Will there be a superman2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a_jedi_trait
Does anyone know if there will be a superman 2?

redcaped
People are confused. Bryan Singer has left a trail for us to give our opinions and decide...there is still time. I think they would love to see the villains from Superman II (1980) the modern way. This movie was made with many errors and is really 2 in 1...the Lois/Superman relationship was one and the trio from Krypton was the other. They have only revealed the love story, not the confrontation. Superman Returns only has a meaning for the newspaper, not his comeback to the big screen. It is a different time and a different world. This is our only chance to have this sequel made right for our collection.

MattDay
wtf is all that gibberish saying?

pr1983
He didnt like Superman II? i think...

MattDay
ooo right, yea that makes sense, well i thought it was weird in some areas that they could point at things and levitate objects... and superman just changes into his costume by doing nothing... he did that in the first one as well... a lot of annoying problems with the old films!!

redcaped
Why is everyone annoyed every time I mention Zod. I mean, don't you like him? To me they are the best.

redcaped
These are all the errors: her clothing had badges, they talk in space, the pole didn't break or bend after she hit one of them, old special effects, heat vision was very weak, hand to hand combat effective...others don't work, English is not primary language, not a white house problem but global, superman would never endanger the city by keeping the fight there, superman would never deal with people as a personal matter or reveal himself, the battle was at night and way high for people to spot so clearly.

MattDay
there are more too, like what the heck did he do to regain his powers? never shown or hinted at... ursa got hurt by the snake biting her... is the snake a weakness? wtf? and superman getting splated by the bus was dumb as well... he can spin the world round but can't take a bus thrown at him... that's why i rate superman returns quite higly amoung the originals because it made more sense with much better realism!

redcaped
The snake was a cheap excuse for them to discover their powers. A terrible miscalculation of power rating level. It seems that the green crystal is the main power source built the fortress and also heal him. There was one crystal missing in SR! I pray this sequel is for them.

MattDay
i hope not!

redcaped
You have to be kidding Matt!

smiley8
I want the three kryptonians to come back, even with all the flaws the fight sequences were the best in II and that end scene when Supes crushes Zod's hand and the music kicks in, Absolute Classic!

redcaped
Just the way it should be...New Batman & New Superman have just started fresh, but obviously their title can't be or sound alike. We have now this opportunity to fix the saga...why waste it!

redcaped
There is a powerful reason why this movie should make its return. It must bring at least one scene related to Krypton's past. A full explanation of their existence in a simple way...god's true language is unknown to us, but we know he has speak to us. We are 1 kind developing with different angles but they (kryptonians) should be all a singular culture...all alike...no differences. We do know who's superman and what he wears but we don't really know if he breathes or eat. The comics and movies are interpretations from that creation but does not reflect or describe its true origin. What if he just pretends to be like us in every way? Not the truth that him and Earth parents shared. This movie requires a deeper thought. This is not just entertainment but a quest that makes us wonder for probabilities as many other things of today...books, newspaper, etc. Still fun to watch, never to intimidate..."this is some freaky movie" aren't we suppose to be smart.

emporerpants
ok, now you all have me confused, will there be a another superman movie or not?

Ultraman Baltan
For the next Superman movie, I say Darkseid. Then Brainiac. Then crazy ass Zod. Then Doomsday.

pr1983
Originally posted by MattDay
ooo right, yea that makes sense, well i thought it was weird in some areas that they could point at things and levitate objects... and superman just changes into his costume by doing nothing... he did that in the first one as well... a lot of annoying problems with the old films!!

You have to remember, that back then, those were the pre-crisis years... kryptonians (especially superman), could do almost anything they thought of...

if we judge it by todays standards, then yeah, its a bit silly...

but if we look at in the proper context, i think we can see why the movies have such a massive reputation...

Originally posted by MattDay
there are more too, like what the heck did he do to regain his powers? never shown or hinted at... ursa got hurt by the snake biting her... is the snake a weakness? wtf? and superman getting splated by the bus was dumb as well... he can spin the world round but can't take a bus thrown at him... that's why i rate superman returns quite higly amoung the originals because it made more sense with much better realism!

the bus was thrown by someone as strong as superman...

if someone considerably weaker than you throws something at you, it won't hurt half as much as if someone the same strength throws something at you...

and again, this was the 70s... attitudes were alot different to movies and comic books back then... and even the comics themselves were very different to what they are today... erm

redcaped
You'll have that by comparing a passenger plane to a bus! The small elevator (Lois's rescue) was heavy, things move like cardboard, whispering near them, dummies falling out the window, slow flight chase, lines only meant for us, the whole hostage idea was wrong, they need nobody to plan their attack or lure S.

pr1983
It was the 70s... things were different back then...

coolmovies
Then they will make superman three. Its like making the serias all over again just like batman !

redcaped
Not that they surely will, it is just desire.

redcaped
Also in this movie you can see a cross everywhere just like the covenant.

hitemup
there is. around 2009

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.