Who is the most valuable member of the JLA?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The title says it all.

UniOmni
WW. She bakes cookies

Darth Martin
Superman is the superhero symbol. Batman is an inspiration. WW is a warrior in it's pureness. Hal is willpower in it's finest. MM is the most diverse and loyal/wise. Plastic Man is comic-relief. Others? Feel free to post your opinions.

Validus
I was going to say GL but you felt the need to separate Hal and Kyle for some reason.

Darth Martin
If Superman quit the JLA the League would fall apart.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
I was going to say GL but you felt the need to separate Hal and Kyle for some reason.
So Hal then...

But really it's Batman and Superman.

Validus
Originally posted by Darth Martin
If Superman quit the JLA the League would fall apart.
What about all the times when Superman wasn't a member?

Darth Martin
I meant currently and common sense.

Lucid Lui
Martian Manhunter or Supes.

Validus
I meant all time and facts.

Skeets
Actually no.superman's really not that vital,maybe for sales but not for the team.

Draco69
Superman isn't essential to the JLA. Actually he hasn't been on the JLA teams much at all....

Darth Martin
WW is very diverse. She's wise, warrior, a lader and everything. I don't think Bats is the perfect example. Sure, he doesn't have any powers but he has contingency plans on evryone and is not a great leader or team player.

Darth Vicious
Superman is the superhero symbol. Batman is an inspiration. WW is a warrior in it's pureness. Hal is willpower in it's finest. MM is the most diverse and loyal/wise. Plastic Man is comic-relief. Others? Feel free to post your opinions.

I think WW's "pureness" was lost the day she killed Max Lord. MM is not even in the new line up. I think the most valuable member is Batman, he is pretty much the brains, strategist and if needs be he'll go to some extremes the other members wont. I dont think Hal is really that necessary, he hasn't been a member in so long, any member of the GL Corps could take his place.

Darth Martin
Batman is also somewhat of an inspiratiomn seeing how he has no powers. I just wish he was more of a team player.

Draco69
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think WW's "pureness" was lost the day she killed Max Lord. MM is not even in the new line up. I think the most valuable member is Batman, he is pretty much the brains, strategist and if needs be he'll go to some extremes the other members wont. I dont think Hal is really that necessary, he hasn't been a member in so long, any member of the GL Corps could take his place.

Maxwell Lord isn't the first man she's killed. She killed several agents of the Kobra. She's a pramatic warrior through and through. If you're a threat that knocking you out won't solve, she'll kill your ass....

Batman? Please.

It's either MM or Flash. The JLA always seems to fall apart without them....

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69
Superman isn't essential to the JLA. Actually he hasn't been on the JLA teams much at all....
Exactly. He didn't become a team mainstay until Grant Morrison revamped the concept. Until then he was in and out.

If we're talking who's most valuable as an overall character and team member, the answer is clearly J'onn. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Blair Wind
were the justice lords part of the comics? In JLU they happened because Flash died. Did that happen as canon? Because if it did....well then its the flash smile

Darth Vicious
Batman is still my pick but I see why some picked J'onn, I really dont understand why they didnt use him in the current line up, afterall he has been in every JLA incarnation (according to Wiki).

Validus
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Batman is still my pick but I see why some picked J'onn, I really dont understand why they didnt use him in the current line up, afterall he has been in every JLA incarnation (according to Wiki).
The current team looks like it was picked out of a hat. Black Lightning? I like Jefferson and all but get real.

Darth Vicious
The current team looks like it was picked out of a hat. Black Lightning? I like Jefferson and all but get real.

Probably for shock value or whatever. To me when anyone says JLA I instintively think of the big 3, MM, GL and Flash.

Tron
Originally posted by Blair Wind
were the justice lords part of the comics? In JLU they happened because Flash died. Did that happen as canon? Because if it did....well then its the flash smile

Nope, it it wasn't. The way it looked, the whole Flash thing was an excuse. Those events were gonna happen one way or another.

Anyway, back on the topic at hand...

pr1983
Wasn't this done before? If not then my apologies...

Everyone brings their own value to the team...

Superman is loved by the public, so him being on the team is a major step towards the league being accepted... plus he's an inspirational part of the team too... i mean, what hero doesnt respect superman?

Batman is batman... he's the human element (as in, no powers)... he's also (as someone else said) the one with morals that stretch further than everyones...

WW is the strong female... and the only person her ruthlessness comes second to is bats (and in places overtakes it)

MM is... well he's MM, versatility and intelligence personified...

Everyone else brings their own value to the team too, but imo the ones above are the most valuable (not in that order)

aton_ra
Superman is the one who keeps the holy trinity together, without the trinity JLA sucks.

eleveninches
Supes (if he's written properly)

Darth Vegas
Definitely Superman.

ankur29
definatelmy MM he is litterally the justice league swiss army knife , all the powers of superman and more , telpathic link he can make etc

Darth Martin
Great Opinoins More more and more.

Soujaboy
Superman, without him it would never sell.

Dinkus Mayhem
To me it comes down to 2 characters, Superman and J'onn. I think the Martian is more vital to the team though, at least from what I can tell.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by pr1983
Wasn't this done before? If not then my apologies... My most and least useful team members threads had the JLA in them.

I'm going to say Martian Manhunter or Flash.

DarkCrawler
Batman? Wasn't he just voted the least useful member of them all?

I say Martian Manhunter.

Doc Potato
MM has telepathy and aweome powers plus loyalty...

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
My most and least useful team members threads had the JLA in them.

I'm going to say Martian Manhunter or Flash.

Ah, thats probably it... thx... smile

galan7777777
id say wally

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Draco69

Thats really quite interesting in fact. I always seen the JLA as a chance to give D.C.'s other power houses a chance to shine. Therefore I've always seen Superman as an unnecessary luxury. Although he was pretty intrinsic to the Team through out the last Volume.

In answer to the original question id have to go with and Green lantern and at the moment that would have to be HAL. After Hal, id go with Batman although many dispute his necessity.

Tha C-Master
I've always seen MM or Flash as the glue of the team in a sense.

R.O.T. Yahman

I disagree. JLA one suggest that Tornadoe (When he returns to his Android body) will be given a major upgrade, and i see B.L. as a potential Jenny Sparks. You should see how useful she was to the original Storm Watch as a covert member. After reading 0 and 1 im really confident that 'Brad' knows what he is doing.

R.O.T. Yahman
Shite .... double post, please Ignore

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I've always seen MM or Flash as the glue of the team in a sense.

Flash was pratically a bench player through out the Waid and Morisson runs. sad

marvelprince
Gotta say Superman. Just from reading the Morrison arc where he speaks to the world about standing up to the white martians made me realize that a team like the JLA needs Superman. Not just for his power, but for what he represents. I mean wouldn't you want the guy who stands for Truth, Justice and all that stuff to be part of the Justice League?

Now in terms of straight practicality the guy who needs to be on this team is Batman. He's the go to guy for whenever something strange is going down and all of his resources just can't be beat

Darth Martin
Originally posted by marvelprince
Gotta say Superman. Just from reading the Morrison arc where he speaks to the world about standing up to the white martians made me realize that a team like the JLA needs Superman. Not just for his power, but for what he represents. I mean wouldn't you want the guy who stands for Truth, Justice and all that stuff to be part of the Justice League?

Now in terms of straight practicality the guy who needs to be on this team is Batman. He's the go to guy for whenever something strange is going down and all of his resources just can't be beat cosigned

Metalmanx
Flash.

He's arguably the most powerful JLA member. In my opinion, he is.

And he's pretty much always been there. When someone's getting roughed up, Flash comes in...in well...a flash, and saves the day.

Wouldn't the galaxy (or Earth, I can never remember) be destroyed right now if it wasn't for Flash's sole effort?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Flash was pratically a bench player through out the Waid and Morisson runs. sad He's always underrated, nothing new there...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.