death star destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Lord Windu
i dont read much of the EU but what rebel aliance ship can take down a star destroyer, preferebly at the start of the alliance forming.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
i dont read much of the EU but what rebel aliance ship can take down a star destroyer, preferebly at the start of the alliance forming.

?? Why name this death star destroyer ??

I would have to say (1 on 1) Mon Cal Cruiser

Captain REX
Most likely the Mon Cal Cruiser, yes. The Rebels aren't as heavily harmed, it must be said. Even Admiral Ackbar was having second thoughts about moving into firing range with an SD.

Ushgarak
General vibe always is that the Imperial ships are better direct destructive machines but tend to have weak points.

exanda kane
All the analogy of them thinking it would be foolish to attack a battlestation the size of a small moon in a snubfighter and all...

ESB Vader
what about the executor or eclipse SSD? could a cruiser take that down? 1 on 1 with either

yettoh
on empire at war mon cal cruiser would blow on up

.:Space Opera:.
apparently according to Return of the Jedi, a single
a-wing crashing into the bridge of a stardestroyer can take it out just fine.

ESB Vader
that was because its the weak point of the star destroyer

Tangible God
Originally posted by ESB Vader
what about the executor or eclipse SSD? could a cruiser take that down? 1 on 1 with either One on one? No.

Darth Kreiger
Empire of War is not Canon! They had huge Balance Issues, Rebels win Land Battle, Imperials Win Space battle(unless Mon Calamari's are in play, then the Imps crap themselves)

Smoker Stevens
when the SD is kept busy I can destroy it within 2 minutes in my B-wing in Roque Squadron..

btw it costs me some lives...

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Captain REX
Most likely the Mon Cal Cruiser, yes. The Rebels aren't as heavily harmed, it must be said. Even Admiral Ackbar was having second thoughts about moving into firing range with an SD.

If you are referring to the scene in Return of the Jedi to be fair they had like 3 Mon Cals (minus 1 or 2 due to the Death Star) against a huge fleet of Star Destroyers and a Super Star Destroyer. Odds weren't with them.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by ESB -1138
If you are referring to the scene in Return of the Jedi to be fair they had like 3 Mon Cals (minus 1 or 2 due to the Death Star) against a huge fleet of Star Destroyers and a Super Star Destroyer. Odds weren't with them.

Really, ya think? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ESB Vader
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Empire of War is not Canon! They had huge Balance Issues, Rebels win Land Battle, Imperials Win Space battle(unless Mon Calamari's are in play, then the Imps crap themselves)

there is no1 to state that any of the EU books games etc are canon or at least i havnt heard any 1 official saying its canon

Archangelysses
Admiral Ackbar wasn't having second thoughts. He stated quite clearly

"At that close range we won't last long against those Star Destroyers". Admiral Ackbar.
"We will last longer than we will against that Death Star, and we MAY just take A FEW of them with us." General Calrissian.

This quite clearly states that there was NO rebel ship capable of going one on one with a Star Destroyer. Even Lando acknowledged that it was only a possibility however slight, that they would be able to take one or two of them out of play.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Archangelysses
Admiral Ackbar wasn't having second thoughts. He stated quite clearly

"At that close range we won't last long against those Star Destroyers". Admiral Ackbar.
"We will last longer than we will against that Death Star, and we MAY just take A FEW of them with us." General Calrissian.

This quite clearly states that there was NO rebel ship capable of going one on one with a Star Destroyer. Even Lando acknowledged that it was only a possibility however slight, that they would be able to take one or two of them out of play. I had got the impression that Ackbar said that because there fleet had already suffered a fair bit of damage from the fighter attacks and the Death Star's shot or two. Plus the fact it was several dozen Star Destroyers crammed into one space all revolving around an Executor.

Archangelysses
True, But when taken into conjunction with Calrissians reply it clearly implies that they were no match for the Star Destroyers, not just because of the Death Star.

Remember, the Rebel fleet had no idea of the Death Star being operational when the Imperial Fleet came out of hiding. Admiral Ackbar was already ordering a retreat before the Death Star had fired it's first shot.

willman
those guns near echo base could take out a star destroyer.

Sith Lord Windu
on battlefront? there are a lot of exeptions taken to make games better for the player, take KOTOR as an example.

willman
wtf is a DEATH star destroyer?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Archangelysses
True, But when taken into conjunction with Calrissians reply it clearly implies that they were no match for the Star Destroyers, not just because of the Death Star.

Remember, the Rebel fleet had no idea of the Death Star being operational when the Imperial Fleet came out of hiding. Admiral Ackbar was already ordering a retreat before the Death Star had fired it's first shot.

It already fired twice before Ackbar ordered the retreat.

Tangible God
Originally posted by ESB -1138
It already fired twice before Ackbar ordered the retreat. Perhaps more.

The Rebels only engaged the Imperial Fleet directly because it would have been harder for the Death Star to get a clear shot at them without risk of hitting their own ships. It was an act of desperation.

If the Imperials hand't turned tail and fled after Palpatine's death and the DS's destruction, they could have mopped up the Rebels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.