Should I go see a doctor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
I'm having chronic headaches that come out of nowhere. I'm honestly getting stupider, I'm not saying that to be funny, but whenever my head starts to hurt I cant concentrate on ANYTHING, not just academic stuff. This morning in the shower I forgot how to turn off the water, when I was getting dressed I couldnt get my pants zipped or buttoned without getting extremely frustrated. I'll be in a conversation and I'll forget what I'm talking about or if I was talking at all. And ive been told I randomly walk away from people in the middle of a conversation but I dont remember even seeing them that day.

Should I go see a doctor or do you just think its a hormone thing messed

the headaches are almost unbearly painful

Mr. Bacon
i would get that checked out yes

Ronny
I'd tell my dad about it but hell just think I'm being dumb and overreacting

Devalion
YES

~Da Rev~
Typical female. Dumb and overreacting. Its probably your monthly.

Ronny
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Typical female. Dumb and overreacting. Its probably your monthly. ermm I still have two weeks till that

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Ronny
I'm having chronic headaches that come out of nowhere. I'm honestly getting stupider, I'm not saying that to be funny, but whenever my head starts to hurt I cant concentrate on ANYTHING, not just academic stuff. This morning in the shower I forgot how to turn off the water, when I was getting dressed I couldnt get my pants zipped or buttoned without getting extremely frustrated. I'll be in a conversation and I'll forget what I'm talking about or if I was talking at all. And ive been told I randomly walk away from people in the middle of a conversation but I dont remember even seeing them that day.

OMG Ronzy, go to the bloody doctor. confused

~Da Moose~
ermm I still have two weeks till that

Didn't need to know that. no

~Da Rev~
ermm I still have two weeks till that Go on...

Ronny
Originally posted by ~Da Moose~
OMG Ronzy, go to the bloody doctor. confused Is it really that bad though? You all dont think itll just blow over.

Holy crud, theres a woodpecker on my roof.

Ronny
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Go on... Um.. chipmunk

No

PandoraMomo
Sounds like migraines. Myself and my friends who get them have syptoms like that. go see a doctor.
If you ever have to ask "should I go to the doctor", the answer is yes.. better safe than sorry

~Da Rev~
Um.. chipmunk

No i cuntcur

Ronny
Originally posted by PandoraMomo
Sounds like migraines. Myself and my friends who get them have syptoms like that. go see a doctor.
If you ever have to ask "should I go to the doctor", the answer is yes.. better safe than sorry Alright, migranes. should i take aspirin or something

~Da Rev~
Alright, migranes. should i take aspirin or something No. Just let it eat at your brain

*snort*

Kongu_Dude
Yes. smile

Lana
If you ever have to ask "should I go to the doctor", the answer is yes.. better safe than sorry

I agree with Momo here.

Ronny, definitely go to the doctor.

Ronny
Alright ermm But my doctor is a dumbhead

Devalion

Exactly

lord xyz

the headaches are almost unbearly painful It's a tumour, so no. ermm

silver_tears
Not to be a downer and all, but that sounds nothing like migraines blink

Lana
Originally posted by silver_tears
Not to be a downer and all, but that sounds nothing like migraines blink

Have you had a migraine before?

Kongu_Dude
No. you are fine. smile

silver_tears
Yea, and I didn't forget where I was or who I talked to during the day.
I just had to lie down in a dark room, pounding over the eye, and had to close my eyes 'cause light made them hurt.

lord xyz
Alright ermm But my doctor is a dumbhead Find another. ermm

Lana
Yea, and I didn't forget where I was or who I talked to during the day.
I just had to lie down in a dark room, pounding over the eye, and had to close my eyes 'cause light made them hurt.

A bad headache isn't simply a migraine.

I've been diagnosed as having chronic migraines, as has Momo, and they have a lot more symptoms than simply a bad headache.

Soleran
Originally posted by Lana
A bad headache isn't simply a migraine.

I've been diagnosed as having chronic migraines, as has Momo, and they have a lot more symptoms than simply a bad headache.

Yeah so don't eat cheese, nuts, hot dogs or things with sulfur or red wine and no sexual activities and everything will return to "normal" I promise.

PS I may not be licensed to pratice medicine but none the less I wanted to practice medicine anyway, my words are like medical gold.

Lana
Originally posted by Soleran
Yeah so don't eat cheese, nuts, hot dogs or things with sulfur or red wine and no sexual activities and everything will return to "normal" I promise.

PS I may not be licensed to pratice medicine but none the less I wanted to practice medicine anyway, my words are like medical gold.

Hey, sex is good for making headaches go away stick out tongue

silver_tears
Oh I'm aware of the other symptoms, I saw a doctor the first time and he informed me of what they are, how caused, and what you can expect, I'm willing to accept that concentration may be an issue with a migraine, well duh, however,

"Any concentration or memory symptom needs prompt professional medical diagnosis."

I mean obviously none of us are qualified to diagnose Won Won, and she should see a doctor, but those symptoms are more MS than migraine imo, but what do I know right shrug

Lana
Oh I'm aware of the other symptoms, I saw a doctor the first time and he informed me of what they are, how caused, and what you can expect, I'm willing to accept that concentration may be an issue with a migraine, well duh, however,

"Any concentration or memory symptom needs prompt professional medical diagnosis."

I mean obviously none of us are qualified to diagnose Won Won, and she should see a doctor, but those symptoms are more MS than migraine imo, but what do I know right shrug

My memory goes nutso (well, more so than usual) when I've got a migraine, its one of the symptoms where I know that one's going to be coming on soon srug

Regardless, she needs to be checked out a doctor, and where did anyone say otherwise?

Ronny
Hey, sex is good for making headaches go away stick out tongue *picks up the phone*

Ronny
Originally posted by lord xyz
Find another. ermm My dad is a poon and wont change. I still go to the pediatrician i went to when i was a baby messed

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by lord xyz
It's a tumour, so no. ermm

You have absolutely no idea how un funny I find that statement, or how little I like you at the moment.

silver_tears
Nowhere, I wasn't disagreeing, just restating.
I guess it kinda sucks to see a doctor if you don't have free health care, it's like second nature here, I've never had to worry about visiting the doctor and than paying for it even if it did just turn out to be a headache erm

Soleran
Hey, sex is good for making headaches go away stick out tongue

I wonder if I could use that line with my receptionist and not get in tourble as long as I have a note from a Doctor laughing

clap
You have absolutely no idea how un funny I find that statement, or how little I like you at the moment.

You're right. It would've been much funnier if he had spelled "tumor" correctly.

Lana

I didn't even SEE that post.

*thwaps xyz over the head*

Nowhere, I wasn't disagreeing, just restating.
I guess it kinda sucks to see a doctor if you don't have free health care, it's like second nature here, I've never had to worry about visiting the doctor and than paying for it even if it did just turn out to be a headache erm

Healthcare isn't free and is damn expensive here, and usually you're limited to where you can go because of your insurance...assuming you HAVE insurance.

My mom's trying to get me to go to the doctor because it seems that no matter how much sleep I get and everything, I'm always completely exhausted and out of it erm

Syren
Alright ermm But my doctor is a dumbhead

Which is exactly what you'll be if you don't go - request a different doctor, Ronny, but make sure you see a professional.

~Da Moose~
I didn't even SEE that post.

*thwaps xyz over the head*

*shrugs* He didn't know. But thanks Lana. smile

silver_tears

Healthcare isn't free and is damn expensive here, and usually you're limited to where you can go because of your insurance...assuming you HAVE insurance.

My mom's trying to get me to go to the doctor because it seems that no matter how much sleep I get and everything, I'm always completely exhausted and out of it erm

Yea, Jeremy once told me it was like 50 dollars just for an appointment regardless of ailment. That's absurd.
I'm thankful, my dad has amazing insurance on top of Canadian health care so our drugs,dental, etc is pretty much free.
I was watching something and these people were on about how they haven't been to a dentist in like 10+ years in the states, here that's unheard of, the government pays for a checkup for everyone every 6 months at least. It's kinda odd to be subject to that when I'm used to this way I guess.

And that could be any number of things, including diet, hormones etc. I find anytime something's wrong with me, I prefer to see a doctor and have my fears put to rest, I have like anxious panic attacks and go for the worst case scenario thereby freaking myself out all the time embarrasment

Lana
Yea, Jeremy once told me it was like 50 dollars just for an appointment regardless of ailment. That's absurd.
I'm thankful, my dad has amazing insurance on top of Canadian health care so our drugs,dental, etc is pretty much free.
I was watching something and these people were on about how they haven't been to a dentist in like 10+ years in the states, here that's unheard of, the government pays for a checkup for everyone every 6 months at least. It's kinda odd to be subject to that when I'm used to this way I guess.

And that could be any number of things, including diet, hormones etc. I find anytime something's wrong with me, I prefer to see a doctor and have my fears put to rest, I have like anxious panic attacks and go for the worst case scenario thereby freaking myself out all the time embarrasment

My mom just went into the doctor for the same symptoms I have and it turns out she's got iron-deficiency anemia. So she's trying to drag me in to get checked out to see if I've got that, something else entirely, or nothing at all.

Soleran

I wouldn't exactly call it free now, someone's getting paid for something.

silver_tears
My mom just went into the doctor for the same symptoms I have and it turns out she's got iron-deficiency anemia. So she's trying to drag me in to get checked out to see if I've got that, something else entirely, or nothing at all.

One sure sign of anemia is if the inside of your bottom eyelid lacks red colouring hmm

Lana
One sure sign of anemia is if the inside of your bottom eyelid lacks red colouring hmm

I just actually went and checked that in the mirror...the inside of my bottom eyelid is the same color as my skin.

That's so weird, I've never heard that before.

Syren

That's exactly what I've got; iron-deficiency anaemia. I'm on an iron syrup supplement called Fersamal because the sulphate tablets I was taking before make me really sick. I'm exhausted but I sleep for up to 16/17 hours at times, when I do make myself get up at a decent time I'm passed out on the sofa mid afternoon. That's how it was a couple of weeks ago, anyway, but the iron's helping. That's why I'm off work.

I thought that was only sickle-cell anaemia? I could be wrong smile

Lana
According to wiki it's only really notable for extreme anemia, and I've got really pale skin already as it is...

My mom's taking iron pills now, too, she was having a hard time finding ones that didn't make her sick.

Ronny
One sure sign of anemia is if the inside of your bottom eyelid lacks red colouring hmm Well at least I know I'm not anemic... I have plenty of that

Syren
According to wiki it's only really notable for extreme anemia, and I've got really pale skin already as it is...

My mom's taking iron pills now, too, she was having a hard time finding ones that didn't make her sick.

I see. I also have pale skin, but I've never done the eyelid check. Guess I don't need to now laughing out loud

Yeah, I can imagine. I got every side effect possible. I'm also taking a contraceptive pill to ease my monthly. It's usually agony and lasts 10 days erm

Impediment
Go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Ronny
How do you change doctors?

Deano
doctor spelt backwards is rotcod.

i dont trust them

silver_tears
How do you change doctors?

You could ask for a referral from your old one, or you could simply shop around. They'd just need to get your records.

Leo.M

Oh my good, you're pregnant! oh

stick out tongue

boobsmagee
meh my grandma has some disease, she gets massive migranes, unless she takes her shot everyday or so i think :/ id hurry up and get that checkd regardless of a doctor bill, things could go worse, for u,

PandoraMomo
we are not allowed to have more health problems in common dammit!

MJOILNIR
Penicillin and a hammer will cure anything that ails ya' wink

CatDude
...clearly you have the AIDS.... smokin'

Lana
we are not allowed to have more health problems in common dammit!

We're twins, okay? Get used to it stick out tongue

Punkyhermy
definitely go to the doctor!

Morning_Glory

the headaches are almost unbearly painful maybe its depression messed... i dont know... even if you dont feel depressed... embarrasment ...

hope you feel better soon hug

-Tired Hiker-
Doctor! Now!

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Doctor! Now!

Roulette
Ronny, get to the doctor as soon as you can! *nods*

you shouldn't have to suffer any more hug

lil bitchiness

Ease up on drugs (if you're taking any). This happened to me before. Not to that extent, but similar.

If you're not taking any drugs, then go see a doctor.

PeterGriffin
Doesn't she take the pill? Would that affect it in any way?

AOR

You might have more than just headaches, but that's only speculation. It sound to me you may have one of two things:

1) Failure of oxygen reaching the brain.

2) Or (the worst) you actually might be having an aneurysm...like I said all speculation

Council#13

I got that a few weeks ago! It went away after like a week yes Wait a bit, then see wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.