Work

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I got a weekend job from my neighbor. I get to work in a bike shop, put out the lubes and bike stuff, get people's repaired bikes out for them, and have a lunch from Togo's for free (big big sandwiches and a soda)!

Aside from me having to stand up the whole time I'm there, it's a pretty good job. I'm not sure how much I'm being paid yet. I worked six hours today, and today is Friday.

BackFire349
i just started working at blockbuster, also a cool job aside from standing the whole time, i work tommorow and sunday 4 hours each day.

Captain REX
I have to work as long as they need me. I could have worked till 8:00, but they said I could leave at 5:40, so I left. A couple of my friends dropped in too. Not lookin for me though.

ToMacco
I work full time.

Just thinking about the that madness pisses me right off.

yerssot
good luck to y'all

mah
happy working

yerssot
*grabs drink*
*sits in beach chair outside*
*sets umbrella*
*puts on kewl sunglases*
*listens to music*
*relaxes*
now I know why I like holidays...
only if the bloody sun did a good job now!

mechmoggy
Whats wrong with having to stand?!? Is it too much for your frail little body or something. confused

keokiswahine
standing is hard on my back/legs. car accident many years ago. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
how bad is it?

Tex
I have to sit all the time, that really sucks, ass starts cramping.

finti
I am on my feet the entire work day, if I dont have superb shoes my feet hurts like hell. My fav work shoes are some Puma, they are just wonderfull, expensive as hell but worth every dime. Have some nice Nike`s as well

yerssot
I hibernate, sometimes I get up to grab some soda and some food and to heat myself on the warm glow of the computer.

keokiswahine
cramps up my leg nerves/muscles, lower back with pain. then I hafta sit for awhile to take the pressure of my legs/back. If I sit too long, then legs/back cramp up from sitting. can't win, so I always wiggle in my chair at work, get up and go to fax machine, copy machine, front counter, file cabinets, to keep muscles/nerves behaving. wink

yerssot
what about when you are watching a movie in the cinema?

Bad Boy
What do I do?

Sleep - record - homework - homework - homework - record - record - film review - homework - record - get pissed - sleep.

LaurenE147
I can't stand to stand up all the time. It gets hot and I'm a wimp. I only don't like to sit at work because I have to sit down all the time.

mechmoggy
I've been on-site today in another factory where they do powder coating. I've been standing near a camel back oven all day and its been quite hot outside. I think I've lost about a stone in weight today being there, plus I was on my feet all day too. sad

Thane Zereil
I have a 9 -5 job managing the North Essex Mental Health Complaints and Medical Records department, hey its just a temp job till uni starts again in September

mechmoggy
Are you allowed one of those comedy posters on your wall saying, "You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps!".

That's the type of thing that would make me giggle. (The irony, not the humerous poster that is)

Captain REX
I can't stand all the time either, but I do like sitting down all the time. Exact opposite when playing soccer unless I'm injured.

LaurenE147
Poor injured Rexxy. *pats him preemptively for his ouchies*

Gundark
I'm up and down from my desk all day and in and out of the office inspecting properties or doing research at the courthouse...always on the go. Work ! Work ! Work ! The coffee helps though...

queeq
Starbucks I hope. wink

LaurenE147
Godiva is the best according to everybody that I know.

finti
Coffee sick

mah
..isn't any good

finti
at all...

Gundark
No Starbucks downtown. I work in AmishCityCentral, remember ?

laughing out loud

finti
so you drink milk... preferably from the cows not the bull (have Kingpin in mind) wink

mechmoggy
laughing out loud I love that film.

I recently gave up tea and coffee drinking at work. It was quite tough for the 1st two weeks but I'm cool with it now, I just drink mineral water and thats it. A nice cup of tea at the weekend feels like a real treat for me now.

Corran
Work eh, well I don't know what I'm doing but I keep getting paid for it.

Gundark
I can tell you what you're doing, you're sitting on your butt in that cockpit all day.... laughing out loud

finti
I am gonna poke out your eye balls you bald ***** Bill Murray in the fight when the lights goes out. And he is fighting a bowling ball* laughing out loud

Captain REX
Coffee sucks. Tastes gross and makes you stop growing up.

Bill Murray, fighting a bowling ball... laughing out loud laughing out loud

mechmoggy
My favourite bit is after Roy has saved his landlady from that mugger by throwing coffee over him and then he's in his flat with him again but this time the coffee is reeeeeally hot and when the landlady walks in he throws it over him again and says, "....what?.... you again....you crazy bastard!...". I use that line all the time. laughing out loud

finti
ah those nutty New England brothers sure have some funny flicks

LaurenE147
There was an Amish person in that movie too wasnt' there?

finti
Yes one of them was Amish, Randy Q big grin

mechmoggy
Was Gundy casted as an extra? stick out tongue

finti
evil face evil face The landlady/lord laughing out loud

Gundark
Hi Mech.

*SMACK*

mad

LaurenE147
You go gurl!

mechmoggy
Ooooh my, you know I like it when you get rough Gundy. wink big grin

Gundark
*smacks forehead*

I stupidly play right into their hands every time.....

finti
rolling on floor laughing

Gundark
I've got to stop doing that.

finti
no you wont big grin

Gundark
I'll try being overly gentle then.

finti
ok......

Gundark
*puts on soft music*

*whispers*

You guys are bastards.

finti
and we are proud of it...

mechmoggy
Indeed. big grin

Gundark
I think I need to try something completely different.

mah
the ToMacco smacking machine is fixed and ready

Dexx
was it broked?

Gundark
Was it BROKED ? Dexx, that language is abominable !!!

http://www.forum-smilies.com/fun_15.gif

*gets out clown gun*

I'll try this.

finti
clown gun dont work on bastards big grin

mechmoggy
I am also immune to said Clown Gun. The only things that frighten me are clowns, mime artists and women looking into my eyes. eek!

Dexx
must say...never saw the effects of a clown gun. "Cause i'm a bastard

LaurenE147
*horn trumpets*

Introducing the Bastard Gun. It works on all Bastards. No matter if they have any other stupid qualities.

Corran
The bastard gun will not work on me, but that there clown gun might.

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Well then get out of that little volkswagen so I can get a clear shot at you.

Oh I can fix Mech too. Real good.

*starts sending signals for aliens to land outside Mech's bedroom window*

Now I'll just remove these pillows from his bed, thus leaving him defenseless.

finti
who is driving a kraut car??

Corran
That'll be me.

finti
big grin

Gundark
Say, Lauren...thats a nice looking bastard gun you've got there.

finti
too bad it doesnt work

Corran
Yup, no bastards here.

Dexx
yup...me neither.....*slowly steps away in nearest shadow*

Gundark
Its not like we're not giving you a choice.

You can be a bastard OR a clown.

finti
or queeq

Corran
The bastard clown.

finti
big grin

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

WAIT!?!? Who's stolen all my cushions and pillows? Oh dear god I'm in trouble now. sad

Gundark
*points past Mech's shoulder out window*

Whats that bright light out there ?

Corran
It's OK Mech's safe it's just me firing the DS laser at the Bastard and clown guns just to make sure.

Orpheus
I work a 8:30 ish to 5 ish job which can involve urgent off site trips or overtime. Sometimes I end up helping to decode old software and on other occasions i'm attemptint to fix customer hardware on site.

Varied is a very good description.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.