Professor X vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The-Judge
good match, or?? who wins

Tshern
Magneto. Xavier can't get through his helmet.

Sixth_Winged
Magneto creates stairs made of metal, transports Prof x in a wheelchair there and pushes him.

batdude123
Magneto.

Metalmanx
Xavier. With enough pinpoint concentration (all of which would take place, if the situation proved necessary, within fractions of a second) he can psi-blast Magneto clear through his helmet.

galan7777777
xavier wins, he has already wiped magneto's mind and turned him into a vegetable once before

Sub_Mariner
Magneto crushes his metal wheel chair into his skeleton.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Magneto crushes his metal wheel chair into his skeleton.

Is this before or after Magneto is put into a coma?

Or, ya know, dead?

galan7777777
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Is this before or after Magneto is put into a coma?

Or, ya know, dead? yeah as i said prof. x has dont that once already lol!

The-Judge
well, and prof x dont need to get through the helmet... just make things flying at magneto or concentrating through his helmet

batdude123
Originally posted by galan7777777
xavier wins, he has already wiped magneto's mind and turned him into a vegetable once before

Um...... yeah, too bad that was during his fight with the entire X-Men squad, and after Wolverine stabbed Magneto in the gut. Wolverine even said that Magneto was HOLDING BACK and that it was a BIG MISTAKE. And Xavier almost died trying to mind wipe him. Magneto wasn't giving ANY resistence at all at the time. Even without his psychic shielding, he held his own in a telepathic battle against Xavier with nothing but sheer will power. However, it took the combined effort of Jean Grey and Prof X to penetrate Mags' shielding AFTER he was distracted. And he's also used his EM powers to jam Jean's telepathic powers, along with the rest of the X-Men telepaths. Magneto ftw. smile

Metalmanx
You don't think that Xavier holds back at all?

Come on, man. You know better. Xavier isn't called the most powerful telepath on the planet for his health you know.

If he REALLY wanted to, I mean REAAAAAAAAAALLY wanted to (helmet or not), he could pierce Magneto's psyche as quickly as he wants.

batdude123
You don't think that Xavier holds back at all?

Come on, man. You know better. Xavier isn't called the most powerful telepath on the planet for his health you know.

If he REALLY wanted to, I mean REAAAAAAAAAALLY wanted to (helmet or not), he could pierce Magneto's psyche as quickly as he wants.

eer

I never said Xavier never holds back. Where the hell did you see that from? However, when Xavier was trying with all his might, and Magneto was resisting with SHEER will power, it was pretty close. And Xavier needed Jean to penetrate Magneto's psychic shielding and they only managed it AFTER Magneto was distracted. Not to mention the fact that he jammed the X-Men's telepath's at once including Jean Grey. And there IS an "*" by the feat when he mindwiped Erik. Erik was weakened, AND was holding back, AND didn't have his helmet or his psychic shielding up. Xavier THEN mind wiped him, and nearly killed himself in the process.

And you saying that if Xavier "really wanted to," he could pierce Magneto's helmet. Yeah, so? Doesn't mean anything. If Erik REALLY wanted to, he could fry Xavier to a crisp via an EMP, jam his telepathic powers, or give him an aneurysm in his brain. wink

juggernaut66666
magneto

ExtraMision5555
im supprised this hasnt been done?

braz
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Magneto creates stairs made of metal, transports Prof x in a wheelchair there and pushes him.

lmfao!

lol, yea. Mags crushes Charles. no contest. his helmet blocks his telepathy doesnt it?

What If...
Magneto because Charles has a major handicap aganst him.

rotiart
Magneto slows all the iron in Charles blood to a near halt... causing Charles to become tired and fall asleep.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by batdude123
eer

I never said Xavier never holds back. Where the hell did you see that from? However, when Xavier was trying with all his might, and Magneto was resisting with SHEER will power, it was pretty close. And Xavier needed Jean to penetrate Magneto's psychic shielding and they only managed it AFTER Magneto was distracted. Not to mention the fact that he jammed the X-Men's telepath's at once including Jean Grey. And there IS an "*" by the feat when he mindwiped Erik. Erik was weakened, AND was holding back, AND didn't have his helmet or his psychic shielding up. Xavier THEN mind wiped him, and nearly killed himself in the process.

And you saying that if Xavier "really wanted to," he could pierce Magneto's helmet. Yeah, so? Doesn't mean anything. If Erik REALLY wanted to, he could fry Xavier to a crisp via an EMP, jam his telepathic powers, or give him an aneurysm in his brain. wink Magneto wins, because he has a telepath shielding helmet. But too much Magneproganda to resist.

Jean Grey was only brought with Charles to Avalon as he was heavily strained and weakened due to the exoskeleton that allowed him to walk, which consequently hindered his powers. Sure Magneto was holding back when Xavier was mindwiping him into a vegetable, that's entirely plausible. Who would resist being mindwiped, that's just inconceivably silly. This being in the same arc in which Charles usurped Magneto's powers and flung him and Avalon into space.

In Eve of Destruction by Magneto's own admission Charles easily shuts off Magneto's powers.

Exodus was conveniently present when "Magneto jammed the telepaths". Namely Jean. Who was still talking to the others by telepathy. blink

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Magneto wins...

Wolverine made the quote that Magneto was holding back, and the mind wipe was Erik w/o the helmet, w/o his shields, and after being stabbed in the gut by Wolverine. smile

And damn straight Magneto wins. I never thought I'd hear you say that! eek!

Soleran
lol so what is Wolverine said Magneto was holding back that just comic hyperbole, anyway if Magneto comes in his normal gear he wins.

If his helmet comes off Xavier wins.

xmarksthespot
Wolverine made the quote that Magneto was holding back, and the mind wipe was Erik w/o the helmet, w/o his shields, and after being stabbed in the gut by Wolverine. smile

And damn straight Magneto wins. I never thought I'd hear you say that! eek! I am a pragmatist, my dear batdude. But...
Originally posted by Soleran

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
lol so what is Wolverine said Magneto was holding back that just comic hyperbole, anyway if Magneto comes in his normal gear he wins.

If he wasn't holding back, how could Wolverine possibly be able to get close enough to gut him? shifty stick out tongue eek!

And no, there's a difference between what you like to think of as "comic hyperbole," and what Wolverine was saying.

batdude123
I am a pragmatist, my dear batdude. But...

Magneto wouldn't let the fight last long enough for his helmet to come off. no expression Charles would be wasted by that time.

xmarksthespot
Magneto wouldn't let the fight last long enough for his helmet to come off. no expression Charles would be wasted by that time. I meant.

Charles vs Erik (no helmet)

Charles wins.

batdude123
I meant.

Charles vs Erik (no helmet)

Charles wins.

Why would he fight Charles w/o his helmet? no expression

xmarksthespot
Why would he fight Charles w/o his helmet? no expression Iunno. Modifiers like that are added all the time. Cerebro, Kick, Sundip, Godwave, no powers, no telepathy, and so on.

batdude123
Iunno. Modifiers like that are added all the time. Cerebro, Kick, Sundip, Godwave, no powers, no telepathy, and so on.

Meh.

xmarksthespot
Meh. Bleh.

batdude123
Bleh.

Blah.

xmarksthespot
Blah. Hah!

batdude123
Hah!

MY A HEE!!!!! MY A HOO!!!!! MY A HA HA!!!! MY A HEE!!!! MYA HOO!!!!! MY A HA HA!!!!!! dance Happy Dance Happy Dance dance

xmarksthespot
I think that means I and Chucky X win against you and Buckethead.

Validus
Chuck wins.

batdude123
Nope.

Validus
How is Magneto going to stop Chuck from eating him whole?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Validus
he gives him some laxative

Validus
Been tried before. Chuck is immune to laxatives.

batdude123

Takes an electromagnetic shit inside Chuck's mouth? erm

juggernaut66666
Been tried before. Chuck is immune to laxatives.
this one is specially made for him

Validus
Takes an electromagnetic shit inside Chuck's mouth? erm
Chuck's power over eating is absolute. The guy could eat reality if he wanted to.

batdude123
Chuck's power over eating is absolute. The guy could eat reality if he wanted to.

Meh, his breath would stink though.

Validus
Meh, his breath would stink though.
His breath doesn't stink according to Legion of Super-Heroes #295.

juggernaut66666
that book wasn't canon

batdude123

Eh, that's true I guess. Also, according to Infinite Crisis #7, Chuck's breath can be smelly if he simply ingests mints.... which doesn't even make sense.

Validus
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
that book wasn't canon
Everything is canon in the DCU.

juggernaut66666
Legion of superheroes is marvel since 3 years

Validus
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Legion of superheroes is marvel since 3 years
Sentence fragment. Consider revising.

B dot Rob
X wins 10/10. He can easily pierce Mags helmet he just holds back. Just like how he can easily communicate with everyone on the Earth but uses Mag's jamming signal as a cop out. And the key difference is that despite Mags being more rutheless if they were to meet in a battle of life and death X would likely be the one who ends it once and for all.

batdude123
Originally posted by B dot Rob
X wins 10/10. He can easily pierce Mags helmet he just holds back. Just like how he can easily communicate with everyone on the Earth but uses Mag's jamming signal as a cop out. And the key difference is that despite Mags being more rutheless if they were to meet in a battle of life and death X would likely be the one who ends it once and for all.

Nah.

B dot Rob
Yup.

Think about it, Mags is portrayed as generally the more ruthless one but when push comes to shove who's the one that uses the more ruthless tactics in their most intense battles?

batdude123
Yup.

Think about it, Mags is portrayed as generally the more ruthless one but when push comes to shove who's the one that uses the more ruthless tactics in their most intense battles?

Magneto doesn't use his powers against Charles. If he did, Charles would be more than a paraplegic.... he'd be dead. Magneto ftw.

B dot Rob
Exactly my point. Magneto has a solf spot for Charles that will NEVER allow him to do more then badly injure him, whereas Charles probably would have killed him if he killed Wolverine instead of merely taking out his addy.

batdude123
Exactly my point. Magneto has a solf spot for Charles that will NEVER allow him to do more then badly injure him, whereas Charles probably would have killed him if he killed Wolverine instead of merely taking out his addy.

Charles wouldn't have killed him. That's not his style. It's also not Magneto's style to kill Xavier either. However, let's just say that Charles kills Quicksilver. I could definitely see Magneto killing Charles for that. erm

B dot Rob
Brainfrying Mags the way he did isn't his style either, but he did it and damn near killed him (this is him after Mags only badly injured a top 10 healer in comics). And I doubt that Mags would kill Charles even after Quicksilver's death. I mean heck Charles had him halfway convinced on wiping out the Witch. I'm sure he'd be more inclined to talk things out to figure out why only to find himself brainfried like his son.

Skeets
Batdude you suck as Demi's replacement.

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Batdude you suck
Cosign

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets
Batdude you suck as Demi's replacement.

Why? Because I use logic?

xmarksthespot
Why? Because I use logic? We already discussed this. You're a blurry stickerphoto.

don't shiv
COOL YOUR GUNS

don't shiv
Chuck isn't assertive enough in the use of his power. Magneto's got no such mental blocks.

Magneto wins, simultaneously freezing Proffessor X's Brainwaves and unravvelling his neural net.

DarkCrawler
You...you guys know that the helmet doesn't have anything to do with the his defenses in 616? It's only in movies. Ask any Magneto expert with this. I read every Magneto appearence because of the tourney. And not ONCE is his helmet mentioned to do that. The whole Eve of Destruction arc wasn't very well written anyway.

Here are just some of his psychic feats...

Here he simply jams the powers of every X-Man and psychics.
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1695/magelectromagneticjamspsionicsdt1.jpg

He could also deflect the psychic energy somewhere else...
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2936/magreflectspsychicpowerandreversesgravitygv0.jpg

Here Xavier needs Jean's help to break through his defenses...
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5291/tbreakthroughhispsychicdefensessc0.jpg

Here he takes every iota of Xavier's powers...and survives it. Isn't even knocked out. Yeah, he could not take another, but guess what would happen in the time Xavier would try to do another attack like that? Magneto would still have enough power left to manipulate his blood.
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/331/magtakesallxavierspowerwj4.jpg
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/7338/magtakesallxavierspower2on1.jpg

Even while surprised, he can still take his attack and go toe to toe with him...
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/83/maggoestelepathicallyagainstxlz5.jpg

Magneto wins 9/10. Even without helmet. His defenses are just that goddamn good.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You...you guys know that the helmet doesn't have anything to do with the his defenses in 616? It's only in movies. Ask any Magneto expert with this. I read every Magneto appearence because of the tourney. And not ONCE is his helmet mentioned to do that. The whole Eve of Destruction arc wasn't very well written anyway.

Here are just some of his psychic feats...

Here he simply jams the powers of every X-Man and psychics.
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1695/magelectromagneticjamspsionicsdt1.jpg

He could also deflect the psychic energy somewhere else...
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2936/magreflectspsychicpowerandreversesgravitygv0.jpg

Here Xavier needs Jean's help to break through his defenses...
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5291/tbreakthroughhispsychicdefensessc0.jpg

Here he takes every iota of Xavier's powers...and survives it. Isn't even knocked out. Yeah, he could not take another, but guess what would happen in the time Xavier would try to do another attack like that? Magneto would still have enough power left to manipulate his blood.

Even while surprised, he can still take his attack and go toe to toe with him...

Magneto wins 9/10. Even without helmet. His defenses are just that goddamn good.

Bull. His helmet has always been the reason for his psi-shielding. Sure, over time he's developed an incredible will and even some laten psychic ability. But this is Xavier we're talking about.

His previous feats in all of his years in the comics contradict all of that. Powerful will or not, up against Xavier Magneto should be demolished.

For that blast of "every iota of Xavier's power", it's clear that his magnetic shields (which he has up pretty much always) took the major blunt of that attack. He was so drained, down to his last drop of power. Had he just taken the attack without his magnetic shield, it would've destroyed him. Which, for this fight (I assume) is just what will happen. Unless Magneto gets unfair prep.

Utter bull.

Xavier wins.

B dot Rob
I like how it's now cool to post pics of Erik deflecting/jamming Bush League Telepaths and weakened Charles still owning his ass like it's the same as taking on the real thing. And why would you post a pic of Charles holding natural convesation and being aware of what's going on in his surroundings beating Mags like it's nothing like it's a feat?

Magneto can't beat Prof. Even out of character the best he can muster is a 50/50 win as it all depends on who can get the first shot.

DarkCrawler
What are you smoking, BRob? How is Xavier beating Magneto like nothing in ANY of the examples? You are talking about this?

Xavier took Magneto BY SUPRISE. He attacked him suddenly, and Magneto was still taking him on. And guess what?

Nothing about helmet mentioned. His sheer willpower took him on.

And weakened Charles?

Where?

Bull. His helmet has always been the reason for his psi-shielding. Sure, over time he's developed an incredible will and even some laten psychic ability. But this is Xavier we're talking about.

Okay. Show me. Show me where it says that his helmet does it. Handbook? Check out MarvelDirectory. Check out every - appearence - of - Magneto, like I have. You'll see that I am right. Ask Demigawd or MightilyOats of SHC. Magneto's helmet does not have anything to do with his psi-shield. Check all the examples I have shown.

Nothing about his helmet even mentioned. Only in movies.

His previous feats in all of his years in the comics contradict all of that. Powerful will or not, up against Xavier Magneto should be demolished.

Not if Magneto knows the man better then anyone. And has years of experience of dealing with him and his powers. This is Magneto we are talking about. There is an entire issue of his willpower matching with DOCTOR DOOM himself. Doom, who, has been immune for mental attacks ranging from Purple Man to cosmic characters.

Magneto is known for psychics being largely ineffective against him when he is at full power. His powers give him natural shields. Like you see at my examples above...in most of them, he has had zero time to put up his shields. His natural ones are always on. For gods sake, Magneto survived an mental blast from Galactus. Magneto himself has mental powers.

For that blast of "every iota of Xavier's power", it's clear that his magnetic shields (which he has up pretty much always) took the major blunt of that attack. He was so drained, down to his last drop of power. Had he just taken the attack without his magnetic shield, it would've destroyed him. Which, for this fight (I assume) is just what will happen. Unless Magneto gets unfair prep.

So, Xavier is going to unleash all his power at him in this fight too? Despite the fact that it required specific manipulation from Stryker to take out his mental blocks?

Utter bull.

Xavier wins. He does, if you ignore the fact that Magneto has his mental shields on all the time, seeing as he has survived every psychic surprise attack when he has been on full power.

Every time psychic powers have worked on him, he has either:

A) Been battling a huge team of enemies, thus distracted

or

B) Is vastly injured.

His shields hold long enough for him to finish Xavier. Xavier has no resistance against Magneto's powers.

Jyppe
Magneto wins 6/10. When telepathic powers aren't allowed and he's high on kick and the new drug.. 'Wheels' is just that good smile

DarkCrawler
Not good enough for Magneto. no expression

He's taken Jean Grey's (the green suit Phoenix incarnation) surprise blasts and survived with no trouble.

Seriously, do you think it will take more time for Magneto to kill Xavier then it takes Xavier to get through his psychic shields? He has them on all the time. He's taken unaware, he has survived them. Xavier has one way of killing him. Magneto has thousands. Pick your poison from them, but Magneto's kill will come faster. He doesn't need to break through anything to kill Xavier. Whereas Xavier has to break through psychic defenses that are probably top 3 on comics.

Soleran
If he wasn't holding back, how could Wolverine possibly be able to get close enough to gut him? shifty stick out tongue eek!

And no, there's a difference between what you like to think of as "comic hyperbole," and what Wolverine was saying.

1st because he's Wolverine, nuff said there.
2nd maybe he didn't feel Wolverine was a threat. More importantly Wolverine isn't Magento so him saying he's holding back is poop.

otherwise Spiderman said Sentry ran Galactus off.
Superman said MM is more powerful then he is
blah blah blah etc etc

Without a helmet Magneto loses
With a helmet Magneto wins.

B dot Rob
He's beating him like nothing in that very scan. Whenever X goes all out in a psychic confrontation (or is using his psychic power to the fullest) he's completely oblivious to what's going on in the real world (unless he's doing something like holding the thought). Here he's holding active conversation and noting the bolts coming lose while telling her that Mags is weakening. And I'm trying to remember which ish that comic is but if it's what I'm thinking of then Mags wasn't exactly off his guard when Charles took him.

And weakened Charles was when he had the harness to allow him to walk. He was weakened so he used Jean Grey to help boost him back to his normal level.

B dot Rob
Not good enough for Magneto. no expression

He's taken Jean Grey's (the green suit Phoenix incarnation) surprise blasts and survived with no trouble.

Seriously, do you think it will take more time for Magneto to kill Xavier then it takes Xavier to get through his psychic shields? He has them on all the time. He's taken unaware, he has survived them. Xavier has one way of killing him. Magneto has thousands. Pick your poison from them, but Magneto's kill will come faster. He doesn't need to break through anything to kill Xavier. Whereas Xavier has to break through psychic defenses that are probably top 3 on comics.

In the past if the situation is dire or X is really pissed it's been shown that Mags psychic shielding is really nothing to him (helmet included). And X has taken Phoenix blasts too GTFOH with that GAHBAGE

B dot Rob
Hell the soul reason Mags even got the helmet is because he KNOWS that his willpower alone means shit to X.

DarkCrawler
He's beating him like nothing in that very scan. Whenever X goes all out in a psychic confrontation (or is using his psychic power to the fullest) he's completely oblivious to what's going on in the real world (unless he's doing something like holding the thought). Here he's holding active conversation and noting the bolts coming lose while telling her that Mags is weakening. And I'm trying to remember which ish that comic is but if it's what I'm thinking of then Mags wasn't exactly off his guard when Charles took him.

Yeah, he was. Read the issue. He was not aware of Xavier even being there.

And he is still not beating him like nothing. He is straining. You can notice it from his speech.

And weakened Charles was when he had the harness to allow him to walk. He was weakened so he used Jean Grey to help boost him back to his normal level.

Still, they did not break through him until Magneto was so weak that he could barely stand.

Nice. Where in the comics was that stated?

DarkCrawler
In the past if the situation is dire or X is really pissed it's been shown that Mags psychic shielding is really nothing to him (helmet included).

Show.

Me.

Where?

Metalmanx
Show.

Me.

Where?

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Magneto_%28Magnus%29

Look under "Paraphernalia". Obviously.

So, as I was saying earlier...

Xavier wins the majority. He's pierced the helmet before.

B dot Rob
That's the problem I can't remember off hand the ish is but if I did I'm pretty sure I could more then refute the claim oh and X just about always talks like that when he's in the astral plain as it does take a bit of concentration for him to merely project the image

but when he's going all out he's completely dead to the real world as seen here

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9236/z2an5.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3853/z3tt1.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9660/z4ms2.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170//z5jp2.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3758/z6to8.jpg

Pretty much every comic in the history of comicdom where it's asked why he got the helmet in the first place jawdrop.

Based on the off hand scans that are already convienently placed in the respect thread (credit goes to xmarksthespot for these though by the time I'm finished I hope to have at least three more instances that I can vaguely think of)

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=59gf1.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=60rj7.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=61si3.jpg

X gets pissed Magneto gets owned. Just the way it is.

B dot Rob
Hell even in YOUR SCANS X is piercing the helmet like nothing is there. smokin'

Metalmanx
That's the problem I can't remember off hand the ish is but if I did I'm pretty sure I could more then refute the claim oh and X just about always talks like that when he's in the astral plain as it does take a bit of concentration for him to merely project the image

Pretty much every comic in the history of comicdom where it's asked why he got the helmet in the first place jawdrop.

Based on the off hand scans that are already convienently placed in the respect thread (credit goes to xmarksthespot for these though by the time I'm finished I hope to have at least three more instances that I can vaguely think of)

Hey, great scans there, BDR. I'm with you on this one. As I'm sure you saw already.

DarkCrawler
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Magneto_%28Magnus%29

Look under "Paraphernalia". Obviously.

So, as I was saying earlier...

Xavier wins the majority. He's pierced the helmet before.

Sorry, that one can be edited by fans. I have edited some articles there myself. I could go and change it myself. It is just another misguided fan there.

Until I see a mention in comics, that does not hold.

DarkCrawler

No, no it's not. I can show you scans of him making astral form with no trouble at all, would you like so?

That is just him entering the astral plane, place where only the psychics can enter. It's the place for their battles. No use against guys who are not psychics.

Hell, it even says in the comic that Shadow King chooses their site of battle. And it is mentioned that he is in "domain of the mind".

Again, nice. Show me where? Issue number? Scan? Show me, and I give in. I can accept defeat just fine, you need to learn that to survive at versus forums.

Until that, you have no proof.

Let's see. Magneto has just been hit by MAJOR energy attack from Bishop (twice, if I may add, without shields and surprised), thrown through the X-Mansion walls WITHOUT shields, had part of his powers absorbed by rogue, attacked by EVERY SINGLE energy powered X-Man there was at the battle, practically fought every X-Man there, and that's a valid feat to you?

Have anything where Magneto was at full power? Like I assume that he in this fight... confused

B dot Rob
Remind me (my memory SUCKS), when has it been stated that Magneto's will power/psychic resistance slips when he gets physically hurt (hell I can show scans of Phoenix burning the hell out of X/him surviving a crash from outer space and his TP being just as potent as always)? When has it been said that being beat down causes his helmet to malfunction and thus allow telepaths in?

And X and Maggie were pretty much fighting with astral projection as that's the only form of TP resistance Mags naturally has. Oh and can you show scans of X making an astral projection while having conversation in the real world? That I'd HAVE to see (it's quite a feat because in every comic with X I've read it's always tough for him to use astral projection while communicating with people on the normal plane).

Oh and please, an issue # for when that Mags stuff happened would be more then adequate (i'd prefer to read the issue on my own).

DarkCrawler
Remind me (my memory SUCKS), when has it been stated that Magneto's will power/psychic resistance slips when he gets physically hurt (hell I can show scans of Phoenix burning the hell out of X and his TP being just as potent as always)? When has it been said that being beat down causes his helmet to malfunction and thus allow telepaths in?

You know that if you get shot in the leg, you can't think as clearly? Pain occupies your attention and takes away your concetration. Magneto did not have any of his shields on, so he got hurt.

And unless you show a comic evidence about that helmet, you are Still. Dead. Wrong. About. It.

One pic. One issue number. That's all it takes.

Do you have such stuff? If you don't, why are you debating against it?

NONE of his feats say anything about the helmet helping it. Only his psychic shields.

And X and Maggie were pretty much fighting with astral projection as that's the only form of TP resistance Mags naturally has. Oh and can you show scans of X making an astral projection while having conversation in the real world? That I'd HAVE to see (it's quite a feat because in every comic with X I've read it's always tough for him to use astral projection while communicating with people on the normal plane).

...with astral projection, not astral plane. Different thing. Astral projection can be seen by normal humans.

And only time I have seen him have troubles with astral projection is after his powers were unused for more then a year, and every use of his telepathy hurt him. AND the scan says they battle with all the strength and skill they have. And it also states that neither is yelding. Magneto still had enough power to take out X.

Oh and please, an issue # for when that Mags stuff happened would be more then adequate (i'd prefer to read the issue on my own).

What Mags stuff? I can provide scans for his feats...I can get the issue numbers, although it takes some time. Just tell me what.

Yet, you have absolutely zero proof that his helmet has anything to do with his mind-shielding. It has in the movie, it has in Ultimate Universe, but 616 universe...

It does not.

outavodka
You know that if you get shot in the leg, you can't think as clearly? Pain occupies your attention and takes away your concetration. Magneto did not have any of his shields on, so he got hurt.

And unless you show a comic evidence about that helmet, you are Still. Dead. Wrong. About. It.

One pic. One issue number. That's all it takes.

Do you have such stuff? If you don't, why are you debating against it?

NONE of his feats say anything about the helmet helping it. Only his psychic shields.

...with astral projection, not astral plane. Different thing. Astral projection can be seen by normal humans.

And only time I have seen him have troubles with astral projection is after his powers were unused for more then a year, and every use of his telepathy hurt him. AND the scan says they battle with all the strength and skill they have. And it also states that neither is yelding. Magneto still had enough power to take out X.

What Mags stuff? I can provide scans for his feats...I can get the issue numbers, although it takes some time. Just tell me what.

Yet, you have absolutely zero proof that his helmet has anything to do with his mind-shielding. It has in the movie, it has in Ultimate Universe, but 616 universe...

It does not. Man sounds like he knows what hes talkn bout nice argument DK!

DarkCrawler
Thanks.

I always know what I am talking about. stick out tongue

That's where research leads you to.

Metalmanx
Again, nice. Show me where? Issue number? Scan? Show me, and I give in. I can accept defeat just fine, you need to learn that to survive at versus forums.

Until that, you have no proof.

Alright, I've played along with you a bit now. But really, DC. You're just trying to make us find a scan out there somewhere that says what we're saying.

You know damn well that's what his helmet is used for. No, it was not "just in the movies". In a roundabout way, the movies were based on the characters themselves. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But seriously. You know this. It's WHY HE WEARS IT. I SEVERELY doubt the helmet is just a fashion statement, DC. sad

outavodka
well thats y stan lee made it to make eric more menacing.

batdude123
Wow, I was going to step in, but it seems like DC has got this one covered no problem. He threw a batarang at ALL your asses, and then tied you up. Then, he used an "anti-Xavier fanboy" spray that was on his belt. HE'S DARKCRAWLER!!!! stick out tongue

Tshern

It does not.

Hello again, DC. Whaddup?

Anyways, I can't give you an issue number (makes me sound very professional, doesn't it?), but Magneto's helmet actually stops telepathic assaults. That's why Xavier hasn't been able to search him with Cerebro (or Cerebra) or attack him when Mags has been manhandling the X-men. Give me a day and I'll get an issue number, I'm too drunk to do it now.

Metalmanx
Err...then I guess I'll have to use my "Anti-DarckCrawler" spray?

Hey, I've seen Batman pull out weirder things.

outavodka
Err...then I guess I'll have to use my "Anti-DarckCrawler" spray?

Hey, I've seen Batman pull out weirder things. eek! eek! eek! eek! i dunwana >no seriously glad i missed that issue>lolknow eek! eek! eek! eek!

B dot Rob
The only thing he really did was show that Chucky can easily pierce Mags defenses when he wants to and not his helmet (even though I know it's been stated in the comics the helmet blocks it I just don't feel like going over 500+ comics to prove something that everybody and their mother already knows wink ).

batdude123
The only thing he really did was show that Chucky can easily pierce Mags defenses when he wants to and not his helmet (even though I know it's been stated in the comics the helmet blocks it I just don't feel like going over 500+ comics to prove something that everybody and their mother already knows wink ).

Nah, he punked you. Magneto was even weakened when it happened. And when Xavier caught Magneto unaware from bed w/o his psychic shielding up, he resisted enough to use his powers to push Xavier in the nullyfing field. Xavier loses in SO many different ways it's rediculous. Magneto wins.

ExodusCloak
I didn't see these scans in this thread so here..more scans to fuel this discussion...:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9534/uxm150page31jd0.th.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4219/uxm150page32my6.th.jpg

B dot Rob
Nah, he punked you. Magneto was even weakened when it happened. And when Xavier caught Magneto unaware from bed w/o his psychic shielding up, he resisted enough to use his powers to push Xavier in the nullyfing field. Xavier loses in SO many different ways it's rediculous. Magneto wins.

Nah. X even said Mags was losing their little confrontation/wasn't focusing 100%. And getting beaten up physically doesn't really make you lose concentration if you are able to hold intelligent conversation moments later.

Let me pull a DC and ask when has Magneto ever successfully resisted Charles? One issue one scan. And can that scan please not have X saying Maggie is losing in it?

batdude123
Nah. X even said Mags was losing their little confrontation/wasn't focusing 100%. And getting beaten up physically doesn't really make you lose concentration if you are able to hold intelligent conversation moments later.

Let me pull a DC and ask when has Magneto ever successfully resisted Charles? One issue one scan. And can that scan please not have X saying Maggie is losing in it?

crylaugh

Okay, first of all, you have YET to show one iota of evidence proving that Magneto's helmet is psychic-proof in the 616 Universe. All you've said was something along the lines of "WELL EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!!!" Please... one scan is all I'm asking for. Humor me.

Second of all, are your scans "proving" Xavier would defeat Magneto, DarkCrawler has countered. The time Xavier mind-wiped Erik was after Magneto was battling every single X-Man at once, and was even AFTER Wolverine stabbed him in the gut. Then, Xavier finally after all that walks up to Erik w/o his psychic shielding up and mind-rapes him. Yeah, really good evidence there Rob. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now, even when Xavier caught Magneto UNAWARE FROM BED, Magneto was able to resist Xavier's telepathic asault with nothing but sheer willpower. He didn't even have his psychic shielding up.
http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maggoestelepathicallyagainstx1.jpg

And here (which Exodus Cloak was so gracious to bring to the table) is Xavier psi-bolting Magneto's mind "with all his power." And yet, Magneto was able to simply knock Xavier the f*ck out by using a piece of metal while his mind was being tampered with AND while he was being attacked by the rest of the X-Men.
http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm150page31jd0.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm150page32my6.jpg

And, Xavier needed Jean Grey's help at penetrating Magneto's psychic shielding. They managed to succeed AFTER Magneto was distracted.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2509/tbreakthroughhispsychicdefense.jpg

Magneto for the win.

Tron
http://www.superdickery.com/images/oneshot/stairs.jpg

That's all I have to say...

batdude123
Originally posted by Tron

laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
Okay, first of all, you have YET to show one iota of evidence proving that Magneto's helmet is psychic-proof in the 616 Universe. All you've said was something along the lines of "WELL EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!!!" Please... one scan is all I'm asking for. Humor me.Hmm. Where does it say that Magneto has specific psychic shielding?

DarkCrawler
Alright, I've played along with you a bit now. But really, DC. You're just trying to make us find a scan out there somewhere that says what we're saying.

You know damn well that's what his helmet is used for. No, it was not "just in the movies". In a roundabout way, the movies were based on the characters themselves. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But seriously. You know this. It's WHY HE WEARS IT. I SEVERELY doubt the helmet is just a fashion statement, DC. sad

But it is. I thought that it shielded him from telepathic attacks too, but obviously I wouldn't be debating against it if I had seen proof of it.

As for now, I have yet seen a comic that proves it. Not even X-Men #1.

I am not kidding. The helmet has never even been mentioned to do that for my information.

DarkCrawler
Hmm. Where does it say that Magneto has specific psychic shielding? The scan where he takes all power of Xavier's, for example.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Tshern
Hello again, DC. Whaddup?

Anyways, I can't give you an issue number (makes me sound very professional, doesn't it?), but Magneto's helmet actually stops telepathic assaults. That's why Xavier hasn't been able to search him with Cerebro (or Cerebra) or attack him when Mags has been manhandling the X-men. Give me a day and I'll get an issue number, I'm too drunk to do it now.

Hi, smile

He's attacked him with his helmet on before. He just hasn't finished him properly unless he is weakened.

The Cerebra/Cerebro thing you might have mixed up with movies/Ultimate. But if such thing exists in 616, no problem.

DarkCrawler

Umm...yes it does. Pain makes you lose concetration. That is a fact.

Well, there are three different instances stating that Magneto takes all Xavier's powers and is not taken out.

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm150page31jd0.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm150page32my6.jpg

None of them has him losing, in all of them he is surprised, and all of them you have already seen. You are fighting a losing battle here. Magneto can take easily Xaviers attack long enough to take him out with a simple thought.

Now show me, where Xavier takes out full power Magneto who isn't weakened or in middle of a battle?

Tshern
Hi, smile

He's attacked him with his helmet on before. He just hasn't finished him properly unless he is weakened.

The Cerebra/Cerebro thing you might have mixed up with movies/Ultimate. But if such thing exists in 616, no problem.

Probably with the Ultimate then, I desperately try to forget the movies, they're blasphemy.

I need a day more, just found out that my friends has some 80% of my X-men magazines, sorry 'bout that.

xmarksthespot
The scan where he takes all power of Xavier's, for example. That scan imo refers to physical shields. As Xavier's power appears to attack him both physically and mentally.

He has a natural resistance due to his electromagnetic powers.
He has a natural resistance due to willpower.
He has a resistance due to the helmet - yes on panel. New X-Men #137 Quentin Quire based the helmet that kept Xavier under wraps on Magneto's helmet.

I don't recall seeing reference to being able to erect additional specific psychic shielding other than that which is always present.

ExodusCloak
That scan imo refers to physical shields. As Xavier's power appears to attack him both physically and mentally.

He has a natural resistance due to his electromagnetic powers.
He has a natural resistance due to willpower.
He has a resistance due to the helmet - yes on panel. New X-Men #137 Quentin Quire based the helmet that kept Xavier under wraps on Magneto's helmet.

I don't recall seeing reference to being able to erect additional specific psychic shielding other than that which is always present.

IIRC The same thing was mentioned in New X-Men Academy #11/12....by Prodigy when he gave Wolverine a helmet that is similar to Magnetos...which prevents....him using his Telepathic powers...and stealing Wolveys knowledge(Combat skills)...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
IIRC The same thing was mentioned in New X-Men Academy #11/12....by Prodigy when he gave Wolverine a helmet that is similar to Magnetos...which prevents....him using his Telepathic powers...and stealing Wolveys knowledge(Combat skills)... It's not specifically stated but the helmet is of the style of Magneto's.

ExodusCloak
It's not specifically stated but the helmet is of the style of Magneto's.

Ah cool...I'll post the scans in a few minutes...

xmarksthespot
This one?
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7852/newxmen137p04hgwellsat2.th.jpg

DarkCrawler
Thank you, xmarksthespot. Still, I think that the movies have something to do with those too - you'll notice that all comics which mention anything like that about Magneto's helmet working like that come after the movies. No other Magneto feat ever tells anything about his shields working. Grant Morrison didn't know jack shit about Magneto anyway...I mean, Magneto sending people in burning ovens...whining all the time and using drugs...What the f**k?

xmarksthespot
I still think Magneto wins because he has three levels of protection from psionics and Charles doesn't have any real protection from Magneto's abilities. However I think telepathic resistance for a lot of characters *cough*Storm*cough* gets overstated a lot.

Without the helmet I'm giving Xavier the win or a double knockout, the helmet is the only layer that grants actual immunity. Xavier's shown his calibre as a telepath, he can put Magneto down as easily as vice versa. And maintaining consistency imo telepathy is faster than psionic manipulation of the physical world.

ExodusCloak
Here's another one...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2043/newxmen13622rf5.th.jpg

Kind of..another one...okay fine...I posted it because Wolvey gets beat in H2H by an adolescent...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2930/newxmen1010zh9.th.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1418/newxmen1011mo1.th.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8492/newxmen1012yp0.th.jpg

DarkCrawler
Here's another one...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2043/newxmen13622rf5.th.jpg

Yeah, that's the problem I was talking about. Professor X never had any troubles talking to Magneto's head telepathically while he had the helmet. Here is just one of the examples I am talking about.

Grant Morrison is a great writer, but Magneto was one of those characters he has had troubles with.

ExodusCloak
Yeah, that's the problem I was talking about. Professor X never had any troubles talking to Magneto's head telepathically while he had the helmet. Here is just one of the examples I am talking about.

Grant Morrison is a great writer, but Magneto was one of those characters he has had troubles with.

True...there were a few things I hated about his New X-Men run...as for the Mag/drugs thing....wasn't that Xorn...? I mean when he had no helmet...Esme...almost killed him with her slow mind erosion....

willRules
I don't think Xavier gets enough respect over the entire forum sad

DarkCrawler
True...there were a few things I hated about his New X-Men run...as for the Mag/drugs thing....wasn't that Xorn...? I mean when he had no helmet...Esme...almost killed him with her slow mind erosion....

He intended it to be real Magneto, but (thankfully) Marvel retconned it.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by willRules
I don't think Xavier gets enough respect over the entire forum sad I think he does. He is one of the most powerful and skilled telepaths of Marvel Universe.

ExodusCloak
He intended it to be real Magneto, but (thankfully) Marvel retconned it.

Ah..that makes more sense...at least they had the brains to do that for Mags...but what Marvel did to Exodus is ridiculous...

DarkCrawler
Yeah...he's just weak these days. sad

Metalmanx
I still think Magneto wins because he has three levels of protection from psionics and Charles doesn't have any real protection from Magneto's abilities. However I think telepathic resistance for a lot of characters *cough*Storm*cough* gets overstated a lot.

Without the helmet I'm giving Xavier the win or a double knockout, the helmet is the only layer that grants actual immunity. Xavier's shown his calibre as a telepath, he can put Magneto down as easily as vice versa. And maintaining consistency imo telepathy is faster than psionic manipulation of the physical world.

Right. I can agree with this.

It's always been that damn helmet that gives him the actual immunity against psychics. And that's just kinda sad to even think the opposite.

I'll change my vote to 5/10, however. I still think Xavier has the ability to just obliterate Magneto's mind from the get-go, helmet or not. And, of course, Magneto has his plethora of attacks at his disposal.

batdude123
Magneto.

DarkCrawler

It's always been that damn helmet that gives him the actual immunity against psychics. And that's just kinda sad to even think the opposite.

No it's not, when nothing like that is even mentioned before the movies and Ultimate Universe.

I could show you more examples of people being able to etc. contact him telepathically with his helmet on.

I'll change my vote to 5/10, however. I still think Xavier has the ability to just obliterate Magneto's mind from the get-go, helmet or not. And, of course, Magneto has his plethora of attacks at his disposal.

It's gonna take him less time to summon all his powers then it takes for Magneto to make all the iron in his blood to go out of his body?

Metalmanx
No it's not, when nothing like that is even mentioned before the movies and Ultimate Universe.

I could show you more examples of people being able to etc. contact him telepathically with his helmet on.

It's gonna take him less time to summon all his powers then it takes for Magneto to make all the iron in his blood to go out of his body?

If he absolutely had to? Probably. Or at least at the same speed.

lando005
i dont see these 2 really doing fatle damage to eachother giving their past together they are both the most powerful around in their field of mutation but magneto has more options

don't shiv
No reason why Magneto shouldn't blink Xavier out of Reality.

Tron
I'm still going with this scenario:

Originally posted by Tron

don't shiv
Simple yet effective

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.