Link vs. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Swe_Bum
OK

Every one Think that Link can beat the most guys.. Can he Beat Dante?

Link can Have ALL hes items from Every Game EXCEPT for Healing Potions and Things that makes him Invincible (he can only use it for 30 seconds)

Dante Can have All Hes Things From Dmc 1, 2 and 3 but cant Go devil form

Discuss

IceJaw
These fights are retarded ermm

Burning thought
i think all threads within the last month or two are retarded IMO, their all boring SF sort of ones or constantly Link VS

Nikkolas
It seems more like it's vs. Dante that is popular. And Link would destroy Dante. All his items means Link could beat just about any other game character.

And hey, my threads weren't that dumb. Just no one posted in them and one was closed.

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by Nikkolas
It seems more like it's vs. Dante that is popular. And Link would destroy Dante. All his items means Link could beat just about any other game character.

Well i dont se him beting dante..erm

Burning thought
link wouldnt beat any game character, Kain would pwn him

Swe_Bum
laughing True!

kamikz
Hmmm well he is the Hero of time, but I don't think he could keep up with someone who can put on Devil trigger which moves almost so the people around him are frozen in time. If he has the triforce, he will win, he could most likley kill anyone with the full power (Kain is a question of course, but he could do other things with him, like beg the triforce to drain his powers, or trap him somewhere forever, or destroy Kain's world ruining the prophecystick out tongue). Anyway, without I don't see him winning, at least not easy in any way, with it he will.

Mr Dude
Dante wins. Come on. It's Dante, guys.

Kaled
Dante, Link good no doubt, but as Mr Dude says..... its Dante people stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Originally posted by kamikz
Hmmm well he is the Hero of time, but I don't think he could keep up with someone who can put on Devil trigger which moves almost so the people around him are frozen in time. If he has the triforce, he will win, he could most likley kill anyone with the full power (Kain is a question of course, but he could do other things with him, like beg the triforce to drain his powers, or trap him somewhere forever, or destroy Kain's world ruining the prophecystick out tongue). Anyway, without I don't see him winning, at least not easy in any way, with it he will.

Ganon had the Triforce and Link defeated him. Fact is the Triforce wouldn't help Link defeat Dante.

Dante is far faster then Link and really Link wouldn't take down Dante.

kamikz
Ganon didn't have it to wish "kill Link" but he instead wanted Hyrule. Totally different....

Emperor Ashtar
If link has all his equipment,dante will die. hell, ocarina of time link can kill dante.

kamikz
I wouldn't be so sure. Dante is faster and he has the advantage of having new age equipment like guns.

Emperor Ashtar
I wouldn't be so sure. Dante is faster and he has the advantage of having new age equipment like guns.

Nayru's love can handle his fire arms easily, and his speed advantage isn't too much of a threat of link has the bunny hood or peagusus boots.

kamikz
Link by OOT doesn't have either, at least his Bunny Hood by that point is just a normal mask, not an enhancement.
His Nayrus Love was significantly decreased for this match, it won't last for long. Dante can still jump higher and is much faster with his devil trigger.

Emperor Ashtar
Link by OOT doesn't have either, at least his Bunny Hood by that point is just a normal mask, not an enhancement.
His Nayrus Love was significantly decreased for this match, it won't last for long. Dante can still jump higher and is much faster with his devil trigger.

And Dante is also susceptible to the master sword and light arrows because he's a demon. also, the mirror shield will simply reflect his attacks. Link can use a deku nut to stun him and attack. Link is way more versatile than Dante, I don't see Dante winning.

Hell, if link has the triforce it's over.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
And Dante is also susceptible to the master sword and light arrows because he's a demon. also, the mirror shield will simply reflect his attacks. Link can use a deku nut to stun him and attack. Link is way more versatile than Dante, I don't see Dante winning.

Hell, if link has the triforce it's over.

You mean like how the Mirror Shield reflected Ganondorf's attacks? Or how the Deku Nut stunned Ganondorf?

TricksterPriest
This is idiotic. There is no way for Dante to win under these rules. You give Link ALL his items and yet you don't let Dante go devil trigger? This match is a joke. In a straight fight, Dante would probably win. But with all of Link's powers and none of Dante's, he's ****ed.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is idiotic. There is no way for Dante to win under these rules. You give Link ALL his items and yet you don't let Dante go devil trigger? This match is a joke. In a straight fight, Dante would probably win. But with all of Link's powers and none of Dante's, he's ****ed.

Please this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPR8bBmUYlg

isn't even Dante at his best. OoT Link can't win.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by ESB -1138
You mean like how the Mirror Shield reflected Ganondorf's attacks? Or how the Deku Nut stunned Ganondorf?

Most likely it was because ganon had the triforce of power.

ESB -1138
Most likely it was because ganon had the triforce of power.

Like those Octotrats or whatever they're called. Those octpus like things that pop out of the water and spit stones. The Mirror Shield didn't reflect that. The Deku Nuts didn't stun those Skull soldiers or Lizard soldiers either. (I forgot all the names of the enemies in Zelda)

UniOmni
Link puts on the mask of Ancient Diety...........He transforms and murders Dante.

Emperor Ashtar
Like those Octotrats or whatever they're called. Those octpus like things that pop out of the water and spit stones. The Mirror Shield didn't reflect that. The Deku Nuts didn't stun those Skull soldiers or Lizard soldiers either. (I forgot all the names of the enemies in Zelda)
That's because the attacks from the octorocks break upon impact. And the mirror sheild reflects mostly energy. And stalfos (Skull soldiers) have sheilds, same with lizardlos.

kamikz
Really, because those things don't work on enemies is gameplay. They want it to be challenging, and they can't program every single character in the game to have the same effect delt on them.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Burning thought
link wouldnt beat any game character, Kain would pwn him

is that all you think about? messed

as much as I like Link, Dante is too damn good he even took a bullet to the forehead and shook it off, doubt Link could do that

kamikz
Link could put on the giants mask and stomp him to death, though Dante would probably be able to dodge that. Link with all his items isn't really fair though...

Swe_Bum
ok.. Dante can use Devil Trigger.. fair now?

Kaithen
Giant mask... Yay... stomp stomp.... Yay.... Dante is dead, solong Dante

Kaithen
Giant mask... Yay... stomp stomp.... Yay.... Dante is dead, solong Dante

TricksterPriest
Dude, don't double post. And yeah. Link takes this way too easily still. You have to remove some of his items. Like I said in the Link vs. Cloud and Sephiroth thread, he has possibly 16 bottles. That's 16 fairies. Not even counting things like the fierce deity mask.

Emperor Ashtar
Lets not forget about the wand of ages that allows you to go back in time.

kamikz
Dude, don't double post. And yeah. Link takes this way too easily still. You have to remove some of his items. Like I said in the Link vs. Cloud and Sephiroth thread, he has possibly 16 bottles. That's 16 fairies. Not even counting things like the fierce deity mask.

It was a miss by him, he didn't actually mean it, his internet probably cracked up. No one states the same thing twice. wink

He said no healing items, which means no 16 bottles with fairys etc.

Emperor Ashtar
It was a miss by him, he didn't actually mean it, his internet probably cracked up. No one states the same thing twice. wink

He said no healing items, which means no 16 bottles with fairys etc.

He still wins

TricksterPriest
Oops. Forgot that. Good call dude. But he still wins. How does Dante stop the FD mask?

Emperor Ashtar
Oops. Forgot that. Good call dude. But he still wins. How does Dante stop the FD mask?

Devil trigger

ESB -1138

FD Link isn't any powerful. In fact he would limit his powers to only a sword. Dante would WTFpwn Oni-Link.

That's because the attacks from the octorocks break upon impact. And the mirror sheild reflects mostly energy. And stalfos (Skull soldiers) have sheilds, same with lizardlos.

And the Lizardlos I faced didn't have shields. All they did was cover their faces. And bullets wouldn't be reflected by a Mirror Shield.

Emperor Ashtar

And the Lizardlos I faced didn't have shields. All they did was cover their faces. And bullets wouldn't be reflected by a Mirror Shield.

The lizardlos either have sheilds or cover their eye's, link wins.

ESB -1138
The lizardlos either have sheilds or cover their eye's, link wins.

Link does not win. Link doesn't have the speed or the power to take on Dante. This is Dante before Devil May Cry 1. This isn't even Dante at his best. Dante would just shoot Link in the head.

Emperor Ashtar
Link does not win. Link doesn't have the speed or the power to take on Dante. This is Dante before Devil May Cry 1. This isn't even Dante at his best. Dante would just shoot Link in the head.

How many zelda games have you played? seriously, not enough power?!

ESB -1138
How many zelda games have you played? seriously, not enough power?!

Link does not have enough power. Dante can easily dodge those light arrows Link fires. Link is no where near the level of Dante. Link doesn't have the speed, strength, or power to stand up to Dante with or without the Fierce Diety mask.

Emperor Ashtar
Link does not have enough power. Dante can easily dodge those light arrows Link fires. Link is no where near the level of Dante. Link doesn't have the speed, strength, or power to stand up to Dante with or without the Fierce Diety mask.

Based on what, when has dante demonstrated higher strength than link?

ESB -1138
Based on what, when has dante demonstrated higher strength than link?

You mean besides Dante wielding a motorcycle with one hand like it was a baseball bat?

Don't forget that Dante moved fast enough to dodge bullets. Don't forget Quick Silver which allows Dante to slow down time.

Emperor Ashtar
You mean besides Dante wielding a motorcycle with one hand like it was a baseball bat?

Don't forget that Dante moved fast enough to dodge bullets. So what, I fall to see your point. Link had enough strength to lift an obelisk sized boulder with the golden gaulents.When has dante ever done something like that?

ESB -1138
So what, I fall to see your point. Link had enough strength to lift an obelisk sized boulder with the golden gaulents.When has dante ever done something like that?

After image - Spawns a second shadow version of Dante who will mimic your attacks as you perform them, and can be set to attack simultaneously, or with a delay of half a second or one second. Like Quicksilver, this drains Devil Trigger energy at a slow rate. When active, this also allows a second player to control the shadow version of Dante for as long as the effect lasts, if desired. Inserting a second controller and pressing Start will enable two-player mode.

Tornado - Knock the enemy into the air, then follow them, kicking hundreds of times at lightning speeds.

Volcano - Slam the ground with your fist to create a small super-nova.

Time Lag - Slows down time for enemies while you are still able to move at normal speed. This slowly consumes Devil Trigger energy, but the Devil Trigger ability can be used at the same time. Time Lag is well suited for dealing with tough bosses, repelling large groups of enemies, or racking up Style combos.

Acid Rain - Shoots multiple laser beams into the air which come raining down on enemies.

Air Trick - Disappear and reappear above an enemy's head, ready to strike.

Okay these are SOME of Dante's abilities. Umm what has Link got over Dante?

Emperor Ashtar
After image - Spawns a second shadow version of Dante who will mimic your attacks as you perform them, and can be set to attack simultaneously, or with a delay of half a second or one second. Like Quicksilver, this drains Devil Trigger energy at a slow rate. When active, this also allows a second player to control the shadow version of Dante for as long as the effect lasts, if desired. Inserting a second controller and pressing Start will enable two-player mode.

Tornado - Knock the enemy into the air, then follow them, kicking hundreds of times at lightning speeds.

Time Lag - Slows down time for enemies while you are still able to move at normal speed. This slowly consumes Devil Trigger energy, but the Devil Trigger ability can be used at the same time. Time Lag is well suited for dealing with tough bosses, repelling large groups of enemies, or racking up Style combos.

Acid Rain - Shoots multiple laser beams into the air which come raining down on enemies.

Okay these are SOME of Dante's abilities. Umm what has Link got over Dante?
Time travel
Time lag
Speed up time
Weather control
Super strentgh
Super speed
Light Arrows that can destroy Evil
Master Sword that Can destroy Evil
Whirling blade
Turn into a gaint
Reflect enrgy shoots
Teleport
Magic bommerrang that can he can use to lock on to his enemy's
Shrink to microscopic size's
Projectile blade
Reflect enegrgy shots with whirling blade
Float in thin air
Ressurect the dead
fly with a cape

These are some of links powers.

ESB -1138
Time travel: Not really. Just 7 years for OoT and 3 days for MM. Seems like Link has selected travel.
Time lag: I have never seen enemies go slower or bosses
Speed up time: To a certain time of day
Weather control: making it rain doesn't help
Super strentgh
Super speed: When? The bunny hood? That is not super speed
Light Arrows that can destroy Evil: Dante dodges bullets
Master Sword that Can destroy Evil: Dante dodges bullets
Whirling blade: Whoa. Amazing that Link can spin around. Hey guess what so can Dante!!
Turn into a gaint: Hey Dante killed a giant! And that takes magic
Reflect enrgy shoots: Not bullets
Teleport: To selected areas unlike Dante who will appear over theire head
Magic bommerrang that can he can use to lock on to his enemy's: And Dante avoids bullets
Shrink to microscopic size's: Dante can step on him
Projectile blade: Shotgun
Reflect enegrgy shots with whirling blade: Not bullets
Float in thin air: If you mean hover boots that last very little. If you mean the leaf Adult Link would be too heavy and even then he's open to an attack
Ressurect the dead: When was this?
fly with a cape: When was this?

Kaled
i'm sure its the OoT link only

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
OK

Every one Think that Link can beat the most guys.. Can he Beat Dante?

Link can Have ALL hes items from Every Game EXCEPT for Healing Potions and Things that makes him Invincible (he can only use it for 30 seconds)

Dante Can have All Hes Things From Dmc 1, 2 and 3 but cant Go devil form

Discuss

Emperor Ashtar
Time travel: Not really. Just 7 years for OoT and 3 days for MM.
How many zelda games have you played, in this battle he's allowed all his weapons including time travel from oracle of ages.

Seems like Link has selected travel.

Game restriction obviously, if he can slow down movements of people in clocktown your telling me he can't slowdown dante?

Speed up time: To a certain time of day.

Weather control: making it rain doesn't help .
Try summoning whirlwinds and storms.
Super strentgh

Super speed: When? The bunny hood? That is not super speed .

Um, yeah it is, hell as a goron link can go even faster.

Light Arrows that can destroy Evil: Dante dodges bullets .

Dante's also been hit by bullets, bad logic, these aren't odinary arrows obviously.

Master Sword that Can destroy Evil: Dante dodges bullets .

But, get's punched by beowolf, I guess beowolf can punch faster than the speed of sound?

Whirling blade: Whoa. Amazing that Link can spin around. Hey guess what so can Dante!! .

Nothing constructive to say.

Turn into a gaint: Hey Dante killed a giant! And that takes magic.

ABC logic, so, because dante beats gaints he can beat gaint link?

Reflect enrgy shoots: Not bullets .

He would stop them dead in there tracks, and artemis is enegry. If dante uses it, it's reflected.

Teleport: To selected areas unlike Dante who will appear over theire head .

Since when does dante have precog?

Shrink to microscopic size's: Dante can step on him

Since when can you squish microbes?

Projectile blade: Shotgun

That doesn't make it any stronger.

Ressurect the dead: When was this?
fly with a cape: When was this?

Play more zelda games, it's obvious if you played the game.

ESB -1138
How many zelda games have you played, in this battle he's allowed all his weapons including time travel from oracle of ages.
Game restriction obviously, if he can slow down movements of people in clocktown your telling me he can't slowdown dante?
Try summoning whirlwinds and storms.
Super strentgh
Um, yeah it is, hell as a goron link can go even faster.
Dante's also been hit by bullets, bad logic, these aren't odinary arrows obviously.
But, get's punched by beowolf, I guess beowolf can punch faster than the speed of sound?
roll eyes (sarcastic)
ABC logic, so, because dante beats gaints he can beat gaint link?
He would stop them dead in there tracks, and artemis is enegry. If dante uses it, it's reflected.
Since when does dante have precog?
Since when can you squish microbes?
That doesn't make it any stronger.
Play more zelda games, it's obvious if you played the game.

It is obivous you are a Zelda fanboy to a max. Slowing down the flow of time in MM would slow down the people because everything that happens happens at a certain time of day. Notice that the kids who walk around or anyone else isn't effected by it expect those people who need to do a special event at a certain time of day.

Tune of Currents and Tune of Ages warps you from past to present and vise versa. Amazing.

Again all these things alone would kill Link. Goron Link's rolling ability isn't fast and it requires magic. And Link can't have no healing potions. Oh and they can be Fire Arrows or Ice Arrows or Light Arrows that doesn't mean they move faster then bullets. There is a reason why people went from bows to crossbows to guns.

Emperor Ashtar
It is obivous you are a Zelda fanboy to a max. Slowing down the flow of time in MM would slow down the people because everything that happens happens at a certain time of day. Notice that the kids who walk around or anyone else isn't effected by it expect those people who need to do a special event at a certain time of day.

What!, Everyone slows done in clock town when you slow time down. It's just game restriction prohibites certain things from slowing down. Seriously, by your logic I can say dante cannot shoot himself because he doesn't do it in game.

Tune of Currents and Tune of Ages warps you from past to present and vise versa. Amazing.

Last I check that's time travel, your basically down playing every feat I present as if dant spinning in the air during acid rain is any more impressive. That's what you call fanboyism.

Again all these things alone would kill Link. Goron Link's rolling ability isn't fast and it requires magic. And Link can't have no healing potions. Oh and they can be Fire Arrows or Ice Arrows or Light Arrows that doesn't mean they move faster then bullets. There is a reason why people went from bows to crossbows to guns.

What's your point again, yes it drains magic that doesn't mean he can't use magic. He simple cannot recover from using magic.
What point are trying to accomplish by naming dante's attacks and critisizing links, that fanboyism. I asked you a question and you failed to answer it several times Again, When has dante ever demonstrated strength on par with link?

Kaled
What!, Everyone slows done in clock town when you slow time down. It's just game restriction prohibites certain things from slowing down. Seriously, by your logic I can say dante cannot shoot himself because he doesn't do it in game.

Last I check that's time travel, your basically down playing every feat I present as if dant spinning in the air during acid rain is any more impressive. That's what you call fanboyism.

What's your point again, yes it drains magic that doesn't mean he can't use magic. He simple cannot recover from using magic.
What point are trying to accomplish by naming dante's attacks and critisizing links, that fanboyism. I asked you a question and you failed to answer it several times Again, When has dante ever demonstrated strength on par with link?

i'm not even following this and i can answer:

"When has dante ever demonstrated strength on par with link?"

Ashtar before asking a question scroll up in case its been mentioned before, saves alot of time

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Kaled
i'm not even following this and i can answer:

"When has dante ever demonstrated strength on par with link?"

Ashtar before asking a question scroll up in case its been mentioned before, saves alot of time

weilding a motorcycle means his strength on par?

Kaled

I asked you a question and you failed to answer it several times. Again like i said i don't really want to get involed here. I'm just pointing out he did answer it

Mr Dude
Didn't Dante kill god or somebody at the end of DMC? You have to be pretty tough to do that.
Link can be defeated by Talim.

Swe_Bum

EXCEPT for Healing Potions and Things that makes him Invincible (he can only use it for 30 seconds)
And that includes FAIRIES!!!! mad

kamikz
Link obviousley has the strenght edge. Not only does he wield the golden gauntlets which gives him TREMENDOUS strenght, like lifting a house sized boulder and tossing it over 20m up and away. Plus all the braclets he have from the other games....

Link has the four swords which will turn him into 4 DIFFERENT LINK's. That is better than some shadow. Plus the fact that Link can shoot swords out of his own sword. So having 4 different Link's shooting out swords each and every time they swing their swords is pretty hard to dodge.

Or he could simply use that box which sucks the opponent into it, then just stick his sword inside it and kill him...

Kaled
i thought you could only use the gloves to lift thing, not in fights confused

kamikz
Of course, if it allows you to lift things then it enhances your strenght and it will enhance it in a battle as well.

Mesirus
yes i but i thought you simple weren't able to use them in fights, it was lifting stuff only

IceJaw
Of course, if it allows you to lift things then it enhances your strenght and it will enhance it in a battle as well. Nope, damage wasn't enhanced one bit, not even with the last two gloves.

And listen to bum erm No healing shit.

ESB -1138
I still can't believe people think that Link can take Dante. All Dante has to do is QuickSilver to slow down Link and slice him in two.

kamikz
Originally posted by IceJaw
Nope, damage wasn't enhanced one bit, not even with the last two gloves.

And listen to bum erm No healing shit.

LOL! WTF. How can it enhance strenght ONLY when lifting? It is so freaking obvious that the other is gameplay, with them HE IS STRONG, ALL THE TIME!

And how the hell is gloves HEALING?

Kaithen
Giant mask.... wink Would that be enough to handle that little "half-demon".... And with the four sword, he would be able to get 4 links ;D... And with a fire rod, they rule all the way!!!!

ESB -1138

If something happens at noon in the game that event will happen at noon all the time. That means those characters with an event at a time of day will have to slow down in order to have the event occur.

Hey check it out! Those kids that play hide and seek with you are not effected at all! The jugglers haven't slowed down at all either! And hey neither have the dancers! But wait only those people that need to be at a certain place at a certain time have slowed down. What does that tell you? If Link could slow down time why didn't he do it against the bosses or Majora's Mask?

No what you are saying is just because Link can go to the past that means he can control time. No Link went to a certain time period through all his time travels which means his control over time is limited to certain periods.

Originally posted by Kaithen
Giant mask.... wink Would that be enough to handle that little "half-demon".... And with the four sword, he would be able to get 4 links ;D... And with a fire rod, they rule all the way!!!!

So Link is capable of wielding the Master Sword and the Four Swords and the Mirror Shield and the Hyrulian Shield at once? Not only that but it seems that Dante slowly down time doesn't mean anything.

kamikz
ESB is right at the point about slowing down time, people are taking it way to literally. Link slows the current flow of time, and if it would slow the people, it would also slow him. It just effects the time of day and night. It would be like saying that with the suns song that he suddenly speeded up time as hell for everyone making them move as fast as they would walk on an entire day..... Illogical.

But I don't agree with that ESB. Really, if Link is to carry all his weapons at once, he would drown in them. It is really impossible for having Link to have all weapons at once, so shouldn't we just have it that Link can equip his weapon when he wants to, like in the game? He doesn't need to wield them at once....

IceJaw
Giant mask.... wink Would that be enough to handle that little "half-demon".... And with the four sword, he would be able to get 4 links ;D... And with a fire rod, they rule all the way!!!! Does the giant mask make Link harder? It only makes him bigger and stronger, Dante could just cut off his left foot and say "TIMBER!!" or simply freeze time when the fight starts and mincemeat him before he gets to use anything or do anything. Dante has fought a giant lava scorpion so would a fire rod do some "ZOMG ****ING PWNZOR DAMAGE" to him? Hell no.
He even fought the last boss of DMC in a friggin active volcano!

Dante wins erm

Kaithen
You know the time you put on the giant mask? Those worms, looking gigantic are turning to a more normal. Comfortable size. Link is enormous, he wields a sword big as world trade center itself. You can feel it when he takes his steps, you can see it when he swings his sword. Link is bigger, his stronger and in a logical way he would be able to stand against bigger wounds and stuff like that.

You are telling me that Dante has been fighting some lava creature. I mean, he must have been able to take damage. Or less, worst game ever made. I mean, theres no game thats fun when you cant take damage. Were you just can walk around and always got the status as "cheat". Dante is a half-demon, im sure that youre friend were taking damage from that creature.

And Link is more than a creature, he always wears some magicall, powerfull gloves that makes him strong as hell. With the giant mask on, he would be able to use his strenght to swing the sword in a higher speed, im sure he can take Dante with that blade, right?

And how is Dante capable of cutting his left foot, is he really that fast and strong that he would be able to cut through a giants leg, with muscels, bones and stuff like that. No i dont think so.

SpadeKing
ok.. Dante can use Devil Trigger.. fair now?

no it wasn't fair before giving dante all powers and styles from DMC 1, 2, and 3. now the trigger? if he has all items also there is this one item (forgot the name) that allows unlimited devil trigger powers.

sorry Link you get killed.

MetaHybrid
Link uses Quake, and everything around him turns into a deformed turnip creature. Dante is powerless.

SpadeKing
dante shoots him in the head at contact end no expression

IceJaw
You know the time you put on the giant mask? Those worms, looking gigantic are turning to a more normal. Comfortable size. Link is enormous, he wields a sword big as world trade center itself. You can feel it when he takes his steps, you can see it when he swings his sword. Link is bigger, his stronger and in a logical way he would be able to stand against bigger wounds and stuff like that.

You are telling me that Dante has been fighting some lava creature. I mean, he must have been able to take damage. Or less, worst game ever made. I mean, theres no game thats fun when you cant take damage. Were you just can walk around and always got the status as "cheat". Dante is a half-demon, im sure that youre friend were taking damage from that creature.

And Link is more than a creature, he always wears some magicall, powerfull gloves that makes him strong as hell. With the giant mask on, he would be able to use his strenght to swing the sword in a higher speed, im sure he can take Dante with that blade, right?

And how is Dante capable of cutting his left foot, is he really that fast and strong that he would be able to cut through a giants leg, with muscels, bones and stuff like that. No i dont think so. That doesn't really matter since :

A.) Link doesn't grow THAT big roll eyes (sarcastic) And did you notice that it's only in that boss room where you actually can take giant form? There isn't anything pointing to that Dante and Link are fighting in there.

B.) Dante could just stop time and "Boom, headshot" erm

C.) Dante could just simply shoot Link in the head before he gets to do anything.

D.) Dante could just blow Link to bits with his wide arange of explosive weaponry (which would definetley take out Giant Link's leg btw) and Link doesn't become invinsible or anything close to that in that state.

E.) Dante fights faster than anyone in the Zelda universe so he would just, well, pwn him in close combat.

Face it, Link needs several minutes to beat Dante (even he'd just evade Link's attacks rather than attacking) but Dante on the other hand only needs a few seconds to land a fatal wound on Link.

Link doesn't stand a chance, Link would need to be prepped to stand a chance erm

Kaithen
What tells you that Dante is prepared, what tells you that Link has some over slow reaction? And the mask thing, in the game Dante just slows the time, but you are lying and saying that he freeze the time wich he doesnt, i have seen that movie and he is just actually slowing the time.

Swe_Bum
But its so slow you can call it "freeze" instead erm

IceJaw
Exactly ^
What tells you that Dante is prepared, what tells you that Link has some over slow reaction? And the mask thing, in the game Dante just slows the time, but you are lying and saying that he freeze the time wich he doesnt, i have seen that movie and he is just actually slowing the time.
It only slows down time in GAMEPLAY, check the cutscene after he gets that power, I have told you that about a thousand times but do you listen? Nope erm

Dante is mainly just better than an elf teenager since he's a demon halfbreed and he can finish off Link in several ways before Link gets to do anything like shooting him in his forehead which btw is a normal way for Dante to start the fight and kill someone, you fail to say how Link would evade the bullet or win time to do something else (which isn't very likely).

I know you don't like Dante (for very childish reasons btw) but that doesn't mean he doesn't win, mkay?

IceJaw
Don't let your Dante-hatred get in the way of real facts.

Double post no expression

Swe_Bum
10 points for double post big grin

IceJaw
ermhappy

Swe_Bum
ermhappy laughing

Mesirus
Link.............cannot win. anyone who says link should win this obviously needs the reveiw the facts: Link is a fairy man. Dante is awesome....

IceJaw
laughing thumb up laughing

kamikz
Originally posted by Mesirus
Link.............cannot win. anyone who says link should win this obviously needs the reveiw the facts: Link is a fairy man. Dante is awesome....

No, Dante is ugly. However, he might probably win this match, I don't really bother. stick out tongue

Kaithen
Lol, icepunk i have seen it... He just slows the time! And if he could stop it, why did he even have to bother to do something. And he is never prepared, eating pizzas and acting like a jerk....

IceJaw
No, you haven't erm

Look, stupid reason plus bullshit

kamikz
LOL! That eating pizza made me laugh! laughing

IceJaw
That he eats pizza is irrelevant, besides, there's nothing wrong with that erm

No, Dante is ugly. However, he might probably win this match, I don't really bother. stick out tongue Ugly enough to get the chick in my sig? erm

Swe_Bum
laughing laughing thumb up thumb up

kamikz
That he eats pizza is irrelevant, besides, there's nothing wrong with that erm

Ugly enough to get the chick in my sig? erm

She's pretty ugly too. :P Besides, she might have bad taste. laughing

No, seriousley though, he's to cocky in my opinion. I just don't like his attitude.

Swe_Bum
No its Badass and he is cool.. and I wouldn't call him "ugly"... erm

Kaled
Originally posted by Mesirus

roll eyes (sarcastic)

kamikz
No its Badass and he is cool.. and I wouldn't call him "ugly"... erm

I think it's just dumb, not cool. And I was kidding about the ugly part.....

IceJaw
erm

His attitude is irrelevant and he's got waaay more experience plus he fights monsters which would own most of the Zelda universe's monsters any dayerm

kamikz
Uh... How did I ever say his attitude would change the outcome of the fight or was relevant? I didn't, I just don't like it. Dante could win this, I don't care, but people are starting with the "Dante is the awesome, Dante is the cool" so I just stated my opinion

IceJaw
That too is irrelevant erm

kamikz
That too^

IceJaw
?

I meant the stuff about who's cooler erm

kamikz
See, I never even said it would be relevant to the fight, and it seems like the match is pretty much over now, besides, others stated their opinions as well. If you are talking about that it is irrelevent about Dante's character.... well, it isn't for me.

MetaHybrid
I think if the limitations of Link's abilites in the first post were lifted, he would most likely win. In this case, I'll go along and say Dante wins.

Emperor Ashtar
This match unfair, dante has super healing, and link is not allowed health items?

Swe_Bum
This match unfair, dante has super healing, and link is not allowed health items?

No he have all hes heart containers from all games and a change of be immortal for 30 seconds.. so its not unfair..

kamikz
Heart contrainers is gameplay, and 30 seconds is not enough to take down Dante.

Kaled
links best hope would be to get close then spam that fire surround attack thingy. But thats not good enough, i doubt

kamikz
Well then again, not saying he will win or anything, but he has a couple of powerful things which could match Dante...

Stone mask, Dante won't see him.
Giant's mask, he will have a huge size advantage.
Invurnability (Though in this match only in 30 seconds).
Four swords. (Turns into FOUR Links, damn effective, especially since Link can shoot swords out of his normal sword, and if all would use the the sword spins with all it's powers, I doubt Dante would survive).
That box from minish cap. It sucks the opponent into it. From there, Link could do anything with him.
Someone here mentioned "quake" which was said to turn people into small creatures around him or something? Is this from Link's adventure? No memory of this.

TricksterPriest
The quake medallion is from Legend of Zelda: a link to the past. I'm not sure it would work on Dante. Plus, Dante could just jump and evade it.

IceJaw
Well then again, not saying he will win or anything, but he has a couple of powerful things which could match Dante...

Stone mask, Dante won't see him.
Giant's mask, he will have a huge size advantage.
Invurnability (Though in this match only in 30 seconds).
Four swords. (Turns into FOUR Links, damn effective, especially since Link can shoot swords out of his normal sword, and if all would use the the sword spins with all it's powers, I doubt Dante would survive).
That box from minish cap. It sucks the opponent into it. From there, Link could do anything with him.
Someone here mentioned "quake" which was said to turn people into small creatures around him or something? Is this from Link's adventure? No memory of this. Dante has fought countless invisible enemies before, he has already proved that size doesn't matter when it's a fight against him and to shoot with the sword Link needs to be in tip top condition. That "box" only sucks in small enemies, like, goomba small and Dante ain't that small.

But what makes you think Link would have time to use any of that before he gets a lead delivery estimated to make a stop in Link's skull?

And yeah, what TricksterPriest said.

IceJaw
I need more posters

Double post

Swe_Bum
Posters?

IceJaw
People who post ermm

Swe_Bum
lol i thought you meant Posters u have on the Wall.. big grin

IceJaw
I know stick out tongue

Whatever, back on topic.

Boom, headshot, Dante wins no expression

Swe_Bum
laughing no expression erm yes

kamikz
Dante has fought countless invisible enemies before, he has already proved that size doesn't matter when it's a fight against him and to shoot with the sword Link needs to be in tip top condition. That "box" only sucks in small enemies, like, goomba small and Dante ain't that small.

But what makes you think Link would have time to use any of that before he gets a lead delivery estimated to make a stop in Link's skull?

And yeah, what TricksterPriest said.

Link could activate invurnability first off all, or just put on the stone mask first....

See your arguing that since Dante has beaten big people before, size will NEVER matter. This however, is wrong. He was better than that giant, but he might not beat this one, and it will sure as hell boost Link's power.

Same with the invisible. Can you tell me where he faces them and how he sees them? Or does he never CANONICALLY face them, is it the player that sees them? And lastly, the stone mask does not make you invisible like that, it makes you blend in with the nature. So it would be like looking at the ground, or a stone or a rat, not as easy to figure out.... :/

And the tip top condition, WTF? You mean Link is actually gonna take a bullet to the head then start to fight? If he's gonna fight at all, he is gonna be a tip top shape, and Dante would need to get some hits to get it to stop working. Besides, isn't that full health shit just gameplay? Not to make the game incredibley easy?

And the fairys in Ocarina of Time and MM gave Link skin hard as armor (silver hearth containers). That aught to protect against something.

But it's pretty useless now anyway. Link has lost all of his best stuff and it's more like "Link stuffed with left over equipment". (I mean the fairys, drinks and invinsibility pretty much saves his ass in every duel on KMCstick out tongue) Previousley I forgot that he didn't have it all, then I realised he didn't. :/

IceJaw
First of all, the giant mask effects do not last forever, Dante could just use his Trickster evasion skills to evade every attack until Link's magic power is depleted and it does require that he is in a certain room which he isn't in now so quit using that argument erm and the invulnerability only lasts for 30 secs.

Game mechanic or not, you still can't deny that it's required, but those rays don't much damage erm

Silver heart containers? I have played through both games and I got 99 % of all the items, never saw any silver heart containers unless you mean those which increase his maximum HP.

Now my final question, how the hell would Link manage kill or even lay a scratch on Dante?

kamikz
Yeah he could, although if Link got all of his powers, that means his magic meter is DAAAAMMN long... :/
And no, that's gameplay. The only reason you can't use that in every room is because it would unbalance the game, they can't program the game so that you can walk through everything, the whole game would crash because of the requirements needed.

You mean you never went outside Ganon's tower in OOT and got the silver hearts?
You mean you never completed the Snow tower/Water tempel in WW by getting all the fairys inside then walking to the great fairy? It is there, in both games.

Link could cut off his head.....

But whatever, since Link ain't got his best equipment it is no use. I mean, when saying "Link got all equipment except triforce and all healing shit" then Link got like what which is useful?
About 30 swords. 15 bows. 15 Boomerangs. 15 Hookshots, etc. That's not gonna be very useful!

IceJaw
You fail to say how he'd actually hit the throat or at all, Dante moves at faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar greater speeds so no BS, please erm

How come I, my official guide and Google don't remember anything about silver heart containers? So that's pure bullshit, mkay?

And you can't deny that those things are required, sorry and also, by that logic I'd be able to beat Ganon with the Kokiri sword erm erm

kamikz
A big WTF!

First of all, just because Dante is fast doesn't mean he can't ever hit him. If Dante can't figure out where Link is he ain't gonna be able to dodge the incoming strikes. No BS please.....

Oh god damn, have you never got the silver hearts? Have you never got silver around the hearts that makes the damage being halved? Then you aren't a true Zelda fan, cause EVERYONE should have had it, at least in OOT, it's easy as hell. BS by you, just because you never found it....
I'll describe the way for you. Start the game (duh) and go outside of Ganon's castle as an adult. Instead of going over the rainbow bridge you continue to the right. There will be a huge stone blocking the way. If you have the golden gauntlets (which you should have) then you just press A and pick the stone up and toss it away. Then enter... TADAAA!!!

What are you talking about? I know they are required, however, 1 bow would be enough, not 15, so it's just an overstocking Link's equipment and leaving out the most important stuff. And WTF? Who mentioned Kokiri sword OR ANY KIND OF ARGUMENT during that last line?

blind faith
Dante wins. Let's look at this statistically:

Strength: Even though Dante has demonic powers which would include enchanced strength, Link is stronger, he can lift those big rocks in OOT, so I give him the edge here.

Weapons: They both have great weapons, Link might have an advantage in melee while Dante has the advantage in range but Dante can pretty much take the damage that Link dishes out, too bad the same can't be said about Link. If we replace Dante with Link in the scene in DMC1 where Dante got impaled with his sword and got right back up do you think Link would survive such thing?

Speed: I think everyone already agreed that Dante is the faster one so let's move on.

Durability: Dante. Most of the enemies in Zelda are not as tough as the enemies in DMC-games, Dante also has a good healing power ( he has to have if he managed to recover from the sword-impaling in DMC1 and was just fine.)

Link is good but Dante will win this.

Kaithen
Dante can see link? No, Dante can kill link? No

Icepunk, you are completly lying. Lying so loud that i can hear it in my room.

HOW THE ****ING HELL MEGAMAN I HATE CAT RAT BIG FAT JOCKE, HAVE YOU GOT 99% OF THE ITEMS? You gotta be sick. And if you didnt even had the silverhearts i dont belive you.

What the hell are you talking about, Link is not able to be seen. Is it so hard to understand?

Kaithen
And in minich cap, Link doesnt need a special item to get into "mini size"

IceJaw
Dante can see link? No, Dante can kill link? No

Icepunk, you are completly lying. Lying so loud that i can hear it in my room.

HOW THE ****ING HELL MEGAMAN I HATE CAT RAT BIG FAT JOCKE, HAVE YOU GOT 99% OF THE ITEMS? You gotta be sick. And if you didnt even had the silverhearts i dont belive you.

What the hell are you talking about, Link is not able to be seen. Is it so hard to understand? You clearly need to make a good search on google and stop bullshiting and MEGAMAN? CAT? CAPS? N00BY? YOU? YES!

There are no such thing as "silver heart containers" there are however Heart containers with silverish stuff around them but they are NOT called silver heart containers.

You fail to prove how:

A.) How Link would have time to use anything
B.) How "Dante can't kill Link"
C.) "Hello, I'm Kaithen, I'm a Zelda fanboy smile and I loooooooove to bullshit"
D.) "I fail"

And if anything or anyone's a joke, it's you erm

Swe_Bum
And in minich cap, Link doesnt need a special item to get into "mini size" Not a item... he need to stand on a special spot (A stump) Witch dose not Exist in This Fight... erm

IceJaw
Yeah, and take a chill pill, grow up and post better, please erm

kamikz
Originally posted by blind faith
Dante wins. Let's look at this statistically:

Strength: Even though Dante has demonic powers which would include enchanced strength, Link is stronger, he can lift those big rocks in OOT, so I give him the edge here.

Weapons: They both have great weapons, Link might have an advantage in melee while Dante has the advantage in range but Dante can pretty much take the damage that Link dishes out, too bad the same can't be said about Link. If we replace Dante with Link in the scene in DMC1 where Dante got impaled with his sword and got right back up do you think Link would survive such thing?

Speed: I think everyone already agreed that Dante is the faster one so let's move on.

Durability: Dante. Most of the enemies in Zelda are not as tough as the enemies in DMC-games, Dante also has a good healing power ( he has to have if he managed to recover from the sword-impaling in DMC1 and was just fine.)

Link is good but Dante will win this.

Strenght: Agreed.

Weapons: Well agreed I guess.

Durability: Agreed. Yeah, Link would easily be dead in that position if he got hit, no doubt.

Speed: Again agreed.

No doubt that if this was a pure fight Dante would tear Link's ass to shreds, I haven't said that Link will win this either, however, I belive there are some items that Link have which could cause trouble for Dante, and might even cause Link to win.

Icepunk, don't be so obsessed with words, you should have gotten my meaning when I said "silver heart containers" and what the fairy said about it. I even said "surrounds the hearts" in my other post....

Swe_Bum
well.. do we all agree Link isn't a "OMGWTFBBQUACKOMEGAGOD"... Right..? smile

kamikz
Yes, we do!

Men orka va inne på KMC längre.......... "pust" stick out tongue

Swe_Bum
Good... then we can stop the childish discussion.. no expression

blind faith
Strenght: Agreed.

Weapons: Well agreed I guess.

Durability: Agreed. Yeah, Link would easily be dead in that position if he got hit, no doubt.

Speed: Again agreed.

No doubt that if this was a pure fight Dante would tear Link's ass to shreds, I haven't said that Link will win this either, however, I belive there are some items that Link have which could cause trouble for Dante, and might even cause Link to win.

Icepunk, don't be so obsessed with words, you should have gotten my meaning when I said "silver heart containers" and what the fairy said about it. I even said "surrounds the hearts" in my other post.... fair enough smile I agree.

kamikz
big grin

Kaithen
Yay, lets do the Link/dante dance no expression

Kaithen
Icepunk, you look really upset. Why are you actually insulting me for saying that you are lying? However, what the hell do you mean with using any item? Explain.

IceJaw
I have, so for ones, R-E-A-D erm

There's nothing wrong with getting upset when someone says :

1.) That you said that I was lying about something (When I clearly wasn't, I HATE BEING ACCUSED)
2.) When you bullshitted you ass off about the non existant Silver heart containers and call my 99 % and several hours of gameplay a waste, A JOKE.

So if anyone should be upset and own someone it's me.

And why do you think I've changed my name? It doesn't require too much of ones braincells to figure that one out erm

IceJaw
A big WTF!

First of all, just because Dante is fast doesn't mean he can't ever hit him. If Dante can't figure out where Link is he ain't gonna be able to dodge the incoming strikes. No BS please.....

Oh god damn, have you never got the silver hearts? Have you never got silver around the hearts that makes the damage being halved? Then you aren't a true Zelda fan, cause EVERYONE should have had it, at least in OOT, it's easy as hell. BS by you, just because you never found it....
I'll describe the way for you. Start the game (duh) and go outside of Ganon's castle as an adult. Instead of going over the rainbow bridge you continue to the right. There will be a huge stone blocking the way. If you have the golden gauntlets (which you should have) then you just press A and pick the stone up and toss it away. Then enter... TADAAA!!!

What are you talking about? I know they are required, however, 1 bow would be enough, not 15, so it's just an overstocking Link's equipment and leaving out the most important stuff. And WTF? Who mentioned Kokiri sword OR ANY KIND OF ARGUMENT during that last line? Strange, my webbreader flashed past this post erm

Yeah, you lift a huge rock and enter a cave to meet a great fairy who gives you greater defence. I dunno what it's called either, probably "blabla of blablable", you had me confused, I thought you were calling the Heart piece and containers silver heart containers since they're framed with some silverish aura or that they were Heart container that's all silver that you have to collect just like the normal ones. Anywho, I asked what you meant before, someone could have explained what they/you meant, but bleh, no ones fault erm

And most importantly, double post no expression

kamikz
Sorry to confuse you mate! Yeah, cheers for double post, but I'm to much a coward to do it........ ninja

IceJaw
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.