield is going to be a terror next year.

cking
he is better than Kenny irons is when he runs hard, sometimes he doesn't and he bounces to the outside and loses yards. unlike McFadden he runs straight ahead even the holes aren't open and still gets 2-3 yards. Felix ran pretty hard against LSU and got 137 yards and was ahead of McFadden until he got that 80 yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.

botankus
That's fine, I would rate them 1) McFadden, 2) Jones, and 3) Irons, too.

I just like what Irons brings to the table each week. He's a good fit for the type of ball-controlled offense the Tigers run. He reminds me a little of Kevin Jones.

Lord Evolution
Anyone else agree that Colt Brennan should win the Heisman?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145275

forumcrew
No, they just dont play the same level of competition OSU does. And troy smith still has a better TD/INT ratio. Yea his stats are impressive but its just not the same I mean everyone remembers what Timmy Chang did. Maybe colt will have a future, but as of now hes not even a top 10 QB prospect for the upcoming NFL draft.

Lord Evolution
So no matter what stats he puts up he's screwed?

I don't get that, so once he committed to that college he was out of the heisman race.

forumcrew
no once they committed to that schedule he pretty much was. He would have to do something not human to get it without playing a tougher schedule, not his fault but the general belief is in that system, with that schedule similar numbers could be duplicated, but people dont believe if you threw him into OSU he could duplicate Troy Smith's success.

spencerspider
Smith has quite a team around him though...this kid dont have much talent with him, well he has talent around him but not nearly as much as o Troy has

botankus
I don't get that, so once he committed to that college he was out of the heisman race.

Yes. It falls under the same reasoning that Rutgers and Boise State were eliminated from the National Championship before the season started. And maybe justifiably so.

forumcrew
yea and the heisman isnt what coach promised him. After Colt got kicked out of Colorado for breaking and entering and violating a girl, Hawaii's coach told him if he came to play for him he would make him the first QB taken in the nfl draft.

cking
it really depends on what school you play for and what record the team has. Most heisman winners come from teams that have won conference or the national title itself, I have never seen a heisman winner that came from a losing team. the competition really plays a big factor in it.

It is like you play for a division two school and you are a tailback that ran over 3,000 yards in a season and your team hasn't been beaten in three years. Should this person be in the heisman race? Compared this to a player that plays on a team like Oklahoma or some other elite team that had maybe a year similar to Adrian Peterson then the answer is NO. Why? because the level of competition, schools in division two and three don't have the athletes like division 1-A or 1-AA. Division two and three are basically upgraded high school teams, while division 1-A can be like a miniature NFL team.

Colt Brennan won't be able to win it because Hawaii plays in a weak conference such as the WAC and they are a redheaded stepchild compared to the elite teams of the college football world. even the most yards passing by a quarterback came from Hawaii but was never mentioned for the heisman race. Now if he played on a better team like Michigan or OSU then he would be in the same shoes as troy smith but the competition is going to be much tougher in the Big ten so he may not get nearly as much yards.

one thing bad about playing on a small to mid major team is that even if you are having a breakout season then how are you going to convince the pollsters to vote for you if they never heard of or even recognize your school? it would be like playing for a team such as Ohio and they would say, "why should I vote for a player that comes from a team such as Ohio, is this the only winning season they ever had." Now if was USC or notre dame then yeah they wouldn't have a problem voting for them because they are alot more recognized and prestigious than Hawaii. they will get much more respect than Hawaii.

It isn't his fault that he went to Hawaii, if the big boys don't want you then they don't want you. it depends on what potential college scouts see in players. some don't have the physical characteristics to play in big schools like in the SEC or BIG TEN but they get offered by smaller schools like Harvard or Rice that don't have great athletes. We will never know how good he would be if he played in a tougher conference or if his numbers will go up or down.

Lord Evolution
We will see if the voters think the same, I sure hope they don't.

spencerspider
reminds me of last year, until like the last 2 weeks, the running back from kentucky had put up great numbers but of course playing in the SEC kentucky lost mostly. he was actually right there with bush's stats until the last two weeks in all purpose yards, but no one talked about him

botankus
You live in Athens, spencerspider? Congrats on your win last week. That was a great last-minute drive. I went to GT, BTW.

Lord Evolution
Ok I'm getting worried....

Lord Evolution
Excuse me while I go kill myself....

forumcrew
and USC proves why they didnt deserve to be in the national championship game. Dont get me wrong USC is a very good team, they just arnt on the level of OSU. Now Michigan will get a second try or Florida (who i think stands a better chance than USC) will get a shot. Hell of a game by the Bruins.

Lord Evolution
and USC proves why they didnt deserve to be in the national championship game. Dont get me wrong USC is a very good team, they just arnt on the level of OSU. Now Michigan will get a second try or Florida (who i think stands a better chance than USC) will get a shot. Hell of a game by the Bruins.

Nice copy and paste, I know you had that little speech saved up in MS Word for weeks.

Lord Evolution
The only way I'm going to feel better is if OSU blows out whoever they play so I can say they would have never stood a chance, but as for now, my whole damn neighborhood is going crazy, I think I'm about to see a fight. I hope this Bruin fan gets his ass wooped. We just lost and this idiot is throwing it in our face.

WrathfulDwarf
Hell yeah! UCLA Babeh! Huge upset!

Take that Trojans. big grin

spencerspider
proof that USC shouldnt be there. now if florida wins which they are right now 31-21 they should go to the national championship damn DUDE DROPPED A PICK..anyway if florida wins they better go, and they stand a chance of upsettin Ohio State
and yes i live in athens and the GT-UGA game was good i was there. anyway GO GATORS

Lord Evolution
Quit saying proof that USC didn't belong there, No one on this earth is still making a case for them to be there. It was common sense that if they loss they wouldn't go, but I'm just baffled as to how they can knock off the most top 25 teams of any team in the nation and lose to 2 unranked teams.

Lord Evolution
Anyways Florida deserves to go to the title game.

Naz
I agree, Flordia should go, but I'm undecided as to whom they should play. I don't think Michigan should even get a bowl game because even though they are ranked high, they really haven't played any really good teams, and besides, they lost to Ohio already.
Anyway, go LSU.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Naz
I agree, Flordia should go, but I'm undecided as to whom they should play. I don't think Michigan should even get a bowl game because even though they are ranked high, they really haven't played any really good teams, and besides, they lost to Ohio already.
Anyway, go LSU.

Uhh they should play OSU......

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>